Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:57:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 123733 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2017, 07:06:08 AM »

I'm ok with what NHI said, but what about the debate?

Yes. We'll do the debate as well.

Including the first Republican presidential primary debate that was held in Cleveland, Ohio?

Yes.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2017, 07:09:33 AM »

Including the first Republican presidential primary debate that was held in Cleveland, Ohio?

Yes.

So I guess we have to PM you our debate answers. That way you can put them at the topic of the beginning of the next round.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2017, 07:11:54 AM »

Yes.

So I guess we have to PM you our debate answers. That way you can put them at the topic of the beginning of the next round.

OK. sounds good.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2017, 07:49:47 AM »

As soon as I have everyone's debate answers and endorsement requests I'll start the next round.

- NHI
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »

As soon as I have everyone's debate answers and endorsement requests I'll start the next round.

- NHI

You can send me them.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2017, 05:01:16 PM »

- NHI

You can send me them.

I already sent him over everything.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2017, 05:29:04 PM »

- NHI

You can send me them.

Yay you are back!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2017, 06:14:25 PM »

- NHI

You can send me them.

I sent him an updated list of endorsements actually... not much difference, added a new one, and asked for two new polls.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2017, 08:29:12 PM by NHI »

TURN 6
Update 1: Republican Presidential Debate

Pearcy:

1. As you know, President Obama has made a new deal with Iran with regards to its nuclear policy. What would you do about this deal?

Well I feel like it is a step in the right direction towards peace with Iran but it's not what I wanted. We are not quite their yet.

2. Mr. Pearcy, you are the only candidate in the race not to have held public office. Do you feel that this would impede you if you were to win the election?

Well I think it would start a revolution of these celebrities who I may like thinking about running for office of their choice. I believe that we need these to drain out career politicians in DC.

3. Make a closing statement.

I may not be perfect and I made have a iffy history but I have changed and I just want to let the people know that if you vote for me we will not have a corrupt government or pointless wars or numbers in debt.  I want to make take Amercia back!  I want to bring back free market values and defeat the Washington establishment. What is so wrong with that?

---

Paul:

1. As you know, President Obama has made a new deal with Iran with regards to its nuclear policy. What would you do about this deal?

The Iranian deal made by this administration just shown us how weak is the Obama administration when talking about foreign policy, they ceded basically everything to the country that shouts "Death to America and it's people" and "Death to the Jews and Israel", the deal tells us to lift the sanctions in this country, and sincerely this is crazy, how can we expect a country that want we dead and say it to everyone to follow the deal, I'm not opposed to negotiations but this type of negotiation, with this type of country is not viable. As president, I will fight to rip up this deal, to reinstate the sanctions in Iran, I will recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, to show Iran that America is back in the game, to grant safety for it's citizens!

2. Senator Paul, you recently filibustered the USA PATRIOT Act for 10 and a half hours. This is a divisive issue both within your party and the American population as a whole. What security measures do you believe should be taken in place of the USA PATRIOT Act?

Well, the USA PATRIOT Act is a form of more government control over citizens, there are many bad things in the PATRIOT Act, specially the fact that it gives many powers to the government to spy it's citizens, for example seeing in phone who you called, when you called, the duration of the call and other information, with the information the government collects, it can know you age, sex, religion, political engagement, and other things. My answer to this question is pretty simple, first we need to end the terrorism here, how do I plan to do this? First we need to change our policy of taking refugees, I will make very clear, you will only enter this country if you have a reason, if we know who you are if you are ok, because there are many people that take advantage of this crisis to enter the country and this people turn out to be radicals and to do attacks, the second thing is to be very clear to every American citizen, if you are joining ISIS and fighting with them, you are no longer a american, you just shown that in fact, you don't like your country and that you don't deserve to have the right to simply come here, because if you are with them, you are obviously not planning on help us. Now let's say the government thinks some person is a terrorist, in this case, it should go to a judge and obtain a warrant as required by the fourth amendment.

Our country today, borrows one million dollars a minute, our companies are leaving, is harder to open a business each time the taxes get higher and each day people fell less safe. Our country really needs change, and during my time in Senate I defended many solutions to these problems, but after begging my presidential campaign I saw many things, new things, I meet with many voters and I saw what they wanted, and one thing I felt, is that we need to bring back their liberty and freedom, I might be the only one in the stage to defend some thing here or something there, but I hope I'm not the only one in this stage that is willing to pick up the torch of freedom and liberty and fight for the American values.

Rubio:

Well, let me first describe Iran because they're not just a normal nation state. And we have no quarrel with the Iranian people. But the Iranian leader, their supreme leader is a radical Shia cleric who has an apocalyptic vision of the future and even shouted “ Death to America ”.

He views himself not simply as the leader of Iran, but as the leader of all all Shia Muslims on the planet. And they have a desire not simply to conquer the Middle East and to become the dominant power in that region, but ultimately to be able to hold America hostage.

That is why they are, right now, developping long- range missiles capable of reaching the United States, and that is why they're going to use those $100 billion to expand their conventional capabilities and to one day buy or build a nuclear weapon. And this money will also be used by Iran to support international terrorism through providing weapons to terrorist groups.

When I'm President of the United States, on my first day in office, we are canceling the deal with Iran, and nations will have to choose between doing business with either Iran or America and I am very confident they're going to choose America before they choose the Iranian economy.

And when we'll repeal the Iran nuclear deal under my leadership, sanctions will make sure that Iran will never have the necessary money to develop nuclear weapons and I seek to reinforce our defense ties with our allies in the Middle East and in the Indian Subcontinent (especially Turkey, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India) not only to fight terrorism in the Middle East but also to increase pression on Iran to make certain that Tehran will never ever get nuclear weapons. We have to make sure that Iran will use its nuclear energy not for military purposes but for economic purposes. Nuclear energy should be used for Iran's economic growth. The military option should not be taken off the table, but as long as Iran will act the way I just described, there will be no need to intervene militarily against Iran, which will reinforce international security and peace.

2. Senator Rubio, you were part of the Gang of Eight who wrote the 2013 immigration reform bill. How do you feel about this issue, and what would you do about border security?

Well, I believe America is the land of opportunity where everything is posible. Legal immigrants have been waiting in line for 15 years. We are an open nation and diversity is one of our nation's strengths. That is why our nation is called the United States of America.

I want our immigration system to be resolved, but there are still steps to accomplish before getting there due to a decreased national security here and abroad and we saw it through these recent terrorist attacks over the last few months.

We will not tollerate amnesty, which requires for immigrants to pay fines, to learn English and get back of line.

The American people have been told for 30 years they're going to enforce the border and nothing ever happened. And, I'm going to tell you exactly how we're going to deal with it when I am President.

Number one, we're going to keep ISIS out of America. If we don't know who you are, or why you're coming, you will not get into the United States.

Number two, we're going to enforce our immigration laws. I am the son and grandson of immigrants. And I know that securing our borders is not anti-immigrant and we will do it.

We'll hire 20,000 new border agents instead of 20,000 new IRS agents. We will finish the 700 miles of fencing and walls our nation needs. We'll have mandatory E-verify, a mandatory entry/exit tracking system and until all of that is in place and all of that is working and we can prove to the people of this country that illegal immigration is under control, nothing else is going to happen.

We are not going to round up and deport 12 million people, but we're not going to hand out citizenship cards, either. There will be a process. We will see what the American people are willing to support. But it will not be unconstitutional executive orders like the ones Barack Obama has forced on us.

We won’t be able to take more refugees. It’s not that we don’t want to, it's that we can't. We could be potentially open to the relocation of some of these individuals at some point in time to the United States. But we will always be concerned that someone with a terrorist background could also sneak in among the refugees.

That's why we have to reinforce our borders in order to make sure that no terrorist crosses our borders. That's why we have to destroy ISIS and make sure that Syria, Iraq and all the Middle East will never become a terrorist heaven.

Thank you. You know, both of my parents were born into poor families on the island of Cuba. They came to America because it was the only place where people like them could have a chance. Here in this country, they never made it big, but the very purpose of their life was to give us the chance to do all the things they never could.

My father was a bartender. And the journey from the back of that bar to this stage tonight, to me, that is the essence of the American dream. It is what makes our nation different. And I'm running for president because I want that to still be possible for the people trying to do that now. I run for president because I believe that we can't just save the American dream; we can expand it to reach more people and change more lives than ever before. And that's why I'm asking for your vote. So we can make America greater than it has ever been. And make of this century a new American century.

Thank you.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »

Moran:

As I said on Fox News several days ago, I am opposed to the deal. I would not sign this bill as president. We can definitely get a better deal than the one negotiated.

2. Senator Moran, earlier this year you voted against a Senate amendment claiming that human activity leads to climate change. Can you further explain your position on the issue?

That amendment was worded that human activity "significantly contributes" to climate change, a position I disagree with. Sure there may be some contribution from humans but not most of it.

In these past two hours of debate, five people have died from drugs, $100 million has been added to our debt, 200 babies have been killed from abortion and 2 veterans have committed suicide. This is something we not only can change, but must. Not the Democrats or the Republicans, but the American people. I thank God that I live here in this country where we truly have something special about our people and that is something we must embrace and never throw away.

INSTANT REACTION: POST DEBATE

VOTERS REACTION: MARCO RUBIO WINS DEBATE

Marco Rubio: 35%
Rand Paul: 25%
Stephen Pearcy: 19%
Jerry Moran: 11%
Unsure: 10%

Baier: We're now here with reaction with our panel. Beginning first with legendary columnist Charles Krauthammer.

Krauthammer: I thought Senator Rubio was the strongest of the candidates. Rand Paul made some good points, but it was Rubio who was presidential and solid in his reasoning. Another person who I don't think is getting enough attention is Jerry Moran. He's running as a social conservative, but he's principled and make his case without being offensive

Baier: Karl, your thoughts?

Rove: I agree with Charles. Rubio dominated the debate, but I wouldn't count out Rand Paul who has a strong connection with the GOP base. Rubio certainly is emerging as the establishment favorite and I could see this emerging as a race between the two.

Headlines:
NYT: Republicans Spar in First Debate

WSJ: Rubio, Paul Emerge as Favorites in GOP Debate

USA TODAY: Republicans Rumble in Ohio

Gallup Polling:
Marco Rubio: 32%
Rand Paul: 24%
Jerry Moran: 14%
Stephen Pearcy: 10%
Other/Undecided: 20%

New Endorsements:

Rubio: John Kasich, Mike Huckabee, Brian Sandoval, Tom Cotton & Americans for Tax Reform

Paul: Thomas Massie, Dana Rohrabacher & Clint Eastwood
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »

Stephen Percy on social media

Courpt Establishment media doesn't mention my name!

Sad!

But then again a revolution is coming!

(Sorry I just had to make a Trump like tweet)

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »

Turn 6
Democratic Update:

In the race to succeed Barack Obama, the Democratic candidates crisscrossing the country visiting the important primary and caucus states of New Hampshire and Iowa, doing their utmost to earn support. Vice President Joe Biden, remains the Democratic favorite, but faces increasingly stiff competition from Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.

Nationally Joe Biden still leads, but his polling is soft in the early primary states, especially in Iowa and New Hampshire where both Sanders and Warren are polling strong.

Both Warren and Sanders are vying to be the liberal alternative to the Vice President. Both have scored some major endorsements.

Sanders receives the backing of Washington Governor Jay Inslee. A major boost for the Vermont as he has struggled to maintain credibility. Inslee, who is one of the most progressive governors in the country is planning to stump for Sanders in Iowa.

Sanders also received the backing of Former Senator Russ , due to beliefs on climate change, healthcare and campaign  finance. Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich, the most liberal member of the Clinton administration and supportive of Sanders' economic agenda, calling "the only candidate of change!"

Lastly, the National Nurses United is backing Sanders, due to his support of single-payer healthcare

Vice President Biden's Recent Endorsers Include:

Sen Sherrod Brown of OH: "During my time in the Senate, I've seen how Biden has been a workhorse for the issues that really matter to the common man. If he keeps this up as President, then he'll be a great one."

Fmr. Sen. Sam Nunn of GA: "I know quite a lot about foreign policy, and I want a strong commander in chief. Thus, I can tell that when it comes to foreign policy, Biden is the strongest candidate no questions asked. He's been involved with it for 40+ years!"

Fmr. NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg: "I always said that productivity beat ideology. It's clear in this race that the VP is the most results-oriented candidate out there. Because of that, he'd serve as the best President for all Americans."

Labor activist Dolores Huerta: "Never have I seen a candidate more kind to, and understanding of immigrants and laborers and their struggles. I endorse Joe Biden knowing he will protect immigrant and protect unions!"

Not to be outdone, Elizabeth Warren unveiled a new roaster of supporters:
Senators: Barbara Boxer, Debbie Stabenow, Jim McGovern, Amy Klobuchar,
Congressmen: Stephen Lynch and John Lewis.
Governor: Deval Patrick.

Congressman John Lewis called Elizabeth Warren, 'a progressive with backbone and the fight to go all the way'. Lewis, also called Warren the most progressive minded Democrat since Lyndon Johnson.

Gallup Poll: Democratic Primary
Joe Biden: 35%
Elizabeth Warren: 24%
Bernie Sanders: 19%
Undecided: 22%

Iowa Caucus Poll:
Joe Biden: 29%
Elizabeth Warren: 26%
Bernie Sanders: 23%

New Hampshire Primary Poll:
Elizabeth Warren: 32%
Bernie Sanders: 32%
Joe Biden: 24%

Nevada Caucus Poll:
Elizabeth Warren: 33%
Joe Biden: 29%
Bernie Sanders: 20%

South Carolina Primary Poll:
Joe Biden: 33%
Elizabeth Warren: 24%
Bernie Sanders: 16%

Texas Primary Poll:
Joe Biden: 39%
Elizabeth Warren: 27%
Bernie Sanders: 19%

Minnesota Caucus Poll:
Bernie Sanders; 29%
Elizabeth Warren: 27%
Joe Biden: 24%

Head-to-Head Polling; Gallup

Biden:
Joe Biden: 43%
Marco Rubio: 46%

Joe Biden: 46%
Rand Paul: 40%

Joe Biden: 53%
Stephen Pearcy: 33%

Joe Biden: 50%
Jerry Moran: 38%

Warren:
Marco Rubio: 46%
Elizabeth Warren: 40%

Rand Paul: 45%
Elizabeth Warren: 41%

Elizabeth Warren: 45%
Stephen Pearcy: 34%

Elizabeth Warren: 44%
Jerry Moran: 34%

Sanders:

Marco Rubio: 44%
Bernie Sanders: 35%

Rand Paul: 45%
Bernie Sanders; 38%

Bernie Sanders: 42%
Stephen Pearcy: 34%

Bernie Sanders: 39%
Jerry Moran: 35%
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 08:03:58 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule August 3-August 16 2015, Part 1

August 3
-Fundraising breakfast at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cleveland, Ohio
-Bus trip to Columbus, Ohio
-Agricultural speech at Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Columbus, Ohio
-Meet with college voters at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
-Fundraising event at Southern Theatre in Columbus, Ohio
-Rally with voters at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio, alongside Ohio Governor John Kasich who announces his endorsement to Senator Rubio :

You know, since 1964, the great state of Ohio has determined the winner of every presidential election. I decided to endorse Senator Marco Rubio because he has the best economic knowledge to grow the economy due to his membership in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and in the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation and he has the best foreign policy knowledge and judgement to keep us safe reverse Barack Obama's terrible foreign policy record that brought ISIS, Russian dominance in Eastern Europe, a quasi-nuclear Iran and a stronger likeliness of an arms race on the Pacific. This is a record that Joe Biden is promoting as he runs for Obama's third term.

And I endorse Senator Rubio because he is the only Republican candidate in this race who can defeat the Democratic presidential nominee and win on November 2016. He has demonstrated his ability to attract ethnic minority voters, especially Hispanics, as well as young voters, and he will do it again as the nominee of our party. These are both groups we need in order to win the White House. By proposing tax cuts and regulation cuts for our manufacturing industry in order to keep manufacturing jobs in America and create further manufacturing jobs here while promoting free trade to ensure America's competitiveness in the world economy, Marco Rubio will help us to connect with working-class voters, including white working-class voters, thus helping our party to win Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota, all states we did not win in the last 30 or 40 years.

[Applause]

Senator Rubio will be the most conservative Republican presidential nominee since Ronald Reagan : he is 100 % pro-life, he is a great defender of the right to own a gun and to ensure self-defense, he is a great champion of freedom of religion, he will promote school-choice to ensure education success for all of our kids, he will cut taxes for all the American people, from the bottom to the top, to give them a stronger purchasing power, he will get America to energy independence by increasing oil drilling and production and diversifying our economy, like I did here as Governor of Ohio, by using a part of revenues from oil to develop renewable energies and it will not be done with borrowed money but with earned money. Senator Rubio will promote free trade in order to get us new consumers around the world and to reduce tariffs, which will make trade easier and help us creating many good-paying jobs here in America, and he will champion businesses of all sizes by abolishing regulations and cutting taxes for business owners, which will prevent them from offshoring overseas and help them to grow, to expand, to innovate, to produce and to hire. Our national debt is now standing at almost 20 trillion dollars. Marco Rubio will balance the budget and reduce our national debt by cutting government spending as well as taxes and also through job creation because the more jobs we create, the more wages will increase and the more it will be easy to balance the budget and reduce the debt.

So with such a conservative Republican presidential nominee like Marco Rubio, all of our party supporters will go to the polls instead of staying home like some of them did in the previous two Election Days which, I think, partially hurt our previous two nominees. That's how we're going to win this election and finally get America back on track for a New American Century.

[Applause]

In addition, we almost never won the presidency without Florida, an important state that almost made Al Gore President in 2000 and is represented in the U.S. Senate by Marco Rubio.

Believe me, Marco Rubio is the one candidate that Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren don't want to face in the general election.

As Governor of the great state of Ohio, the bellwether of every presidential election, I will, during the primaries and in the general election, help Marco Rubio to win Ohio, the state that will make him the next President of the United States of America. He will defend our values, ensure America's permanent economic prosperity through free market solutions, he will keep us safe through a stronger military, stronger diplomacy and stronger alliances and he will keep our country together. All of these are elements of a New American Century.

Thank you, God bless Ohio and God bless the United States of America.

[Applause]

-Flight to Concord, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech at the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce in Concord, New Hampshire
-Supper with the voters at Five Guys in Concord, New Hampshire
-Manufacturing policy speech at AutoZone headquarters in Concord, New Hampshire
-Bus trip to Bow, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Bow, New Hampshire
-Energy policy speech at the Merrimack Station in Bow, New Hampshire

August 4
-Meet with voters in Suncook, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Allenstown, New Hampshire
-Town hall in Allenstown, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Pembroke, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Epsom, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Chichester, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Loudon, New Hampshire with John H. Sununu
-Rally with voters at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire with John H. Sununu
-Meet with voters in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium in Manchester, New Hampshire, during which, due to the rise of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren in the Democratic primary polls (especially here in New Hampshire), Senator Rubio is asked by a young college student what would be his plan to beat Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren if one of them were to win the Democratic nomination :

Well, first of all, I have respect for Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, but they are adopting European ideas, Swedish ideas that give the government the chance to grab even more of our people's liberty and destroy our hard-earned livelihood that came from hard work of the American people. I know what hard work means because I lived it as well as the American Dream and I was raised paycheck to paycheck.

But in the Democratic primaries, we've got two candidates who say that we should be more like Sweden. We don't want to be Sweden. We want to be the United States of America.

[Applause from the audience]

I've got nothing against Sweden, but I believe in the values that make America an exceptional nation : capitalism, free market and opportunity for all. By withdrawing from trade deals, like Sanders and Warren are suggesting, our competitiveness in the international market will be weaken. There is a way to promote it while keeping manufacturing jobs here in the United States : cutting taxes and regulations for manufacturing businesses in order to make sure that manufacturing workers will decide that America is the best place in the world to work, to open a manufacturing business and to create manufacturing jobs. That's my agenda. Energy independence will come through increased oil drilling that will not only ensure massive job creation but also give us the necessary revenues to develop renewable energies.

And unlike Joe Biden and myself, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren seem to be struggling among ethnic minority voters.

And when it comes to Bernie Sanders, he is running as a Democrat and yet he is opposing gun control while most of the Democratic base is supporting gun control and a violation of the Second Amendment. But I am proud of Bernie Sanders' support to the Second Amendment and the right for self defense.

[Laughs and applause from the audience]

So if Senator Sanders is my opponent in the general election, I think that many traditional supporters of gun control will either stay home instead of going to the polls on Election Day or change allegiance, which, I think, is another factor that will help me to beat Bernie Sanders in the general election.

[Applause from the audience]

August 5
-Meet with voters in Gilmanton, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Bridgewater, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Dorchester, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in New London, New Hampshire with Chris Sununu
-Meet with voters in Wilmot, New Hampshire with Chris Sununu
-Meet with voters in Mason, New Hampshire
-Meet with the voters in Milford, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Size of government policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire :

New Hampshire's local communities have the highest property taxes in America, which is making New Hampshire residents struggling to find a home here and to earn a fair chance like any other American. So we have to reduce the size of government and cut taxes, including property taxes, to allow our people, including the people of New Hampshire to find a home, to earn property, to earn a fair chance to prosper and to live the American Dream.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2017, 09:17:34 PM »

Stephen Percy speaks in New York in Trump towers

I have respect Senator Sanders in all but my problem is with him and Senator Warren is there socialism ideas which is not a good idea.

Hitler was a socalist, Stalin was a socalist and Fidel Castro were socialists and look how they turned out

Now I am not comparing Bernie Sanders to Hitler I don't think he is that that evil and don't think he has any racist ideas  What I want to say is Captialism is the way to go and when I am President I will be the one to defend and bring back Free Market values to Amercia

*Crowd cheers and claps*

Free Market Values is what our country was founded on but it seems like we have stop doing that and start promoting  corporateism aka crony Captialism.

And for a homage to Adam Smith  let the  invisible hand do its magic.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2017, 10:40:04 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 08:05:59 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule August 3-August 16 2015, Part 2

August 6
-Flight to Ames, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Ames, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech at the National Farmers Organization headquarters in Ames, Iowa
-Rally with voters at the Jack Trice Stadium in Ames, Iowa, where Mike Huckabee is announcing his endorsement to Senator Rubio :

I've known Marco Rubio for many years. Even though I was Governor of Arkansas, I have a residence in his home state of Florida. When I ran for President in 2008, Marco Rubio, who was at that time Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, endorsed my campaign and actively campaigned for me. Now I'm returning the favor by announcing that I endorse Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States.

He is a constitutional conservative who will protect the Constitution of the United States as well as our values. He will defend the Second Amendment and the right to own a gun to ensure self-defense and fight abortion by defunding Planned Parenthood, thus balancing the budget and making sure that every unborn child will earn the right and the chance to live. Marco Rubio will repeal Obamacare and replace it by a free market version that will lower the size of government, reduce regulations and reduce the cost of health services, which will make healthcare more available for all Americans.

As President, he will protect the First Amendment that is promoting the right to peaceably assemble, the right to petition, freedom of speech, freedom of press and freedom of religion. These are all rights that are threatened by terrorists in the Middle East who are committing genocides against local Christian populations, the Kurdish people, etc. And now the Obama administration reached an agreement that lifted sanctions against Iran, which will allow Tehran to get the revenues from the lifting of these sanctions to support international terrorism and to develop nuclear weapons that will destroy Israel and all its enemies. This will be a genocide against the Jewish people. We can't tolerate this. That's why we need Marco Rubio to be elected as the 45th President of the United States. He will restore economic and diplomatic sanctions against Iran to stop deprive Tehran of the revenues needed to build nuclear weapons and to sponsor terrorism. He will reinforce our alliances and our military to make us able to defeat ISIS and international terrorism. It will not only keep us safe but also defend democracy, justice and freedom of religion.

Thank you. God bless America.

-Meet with voters in Frederika, Iowa with Joni Ernst and Mike Huckabee
-Meet with voters in Readlyn, Iowa with Joni Ernst and Mike Huckabee
-Meet with voters in Janesville, Iowa with Joni Ernst and Mike Huckabee
-Fundraising event at the Janesville Public Library in Janesville, Iowa
-Health care policy speech in Janesville, Iowa, where Senator Rubio unveils his healthcare plan :

To help more of our people achieve the American Dream, we need to make affordable, quality healthcare accessible in the 21st century. Unfortunately, President Barack Obama’s one-size-fits-all, big government approach has failed to achieve this goal. Since ObamaCare’s passage, many Americans have seen the law transition from a political mess to a personal disaster. Some have lost access to their doctors or the insurance plans they were happy with. Many have been forced to pay higher premiums and higher deductibles. Others have lost their jobs or had their hours cut. And the American economy as a whole has labored under the negative effects of Obamacare’s $1.2 trillion tax hike.

A law that was sold on the claim that it would lower healthcare costs has instead caused them to dramatically increase for many American families. Now, a new IRS regulation could force small businesses to pay fines of over $36,000 per employee per year if they choose to make a financial contribution to their employees’ health coverage.

ObamaCare is fatally flawed not just because it is poorly constructed, but because it relies on the outdated philosophy that the federal government can solve our problems through more spending, more taxes, more regulations, and more bureaucrats. The American people have been forced to be the test subjects of President Obama’s one-size-fits-all, big-government experiment, and have paid dearly for it.

For all of these reasons and more, I have fought against ObamaCare since I got to the U.S. Senate. I led the charge to stop its taxpayer-funded bailouts of the insurance industry and, fortunately, was successful in blocking them from taking place this year. But more must be done, and when I am president, repealing and replacing ObamaCare will be an urgent priority of my administration. Instead of relying on an outdated, big-government approach, I will utilize modern, consumer-centered reforms that lower costs, embrace innovation in healthcare and actually increase choices and improve quality of care.

My health care reform plan includes three primary components :

First, I will work with Congress to create an advanceable, refundable tax credit that all Americans can use to purchase health insurance. The value of these credits should increase every year, and we should set the tax preference for employer-sponsored insurance on a glide path to ensure that it will equal the level of the credits within a decade. This will prevent large-scale disruptions and reform a provision in our tax code that has been driving up health costs, hurting those who are self-employed and preventing Americans from having truly portable health insurance plans that travel with them regardless of where they work.

Second, I will reform insurance regulations to lower costs, encourage innovation, and protect the vulnerable. Those with pre-existing conditions should have access to affordable care through mechanisms such as federally-supported, actuarially-sound and state-based high risk pools. Americans should be able to purchase coverage across state lines so they can seek out affordable coverage regardless of where they live. And consumer-centered products like Health Savings Accounts should be encouraged and expanded. Finally, under no circumstances should taxpayers be asked to bail out an insurance company that loses money, as is currently the case under ObamaCare.

Third, I will take up the difficult work of saving and strengthening Medicare and Medicaid by placing them on fiscally-sustainable paths. Without reforms, these programs will eventually run out of money. We must move Medicaid into a per-capita block grant system, preserving funding for its recipients while freeing states from Washington mandates. While current seniors on Medicare, like my mother, should see no changes to the program, future generations should be transitioned into a premium support system. A premium support model will empower seniors with choice and market competition just like Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D already do.

While other measures may be necessary to undo the damage done by ObamaCare, I believe these three concepts are the core of a plan to lower costs and put patients and families back in control of their healthcare decisions. Unlike ObamaCare, my reforms will not be forced through Congress in the dark of night without accountability. They will not stretch the Constitution to its breaking point or rely on questionable Supreme Court decisions to survive. And, perhaps most importantly, they will not raise taxes on the American people.

Obamacare’s failures should be all the proof Washington needs that the time has come for a new direction—one that empowers the American consumer, expands choices, and reduces the role of the federal government in healthcare. It’s time to set a new precedent in Washington by sending a new president to Washington. I believe I have the experience and vision necessary to improve our healthcare system and make this the next American century.

-Meet with voters in Cedar Falls, Iowa with Joni Ernst and Mike Huckabee
-Meet with college voters at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, Iowa
-Fundraising supper at the Black Hawk Hotel in Cedar Falls, Iowa

August 7
-Meet with voters in Waterloo, Iowa
-Foreign policy speech at the Sullivan Brothers Iowa Veterans Museum in Waterloo, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Waverly, Iowa
-Meet with college voters at Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa, in an effort to attract young evangelical voters
-Energy policy speech at Waverly Light & Power Company headquarters in Waverly, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Nora Springs, Iowa
-Rally with voters at Buffalo Days at Boulder Park in Nora Springs, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Clear Lake, Iowa
-Fundraising event at Clear Lake Fire Museum in Clear Lake, Iowa
-Speech at the Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church in Clear Lake, Iowa, in an effort to attract evangelical voters
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2017, 11:54:34 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2017, 12:07:02 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Elizabeth Warren Schedule

August 3, 2015

Meet Voters in Lakeside, Iowa (With Tom Harkin and Chet Culver)

Meet Voters in Marathon, Iowa (With Tom Harkin and Amy Kloubchar)

Meet Voters in Meriden, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

Meet Voters in Cleghorn, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

August 4, 2015

Meet Voters in Grafton, Iowa (With Tom Harkin and Amy Kloubchar)

Rally in Northwood, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

I endorsed Senator Warren because I believe she will the best President to tackle all the problems our country faces, from income inequality, to terror at home and abroad, to pervasive sexism and racism that we as a nation still face. She will lead our country well, and I hope you let her.

Meet Voters in Moultonborough, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan and Ann McLane Kuster)

Meet Voters in Ossipee, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan)

August 5, 2015

Speech at Plymouth State University Ice and Welcome Center, Plymouth, New Hampshire

Stephen Pearcy thinks he isn't comparing Bernie Sanders and myself to Hitler, Stalin and Castro, but we know better, than to believe that garbage right? Neither of us have ever advocated the mass discrimination of, or extermination of any one group, like Hitler has. Neither of us are advocates of mass purges and show trials like Stalin has. And neither of us, have, believe it or not advocated overthrow of the government, like Castro has. Pearcy's statements are grossly inaccurate at best, and abusive lies, and demand apologies to myself and Senator Sanders.

Meet Voters in Alexandria, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan)

Meet Voters in Bridgewater, Virginia

August 6, 2015

Meet Voters in Gaston, South Carolina

Rally at Emory University, Druid Hills, Georgia (With John Lewis)

I meant what I said about Senator Warren's progressive bona fides. She is a reliable progressive, with the courage to fight for what she believes in. We haven't seen such political courage in about fifty years-since Lyndon Johnson was in office, and pushing for civil rights legislation and the Great Society. There's no reason why we can't elect her, and with your help we will.

Meet Voters in Sunfish Lake, Minnesota (With Amy Klobuchar)

August 7, 2015

Senate Duties, Washington D.C

August 8, 2015

August 9, 2015

Meet Voters in St. Charles, Michigan

Meet Voters in Zilwaukee, Michigan

Meet Voters in Coleman, Michigan

August 10, 2015

Rally at Midland Civic Arena, Midland, Michigan

(Meet Voters in Ledyard, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

August 11, 2015

August 12, 2015

Meet Voters in Gilford, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan and Carol Shea-Porter)

Meet Voters in Barnstead, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan, Dick Swett, Paul Hodes and Deval Patrick)

Meet Voters in Grantham, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan and Ed Markey)

August 13, 2015

Iowa State Fair, Ames, Iowa

August 14, 2015

August 15, 2015

Meet Voters in Battle Mountain, Nevada (With Barbara Boxer and Catharine Cortez Masto)

August 16

Meet Voters in Yernington, Nevada (With Barbara Boxer and Catharine Cortez Masto)

Meet Voters in Epsom, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan)

Meet Voters in Chichester, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan)
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2017, 02:02:46 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2017, 03:00:31 AM by Jaguar4life »

Stephen Percy on Social Media

I think Senator Warren took my quotes out of context.  I did not mean to compare you and Senator Sanders to ruthless dictators what I was saying is that the idea of socialism lends itself to brutal dictators. And I apologize if I did but still I was just making a point.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2017, 03:23:26 AM »

Percy town hall in Cailfornia about the economy August 11th 2015

I see people who get confused about my views on trade saying that I don't want free trade and fully wants Tariffs. And I say to that they are completely wrong. 

I am all for free trade but what we have now TPP, NAFTA and WTO is only free trade in name.  They only help corporations at the top and working class factories get moved to Mexico or China.

As President I will strip back from these deals and find a way to find a way to make separate and individual trade deals with countries rather than just a group of them in a way where tariffs don't increase and that working class and small businesses get rewarded not top corporations.

*The crowd claps*
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2017, 04:41:58 AM »

Excuse me. How is this that Warren's schedule for this round goes to August 31 instead of August 16?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2017, 07:49:41 AM »

Excuse me. How is this that Warren's schedule for this round goes to August 31 instead of August 16?

I was under the impression we were doing all of August this turn... I'll fix it.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2017, 01:02:13 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 08:07:19 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule August 3-August 16 2015, Part 3

August 8
-Flight to Hampton, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Hampton, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Ridgeland, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Hardeeville, South Carolina
-Economic policy speech at the Hardeeville Industrial Park in Hardeeville, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Beaufort, South Carolina
-Meet with college voters at the University of South Carolina Beaufort in Beaufort, South Carolina
-Foreign policy speech at Marine Corps Air Station Beach in Beaufort, South Carolina, in reaction to the terrorist attack committed by ISIS in Suruç, Turkey :

Two weeks ago, ISIS attacked one of our most strategic allies in our fight against terrorism : Turkey. A suicide bombing attack committed by ISIS killed 34 people and injured 104 others in Suruç. Then, Turkey decided to take real action against ISIS by leading airstrikes against this terrorist group. They are not alone because we are fighting ISIS along with them. Despite differences between Turks, Kurds and Sunnis, I think the strategy has to involve more coordination with the Kurds and also with Sunnis, because you're not going to defeat ISIS, a radical Sunni movement, without a robust anti-ISIS Sunni coalition. That's why we need to arm pro-American Kurd and Sunni fighters in order to help them fighting radical Islamic terrorists more effectively. So, I do think it's important tactical step forward. It needs to be backed up with increased airstrikes and so forth.

It's through stronger American leadership, stronger American military and stronger alliances that we will defeat ISIS and other radical Islamic terrorist groups. Radical terrorist groups are not just in Syria and in Iraq, ISIS is now in Libya. They have a significant presence in Libya, Afghanistan, and a growing presence in Pakistan. Soon they will be in Turkey. They will try Jordan. They will try Saudi Arabia. They are coming to us. They don't hate us simply because we support Israel. They hate us because of our values. They hate us because our girls go to school. They hate us because women drive in the United States. They hate us because we support freedom of religion and freedom of speech. So we don't have a choice. Either they win or we win.

Thank you. God bless America.

-Meet with voters in Bluffton, South Carolina with Tim Scott and Trey Gowdy
-Meet with voters in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina with Tim Scott and Trey Gowdy
-Economic policy speech at the Sea Pines Resort in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina with Tim Scott and Trey Gowdy
-Speech given by Trey Gowdy in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina :

I am proud to be chairing at the House Benghazi Committee, thus making a contribution to integrity, justice and security.

I am so glad that Hillary Clinton didn't run because she was already disqualified to be President. But even then, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have failed to restore freedom and security in Libya after Qaddafi's fall. Libya is in chaos. Hillary Clinton is accountable for this and much more. Her dereliction of duty and failure to keep her people safe played a major role in the horrific Islamic terrorist murders on September 11-12, 2012 in Benghazi which claimed the lives of four brave Americans. For political reasons, the Obama administration lied about the purpose of the attacks, including their lying directly to the families of those who were killed. Hillary Clinton's answer to Congress about the death of these four brave Americans because of her failures as Secretary of State was "what difference at this point does it make?" It makes the difference that America's leadership and security are in danger and that the Obama administration, including Joe Biden, don't have the courage to fix this situation.

As President, Marco Rubio will do the exact opposite of what Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton did. He will, without hesitation, call the enemy by his name : radical Islamic terrorism. He will reinforce our security measures, modernize our military and strengthen our alliances, which will allow us to eradicate radical Islamic terrorism and to save American lives here and abroad.

Thank you, God bless our brave ambassadors and God bless America.

August 9
-Meet with voters in Port Royal, South Carolina
-Foreign policy speech at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island in Port Royal, South Carolina
-V.A. policy speech at Naval Hospital Beaufort in Port Royal, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Charleston, South Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Economic policy speech in Charleston, South Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Foreign policy speech at Fort Sumter in Charleston, South Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Flight to Clemson, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Clemson, South Carolina
-Meet with college voters at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Rally with voters at Memorial Stadium in Clemson, South Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Meet with voters in Pickens, South Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Meet with voters in Easley, South Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Infrastructure and economic policy speech at Norfolk Southern Railway facility in Easley, South Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Counterterrorism policy speech at Norfolk Southern Railway facility in Easley, South Carolina with Nikki Haley

August 10
-Meet with voters in Anderson, South Carolina
-Economic policy speech in Anderson, South Carolina
-Manufacturing policy speech in Anderson, South Carolina
-Meet with college voters at Anderson University in Anderson, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Seneca, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Walhalla, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Gaffney, South Carolina
-Economic policy speech at the Gaffney Commercial Historic District in Gaffney, South Carolina
-Flight to Washington D.C.
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

August 11
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

August 12
-Flight to Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech at Quaker Oats facility in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Healthcare policy speech at St. Luke's hospital in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Fairfax, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Marion, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Benton, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Marengo, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Williamsburg, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech at Holden Foundation Seeds headquarters in Williamsburg, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Montezuma, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Grinnell, Iowa
-Anti-abortion policy speech in Grinnell, Iowa :

Since three decades, China is imposing the one-child policy to the Chinese people, which is limiting the number of children per family and increased the number of abortions. These policies have been criticized for violating the human right of determining the size of one's own family. I believe it's a reason why abortion should not be tolerated in the United States.

Abortion is murder. It really is as simple as that, ending the life of a child is not an acceptable consequence for you making bad sexual decisions. This is something I find outrageous : Democrats support regular abortion as well as partial birth abortion where the baby can be halfway out of the womb and the mother can still decide that she doesn’t want it and the doctor smashes in the skull of the child and vacuums out its brain. Abortion is one of the reasons that I am so proud to be a conservative.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2017, 01:32:31 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2018, 08:08:30 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule August 3-August 16 2015, Part 4

August 13
-Senator Marco Rubio celebrates Iowa State Fair with his family and his supporters in Des Moines, Iowa

August 14
-Iowa State Fair in Des Moines, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Speech at Old Las Vegas Mormon State Historic Park in Las Vegas, Nevada, in an effort to attract Mormon voters
-Meet with college voters at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, Nevada

August 15
-Meet with voters in Elko, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Fundraising event at Stockmen's Casino & Hotel in Elko, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Immigration policy in Elko, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Carson City, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Winnemucca in Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Wina, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Fallon, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Foreign policy speech at Naval Air Station in Fallon, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Atlanta, Georgia
-Speech at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
-Rally at The Phoenix statue in Atlanta, Georgia
-Fundraising event at the Millenium Gate Museum in Atlanta, Georgia
-Supper with voters at Coca-Cola headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia

August 16
-Rally at Turner Field in Atlanta, Georgia
-Meet with college voters at Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia
-Economic policy speech at the Museum of Design Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
-Speech at the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site in Atlanta, Georgia, in an effort to attract African American voters
-Meet with voters in Augusta, Georgia
-Speech at the Lucy Craft Laney Museum in Augusta, Georgia, in an effort to attract African American voters
-Foreign policy speech at Fort Gordon in Augusta, Georgia
-Meet with voters in Little Rock, Arkansas
-Dinner with the voters at the Starbuck's facility in Little Rock, Arkansas
-Fundraising event at the Arkansas Art Center in Little Rock, Arkansas
Foreign policy speech at the  MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History in Little Rock, Arkansas with Tom Cotton
-Speech at the Mosaics Templars Cultural Center in Little Rock, Arkansas with Tom Cotton
-Rally in Fort Smith Arkansas, with Tom Cotton and President of Americans for Tax Reform Grover Norquist who announces his endorsement to Marco Rubio :

Marco Rubio has the best experience and leadership to grow the U.S. Economy and has always opposed every form of measure including tax increases. As President, he will cut taxes for all the American people, thus reinforcing their American Dream, he will cut taxes and regulations for businesses, including small businesses, which will increase their ability to start, to grow, to expand, to produce and to create jobs. That's why we are proud to give our endorsement to Marco Rubio for the sake of a stronger freedom, a stronger economy and a stronger prosperity.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »

Interview with Don Lemon on CNN about foreign policy

Lemon:Your foreign policy plans are different than most of the GOP candidates in this race.

Percy:Yeah why?

Lemon:Senator Rubio compare it to President Obama

Percy:*laughs* Oh really. President Obama and his cabinet are funding people we don't know about in Syria and these people I fully believe are at least have ties with ISIS who are the ones that's Assad is going against. I don't think Assad is a good guy but he at least gets the enemy we are going for in ISIS.

I see him as a  necessary evil and as president I will not try to overthrow a government based on lies.

Lemon:That seems off the wall

Percy:To you maybe but I have supporters  dedicated ones who are Iraq and Afghanistan veterans who understand conflict and know what it's like.

I had a Iraq vet come to me in a Nevada town hall and say to me I fought for lies and that he had no business being there and thought he was just fighting to stay alive.

Lemon:Alright well we only have time left for your closing comments

Percy:Ok what I am saying here is these past proxy wars have had made their countries worse and more towards a theocracy than a secular government. So what I am saying is in a Percy administration that there will be no more of these wars and that we will only get into conflicts if we have to.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »

Republican Primary: Polling in IA, NH, SC, NV, FL, TX, MN

Iowa:
Rubio: 34%
Paul: 26%
Moran: 22%
Pearcy: 11%

New Hampshire:
Paul: 33%
Rubio: 27%
Pearcy: 18%
Moran: 8%

South Carolina:
Rubio: 38%
Paul: 21%
Moran: 15%
Pearcy: 8%

Nevada:
Rubio: 39%
Paul: 28%
Pearcy: 10%
Moran: 4%

Florida:
Rubio: 59%
Paul: 14%
Moran: 3%
Pearcy: 2%

Texas:
Rubio: 36%
Paul: 25%
Moran: 19%
Pearcy: 7%

Minnesota:
Rubio: 40%
Paul: 28%
Pearcy: 8%
Moran: 4%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2017, 06:24:35 PM »

I was under the impression we were doing all of August this turn... I'll fix it.
Yes, that was the original plan, but I'll gladly go one more round in August and then move ahead to the start of Dec?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies