Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 124073 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: July 28, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »
« edited: July 28, 2017, 10:07:08 PM by UWS »

2016 Republican National Convention
Day 3, Part 2

Date : July 18 2016-July 21 2016

Wednesday, July 20

Theme : A New American Freedom

Speakers :

-Jeff Flake, Arizona Senator
-Sean Duffy, U.S. Representative from Wisconsin
-Scott Walker, Wisconsin Governor

Thank you. Good evening.

Thank you Cleveland for giving me the opportunity to speak on behalf of Marco Rubio the next Prresident of the United States.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

He has the best background grow our economy, to promote free market and free enterprise, to create jobs, to make America prosperous and to restore the American Dream. He is a champion of the Constitution of the United States American values and that's why he will keep his word and he deserves God's help. So help him God.

Marco Rubio knows that there's a better way forward and we believe as Republicans, we believe in an America where everyone can get the education and training that they need to succeed in college, in career and in life. Where Washington deepen dependency but rather helps create genuine opportunity. Why? Because America deserves better.We believe in a country where people can achieve, maintain and enjoy their piece of the American Dream without government standing in the way. Why? Because America deserves better. We believe in a country where we take the threat of terrorism seriously. We name if for what it is, you know the words, radical Islamic terrorism, and we do everything in our power to eliminate it, to ensure our safety. Why? Because America deserves better. We believe in a country where there is a solemn responsibility to deliver to our troops the support and tools that they need to achieve absolute victory and then provide them with the healthcare and the respect that they've earned when they return home. Let's thank our veterans. Why? Because America deserves better. And while we're at it, we believe in a country that those who honorably serve in law enforcement, the people that put their lives on the line for us each and every day are just not respected they are revered. Why? Because America deserves better. We believe in a country where power is taken back from Washington and returned home to state and local governments where it is more effective, more efficient and more accountable to the people. Why? Because America deserves better. We believe in a country where freedom and personal success do not come from the clumsy hands of government rather from the dignity that comes from hard work. Why? Because in America deserves better.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

America deserves better than Elizabeth Warren. And that is why we need to support Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy to be the next President and Vice President of the United States.

Last year, I said that whoever wins the Republican nomination is better than whoever the Democrats nominate. So let me be clear, a vote for anyone other than Marco Rubio in November is a vote for Elizabeth Warren.

Make no mistake, make no mistake, we can't wait four years to get 'em next time. The consequences are too great. Elizabeth Warren's election will mark the end of free market and free enterprise, thus weakening our economy, killing several American jobs and diminish the American Dream as well as opportunity. Elizabeth Warren's election will allow further terrorist attacks against us and our allies through further cuts in the military and in our security measures. Our allies will no longer trust us at all, which will divide our allies and make them an easier target for terrorists and hand a massive victory for ISIS.

[Crowd boos]

Elizabeth Warren's vote in favor of the Iran nuclear deal, her vote against a bill aimed at allowing the Attorney General to delay the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists as well as her vote against the Defense Funding bill put our national security at risk and that makes her unfit to be President of the United States. It is time to tell Elizabeth Warren enough is enough. Why? Because America deserves better.

And thankfully Republicans are offering a better way forward. It's working right here in Ohio. And it's working in places like Florida and New Mexico and North Carolina and South Carolina. Heck, it's even working in places like Massachusetts and Maryland, that's because Republican leadership works. I know, because I see it first hand, as it's working every single day in Wisconsin. You see, in 2010, we were tired of high unemployment, budget deficits, stifling taxes and rising college tuition. Most of all we were tired of the big government union bosses running our state and local governments. We had enough. So we did something about it. We took the power from the hands of the big government special interests and returned it firmly into the hands of the hard working tax payers. Big government union bosses tried to defeat us 3 times and every time we won because our common sense reforms worked. Today more people are employed in Wisconsin than ever before. Our budget is balanced and responsible. Taxes are down for working families and seniors and college tuition in the first time ever is frozen three years in a row. If conservative reforms can work, in a blue state like mine, they can work anywhere in the country.

You see, you see, it wasn't too late for Wisconsin and it's not too late for America. If you've had enough of Washington's brokenness, of Washington's wastefulness, of Washington's empty promises and of Washington's arrogance, I invite you hear and across America to join us, help us elect Republicans to office from the courthouse, to the statehouse, to the White House. America you have a choice. You decide, you deserve better, why, because America deserves better. Why? Because America deserves better. Why? Because America deserves better.

God Bless you, thank you. And God bless our next President Marco Rubio and our next Vice President Stephen Pearcy. God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #926 on: July 28, 2017, 10:06:10 PM »

Day 3, Part 3

Wednesday, July 20

Speakers :

-Luis Fortuno, former Puerto Rico Governor
-Scott Baio, actor and television producer
-Ted Cruz, Texas Senator and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016

Thank you, and God bless each and every one of you. Heidi and I are so honored to join you here in Cleveland where LeBron James just lead an incredible comeback victory, and I am convinced America is going to come back too.

[Applause]   

America's comeback requires electing the comeback team led by Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy.

[Applause]

Like each of you, I want to see the principles that our party believes prevail in November. Just two weeks ago a nine-year-old girl named Caroline was living a carefree Texas summer. Swimming in the pool, playing with friends, doing all the things a happy child might do. Like most children, she relied upon the love that she received from her mom, Heidi, and her dad, a police sergeant named Michael Smith. That is until he became one of the five police officers gunned down in Dallas. The day her father was murdered, Caroline gave him a hug and a kiss as he left for work, but as they parted her dad asked her something he hadn't asked before. "What if this is the last time you ever kiss or hug me?" Later, as she thought of her fallen father, and that last heart breaking hug, Caroline broke down into tears. How could anything ever be OK again? Michael Smith was a former Army Ranger who spent decades with the Dallas police department. I have no idea who he voted for in the last election, or what he thought about this once, but his life was a testament to devotion. He protected the very protesters who mocked him because he loved his country, and his fellow man. His work gave new meaning to that line from literature, "To die of love is to live by it."

[Applause]

As I thought about what I wanted to say tonight, Michael Smith's story weighed on my heart. Maybe That's because his daughter Caroline is about the same age as my eldest daughter, and happens to share the same name. Maybe it's because I saw a video of that dear, sweet child choking back sobs as she remembered her Daddy's last question to her. Maybe it's because we live in a world where so many others have had their lives destroyed by evil in places like Orlando, and Paris, and Nice, and Baton Rouge. Maybe it's because of the simple question itself. What if this right now is our last time? Our last moment to do something for our families, and our country? Did we live up to the values we say we believe? Did we do all we really could? That's really what elections should be about. That's why you and millions like you devoted so much time and sacrifice to this campaign. We're fighting because each of us wants to be able to tell our kids and grandkids, our own Caroline's, that we did our best for their future and our country.

[Applause]

America is more than just a land mass between two oceans, America is an ideal. A simple, yet powerful ideal. Freedom matters. Our nation is exceptional because it was built on the five most beautiful and powerful words in the English language, "I want to be free."

[Applause]

Never has that message been more needed than today. We stand here tonight a nation divided. Partisan rancor, anger, even hatred are tearing America apart. And citizens are furious, rightly furious, at a political establishment that cynically breaks its promises, and that ignores the will of the people. We have to do better. We owe our fallen heroes more than that. And Marco Rubio is the only one candidate who will to defend freedom and American values.

[Applause]

Now, of course, Obama and Warren will also tell you that they care about our children's future, and I want to believe them but there is a profound difference about our two party's vision for the future.

There is the part that thinks ISIS is a J.V. team, that responds to the death of Americans in Benghazi "What difference does it make?" And, that thinks it's possible to make a deal with Iran that celebrates its holidays, "Death to America Day," and, "Death to Israel Day." My friends, this is madness. President Obama is a man who does everything backwards. He wants to close Guantanamo Bay, and open up our borders. He exports jobs, and imports terrorists. Enough is enough. Marco Rubio will invest all his energy to defeat radical Islamic terrorism. He will have the courage to call the enemy by its name, he will reinforce our military as well as our alliances and he will defeat ISIS and make sure that Iran will never ever get nuclear weapons and will never ever destroy anyone.

And, I am here to tell you there is a better vision for our future. A return to freedom. On education your freedom to choose your child's education, even if you aren't as rich as Elizabeth Warren or Barack Obama. On healthcare, your freedom to choose your own doctor without Obamacare. On taxes, your freedom to provide for your family without the IRS beating down your door. The Internet? Keep it free from taxes, free from regulation and don't give it away to Russia and China. Freedom means free speech. Freedom means religious freedom, whether you are Christian, Jew, Muslim, or atheist. Whether you are gay, or straight, the Bill of Rights protects the rights of all of us to live according to our conscience. Freedom means the right to keep and bear arms, and to protect your family. Freedom means that every human life is precious and must be protected. Freedom means Supreme Court Justices who don't dictate policy, but instead follow the Constitution. And, freedom means recognizing that our Constitution allows states to choose policies that reflect local values. Colorado might decide something different than Texas. New York different than Iowa. That's the way it's supposed to be, diversity. Diversity is one of the strengths of our great country called the United States of America. And it's in order to defend all of these values that we need to elect Marco Rubio the next President of the United States of America.

[Applause]

Voters are overwhelmingly rejecting big government and that is a profound victory and it is one earned by each and every one of you. People are fed up with politicians who don't listen to them. Fed up with a corrupt system that benefits the elites instead of working men and women. We deserve an immigration system that puts America first. We deserve a government that stops admitting ISIS terrorists as refugees. We deserve a government that will put the needs of our children ahead of the interests of the teachers unions. And, if we stand together and choose freedom, our future will be brighter. Freedom will bring back jobs and raise wages. Freedom will lift people out of dependency to the dignity of work. All of these will be priorities of the Rubio Administration.

[Applause]

We can do this. Forty-Seven years ago to this day, America put the very first man on the moon. That was the power of freedom. Our party, the Republican party, was founded to defeat slavery. Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican president signed the Emancipation Proclamation. Together we passed the Civil Rights Act, and together we fought to eliminate Jim Crow Laws. That's our collective legacy, although the media will never share it with you. Those were fights for freedom, and so is this. Sergeant Michael Smith stood up to protect our freedom. So do the soldiers, and sailors, and airmen, and Marines everyday fighting radical Islamic terrorism. And, so did the family of Alton Sterling who bravely called to end the violence. So did the families of those murdered at the Charleston-Emanuel AME Church who forgave that hateful, bigoted, murder.

And, so can we. We deserve leaders who stand for principal, who unite us all behind shared values, who cast aside anger for love. That is the standard we should expect from everybody. And, to those listening, please don't stay home in November and vote for Marco Rubio to make ensure our freedom's survival.

[Applause]

And I will tell you that it is love of freedom that has allowed millions to achieve their dreams. Like my mom, the first in her family to go to college, and my dad, who's here tonight, who fled prison and torture in Cuba. Coming to Texas with just 100 dollars sewn into his underwear. But my parents worked together to start a small business in the oil and gas industry, to provide for their family and to chart their own future.

When my father came to America, él no tenía nada, pero tenía corazón. He had nothing, but he had heart. A heart for freedom. That’s the American Dream and Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy understand that.

[Applause]

And 100 dollars is over that I hope will bring comfort to a grieving nine- year-old girl in Dallas, and God willing, propel her to move forward, and dream, and soar, and make her daddy proud. We must make the most of our moments, to fight for freedom, to protect our God given rights and when our work is done, and when we give those we love one final kiss goodbye we will be able to say freedom matters and I was part of something beautiful.

The case we have to make to the American people, the case each person in this room has to make to the American people is to commit to each of them that we will defend freedom, and be faithful to the Constitution.

Republicans led by Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will unite this great and diverse party. That way, we will unite the country by standing together for shared values by standing for liberty. With Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy at the White House, freedom shall never die and as Ted Kennedy said « our work will go on, our cause will endure, our hope will always live and our dream shall never die. »

God bless each and every one of you, and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #927 on: July 28, 2017, 10:18:17 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 10:40:50 PM by UWS »

Day 3, Part 4

Wednesday, July 20

Speakers :

-Ben Carson, retired neurosurgeon
-Eric Cantor, former House Majority Leader
-Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the House of Representatives and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012

Thank you for that very generous welcome. I am proud to be here as a Republican activist to the extra effort Marco Rubio has invested in bringing the Republican Party together.

In 1980, during a time of uncertainty, the American people elected Ronald Reagan for an American comeback, our party expanded and we earned this American comeback. While in office, President Reagan accomplished the three goals he had : restoring the economy, reviving the American spirit, defeating totalitarianism, spreading democracy around the world and winning the Cold War.

[Crowd applauds]

In 1994, we offered an alternative to Bill Clinton's policies, I led the Republican Revolution, we grew and expanded our party and for the first time in forty years, we controlled both the Senate and the House of Representatives and we established a Contract with America. So, under my leadership, we balanced the budget for four straight years and paid off 405 billion dollars in debt. The only major wealth entitlement reform until now was welfare. Two out of three people went back to work or went to school. We put in place the first tax cut in 16 years, largest capital gains tax cut in American history, unemployment came down to 4.2 %. This Contract with America became a great deal with America.

[Crowd applauds]

But now, we are living one of the slowest economic growths America ever known due to big government policies, higher taxes and regulations, higher government spending, deeper dependence on foreign oil, weaker American competition in the world economy, higher deficit. We are living in a time of uncertainty in which the terrorist threat is growing and terrorist attacks are multiplying, Russia imposes its expansionist agenda and Iran about to become a nuclear power. So let me ask you a similar question to Ronald Reagan's : are you better off than you were eight years ago?

[Crowd : No]

No, of course not. Just like Ronald Reagan and I did, Marco Rubio will grow and expand our party and thanks to a stronger Republican majority in both houses of Congress, President Rubio will get America back on track.

[Crowd applauds]

We are at war with radical Islamists. They are determined to kill us. They are stronger than we admit. And there is no substitute for victory. In contrast to Marco Rubio, our national security and foreign policy elites, led by Barack Obama, are incapable of speaking with such honesty while they lie about the threat. We need to tell the truth about the danger. If our enemies had their way, not a single woman in this room could define her future. If our enemies had their way, gays, lesbians, and transgender citizens would be put to death as they are today and the Islamic State and Iran. If our enemies had their way, every person on earth would be subject to conversion by the sword and to a cruel and violent system of law. There would be no individual liberty. There would be no equality. There would be no freedom. If you doubt we are at war, if you doubt that the threat is as real as I say, let me refresh your memory. On Monday, an Afghan refugee in Germany used an ax and knives to slash and wound train passengers while shouting Allahu akbar. Last week, ISIS claimed responsibly after a Tunisian man drove a cargo truck into a crowd in Nice, France. He murdered 84 people including 10 children, three Americans, and injured over 300 others. Two weeks ago, almost 300 people were killed and more than 200 were wounded in bombing attacks in Baghdad. Two days before that, radical Islamists in Bangladesh killed 20 hostages, including three American college students. A few days before that, at the Istanbul airport in Turkey, ISIS attackers armed with guns and bombs killed 44 people and injured hundreds more. Two days before that, an attacker pledging of allegiance to ISIS killed 49 people in an Orlando nightclub, and wounded dozens more. All of this in just the past 37 days. We cannot let ourselves grow numb to these accumulating atrocities.

One analysis estimated that since January, 2015, some 30,000 people have been killed at the hands of terrorists. Let's be clear, Marco Rubio is right. We are at war with radical Islamists. We are losing the war. And we must change course to win the war. Either they win or we do.

[Crowd applauds]

the challenge is when even a small percentage of a 1.6 billion people support violence against those who disagree with them, that is still a giant recruiting base. For example, Pew Research finds that only 9 percent of Muslims in Pakistan view ISIS favorably. Unfortunately, 9 percent is 16 million people, and that is just one country. So the truth is although we are losing the war with radical Islamists, we have been very lucky.

The danger we face is much worse than the horrors that happened in Germany on New Year's Eve when 1,200 women were assaulted. It is worse than what is happening in France where there are stabbings of Jews in the streets and the nation's security chief warned recently that Europe is "on the brink of civil war." It is worse than what is happening in Israel where average citizens fear for their lives whenever they leave their homes. The danger is even worse than September 11th 2001 when 19 hijackers murdered almost 3,000 Americans. The worst-case scenario is losing an American city to terrorists armed with weapons of mass destruction. Instead of losing 3,000 people in one morning, we could lose more than 300,000. Instead of losing two great buildings, we could lose block after block after block after block to a nuclear event. That is not just my view, back in January of 2001, the Hart-Rudman Commission warned the terrorists quote "will acquire weapons of mass destruction and some will use them. Americans will likely die on American soil, possibly in large numbers." Fifteen years later, the dangers are even greater in a world where Pakistan has nuclear weapons, where North Korea has been weapons, and where Iran, the world's state sponsor of terrorism, is close to having nuclear weapons, this, a catastrophic attack on innocent Americans is a very real threat. Which brings us to the heart of the matter, we are sleepwalking through history as though this is all about politics. It is not.

It is about our safety and our survival as a country. We know this administration and its allies lied to us about the Iran nuclear deal. We know it because they openly bragged about it to The New York Times. We know that the Obama administration lied to us knowingly about the terror attack on our Benghazi consulate. We know that the Obama administration is lying to the American people when they say they can safely screen the Syrian refugees. They cannot. And yet, Elizabetg Warren wants to increase the number by 500 percent.

The first step forward to safety is electing a leader who will be truthful with the American people about the realities we face. Only then will we understand, support, and demand the strategies require to confront this threat. And because safety and security are the preconditions for our freedom and prosperity, it is also the first step towards rebuilding the America we love. Marco Rubio understands this. That's why he will rebuild our military because he knows that a strong military is the best way to secure peace. Marco Rubio will take care of our veterans by holding bureaucrats at the Veterans Administration accountable like he did in 2014 with his VA reform law. He will fire those responsible for the waiting lists and will give veterans more choices about their care. With Marco Rubio's leadership, no bureaucrat will get between a veteran and their doctor.

[Crowd applauds]

Marco Rubio will get America building and working again. He will blow apart the ridiculous regulations and requirements that drive up infrastructure cost and drag out the time-line to get anything built. Thanks to free trade, to Rubio's infrastructure plan and to his tax plan, we will be once again the most competitive economy in the world and we will be the best place in the world to start a business. Marco Rubio will rebuild our education system and give every parent of every income and every ethnic background a choice about where their children goes to school. Marco Rubio will help us rebuild and strengthen our communities. Marco Rubio will get us to energy independence so we can take advantage of all of America's sources of energy and deprive terrorists and anti-American forces of revenues to attack us.

We have the opportunity to establish a new American safety, a new American prosperity, a new American freedom, a new American leadership and a New American Century for all Americans, which requires the election of Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy.

Thank you and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #928 on: July 28, 2017, 10:39:02 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 10:41:51 PM by UWS »

Day 3, Part 5

Wednesday, July 20

Speakers :

-Bruce Rauner, Governor of Illinois
-Mark Levin, conservative commentator
-Dwayne Johnson, actor and professional wrestler
-Carlos Curbelo, U.S. Representative from Florida
-Susana Martinez, Governor of New Mexico

Thank you.

We're living in a crucial time in which our economy is slowing down due to this administration's big government policies that are weakening our people's purchasing power, diminishing free enterprise and sending jobs overseas. Unless we take action, this economy will be heading to a recession.

But, if we elect Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy, we will reverse this situation and we will make the 21st century un Nuevo Siglo Americano.

My parents taught me to never give up and to always believe that my future could be whatever I dreamed it to be. Success and prosperity is built on the foundation of courage, hard-work and individual responsibility.

The American people is tired of broken promises of the last eight years. But now there is only one candidate in this election who will defend America's promise and the American Dream for generations to come. This candidate is Marco Rubio.

Marco Rubio will grow our economy by cutting taxes for all Americans, including the middle-class, getting us to energy independence, opening more trade to American markets, reforming our education system, balancing our budget, making America friendlier to businesses, developing American infrastructures with a part of future budget surpluses and reforming our immigration system. The Obama promised all these things. Obama had his chance. He failed it. But Marco Rubio will fulfill all these duties as the next President of the United States of America.

And thanks to budget balance, President Rubio will pursue further development of American military equipment and we will never be surpassed by freedom detractors like Russia, China, North Korea or Iran. As long as America remains the strongest military power in the world, freedom, democracy and integrity will always win and terrorists as well as tyrants will lose.

That is why, in this time of war, of economic sluggish and uncertainty, we need to elect leaders that will move our country forward, not backwards, and these leaders are Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States, and Stephen Pearcy, the next Vice-President of the United States.

Thank you. God bless all of you.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #929 on: July 28, 2017, 10:47:16 PM »

Day 3, Part 6

Wednesday, July 20

Speakers :

-Mark Kirk, Illinois Senator
-Betty Deas Clark, Pastor at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston after the Charleston shooting in 2015
-Tim Scott, South Carolina Senator
-Kelly Ayotte, New Hampshire Senator (introducing Stephen Pearcy)

My fellow conservatives, Republicans and Americans, I’m proud to have the privilege to introduce to you the next Vice-President of the United States of America, Stephen Pearcy.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #930 on: July 29, 2017, 12:24:37 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2017, 01:29:25 AM by Jaguar4life »

Pearcy accepts the Vice Presidental Nomination

Mr Chairman and all of the delegates from all 50 states and 5 territories, Senator Rubio and all of the RNC

I accept your nomination for Vice President of the United States!   *Crowd cheers*

I am gonna be honest I thought long about taking the nomination to the convention but then I thought that would fracture the Republican Party and give way to President Elizabeth Warren. *Crowd boos*

We ran a long and great campaign that came up short but in the end it work out well beside I am standing here accepting the chance to be the next Vice President of the United States!

And I like to thank Senator Rubio for adding things I promised by Wall Street reform and ending arming groups in the Middle East we don't know anything about into his campaign that really helps a ton!!

As Vice President I will work with the senate and congress no matter what party in a bipartisan matter to get things done and try to work in bills to succeed.  

Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren have said that I am not qualified to be Vice President and that I have no idea what I am doing.

Well let me tell you something I have changed from my days in the 80s and have put my career of fame and fortune to help make my country which I am proud of calling my home great again!! *Crowd cheers*  

A vote for Elizabeth Warren is a vote for 4 more years of Obama era policys like  expansion of Obamacare, Expansion of Dodd Frank which unlike what she believes helps out Wall Street even more!  She also will continue arming Syrian rebel groups that have ties to ISIS

She wants to push more tax hikes and regulations onto working class families.  

She is nothing new and doesn't seem to promote anything new which will get her in the end people!! *Crowd cheers*

However Marco Rubio and me will cut taxes for the middle and working class and for small businesses,  We will fight Wall Street, We will watch what groups we are arming in the Middle East with background checks, We will fight for Free Trade and create a new fairer TPP not like the one President Obama is proposing

We will and this is a promise to you Make America Great Again and once again it will be morning in Amercia again.

Thank you and Good night!! *Crowd cheers*
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #931 on: July 29, 2017, 07:29:13 AM »

Just to be sure, does the current turn run until 10 pm tonight? That would give me enough time to post the RNC speeches of the 4th day of the Convention, including my acceptance speech.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #932 on: July 29, 2017, 08:46:48 AM »

Just to be sure, does the current turn run until 10 pm tonight? That would give me enough time to post the RNC speeches of the 4th day of the Convention, including my acceptance speech.
Yes I will give you the extension.
Same will be given for Democrats (Sun-Sat)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #933 on: July 29, 2017, 10:15:17 AM »

Day 4, Part 1

Wednesday, July 21

Theme : A New American Leadership

Speakers :

-Eileen Collins, retired astronaut
-Chris Christie, New Jersey Governor
-John Kasich, Ohio Governor

Thank you, Cleveland. Thank you, Ohio. Thank you, my fellow Republicans. Thank you, my fellow Americans.

I'm here to talk about what makes America strong, special and safe. In 1982, during the Reagan Revolution, I was elected at the U.S. House of Representatives and I spent 18 years in the House Armed Services Committee. By that time, thanks to Ronald Reagan's foreign policy leadership that included a stronger diplomacy, stronger defense spending and stronger military, we managed to make the world safer, to win the Cold War and to restore democracy throughout the world.

Right now, we are witnessing a rise of terrorism due to multiple terrorist attacks, including in San Bernardino and Orlando. We are witnessing Russia's foreign policy dishonesty due to its support to Bachar al-Assad and its invasion of Ukraine. And we are witnessing a imminent Iranian nuclear power that would be chaotic for us and our allies. With a Warren administration, all these things will get worse.

[Crowd boos]

We need a President who is not afraid to face and defeat the enemy. As a former member of the House Armed Services Committee, I know that Marco Rubio will keep us safe by modernizing and reinforcing our military, consolidating and expanding our alliances, defeat ISIS and international terrorism through military strength, promote freedom and democracy, stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons and supporting terrorism and restore international territorial integrity.

In 1995, after the Republican Revolution in 1994, I became the Chairman of the House Budget Committee. Thanks to our majority in both houses of the Congress, Bill Clinton was forced to put big government policies aside and to compromise and work with Republicans and together, Republicans and Democrats, we cut taxes for small businesses and the middle-class, we promoted free trade to make us competitive in the international economy, we balanced the budget for 4 years and paid off 405 billion dollars in debt. We established the first tax cut in 16 years, largest capital gains tax cut in American history and we brought unemployment down to 4.2 %.

Before I became Governor of Ohio, the Buckeye State was the 48th state in terms of job creation. During Ted Strickland's four-year governorship, Ohio suffered massive tax hikes and also lost jobs due to Strickland's populist policies while trade and transportation are the sector that employs most people in Ohio. Strickland's big government leadership cost Ohio 350 000 jobs that were shipped in neighboring states. Strickland's era, we saw no economic growth in our state and the deficit raised up to $8 billion. But fortunatley, I ran for governor. After a tough race, we won.

While in office, I took the state from an 8 billion dollar hole to a 2 billion dollar surplus, and eliminated the state's estate tax. During my time in office, we have developed new energies, thus diversifying the state's economy and Ohio also saw a 9.3% increase in private sector jobs.

Right now, we are living one of the slowest economic growths in American history. Barack Obama's big government policies that taxes and regulates our people and our businesses, made us dependent on foreign energy and got the deficit to almost 20 trillion $ made our economy less dynamic. We need a President who understands the economy and knows how to create jobs.

Just like I did during my governorship, Marco Rubio will diversify our economy by increasing oil drilling and production and use a part of revenues from oil drilling to develop renewable energies, thus ensuring the environment's protection while encouraging job creation. He will promote free trade so our products will be less expensive with lower tariffs and our companies will be much more competitive around the world by getting us new consumers internationally. He will cut taxes and regulations on our manufacturing industry and reduce our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 % so we can keep our manufacturing jobs here in this country, bring lost jobs back here in America and help creating jobs while pursuing our quest for open markets in the world in order to increase our competitiveness in the world economy through fairer trade deals that will us to create American jobs here in the United States.

Marco Rubio will reform our education system by promoting school choice. He will cut taxes and regulations on businesses and reduce the cost of doing business in America, which will make our country the best place in the world to make business. He will reform our immigration system, balance our budget and he will use a part of future budget surpluses to develop our infrastructures so our economic activities will be facilitated.

Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy know that economic prosperity comes from free market policies, not from the government. They know that the American Dream is possible through free market solutions, not big government policies that impose taxes that take money away from the middle class and hard working families. This election is about America's future, about your future and about the future of your children and generations to come. So for a better and fairer America, for a New American Century, we need Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy to be our next leaders right here right now.

Thank you. God bless all of you. God bless Ohio and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #934 on: July 29, 2017, 10:32:29 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2017, 10:42:16 AM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 2

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-Pat Toomey, Pennsylvania Senator
-Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil
-Sylvester Stallone, actor

Thank you. Good evening.

I know the American people is worried about the future, notably because of the threat imposed to the Constitution of the United States, because of a rise of terrorism and because of Russia's insane and expansionist foreign policy that does nothing but encouraging terrorism, especially in the Middle East. And you know, I had the chance to fight Russia many times (in the Rambo saga and in the Rocky saga).

[Crowd laughs and applauds]

Maybe terrorists decided that they can now start rising again because I'm now too old to fight them?

[Crowd laughs]

Just like all of you, I am a patriot. And as patriots, we have a duty to accomplish for the sake of America's future and security. But Barack Obama is making our duty much more complicated than it already was by cutting in defense spending, weakening our military and our security measures, thus reinforcing terrorism and tyranny around the world. And Elizabeth Warren seeks to pursue these failed policies. But we can accomplish our duty by electing Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy at the White House for the sake of a New American Leadership.

Under Marco Rubio's leadership, we will be able to restore peace, freedom and stability. I know it because weapons and military arsenal helped me to defeat the enemy 4 times (in the four Rambo movies). Thanks to a stronger defense budget, stronger and modernized American military, stronger diplomacy as well as stronger and greater alliances and background checks that will help us to arm the right groups in the Middle East, America will defeat ISIS and international terrorism, defend Ukraine against Russia, stop Iran from becoming and nuclear power, stop North Korea from aggressing anybody and restore international territorial integrity. That's how we will restore freedom, peace and security.

Another reason why I'm a Republican is that I'm a great defender of our God-given rights defended by the Constitution of the United States. Over and over again, Elizabeth Warren and the Obama administration kept their eyes closed on jihadist threat and remained passive about it. Since two years, we see on television the genocides that ISIS is committing by beheading and persecuting Christians and by slaying Kurdish populations in Iraq. These are crimes against humanity and that's in violation of the right to freedom of religion, a basic element of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States alongside freedom of the press and freedom of the speech. Marco Rubio will defend these inviolable rights by defeating radical Islamic terrorism, which will save innocent lives in the Middle East, stop outrageous genocides and restore freedom and security once and for all, which Marco Rubio's election at the Presidency of the United States of America and a New American Leadership.

By the way, my friends, a New American Century requires defending our freedom and our Constitution. The Constitution of the United States of America defends the future of America and Marco Rubio will with the best of his ability preserve protect and defend the Constitution of the United States for a safer, more prosperous and more united America. So help him God.

Thank you. God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #935 on: July 29, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2017, 01:24:34 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 3

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-Susan Collins, Maine Senator
-Peter Cianchette, former U.S. Ambassador to Costa Rica
-Jerry Moran, Kansas Senator and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016

Thank you, my fellow Republicans and fellow Americans.

This has been a long race for the nomination. I did my best during this campaign, but our party made a different choice and I respect it because I am a great defender of democracy. And in order to make sure that our freedom, our prosperity and our security will prevail, I decided to contribute to our party unity by supporting a great leader, great American and the next President of the United States, Marco Rubio.

Now, it's with great honor and priviledge that I came here to speak on behalf of him. Marco Rubio is the most qualified to be the next Commander-in Chief. He is one of the greatest champions of free market. Across my home state of Kansas, as well as in Iowa, Illinois and here in the state of Ohio, I've heard the concerns of a lot of farmers who are struggling to recover from Obama's disastrous big government policies. Many farmers lost their jobs and rising inflation raised the cost of buying agricultural products, which hurts agricultural businesses. We need to reverse this situation. Marco Rubio has a plan to help farmers. As President, he will cut taxes for businesses, including tractor and seed companies, to help them to innovate and to manufacture more tractors and seeds, which will boost job creation, improve agricultural technologies, ensure Iowa's and America's subsistence, reduce the food prices through the reduction of inflation and reduce Americans' dependence on food stamps, which will reinforce their purchasing power and give them more access to food. That's how we're going to make sure that the American people will live better lives by finding good-paying jobs, fulfilling their food needs and accomplishing their agricultural activities.

Marco Rubio is the only one candidate in this presidential race who can defend the Constitution of the United States. He knows that adoption is the clear alternative to abortion that unfairly kills unborn babies and takes from them the right and the chance to live. He knows that terrorists are the right threat to our constitutional rights. They want to destroy our democracy and to kill us for what we believe, especially gender equity, freedom of press, freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Defending these values requires unconditional victory against ISIS and international radical Islamic terrorism.

Unlike Elizabeth Warren who seeks to violate the Second Amendment by taking away our people's right to self-defense, Marco Rubio knows that the right cause of the terrorist attacks in San Bernardino and Orlando is radical Islamic terrorism, a term that Senator Warren is afraid to use in order to define our enemy. Before and after the deadliest terrorist attack since 9/11 that we suffered in Orlando, Senator Warren has voted over and over again in favor of cutting in defense budget and in our security measures and of reducing our military at its smallest size. She has voted over and over again against reinforcing and expanding our geopolitical alliances in addition of supporting the Obama's Iran nuclear deal that will hand funds to radical Islamic terrorists groups supported by Iran and to Iran's nuclear program.

[Crowd boos]

If Elizabeth Warren is elected at the White House, she will close Guantanamo, which will give Guantanamo terrorists great opportunities to escape, to be on the run once again and to commit terrorist attacks against the United States or their allies. We've seen it with Said Ali al-Shiri. After being released in 2007, this Al Qaeda jihadist returned to terrorism, co-founded the radical Islamic terrorist organization called Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in addition of calling upon Somali pirates to increase their attacks on western shipping and leading the Al-Qaeda insurgency in Yemen, killing thousands of people before being killed by a U.S. drone. And yet, Senator Warren seeks to repeat that reinforced that mistake that reinforced the terrorist threat
and diminished international security.

[Crowd boos]

All this lack of foreign policy judgement and leadership from Senator Warren will cause several more American deaths, lead the world to chaos and allow ISIS' victory.

She does not have the national security experience and she accomplished absolutely nothing on foreign policy isssues nor on every issue in general. Nada!

[Crowd applauds]

Marco Rubio will fight and defeat radical Islamic terrorism by allowing the Attorney General to delay the transfer of fireweapons to suspected terrorists, increasing the FBI's counterterrorism budget, reinforcing our homeland security and our security measures, growing our defense budget in order to reinforce and modernize our military, expanding our alliances, strike terrorists on their turf through military strength, taking away terrorists' oil refineries and giving them back to Iraq and Syria in order to deprive them of revenues to fund their terrorist activities, arming the right groups in the Middle East through background checks and abolishing Obama's Iran nuclear deal in order to deprive Iran of the necessary money to sponsor international terrorism and to get nuclear weapons able to hit the United States and their allies. Just like Ronald Reagan did, Marco Rubio will lead will lead us to peace through strength.

No one can look at Marco Rubio and say that he is not ready to Commander-in-Chief. He is ready to fulfill this hard working responsibility.

Senator Rubio has the best experience and background to grow this economy and he will do it with his experience as member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

He has the best foreign policy knowledge, leadership and judgement to keep our nation and our people safe and he will do so with his experience as a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and of the Senate Committee on Intelligence. He has been tested over and over again on national security challenges and every time he won. He successfully co-sponsored a bill aimed at reinforcing sanctions against the Hezbollah in order to aweaken their ability to organize and commit terrorist attacks. Thanks to his co-sponsored North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act, sanctions were reinforced against international individuals and companies that are transferring dollars to Kim Jong-un in order to fund the development of North Korea's nuclear program. And thanks to his co-sponsored Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act, we will reinforce and expand our alliances in order to combine our forces and to fight and destroy ISIS and other jihadist groups such as Al Qaeda, Al Nosra and Hezbollah.

America will finally retrieve freedom, peace, security, justice, fairness and prosperity under Marco Rubio's leadership. No doubt about it.

That's why, I call of you my fellow Americans to turn the page on Barack Obama's disastrous eight years and to elect Marco Rubio as the 45th President of the United States of America for the sake of a bright, safe, free, fair, prosperous and great America and a New American Century.

Thank you. God bless America.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #936 on: July 29, 2017, 12:52:01 PM »

The following ad will run for three weeks in New Hampshire, Maine, Virginia, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, North Carolina, Georgia and Nevada.

Marco Rubio picked an inexperienced Musician, Stephen Pearcy to be his Vice-Presidential nominee. Pearcy is grossly unqualified to be on the ticket, and to serve as President, make decisions about war and peace, and weigh decisions such as a nuclear strike.

Elizabeth Warren's running mate, Sherrod Brown, on the hand, has served for over thirty years in Ohio and National politics, and has made efforts to learn as much as he can about finance and foreign affairs in his time in the House and Senate, so he can cast informed votes. He is qualified to serve on the ticket, and to serve as President should the need arise.

I'm Elizabeth Warren and I approve this message,
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #937 on: July 29, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »

Day 4, Part 4

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-John Cornyn, Texas Senator
-John Beyrle, former U.S. Ambassador to Russia
-Warren DeMartini, guitarist of Ratt accompanied by 50 Cent, rapper, businessman and actor

Warren DeMartini : Hello, Republicans. We may not be politicians, but 50 Cent and I are registered Republicans. So we are here to talk about the American people's fatigue of status quo.

Warren DeMartini : The Democratic establishment represented by Elizabeth Warren is promoting the status quo. They are promising more of the same of the failed policies and broken promises of the last eight years. An example of this matter of fact is that my fellow African Americans are struggling to earn better living conditions. Many of them are unfairly killed or are living in poverty, especially in Detroit.

Warren DeMartini : And the Democrats also brought corruption and allowed terrorists to harm our nation. And they dare questioning Marco Rubio's experience. I'm so sick and tired to hear the Democrats doubting about Senator Rubio's experience. He actually has more experience than Elizabeth Warren has and he clearly has a better record and judgement than Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren when it comes to keep America safe and prosperous. The Democrats also dared to question my friend Stephen Pearcy's readiness to be Vice-President? I am sick and tired to hear these accusations. Stephen is a leader. He has led a music group, he raised a family and he led a political campaign. All this experience made him ready to get things done. And you know what, even without any political experience, Dwight D. Eisenhower has succeeded in managing the economy, to keep our country safe, to reinforce our position against USSR and to reinforce America's unity by making the system fair for all Americans, including African Americans.

50 Cent : Let me tell you this, Senator Warren : it's judgement that matters most. Let me ask you this, my fellow Americans : do you want the experience of an ineffective politician like Elizabeth Warren who contributed to San Bernardino's terrorist attack on December 2015 by voting in favor of weakening our security measures and our homeland security on June 2015, six months before these terrorist attacks that occured because we did not have access to records, information and other items under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act that would have allowed us to identify these killers before they attacked?

[Crowd : No.]

Warren DeMartini : And do you want the experience of a who, even after the Pulse shooting in Orlando, voted against allowing the Attorney General to block the transfer of fireweapons to suspected terrorists, who voted against reinforcing our military and our alliances, su received tens of billions of dollars for her Senate campaign, and doesn't believe in free market, wants to increase the size of government and to make America the hardest place in the world to do business.

[Audience : No.]

50 Cent : The American people is sick and tired of corruption, broken promises and status quo. Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy are agents of change and they will bring change to this country by fighting corruption and by keeping our country safe through a stronger military and di that will defeat terrorism.

Warren DeMartini : They will bring a fair prosperity for all Americans by reducing taxes for all, making America the best place in the world to do business, by cutting taxes for manufacturing businesses so we can keep manufacturing jobs here in America, by getting us to energy independence, by promoting free trade, reforming our education system and our immigration system and by developing infrastructure with a part of budget surpluses. As a successful businessman, I know Rubio's plan will work and will bring prosperity for all Americans, including my fellow African Americans. All promises that were broken by the Democratic liberal establishment.

50 Cent : So in order to bring prosperity, security, national unity and integrity back to America and to restore the American Dream and America's promise, we need to elect Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy and they will bring great real change for our country change will finally get America back on track.

Warren DeMartini and 50 Cent : Thank you, God bless all of you and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #938 on: July 29, 2017, 01:19:56 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2017, 09:38:11 AM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 5

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-Brian Sandoval, Nevada Governor
-Jim Jordan, U.S. Representative from Ohio
-Carlos-Lopez Cantera, Republican candidate for Marco Rubio's Senate seat in Florida
-Ron Johnson, Wisconsin Senator

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Ladies and gentlemen, « What difference at this point does it make? » I am the guy that got under her skin and provoked that infamous response from Hillary Clinton by asking a pretty simple question : « Why didn't you just pick up the phone and call the survivors? »

But instead of doing that, she hatched her cover-up story and repeatedly lied to the American people. She even lied to the surviving family members of America's heroes. She looked those family members right in the eye and then she lied.

[Crowd Boos]

It made a difference to the young Yazidi woman who I met who was captured and brutalized by ISIS barbarians. The joy of life hauntingly absent in her eyes. It made a difference to the travelers passing through airports in Brussels, in Istanbul who just wanted to get home to their family and friends. It made a difference to the ordinary Americans sharing holiday cheer at a Christmas party in San Bernardino. It made a difference to the young men and women dancing on a summer night at a club in Orlando, in Marco Rubio's home state. And it made a difference to the families watching fireworks at a celebration of freedom in Nice.

There are just a few of the examples of Islamic terrorists. Let me repeat that. Radical Islamic terrorists. Slaughtering and brutalizing their innocent victims. So the question is : when will America actually confront this terrible reality? We certainly won't if Democrats win in November.

In Wisconsin, I'm running against Russ Feingold, a man who, even after 9/11, was the only Senator to vote against giving law enforcement the tools they need to help stop international terror.

[Crowd boos]

During his 18 year Senate career, he also voted against authorizing our military 11 separate times. Now he's asking Wisconsinites to give him a fourth term just as Elizabeth Warren is asking America to give her Obama's third term. The world is simply too dangerous to elect either of them.

Instead, America needs strong leadership. Leaders who will jumpstart our economy, secure our borders, strengthen our military and our alliances and accomplish the goal that President Obama set out over 22 months ago : we must defeat ISIS and then remain fully committed to destroying radical Islamic terrorists wherever they hide.

It doesn't have to be like this,. We shouldn't have to live in fear. But if we want to change that reality, we must understand exactly what is at stake. This is a fight for freedom. This is not somebody else's fight. This is our fight and it is a fight we absolutely must win.

Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy understand that these must be America's top priorities. They will be strong leaders working with Republicans in the House and the Senate to achieve a goal that can unite us all : a safe, a prosperous and secure America.

Our future hangs in the balance. We must unify, work tirelessly, and together save this great nation.

God bless your efforts and God bless America. Thank you.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #939 on: July 29, 2017, 02:45:38 PM »

Breaking News: Log Cabin Republicans to endorse Rubio.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #940 on: July 29, 2017, 08:11:04 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2017, 08:12:44 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 6

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-J.C. Watts, former Oklahoma congressman
-David M. McIntosh, President of Club for Growth
-Randy Weber, Texas congressman
-Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico and 2012 Libertarian presidential nominee

Thank you my friends.

I am proud to be a Republican once again and to support Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States.

Marco Rubio is the only candidate who understands that government is the problem that contributed to the slowest economic progress our country is living while our jobs are shipping overseas, while taxes and regulations are diminishing the purchasing power for all the people, including the middle class, while government spending is going out of control, while we are getting more dependent on foreign oil and while our country is less economically competitive. Free market is the right solution to the problem.

We've got Elizabeth Warren who will pursue all of these job-killing policies adopted by Barack Obama, thus making America the hardest place in the world to do business, diminishing the American Dream and heading America to a recession.

[Crowd boos]

And we've got Ron Paul who pretends to be the greatest champion of free market in this race. That is simply not true. In 2003, Congressman Paul has voted against the Energy Omnibus bill that allowed oil drilling in ANWR to expand domestic energy sources, that allowed tax breaks for energy production and conservation and that encouraged and allowed for research and exploration of new energy and heating sources. In addition, Congressman Paul seeks to make America less competitive in the world economy, which means more tariffs and more tariffs mean more government intrusion in the economy and means less American jobs. So the bottom line is Ron Paul is not a real champion of free market.

[Crowd boos]

Marco Rubio has the right experience and knowledge to get this economy working again and he has the right solutions to our economic challenges. And these are truly free market solutions. He will make America energy independent by encouraging oil drilling and oil production, approving the construction of Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, approving oil exploitation in ANWR and abolish taxes and regulations on our coal industry, which will bring coal jobs back here in America and accelearate our path to energy independence. Then, we will use a part of the revenues from oil drilling to invest in the development of renewable energies. That way, we will boost our manufacturing industry as well as our automobile industry, thus preventing bankruptcies in cities like Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. and make our cars less expensive than Asian cars, which will give us the advantage in trade deals with our Asian allies and partners. As President, Marco Rubio will encourage economic prosperity by promoting America's competitiveness in the world economy, opening more trade and reducing tariffs, which will reduce the cost of trading as well as our products' costs. He will make our trade deals fair by cutting taxes and regulations on our manufacturing industry, which will help us to reclaim and keep our manufacturing jobs and to create more of these jobs and by reducing our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 %, which will make America the best place in the world to do business and help our businesses, including small businesses, to create jobs and make sure that our workers will benefit from trade deals and from their hard working.

President Rubio will cut taxes for all the American people, from the bottom to the top and abolish the IRS and replace it by a 15 % flat tax. He will reduce government spending and promote free market solutions to our problems. He will oppose all government intervention and regulation on wages, prices, rents, profits, production and interest rates and advocate the repeal of all laws banning or restricting the advertising of prices, products or services. He knows that free markets will stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect the environment and ecosystem. He will put in place a balanced budget amendment and make America the best place in the world to do business, which requires cutting taxes for American business owners, reducing the cost of doing business and reducing our corporate tax rates. That's how we're going to restore our prosperity and get America to full-employement

So in order to make that happen, for the sake of your children, grand children and beyound, I ask all of you fellow conservatives, fellow Republicans and fellow Americans to elect Marco Rubio, the only candidate determined in defending free enterprise, free market, to be the next President of the United States of America.

Thank you. God bless you all and God bless America.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #941 on: July 29, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »

Hour 52 of the filibuster

. . .  And I believe we have made our case to the piblic and the candidates for President, as well as our incumbent President. With that, I yield the floor.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #942 on: July 29, 2017, 08:20:57 PM »

Day 4, Part 7

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-Jason Chaffetz, U.S. Representative from Utah
-Mary Fallin, Oklahoma Governor
-Mike Pence, Indiana Governor

Thank you.

You know, I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order. I grew up on the front row of the American dream. My grandfather immigrated to this country. I was raised in a small town in southern Indiana, in a big family with a cornfield in the backyard. Although we weren't really a political family, the heroes of my youth were President John F. Kennedy and the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

[Applause]

When I was young, I watched my mom and dad build everything that matters: a family, a business and a good name. I was raised to believe in hard work, in faith and family. My dad, Ed Pence, was a combat veteran in Korea. He ran gas stations in our small town and he was a great father.

You know, growing up I actually started in politics in the other party until I heard the voice and the ideals of the 40th president and I said on for the Reagan Revolution.

Now, we must and will win this election because Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy are running on the issues facing this country and because we're leveling with the American people about the stakes and the choice. You know, the American people are tired of being told. They're tired of being told that this is as good as it gets. They're tired of hearing politicians of the Democratic establishment tell us that we'll get to that tomorrow while we pile a mountain range of debt on our children and our grandchildren. And as Ronald Reagan used to say, they're tired of being told that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capital can plan our lives better for us than we can plan them for ourselves.

As Ronald Reagan said over fifty years ago, the American people has a choice to make because 2016 is a Time for Choosing.

The choice is either Elizabeth Warren, a candidate who is running for Barack Obama’s third term, who will further cut spending in defense budget, thus allowing radical Islamic terrorism to rise and kill innocent people and threat freedom, democracy, justice and integrity.

[Crowd boos]

If Elizabeth Warren is elected, we’ll see an increase of government and further taxes and regulations on the American people that will make businesses less dynamic and successful, make us deeply dependent on foreign oil, thus favoring anti-American forces, and Warren will promote isolation and populism through higher tariffs that will kill opportunities to get consumers on the international stage. All of this will make our economy weaker than it already is and will impose a threat to capitalism, free market and free enterprise.

[Crowd boos]

Or, for the sake of a better America, we can elect Marco Rubio, a man of integrity and leadership, who will grow our economy by cutting taxes on the American people and on businesses to reinforce our dollar, our consumers’ purchasing power and our businesses’ ability to hire, produce, innovate and expand, by making America energy independent through increasing oil production and drilling and encourage the development of renewable energies through a part of oil drilling revenues, thus protecting our environment without hurting our economy.

Marco Rubio will make America competitive in the world economy through encouraging free trade, which will lower tariffs and make our products less expansive, which will allow our country to keep its trade power over China, a currency manipulator led by tyrannical communism. Marco Rubio will reform our education system through school choice in order to make education more accessible for all Americans, including the middle-class and lower income Americans and he will balance the budget and use a part of budget surplus to develop infrastructures, thus encouraging future entrepreneurs to do business in America and encouraging job creation here in the United States of America.

That’s why I trust Marco Rubio for the job of President of the United States because as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Intelligence and Small Business and Entrepreneurship and member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, he understands what it takes to create jobs and make America working again.

Marco Rubio will keep America safe by increasing defense spending, thus allowing us strengthen and modernize our military. He will stand with our allies and expand our strategic alliances, he will defeat radical Islamic terrorism and tyranny, stop Iran from becoming a military nuclear power and put an end to Russian invasion of Eastern Europe by providing our allies with the necessary weapons to defeat these pro-Russian terrorist groups, thus giving Ukraine back to the Ukrainian people.

That’s why I trust Marco Rubio for the job of President of the United States because he has the right foreign policy experience to keep our country safe and he knows what it takes to fight and defeat terrorism and preserve democracy and integrity around the world.

So, my fellow Americans, in this Time for Choosing, we chose Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy to lead this country for the sake of a stronger prosperity, security and national unity in America, which will get us to a New American Century.

Thank you, God bless you and God bless America.
Different Republican
Rookie
« Reply #943 on: July 29, 2017, 08:23:12 PM »

I won't be able to finish my turn again, hopefully, this is the last time, so again, here's a summary:

Ron Paul campaigned on the states of New Hampshire, Alaska, Montana, Texas, Michigan and Nevada.

Paul campaigned with most people who endorsed him and campaigned on numerous issues like constitutional rights, energy policy, repealing Obamacare and leaving the TPP. In New Hampshire, he talked about Snowden's endorsement and promised to pardon him if he wins. Paul also commented about Sander's filibuster and supported him saying that "[...] the bill just isn't right, we will strengthen our relations with countries like Saudi Arabia to defeat terrorism, but Saudi Arabia finances radical groups in the Middle East!". Paul also campaigned on defeating the establishment from both parties saying that "[...] many republicans are elected as small government conservatives, but govern like they are Democrats! We can't let this happen anymore! We can't be fooled by the politicians anymore!"

Paul responded to the attacks he received during the RNC, specially the one by Gary Johnson saying:

"Gary, before talking about who is the economic conservative pro free trade here, please, see your record, you supported a carbon tax, you support that the government should simply have the power to arrest a person if the person doesn't want to vaccinate itself, this violates the NAP, a principle of libertarianism, might be worth to look about it, you support the TPP, as governor the debt of New Mexico almost raised more than 3 million dollars! You are not a libertarian, you are not a economic conservative, so don't try to make it look that I am not one, because I am more economic conservative than you have ever been!"
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #944 on: July 29, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »

Day 4, Part 8

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-Mitch Daniels, former Governor of Indiana and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016
-Ben Sasse, Nebraska Senator
-Khizr and Ghazala Khan

Tonight we are honoured to stand here as parents of Captain Humayun Khan and as patriotic American Muslims with undivided loyalty to our country.

Like many immigrants, we came to this country empty-handed. We believed in American democracy; that with hard work and goodness of this country, we could share in and contribute to its blessings.

We are blessed to raise our three sons in a nation where they were free to be themselves and follow their dreams.

Our son, Humayun, had dreams too, of being a military lawyer, but he put those dreams aside the day he sacrificed his life to save the lives of his fellow soldiers. Marco Rubio is grateful of our son's patriotism and service to defend America's freedom and security. That's why his administration will take care of all America's veterans and make America's national security one of its main priorities.

Our son was killed by radical Islamic terrorists, a minority of extremist evil barbarians that don't defend the real values of Islamic. They are slaying good Muslims as well as Christians, Kurds, etc. for the values they are defending, such as freedom, democracy, gender equity, etc. We have to defeat radical Islamic terrorism in order to stop this insanity, which requires a stronger American military and stronger defense ties and stronger partnerships with Muslim nations. It's through a great coalition that we're going to defeat radical Islamic terrorism and that's what Marco Rubio will do. That way, we're going to save democracy, freedom of press and freedom of religion, which will allow everyone in the world to practice their religion without getting killed for what they believe.

Marco Rubio values every single American of all incomes, all beliefs, all origins and all races. We solve our problems by getting our people together. United we stand, divided we fall. Our national unity will get stronger when Marco Rubio becomes Presidentof the United States of America.

In conclusion, I ask every patriot American, all Muslim immigrants, and all immigrants to join Marco Rubio in this fight for America's future and for the American Dream. This is a historic election, and I request to honour the sacrifice of my son - and on election day, take the time to get out and vote for Marco Rubio, the greatest defender of America's values our country has ever known.

God bless you, thank you.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #945 on: July 29, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2017, 12:15:29 AM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 9

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008
-Peter Thiel, Silicon Valley investor and co-founder of PayPal
-John R. Bolton, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations
-Evan McMullin, CIA operative

Thank you everybody.

There has never been a day when I was not proud to be a conservative. There has never been a day when I was not proud to be a Republican. There has never been a day when I was not proud to be a patriot. And there has never been a day when I was not proud to be an American.

And that's why I am proud to support Marco Rubio.

You know, I attend Brighman Young University where I did a summer internship with the CIA every year I was in college. And I gratuated with a Bachelor's degree in International Law and Diplomacy and began formal training with the CIA to become an operative in 2001, the year of the 9/11 attacks. Since then, I worked overseas on counterterrorism and intelligence operations as an operations officer with the National Clandestine Service in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia and thanks to our strong efforts and collaboration with our allies, we collected many necessary information on terrorists groups that helped us fighting terrorism around the world and to reinforce international security by developing intelligence for strikes on terrorists and searching for high-value Al-Qaeda leaders, including Osama Bin Laden, the perpetrator of the 9/11 attacks, whom our brave men in uniform killed in Pakistan five years ago.

Right now, we saw an incredible rise of radical Islamic terrorism and over the last year and in the last 7 months of this year, we saw terrorist attacks committed in Paris, London, Berlin, Garland, San Bernardino, Brussels and Nice and now ISIS is occupying an important part of the Iraqi and Syrian territories. Over the last 2 years, we saw ISIS fighters committing genocides against Christians and Kurds and beheading and burning innocent people. And yet the Obama administration is pursuing cuts in the defense budget and has failed to stand with our allies to fight ISIS and to call the enemy by its name.

[Crowd boos]

And Elizabeth Warren seeks to be Barack Obama's heir on all fronts, including foreign policy. She voted in favor of weakening our security measures and our military, supported Obama's Iran nuclear deal and opposed allowing the Attorney General to delay the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists like the shooter in Orlando, one month ago.

[Crowd boos]

There is only one candidate in this race who has the courage to do everything it takes to fight terrorism. And this candidate is Senator Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States of America.

Marco Rubio is not and will not be afraid to call the enemy by its name : radical Islamic terrorism. Marco Rubio will increase our defense budget, thus making sure that we will reinforce and modernize our military and ensure our troops' readiness. By reinforcing and expanding our alliances and by sending all the necessary arsenal on the terrorists' turf, we will defeat ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and international terrorism. We'll also defeat ISIS by putting in place background checks that will help us not to arm groups that we know nothing and to arm only anti-terrorist forces. All of this will be done under Marco Rubio's leadership.

Through stronger diplomatic and economic sanctions, stronger alliances and stronger diplomacy, Marco Rubio will stop Iran from becoming a nuclear power and from supporting international terrorism like we're going to do through his co-sponsored Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act.

By reinforcing sanctions against Vladimir Putin's Russia, standing with our allies, reinforcing our military presence in eastern Europe and providing the Ukranian army with American weapons, Marco Rubio will make sure that we will restore security, freedom and integrity in Eastern Europe, that Ukraine, including Crimea, will be given back to Ukrainians, that we will defeat Vladimir Putin's tyranny and expansionist policies, that Bachar al-Assad will be on its own and will be defeated by the Syrian rebellion, thus restoring democracy and freedom in Syria, and that we will ensure return of justice, democracy and peace in Russia.

And by expanding coalitions and alliances on the Pacific, reinforcing our military presence there and establishing a anti-missile shield, Marco Rubio will stop China from aggressing its neighbors for territorial and economic purposes, stop North Korea from triggering a nuclear war and stop any arms race from triggering.

Marco Rubio is the candidate with the best foreign policy experience and judgment to lead this country and keep it safe. He knows that American leadership is required to keep America safe. And a New American Leadership is exactly his foreign policy agenda and that's why our country will be safe in the hands of Marco Rubio. That way, terrorism will be extinct, many innocent lives will be saved all around the world and freedom, justice and democracy will be preserved for the sake of a free and peaceful world. That's why we need to elect Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy for a more prosperous, safer and freer America.

Thank you. God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #946 on: July 29, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2017, 09:27:30 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 10

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-Pat Roberts, Kansas Senator
-Dan Sullivan, Montana Senator
-Todd Young, Indiana congressman and Republican nominee for Indiana Senator
-Dennis Cook, Chairman of the Young Republicans

Thank you my fellow Republicans and fellow Americans!

As the Chairman of Young Republicans, I'm here to tell you this : this election is about Ameria's future and about kind of America our generation, our childrens' as well as their children will inherit.

And Marco Rubio understands it as a father of four children and as the youngest presidential candidate in this race.

We are living in a time of uncertainty in a time we are witnessing the slowest economic growth ever in American history. And Millennials and younger generations are among the main victims of this economic sluggish. In 2015, Millennials in New York City were reported as earning 20% less than the generation before them, as a result of entering the workforce during the Great Recession. Despite higher college attendance rates than Generation X, many were stuck in low-paid jobs, with the percentage of degree-educated young adults working in low-wage industries rising from 23% to 33% between 2000 and 2014. Millennials have benefited the least from the economic recovery following the Great Recession as average incomes for this generation have fallen at twice the general adult population's total drop and are likely to be on a path toward lower incomes for at least another decade. Three and a half years after the worst recession since the Great Depression, the earnings and employment gap between those in the under-35 population and their parents and grandparents threatens to unravel the American dream of each generation doing better than the last. The nation's younger workers have benefited least from an economic recovery that has been the most uneven in recent history. With a Warren administration, young people will keep getting crushed by these big government policies imposed by the Obama administration.

That's why we need to reduce taxes for all the American people, including for young generations, to reform our education system through school choice, to cut taxes and regulations on businesses and to reduce the cost of doing business in America, which will give Millennials a fair chance to find good-paying jobs, to prosper, to raise a family and to live the American Dream. That will happen under Marco Rubio's presidential leadership in order to make sure that young people will not inherit a lifetime of debt.

As Senator Rubio said, the story of the American Dream is not his story alone. It is our story. We are all but a generation or two removed who made our futures the purpose of their lives. Whether we remain a special country will depend on whether that journey is still possible for those trying to make it now. That is why this election is not just about what laws we will pass. It is a generational choice about what kind of country we will be. It is a choice Americans before us were also called to make. At the turn of the 19th century, industrialization was transforming the world, but that generation of Americans left yesterday behind, harnessed the power of the industrial age, and the 20th century became the American Century.

At midpoint of the 20th century, Americans feared they were falling behind the Soviet Union in space and on the global stage, but that generation turned the page on the past and pursued a New Frontier.

This election is a generational choice because right now our own generation as well as Millennials must choose what kind of country we want to be in this new century. Globalization and massive technological change present us with both great challenges and great opportunities. Like those before us, we must either embrace the future or be left behind by it. Our children will be either the first generation of Americans to inherit a diminished country or they will be the freest and most prosperous generation ever.

Americans not yet born will write the final verdict on our generation. Let them record that we made the right choice. Let them record that in the early years of this century, faced with a rapidly changing and uncertain world, our generation rose to face the great challenges of our time.

That's why Marco Rubio asking for your vote because if you do, we will make history. We will lead America to one of the brightest futures we've ever known and this future will be a New American Century for all Americans.

Thank you. God bless you all and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #947 on: July 29, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2018, 07:52:29 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 11

Wednesday, July 21

Speakers :

-Thim Tillis, North Carolina Senator
-Pete Rickets, Nebraska Governor
-Dan Sullivan, Alaska Senator
-Bob Dole, former Kansas Senator, former Senate Majority Leader, former 1976 Republican vice-presidential nominee and 1996 Republican presidential nominee
-Matt Bevin, Governor of Kentucky
-Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia Senator
-John Thune, South Dakota Senator (introducing Marco Rubio)

Thank you.

Before I introduce Marco Rubio, I want to remind you that I contributed to the reinforcement of the Republican majority in the Senate by running against former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle in 2004 and defeated him.

Then, in the following ten years, we made strong progress and we are now controlling both houses of the Congress, which allowed us to pursue America's quest for prosperity through energy independence, free trade, fiscal responsibility and abolition of taxes and regulations on business and our fellow citizens as well as America's quest for security through stronger military alliances and stronger American military action to defeat terrorism.

Like we all know, which Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren are denying, America is living difficult times. In my state of South Dakota, I met farmers who are struggling to manage their agricultural activities, which complicates their lives. But Marco Rubio has proposed solutions that will get farmers all across this country to improve their living conditions : tax cuts and tax credits for agricultural, tractor and seed companies to make them able to manufacture more tractors and seeds, thus helping farmers to accomplish their agricultural activities more effectively, to create jobs and to produce more agricultural products, which will ensure our people's subsistence, reducing food prices and inflation and reducing our people's dependence on food stamps.

In my state, I met people worried about their manufacturing jobs. But Marco Rubio brought up real solutions that will help us promoting free trade while making sure that we'll keep manufacturing jobs here and that we'll create more manufacturing jobs in America : tax cuts for manufacturing companies that will make them competitive and more able to produce and hire just like we must do for all kind of companies in order to ensure massive job creation.

And President Rubio will get us to energy independence to make sure that we'll take advantage of all of our sources of energy, promote free trade to make sure that America will be much more competitive in the world economy and keep its status as the world's strongest trade power, reform our education system and our immigration system, balance the budget and ensure America's economic dynamism through investing into the development of new infrastructures, thus making America the best place in the world to start a business. That's how Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will restore the American Dream.

The American Dream needs not only to be restored but also to be defended. The American Dream is threatened by terrorists who are targeting freedom, democracy, integrity and justice. That's why we need to pursue our fight against terrorism and we have to win this fight. Marco Rubio is the most determined presidential candidate in this race to do everything it takes to make sure that we and our allies will win this war against terrorism and defeat international terrorism, which requires a stronger US military, stronger alliances, stronger diplomacy and stronger deployment of American arsenal, thus helping us to defeat ISIS on its turf, to capture or kill Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, to stop Iran from becoming a nuclear power and to bring democracy and freedom back to Syria.

And once the evil represented by terrorism is defeated, many innocent lives will be saved around the world, including here in the United States of America, which will allow peace and prosperity to remain permanent and allow every of our citizens as well as the immigrants coming here in America to live the American Dream and to pursue the quest of happiness. And peace, security, prosperity and opportunity are all elements of a New American Century, which is Marco Rubio's main goal for the sake of a brighter future for America and a better America for all Americans of all origins and ideologies : white, Hispanic, black, Asian, men, women, conservatives, liberals and independents. All Americans.

-Broadcasting of the RNC introduction video to Marco Rubio's speech
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #948 on: July 29, 2017, 09:28:28 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2018, 10:37:44 AM by UWS »

RNC Video Bio Introduction on Marco Rubio's life and political career and accomplishments
Part 1

Narrator : Here is a man who devoted all his life in defending the American Dream as a son of immigrants, a husband, a father, a state representative, a Senator. For all his life and career, Marco Rubio fought to restore America's status as the land of opportunity and defended the values that made America great.

Jeanette Rubio (Marco Rubio's wife) : Marco is a convinced patriot who collaborated on every issue to make sure that America overcomes its challenges. As husband and a loving and kind father, he understands the struggles that our generation and younger generations are facing today in our society.

Orson Swindle (POW and Vietnam War veteran) : He is a man of great gratitude for our veterans. After their service for their country, a service that sometime included wounds and sacrifices, Marco Rubio made sure that veterans' post-military service remains bright and fair for them by fighting for the veterans' cause against corrupted bureaucrats.

Jeb Bush (former Florida Governor) : He is a living proof that hard-working is one of the main tools required for America's prosperity and fairness.

Narrator : Marco Antonio Rubio was born in Miami on May 28 1971.

Narrator : His father Mario was a bartender and her mother Oriales a housekeeper. They both immigrated here from Cuba in 1956 in search of better economic opportunities, but could never have come back to Cuba due to Fidel Castro's rise in 1959. They struggled to integrate their new society, but they overcame to adapt.

Marco Rubio : They did not speak a single word of English, they were living paycheck to paycheck and they were not yet naturalized. But thanks to their hard-working, they were successful, made their children's lives better than theirs. And they were finally naturalized as U.S. citizens when I was four.

Narrator : Marco studied political science at the University of Florida and law at the University of Miami. That's where he met the love of his life : Jeanette Dousdebes, a former bank teller and Miami Dolphins cheerleader.

Marco Rubio : Jeanette is such a talented and lovely woman. We started knowing each other, chatting each other and enjoying each other. We were only slightly acquainted in high school, met again and began to date.

Jeanette Rubio : Marco is the greatest example of what holds the country together : friendliness, love, responsibility, compassion, hardworking and determination. That's what I love about my husband Marco Rubio.

Narrator : Then, Marco and Jeanette married in 1998 and together gave birth to 4 children and raised them wholeheartedly.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #949 on: July 29, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »

RNC Video Bio Introduction on Marco Rubio's life and political career and accomplishments
Part 2

Narrator : Marco Rubio's political rise started in 2000 when he successfully ran for the 111th House District in the Florida House of Representatives, representing Miami. In 2005, while Speaker-Designate, he published, with the help of his colleagues in the House, a book titled 100 Innovative Ideas for Florida's Future. And 24 of these ideas became law and another 10 were partially enacted. Among the items from his 2006 book that became law were multiple-year car registrations, a requirement that high schools provide more vocational courses, and an expanded voucher-like school-choice program.

Carlos Lopez-Cantera (Lieutanant Governor of Florida and Marco Rubio's longtime friend) : Marco Rubio has proved to be a strong and effective legislator and innovator. He knows that innovation is a basic element of the preservation of the American Dream and America's social and economic progress and prosperity.

Narrator : Then Representative Rubio became Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives in 2006. During his tenure, he supported the state legislature's Black Caucus' request that the legislature apologize for slavery.

Marco Rubio : I supported this measure because such apologies can be important albeit symbolic. And even today many young African-Americans believe that the American dream is not available to them.

Narrator : During his speakership, Marco Rubio stood against big government policies, including those put in place by then Florida Governor Charlie Crist, claiming a better solution for the protection of the environment while ensuring economic growth such as the promotion of biofuel, solar panels and energy efficiency.

Narrator : Three years later, Marco Rubio ran for the Senate and one of his main opponents for the Republican nomination was none other than Charlie Crist. Once considered as an underdog in the Senate race, Marco Rubio managed to outpace Crist by seducing an important part of the conservative base who were unsatisfied of Crist's centrist and big government policies. Then he easily wins the nomination after Crist announced that he would run as an Independent. But Marco Rubio defeated Crist in a landslide and is elected as the new Florida Senator.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies