Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:02:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 123168 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: September 13, 2017, 09:47:45 PM »
« edited: July 31, 2018, 11:08:22 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to win among voters who selected foreign policy and terrorism as the main issues of this campaign, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad attacking Elizabeth Warren on her lack of foreign policy experience and on her political decisions that diminished America's national security.

The ad titled « Readiness » airs in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, California, Texas, Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, Idaho, Oregon and the Washington state

« Readiness » advertisement narration :

Narrator : Throughout this campaign, Elizabeth Warren has demonstrated her inexperience on foreign policy issues. She doesn't have the leadership, experience and judgement to keep America safe.

She is supporting every element of Barack Obama's weak foreign policy. Time after time, she voted in favor of cutting in the military while the terrorist threat is getting stronger and stronger.

After the Orlando Pulse Nightclub shooting, which is the deadliest terrorist attack in our country since 9/11, she voted against allowing the Attorney General to block the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists like Omar Mateen, which is the right way to prevent such shootings or terrorist attacks without violating the Second Amendment.

One of the reasons why we suffered the terrorist attack in San Bernardino is because Senator Warren and her colleagues voted in favor of weakening our security measures on June 2015, which is six months before this attack.

While the Obama administration is arming Middle Eastern groups we have no idea who they are and could be fighting for radical Islamic terrorist groups like Al Qaida, Senator Warren proposed nothing as an alternative to this.

Even though Obama's Iran nuclear deal is handing money to the biggest state sponsor of terrorism and is allowing Iran to use that money to fund terrorist groups and to pursue the development of its nuclear arsenal that is aimed at launching nuclear attacks against the United States and our allies, including Israel, Senator Warren is supporting this so-called deal.

And recently, on September 11 2016 in the context of the 15th anniversary of 9/11, here is what she said.

Elizabeth Warren : Sixteen Years ago today we were attacked by Al-Qaeda in New York, in Pennsylvania, and here at the Pentagon.

Narrator : These attacks happened fifteen years ago, not sixteen.

She is promoting more of the same failed foreign policy of the last eight years. Elizabeth Warren's foreign policy is not the right answer for America.

As a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Intelligence, Marco Rubio knows what it takes to make America safe again. He pushed for Venezuela human rights sanctions that passed into law in order to condemn the tyrannical Venezuelan regime of Nicolas Maduro and to promote freedom and democracy in this country. Passage of his sponsored Girls Count Act increased U.S. foreign assistance on the establishment of birth registries to properly document childbirth and prevent kids' exploitation, trafficking or exclusion from society. He authored legislation that became law and that sanctions Hezbollah and, by extension, Iran for supporting terrorism. And, in order to stop North Korea from reinforcing its nuclear arsenal and to keep us safe against the North Korean threat, he co-sponsored the North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act of 2016 that increased sanctions against North Korea and against companies or banks that transfer dollars to the regime of Kim Jong-un who would have used these capitals to fund the development of its nuclear arsenal.

Marco Rubio has the foreign policy experience, leadership, knowledge and judgement to keep us safe. He will use this experience to fight and defeat radical Islamic terrorism. He will do it by allowing the Attorney General to delay the transfer of weapons to suspected terrorists and by reinforcing and securing our borders in order to keep ISIS out of the United States through background checks on Syrian refugees before allowing them to pass because ISIS fighters could be among them.

Under a Rubio Administration, we will increase the FBI's counter-terrorism budget, reinforce our homeland security and our security measures, increase our defense budget in order to reinforce and modernize our military as well as our troops' readiness, strengthen and enlarge our alliances, track and strike terrorists wherever they hide with our military and our allies, establishing background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them, deprive ISIS of its oil refineries, repeal the Iran nuclear deal and reinforce sanctions against Iran in order to deprive them of the money they need to support terrorist groups and to build nuclear weapons and we will, thanks to an anti-missile shield, intercept and destroy any nuclear weapon launched by Iran against us and our allies.

Marco Rubio for a stronger American leadership and for a stronger, safer, freer and peaceful America.

Marco Rubio : I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1151 on: September 13, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »

Congressman Ron Paul:

"Tonight, we are joined by Former Texas Congressman and now Independent Candidate for President Ron Paul."

1. What are your qualifications to be commander-in-chief?

Well, I served as an representative for 22 years, during this 22 years I sponsored many bills, for example a bill to end embargo on Cuba that I sponsored in 2003 and I was part of the House Committee of Foreign Affairs, I am also the only candidate on the race who is a veteran.

2. North Korea is in the news; how would a Paul Administration handle the increasing threat posed by the rogue nation?

We need to acknowledge something when talking about North Korea, North Korea, today, only exists because of China, without China, North Korea wouldn't be here anymore, it would have collapsed. China provides aid and block really significant sanctions against the country, but even with China helping, North Korea is still a weak country, it still uses soviet post world war 2 technology, they still use planes like the SU-7, which was made by the soviets in 1955, but not because North Korea is underdeveloped and a "potential giant threat" we should conduct military strikes on them, it doesn't work like this, this could cause a war, we would win, but it would still be devastating to our South Korean and Japanese allies and it would have a big economic impact.

Knowing this, my plan is to talk with China, to tell them: "hey, we want to cooperate with you, we want good relations with you, we need to face it, the US is dependent of China and China is dependent of the US, without one of us, the other one falls, but if we want to cooperate, to have good relations, we will need to deal with North Korea", and after talking with China we could work with them to deal with this problem without a war.

3. Was the War in Iraq a mistake, and how do you rectify the on going crisis in the middle east?

Yes it was, a big mistake, a mistake that Marco already tried to justify, the Iraq war deposed a government that we didn't have to depose because they were doing nothing against us, Hussein wasn't a good person, but he also wasn't doing anything against the US, he didn't have the weapons of mass destruction that Bush and the neocon establishment claimed, the war left big economic consequences and we need to face it that ISIS only exists today because of it.

Now, in regards to how I will solve the problems in the Middle East, I won't depose Assad, deposing Assad will make Syria unstable, if we depose him before we defeat ISIS it will be the perfect situation to them to take control of the country, If we depose him after defeating ISIS it will create a situation where new terrorist groups will appear. To defeat ISIS I will try to make our relationship with Russia better, so we, our European allies and Russia can defeat ISIS together, I won't work to create a no fly zone, it would only create conflict and maybe a war between us and Russia, this is another thing Marco doesn't see, I will stop sending guns to the "moderate" opposition, because they aren't moderate and while there is a minority of moderates, we can't identify them so we don't send our guns to the radicals or ISIS, so instead of arming this groups we will arm the Kurds and work with them to defeat ISIS and then give them they're own country, lastly, we will stop sending money to countries like Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Pakistan because they finance terrorist radical groups, they finance groups against the Kurds, Saudi Arabia had a role in 9/11, we can't continue cooperating with this people unless something changes.

Doing all this I said, we will be able to defeat ISIS and make the Middle East stable again and end our unnecessary interventions there.

4. The ongoing crisis with the VA has veterans across the country outraged over a lack of care. How would you solve this crisis and deliver veterans the care they deserve?

Well, I think that privatizing the VA is the best option here, the government has proven itself inefficient and bad in most things it does and the private sector has always been better, event because it has competition that makes the companies need to get better and cheaper.

Some people will say this won't help because veterans won't be able to pay because it will be private, but I disagree, the free market will regulate itself, just like it did in New Zealand and other countries that privatized services and the services ended up being affordable because the free market regulated itself. I'd also support the idea of people donating to charities that support our veterans.

5. President Obama said four years The Cold War is over, and declared a new era of international relations between Russia and the United States, but now there is speculation over Russian involvement in the DNC email hacking. What is your policy towards Russia and are they a friend or foe?

Before answering the question, I'd just like to remember that Obama lied to us when he tried to put himself as a dove, Obama is a war hawk, a liberal war hawk just like Hillary Clinton, the biggest proof of this is what he did by arming Syrian rebels and what he did in Libya.

Now answering your question, Russia isn't a friend of a foe, it also isn't a threat to our existence like neocons like Marco like to tell you, Russia is a country that fights for what it thinks it will be good to itself, Putin isn't there to be a friend or a foe to the US he is there to do what he thinks that will be better to his people. My policy towards Russia is simple, no one wants a war, the cold war is over, there is no necessity to be the world police anymore, I am in favor of having better relations with Russia so we can cooperate, not only to defeat the terrorists in Syria but for other things too. I think that if the US works with Russia there could be a better world, I'd support treaties to decrease both countries nuclear stockpiles so there can be less tension. So basically, I don't think Russia is a friend or a foe, but I think that there could be a cooperation between both countries because the Cold War is over and there is no necessity anymore to be the world police.

6. What is the Paul Doctrine?

It is the idea that the Cold War is over, that we don't need to be the world police anymore, that instead, we need to look more to ourselves than to other countries, it's the idea that there is no necessity to intervene in countries to depose their government or intervene in a war that isn't threatening our interests. The Paul Doctrine would benefit our economy because we wouldn't be intervening in wars and spending our money on it, it would be good to the soldiers who would come back home and their families, it would benefit everyone.

So this is the Paul Doctrine, the idea of looking more to ourselves, to take care of ourselves and not from countries that are minding the own business and doing nothing against us.

Closing Statements: Why should voters elect you, and why should they feel comfortably with as commander in chief?

Because I have many years of experience, you can see my record and I have always fought for what I'm fighting today, less military intervention, I have voted against my own party because I vote for what I think it is right, not for what the establishment wants.

I think people should choose me because I am an outsider who defends what I always defended and will look more to solve our problems than the problems from countries that are doing nothing against us.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1152 on: September 13, 2017, 09:51:39 PM »

"Next we are joined by Independent Vermont Senator, and now candidate for President Bernie Sanders."

1. What are your qualifications to be commander-in-chief?

I have spent time and effort in taking care of our veterans, and oppose the pointless brushfire wars that gets so many people killed on all sides. I have over 30 years of experience in government; and know when to exercise caution and when to apply pressure. I have done that my entire life.

2. North Korea is in the news; how would a Sanders Administration handle the increasing threat posed by the rogue nation?

Obviously North Korea is a major rogue state. Their development of nuclear weapons endangers the entire world, but sanctions have not worked. A military solutionis simply not viable; not when they have 11,000 artillery guns pointed at Seoul.

A diplomatic solution is available. I believe that through dialogue with China, we can apply significant economic pressure to the regime and bring them to reality.

3. Was the War in Iraq a mistake, and how do you rectify the on going crisis in the middle east?

I opposed the Iraq War from the start because I was not convinced of the reasoning behind it, and I stand by that. We need to start using our diplomatic muscle in the region, and we need to stop supplying arms to the rebels in Syria, who have become radicalized. We need to realize that while Assad is a genuinely awful human being, ISIS will fill the void if he is toppled.

I will makw this promise: under my administration, I will not send Americans overseas to fight a pointless brushfire war that costs trillions of dollars for no gain!

4. The ongoing crisis with the VA has veterans across the country outraged over a lack of care. How would you solve this crisis and deliver veterans the care they deserve?

I am currently drafting the Help for Heroes Act. The driving force here is to create federal housing and job training programs for our returned veterans. We can invest money into improving our mental health services. We can allow our veterans access  to medical marijuana. We need to slsh the sheer amount of red tape that exists, and ensure that our doctors receive the training they need and the VA gets the funding it needs.

I was chair of the Veterans' Affairs committee in the Senate, and Senator Rubio shot down one of the bills I proposed to releive our veterans. I have been honored by vererans for supporting them, and I will not break their trust now.

5. President Obama said four years The Cold War is over, and declared a new era of international relations between Russia and the United States, but now there is speculation over Russian involvement in the DNC email hacking. What is your policy towards Russia and are they a friend or foe?

The Cold War is over, and we need to turn a new page in our relations with Russia. However, we should also be wary of their intentions, as we should of any power. Personally, I'm a bit frustrated that the narrative over the email hacks is focused on who did ot, rather than the content that showed Senator Warren and the Vice-President in contact with the DNC to deny me the chance to run a fair campaign.

6. What is the Sanders Doctrine?

One that prioritizes diplomacy over force. We are not the world police. We need to work through the UN and other international organizations to achieve peaceful, diplomatic solutions to conflicts. We should only intervene to precent ethnic cleansing or to safeguard the interests of the American people.

Closing Statements: Why should voters elect you, and why should they feel comfortably with as commander in chief?

I will not send our brave men and women in the armed forces off to die to support the military-industrial complex. We need to focus on safeguarding the interests of our people, and not our corporations. If you want a commander-in-chief who will use diplomacy and only resort to force as a final resort, then I can promise you that. I will not use violence as a first resort, unlike my colleague, Senator Rubio. I have a veteran as my running mate, who understands what war is like, unlike my friends up here, who nave not been to war,  and have no idea what it is like.

I do not claim to know what war is like, but my running mate does, and we will not risk lives to enrich our corporations. Thank you.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1153 on: September 13, 2017, 09:52:57 PM »

"Next please welcome Republican Nominee Senator Marco Rubio."
(1/3)
. What are your qualifications to be commander-in-chief?

Well Matt, I have more foreign policy experience than my opponent Elizabeth Warren. I have been involved in several foreign policy challenges and every time I prevailed.

I pushed for Venezuela human rights sanctions that passed into law in order to condemn the tyrannical Venezuelan regime of Nicolas Maduro and to promote freedom and democracy in this country. Passage of my sponsored Girls Count Act increased U.S. foreign assistance on the establishment of birth registries to properly document childbirth and prevent kids' exploitation, trafficking or exclusion from society. I authored legislation that became law and that sanctions Hezbollah and, by extension, Iran for supporting terrorism. In order to stop North Korea from reinforcing its nuclear arsenal and to keep us safe against the North Korean threat, I cosponsored the North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act of 2016 that increased sanctions against North Korea and against companies or banks that transfer dollars to the regime of Kim Jong-un who would have used this money to fund the construction of nuclear weapons. And last summer, I cosponsored the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act that would reinforce our defense ties with our allies in the Middle East and in the Indian Subcontinent in order to fight terrorists more effectively and would make sure that Iran will use its nuclear energy for economic purposes, not to develop nuclear weapons.

As a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Intelligence and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, I know what it takes to keep America safe, which requires stronger security measures, a stronger U.S. military, stronger alliances, a stronger diplomacy based on common interest and stronger American leadership. And that is the exact opposite of Elizabeth Warren's agenda, the exact opposite of Ron Paul's agenda and the exact opposite of Bernie Sanders' agenda, all agendas that will pursue Barack Obama's weak foreign policy that reduced our security measures, reduced our military at its smallest size since World War I, withdrew America from the fight against terrorism at the wrong time, created vacuums fulfilled by ISIS and made concessions to Iran through the Iran nuclear deal that is handing money to Iran who will use that money to keep sponsoring global terrorism and to develop nuclear arms. Our allies are trusting us less and our enemies are stronger. All of that will change when I'm President. America will be back, our allies will finally reclaim their trust in us and together we will finally defeat all of our enemies and make the whole world safe, free, stable and peaceful thanks to a stronger American leadership.

2. North Korea is in the news; how would a Rubio Administration handle the increasing threat posed by the rogue nation?

This administration has failed to take affirmative action against the North Korean threat. They are about to get missiles that will be able to hit Hawaii, Alaska and the Western Coast. My plan to remove the North Korean threat has six basic points :

Number one, putting North Korea back on the list of state sponsors of terror. They should never have been removed from that list since they supported terrorist activities such as the 1987 bombing of Korean Air flight 858, gave asylum to Japanese Communist League-Red Army Faction members, orchestrated the Rangoon bombing in 1983, which was an assassination attempt against former South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan, and are now developing nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction to attack us and our allies. But they can be put back on that list and that's what I will do as President of the United States.

Number two, additional sanctions especially on North Korea's leadership who holds significant assets overseas. They need to be punished individually because while that country has no economy, their leaders are very wealthy and are putting their nuclear arsenal ahead of the needs of the North Korean people, using most of their money to reinforce their oppressive regime and to empower their nuclear program.

Number three, as provided in my co-sponsored North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act of 2016 that was signed into law last January, we have to impose sanctions on any individual, company or bank around the world that serve as financial intermediaries for dollar transactions to North Korea to help this tyrannical and corrupt regime to evade U.N. sanctions and to fund the development of North Korean nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction. That way, we can stop North Korea from getting such a powerful arsenal.

Number four, making sure that China will do more to increase pressure on North Korea and stop the North Korean threat because North Korea's nuclear missiles are so powerful that they can cause explosions that could extend on a very large zone, like the whole city of New York, and if North Korea launches a nuclear attack on Seoul, for example, it would be bad for China's economic activities in the Yellow Sea, especially fishing since several of local aquatic resources would also be destroyed by nuclear radiations. In addition, if South Korea is bombarded and annihilated by North Korean nuclear weapons, China would lose its second main import partner that is none other than South Korea because South Korea imports 10 % of exported Chinese products in the world. And the less importers China will have, the less they can boost their economy. So, for China, giving more efforts against the North Korean threat would save its economic interests in addition of ensuring national security all around the Pacific Ocean. That's why China has to join us to increase diplomatic pression on North Korea

Number five, we need to rebuild our military alliances in the Asia-Pacific region. And that includes Japan, South Korea and others. That's why, in order to maintain peace and security on the Pacific, I proposed the creation of a NATO-like military association that I call Pacific Treaty Organization (PTO), but that would include the United States and its allies around the Pacific, especially Canada, Japan, South Korea and Australia. It goes back to the point I made about our navy. Our navy is technologically very capable, but our ships still cannot be in two places at once. So you can't provide the level of security we need in the Asia-Pacific region with the smallest navy in a hundred years, not to mention the issues we have with China in the South China Sea. So rebuilding our military, especially our navy, and reinforcing our navy's presence in the Asia-Pacific region in particular is critically important.

Number six, we need to recommit to missile defense. North Korea already possesses intercontinental missiles capable of reaching Hawaii, Guam and maybe even Alaska as well as the West Coast of the United States. We need a comprehensive missile defense system for the entire continental United States, both West Coast ad East Coast, as well as for Alaska and Hawaii in order to guard against the Iranian threat and also to guard against the North Korean threat. And that's a multi-faceted defense system. It involves naval assets near and theater and includes working with the Japanese that have a very capable navy it also includes missile defense units deployed both on the East Coast and West Coast because if trends continue, this lunatic and tyrannical leader in North Korea will possess a missile and a warhead capable of reaching the United States and we better be able to shoot it down before it gets anywhere near us and we need to invest and recommit to that again for the sake of America's security and international peace and stability.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1154 on: September 13, 2017, 09:53:26 PM »

(2/3)

3. Was the War in Iraq a mistake, and how do you rectify the ongoing crisis in the middle east?

Our intervention in Iraq was the right thing to do because even though we never found weapons of mass destruction there, we have to understand that Saddam Hussein's Iraq was a safe haven for terrorism, which is something Senator Warren Congressman Paul and Senator Sanders denied for a long time. They were wrong to claim that there was no terrorist presence in Iraq before 2003 and that this regime was not supporting terrorism.

Saddam Hussein gave sancturay to some of the worst radical Islamic terrorists. He had given sanctuary to Abu Nidal, Abu Abbas (who was directly responsible for the death of Leon Klinghoffer, an American Jew abroad the Achille Lauro) and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad terrorist who was involved in the millennium plot, a terrorist attempt to commit bombing attacks against tourist sites in Jordan as well as against the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and the USS The Sullivans in the context of millennium celebrations. After that, al-Zarqawi trained jihadists in Pakistan and Afghanistan. After 2001, he flew to Iraq and Saddam Hussein gave him sanctuary and even rejected requests from Jordan to hand over al-Zarqawi, which proved him to be a sponsor of terrorism and made Iraq a safe place for jihadists.

By that time, al-Zarqawi founded Al-Qaeda in Iraq and was responsible for the 2005 bombing of three hotels in Amman, Jordan. But after we toppled Saddam Hussein, Iraq was no longer a safe haven for terrorism and we finally killed al-Zarqawi in 2006.

But now, by withdrawing our troops from Iraq while our job to train Iraqi troops and to defeat terrorism was not yet completed, the Obama administration allowed ISIS to rise, to conquer a large territory and to commit terrorist attacks around the world.

If we don't take action, Iraq will become once again a safe haven for terrorism and use this country as a base to launch terrorist attacks against the United States.

That's what will happen if Senator Warren is elected. I'm elected President, we will prevent by pursuing our fight against ISIS until we obtain unconditional victory against them. We will destroy ISIS by increasing the FBI's counterterrorism budget, by reinforcing our homeland security, by increasing our defense budget, by strengthening and modernizing our military, by expanding our defense partnerships with our allies in the Middle East and Europe and working with them, by tracking terrorists wherever they are and striking them on their territory through military arsenal and strength, by giving our troops the mission to secure ISIS' oil refineries and give them back to the Syrian people and the Iraqi people in order to deprive terrorists of revenues to organize their terrorist activities and by arming the right groups in the Middle East (especially the Kurds and the Peshmerga) through background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them.

That way, Matt, we will make sure that there will be no safe haven for terrorists, that we will defeat ISIS and restore peace, freedom, security and stability in the Middle East. That's how we're going to make America safe and free.

Well Matt, you know, I have a strong record in taking care of our veterans who bravely fought for their country in order to keep it safe and sacrificed so much for it. And my older brother Mario Rubio is himself a veteran and he represents a model to me. I'm proud of his service just like I'm proud of the service of all of our men and women in uniform. In 2011, I cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital and gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise. Two years ago, I successfully sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America.

Right now, we need to do more about it.. When I'm President, we're going to make the federal Department of Veterans Affairs work with state and federal agencies to stop corrupted bureaucrats who are diverting federal aid away from veterans.

If we take care of our veterans, as I always did and will always do, they will be thankful of the services we'll give to them just as we are thankful of their service for our country, for freedom and for our national security. I will use this leadership as President of the United States. So I can promise you that our future military veterans will have access to the same services as the current veterans do.

President Obama has proven himself to be weak on Russia. He ignored and even mocked the warnings about Russia's geopolitical actions. Vladimir Putin's Russia is a foe. Russia is acting against America's interests and against the principle of international peace, stability, freedom and integrity. By invading Ukraine and annexing Crimea, Russia violated territorial integrity just like this nation did to Georgia in 2008. Russia is arming a terrorist pro-Russian insurgency in order to reinforce their hold on Ukraine and Eastern Europe. Under a Rubio Administration, we will abolish the ban on oil export and increase American oil exports to Ukraine, thus freeing them from their dependency on Russian oil. We will reinforce sanctions against Russia as well as our military presence on the Black Sea, send military advisers to assist our Ukrainian allies and provide weapons to the Ukrainian armed forces in order to help them to fight and defeat this pro-Russian terrorist rebellion, give Ukraine back to Ukrainians and dissuade Vladimir Putin from invading Ukraine or any other Eastern European country.

By supporting the Assad regime, Moscow is allowing permanent tyranny, chaos and instability in Syria and made our fight against ISIS harder, thus allowing bloodbaths. Instead of making the fight against ISIS their first priority, they are putting the survival of the Assad regime ahead of the campaign against terrorism and national security. After defeating ISIS, we will have to ensure regime change in Syria because Assad's oppressive measures that are slaying its own people will push more people to radicalize themselves and to join terrorist groups. We saw such kind of situation in Egypt in the last few years. And by toppling Assad, we're going to make our fight against ISIS and other terrorist groups easier because Syrians will have reclaimed their trust towards their government thanks to the restoration of freedom, democracy, integrity and justice. By removing Assad, who is none other than Putin's puppet, we will give Syria back to Syrians.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1155 on: September 13, 2017, 09:54:00 PM »

(3/3)

6. What is the Rubio Doctrine?

The Rubio Doctrine is composed by four pillars.

Number one, American strength. We need to undo the damage caused by the sequester, which is why I've endorsed the National Defense Panel's recommendation that we return as soon as possible to Secretary Gates's fiscal year 2012 budget baseline. Adequately funding the military will allow us not only to grow our forces, but also to modernize them, which in turn will allow us to remain on the cutting edge in every arena before us—land, sea and air—but also cyberspace and outer space, the battlefields of the 21st century. By modernizing and innovating, we can ensure that we never send our troops into a fair fight, but rather always equip them with the upper hand. And when they come home, we should be as firmly committed to their well being as they have been to ours. A strong military also means a strong intelligence community, equipped with all the tools it needs to defend the homeland from extremism both home-grown and foreign-trained. And key to this will be extending section 215 of the Patriot Act. We cannot let politics cloud the importance of this issue. We must never find ourselves looking back after a terrorist attack and saying « We could have done more to save American lives ». Some will argue that with all the fiscal challenges our nation faces, we simply cannot afford to invest in our military. But the truth is, we cannot afford not to invest in it. We must remember that the defense budget is not the primary driver of our debt. And every time we try to cut a dollar from it, it seems to cost us several more just to make up for it. This is because the successes of all of our initiatives depend on the safety of the American people and the stability of the global economy.

That brings me to the second pillar of my doctrine : the protection of the American economy in a globalized world. When America was founded, it took more than 10 weeks to travel to Europe. In the 19th century, the steam engine cut that down to around 12 days. In the 20th century, the airplane cut it to around six hours. And now in the 21st century, you can access global markets in a single second with the tap of your Smart Phone. Millions of the best jobs in this new century will depend on international trade. That is why I support the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Those such as Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders failed to grasp trade's role as a tool of statecraft that can bolster our relationship with partners and in the process create millions of better-paying American jobs. As president, I will use American power to oppose any violations of international waters, airspace, cyberspace, or outer space. This includes the economic disruptions caused when one country invades another, as well as the chaos caused by disruptions in choke points such as the South China Sea or the Strait of Hormuz. Russia, China, Iran or any nation that attempts to block global commerce will know to expect a response from my administration. Gone will be the days of debating where a ship is flagged or whether it's our place to criticize territorial expansionism. In this century, business must have the freedom to operate around the world with confidence.

The third pillar of my doctrine is more clarity regarding America's core values. We must recognize that our nation is a global leader, not simply because it has superior arms, but also because it has superior aims. America is the first power in history motivated by a desire to expand freedom, rather than simply expand its own territory. In recent years, the ideals that have long formed the backbone of American foreign policy—a passionate defense of human rights, the strong support of democratic principles and the protection of the sovereignty of our allies—these values have been replaced by at best caution, and at worst, an outright willingness to betray those values for the expediency of negotiations with repressive regimes. This is not just morally wrong, it is also contrary to our interests. Because wherever freedom and human rights spread, partners for our nation are born. But whenever foreign policy comes unhinged from its moral purpose, it weakens global stability and forms cracks in our national resolve. In this century, we must restore America's willingness to think big, to state boldly what we stand for and why it is right. Just as Ronald Reagan never flinched in his criticism of the Soviet Union's political and economic repressions, we must never shy away from demanding that China allow true freedom for its 1.3 billion people. Nor should we hesitate in calling the source of atrocities in the Middle East by its real name : radical Islamic terrorism. As president, I will support the spread of economic and political freedom by reinforcing our alliances, resisting efforts by large powers to subjugate their smaller neighbors, maintaining a robust commitment to transparent and effective foreign assistance programs, and advance the rights of the vulnerable, including women and religious minorities who are so often persecuted, so that the afflicted people of this world will know the truth. The American people hear their cries, see their suffering, and most of all, desire their freedom.

And finally, the fourth pillar of the Rubio Doctrine is to support anti-terrorist forces by providing them the necessary materials to fight radical Islamic terrorism. We are providing the Kurds in weapons because we know they are fighting ISIS, which is a good thing. Since we don't know whether some Syrian rebels are fighting for ISIS or other jihadist groups like Al Qaida or Al Nusra, I will, before arming the Syrian rebels, put in place background checks on Syrian rebels in order to help us to identify these rebels by learning more about their backgrounds, their past and their connections. If we don't know who these rebels are, who they are fighting for and why they want weapons, we will not provide them.

That's how we're going to make the world free, safe and peaceful.

Well, here is why I'm the only one candidate the American people can trust to keep us safe, defeat global terrorism and restore peace and security. And here is a question the voters should ask themselves before making their choice : are you better off than you were eight years ago? There is stronger radical Islamic terrorist threat than there was eight years ago. Iran is closer to a nuclear weapon than it was eight years ago. The Middle East is in a deeper chaos than it was eight years ago. We suffered much more terrorist attacks than we did eight years ago. And our allies are trusting us less than they did eight years ago.

Like I said before, Senator Warren has proven over and over again her lack of foreign policy experience, judgement and leadership to keep our country safe. She is supporting every element of Barack Obama's weak foreign policy. Time after time, she voted in favor of cutting in the military while the terrorist threat is getting stronger and stronger. After the Orlando Pulse Nightclub shooting, which is the deadliest terrorist attack in our country since 9/11, she voted against allowing the Attorney General to block the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists like Omar Mateen, which is the right way to prevent such shootings or terrorist attacks without violating the Second Amendment. One of the reasons why we suffered the terrorist attack in San Bernardino is because Senator Warren and her colleagues voted in favor of weakening our security measures on June 2015, which is six months before this attack. While the Obama administration is arming Middle Eastern groups we have no idea who they are and could be fighting for radical Islamic terrorist groups like Al Qaida, Senator Warren proposed nothing as an alternative to this. Even though Obama's Iran nuclear deal is handing money to the biggest state sponsor of terrorism and is allowing Iran to use that money to fund terrorist groups and to pursue the development of its nuclear arsenal that is aimed at launching nuclear attacks against the United States and our allies, including Israel, Senator Warren is supporting this so-called deal. Even after 9/11, her running mate Sherrod Brown voted against establishing the Department of Homeland Security.

I will use my experience as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Intelligence and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations to fight and defeat radical Islamic terrorism and keep us safe. As Commander-in-Chief, I will not hesitate to call the enemy by its name which is radical Islamic terrorism. I will fight and defeat that evil by allowing the Attorney General to delay the transfer of weapons to suspected terrorists, I will reinforce our borders and keep ISIS out of the United States through background checks on Syrian refugees before allowing them to pass because ISIS fighters could be among them. We will increase the FBI's counter-terrorism budget, reinforce our homeland security and our security measures, increase our defense budget in order to reinforce and modernize our military as well as our troops' readiness, strengthen and enlarge our alliances, track and strike terrorists wherever they hide with our military and our allies, establishing background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them, deprive ISIS of its oil refineries, repeal the Iran nuclear deal and reinforce sanctions against Iran in order to deprive them of the money they need to support terrorist groups and to build nuclear weapons and we will, thanks to an anti-missile shield, intercept and destroy any nuclear weapon launched by Iran against us and our allies.

If we want peace, we have to be ready for war. I know that the world is a better, safer, freer and stabilized world when America is the strongest military power in the world. And that's why my foreign policy agenda will promote peace through strength and that's why the American people will feel comfortable with me as Commander-in-Chief and live in a peaceful, free and safe world.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1156 on: September 13, 2017, 09:55:41 PM »

"Lastly, please welcome Democratic Nominee Senator Elizabeth Warren."

1. Matt, my credentials to be President are no different than Senator Rubio or Senator Sanders, having served in the Senate and voted on significant foreign policy issues, and Presidential nominations for key departments like the State Department and Defense Department. Congressman Paul doesn't have the chance to do many of these things in the House, therefore his qualifications are weaker.

2. I would encourage China to send troops into North Korea to overthrow the regime of Kim-Jong Un. We know Xi Jinping wants to avoid American troops on the Yalu River. If we want to solve the problem of North Korea, the best way to handle it is to arrange for China's deposing the current regime, without involving American weapons or troops.

3. The War in Iraq was a mistake, and we will continue to pay for it for years to come. A Warren Administration would continue the Obama policy of targeted bombing of ISIS strongholds in Iraq and Syria. I would not however support the Syrian Government, or the Iranian backed militias fighting in Syria.

4. I would appoint a veteran, such as John McCain as head of the VA who understands what Veterans need, and I would push for a significant increase in funding for the VA.

5. President Obama was wrong. Russia remains one of our most implacable foes. As President, I will consider any action short of outright war against Russia, from cyberattacks, to sanctions, to cutting off normal diplomatic relations with the Russian Government.

6. The Warren Doctrine is practical, but tough foreign policy, drawing upon the strength of America's allies around the world.

My Experience is roughly the same as Senator Rubio's and Senator Sanders's, and stronger than Congressman Paul's. Senator Rubio is a return to the George Bush era of neoconservatism, Senator Sanders and Congressman Paul's isolationist plans will never get anywhere in this day and age.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1157 on: September 13, 2017, 10:27:03 PM »

Who Won the Commander in Chief Forum?
Marco Rubio: 30%
Elizabeth Warren: 22%
Bernie Sanders: 15%
Ron Paul: 13%
None of the Above: 5%
Draw: 4%
Undecided: 11%

Divisions in AFL-CIO over Warren & Sanders
Several affiliate unions have directly contradicted the organisation's leadership by endorsing Senator Sanders over Senator Warren in the Presidential Election. The Warren Campaign has been actively courting the endorsements in hopes of bumping up support among union members.

End Goal for Paul and Sanders?
Many people on both sides of the political aisle are concerned about the independent campaigns of Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul; believing their real objective could be to force the election into the House. The alliance between Sanders and Paul has created a stir in the national political campaigns.  Sanders and Paul have both pulled their names from the ballots in certain states so the other has chance of winning. So is the main objective to deadlock the electoral college? Many prominent Republicans and Democrats feel the answer is yes.

Rubio Blasts Paul for Donations from White Supremacist
Senator Marco Rubio is going after Ron Paul for Campaign donations from white supremacist Don Black, given to his campaign in 2008.

Electoral Map: Shift in Some States; Tightening Race
Marco Rubio: 250
Elizabeth Warren: 213
Bernie Sanders: 7
Ron Paul:
Tossup: 68

Battleground States:

PA: Rubio +3
Rubio: 45%
Warren: 42%
Sanders: 6%
Paul: 2%

NH: Statistical Tie
Rubio: 27.4%
Warren: 27.2%
Sander: 22.9%
Paul: 20.4%

MI: Rubio +2
Rubio: 40%
Warren: 38%
Sander: 14%

Wisconsin: Rubio +1
Warren: 39%
Sander: 16%
Paul: 1%

MN: Warren +1
Rubio: 37%
Sanders: 17%

OR: Warren+2
Rubio: 36%
Sanders: 16%

Electoral Map w/ Tossup States Included:
Rubio: 300
Warren: 231
Sanders: 7

Daily Tracking Poll:
Rubio: 43% (+3)
Warren: 40%
Sanders: 7%
Paul: 4%

Next Round will Last from: September 15-September 21, 2016

Our round will close: Next Thursday at 11 PM EST
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1158 on: September 14, 2017, 05:56:35 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2017, 06:12:17 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Andrew Napolitano in Manchester, New Hampshire

Mr. Napolitano, you are the one who is lying about Congressman Paul's foreign policy. Here is why it is similar to Obama's : he seeks to withdraw us from Iraq while our job to defeat ISIS and to train the Iraqi armed forces is not over yet and that's the mistake committed by this administration and that allowed ISIS to emerge, to fulfill the vacuum created by our early withdrawal and to conquer a vast territory that they are using as a base to launch terrorist attacks against the United States like they did in Garland, San Bernardino and Orlando. And secondly, both Congressman Paul and President Obama are supporting the Iran nuclear deal the lifting of the sanctions through this anti-American deal is handing billions and billions of dollars Iran who is none other than the biggest state sponsor of global terrorism. They are both supporting such concessions to those who shouted « Death to America  ». This money will be used to fund terrorist groups around the world, which will reinforce the international terrorist threat and ensure further terrorist attacks in the world, and to finance the continuation of the construction of nuclear weapons that will be aimed at launching nuclear attacks against the United States and our allies, including Israel, thus causing millions of deaths triggering an arms race or worse a nuclear war. And if Iran destroys Israel like this, it will create a vacuum in the region and give radical Islamic terrorist groups like the Hezbollah, ISIS or the Sinai Province (a branch of ISIS) a great opportunity to fulfill such vacuum, to occupy the Israeli territory and use it as a springboard to organize and launch attacks against us. Terrorists want to follow us home in order to kill Americans. We can't let that happen. And even Senator Rand Paul, Congressman Paul's son, is opposing the Iran nuclear deal.

No wonder that Mr. Napolitano has absolutely no foreign policy experience. He can not see any similarity between Congressman Paul's foreign policy and Barack Obama's foreign policy.

Every time we suffered a major attack like in Pearl Harbor (1941), in New York (2001), in San Bernardino (2015) and Orlando (2016), the main reason why these attacks ocurred is because our military power was at its smallest size. That's why the world is a better place when America has the strongest military in the world.

We're going to change the tendency of the last eight years through stronger alliances, stronger military, stronger diplomacy and stronger leadership. When I'm President of the United States, America will be back and will finally reclaim its status as the shining city on the hill.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1159 on: September 14, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2017, 07:17:00 AM by UWS »

Rubio/Pearcy 2016
A New American Century
Schedule September 15-September 21 2016, Part 1

September 15
-Flight to Albuquerque, New Mexico
-Meet with voters in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Foreign policy speech at Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Energy policy speech in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Town hall meeting with voters at Zimmerman Library in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Meet with college voters at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Trade policy speech in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
- Speech at the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez where Senator Rubio celebrates the beginning of the National Hispanic Heritage Month in an effort to attract Hispanic voters :

Hello, my fellow Hispanics and fellow Americans.

Today is the start of the National Hispanic Heritage Month, a month where we celebrate the Hispanic community’s contributions to America’s exceptionalism and prosperity as well as the strength of the common values that unite and enrich our nation. I'm very proud to represent a state in the United States Senate that has a very large Hispanic population.

Mi visión de America en el futuro cuando los hispanos están un porcentaje muy alto de nuestra población es que nosotros verá enriquecida por su música, su cultura, su alimentaria, su indioma y, sobre todo, su amor por America.

Most of these people came from places like Cuba or Venezuela, where they were deprived of human rights by a two-bit dictator depriving them of their opportunities to move forward.

Como hijo de inmigrantes cubanos, yo sé lo que significa perder derechos humanos. Yo sé lo que una de las cosas que los hispanos harán es amar este país y defenderlo. Ellos defenderán la belleza a la maravilla de esta nación y reforzar su carácter estatus como la brillando ciudad en una colina.

El Mes de la Herencia Hispana es una tiempo a celebrar el sueńo americano. Nosotros felicitamos padres como mis, que vino de Cuba, que trabajaba duro y han abierto sus puertas al sus nińos que les estaban vedadas. Nosotros celebraremos una comunidad donde el número de adultos jóvenes inscribiéndose en la universidad al considerable aumento en los últimos ańos. Saludamos los numerosos hombres y mujeres hispanos de uniforme que están luchando por nuestra libertad en nuestras fuerzas armadas. También recordamos qué felices somos por vivir en un país donde el éxito no se limita por las circunstancias de la vida de cada uno.

Para mi la cultura hispana es muy importante y positiva. Nuestros valores son muy parecidos. Los hispanos contribuyen cada dia mas a nuestra cultura, son parte integral del sueno americano. Por esos motivos y mas, yo los invito que celevren el Mes de la Herencia Hispana, porque Todos Somos Americanos!

Gracias. Que Dios bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

-Rally with voters at The Pit in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Agriculture policy speech at Albuquerque Botanical Gardens in Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Meet with voters in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Meet with voters in Grants, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Small government policy speech in Grants, New Mexico with Susana Martinez where Senator Rubio reiterates the urgency to reduce government spending and to put in place a balance budget amendment
-Meet with voters in Bernalillo, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Tax policy speech in Bernalillo, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Meet with voters in Rio Rancho, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Rally with voters at Santa Ana Star Center in Rio Rancho, New Mexico with Susana Martinez
-Economic policy speech in Rio Rancho, New Mexico with Susana Martinez

September 16
-Flight to Broomfield, Colorado
-Meet with voters in Broomfield, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Energy policy speech in Broomfield, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Flat tax policy speech in Broomfield, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Meet with voters in Monument, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Trade policy speech in Monument, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Manufacturing policy speech in Monument, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Free enterprise policy speech in Monument, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Meet with voters in Fort Collins, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Economic policy speech at OtterBox headquarters in Fort Collins, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Immigration policy speech in Fort Collins, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Meet with voters in Loveland, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Meet with voters in Boulder, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Tax reform policy speech in Boulder, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Foreign policy speech in Boulder, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Meet with college voters at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado with Mike Coffman in an effort to attract young voters
-Meet with voters in Greeley, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Counter-terrorism policy speech at Greeley Air National Guard Station in Greeley, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Energy independence policy speech in Greeley, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Meet with voters in Castle Rock, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Health care policy speech in Castle Rock, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Meet with voters in Highlands Ranch, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Medical marijuana legalization policy speech in Highlands Ranch, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Meet with voters in Denver, Colorado with Mike Coffman
-Speech at Hispanic Heritage Center in Denver, Colorado in an effort to win among undecided Hispanic voters :

As we are celebrating the National Hispanic Heritage Month, we have to take a look at their socio-economic situation. In the last two months, while the national unemployment rate raised to 5 %, the unemployment rate among Hispanics increased from 5.4 % to 6.4 %.

This is due to the fact that we are living the slowest economic pace in American history and to Obama's big government policies such as higher taxes and regulations on all the American people, including the middle class, which put tens of millions of Americans out of work, made America a harder place to do business, undermined free enterprise, diminished our people's access to education and put the American Dream in decline.

Hay un unica sistema económico en el mundo que hagan todo posible. Esta es el Americano sistema de libre empresa. Mientras tanto, los demócratas encabezada por Elizabeth Warren está tratando de desmantelar el Americano sistema de libre empresa, el solo sistema en el mundo donde los padres, como los míos, que trabaja duro y actúan conforme a las reglas, puede hacer a sus hijos ellos no tenían. El sueńo Americano será posible de nuevo para ellos si nosotros reducrir los impuestos y las regulaciones para todo el pueblo estadounidense, incluyendo el clase media y la comunidad Hispana, y reducrir el tamańo del gobierno, que reforzará su poder adquisitivo, ayudarles a conseguir un empleo bien remunerado y cumplir todos los sueńos gracias a su esfuerzo.

Como Presidente de los Estados Unidos, yo promoverá la elección de escuela, que dará resultados positivos a los hispanos: los costos de educación más bajos para las familias, incluyendo las familias de inmigrantes de cheque a cheque, la producción de los resultados más altos, por el contrario viven a la educación pública. Se permite a los padres a guiar a sus hijos de las escuelas-funcionando mal asignados por el código postal y les otorgan una mejor educación en otros lugares. Se ampliará las oportunidades para los estudiantes -en particular las minorías (incluida los Hispanos) de bajos ingresos, para asistir a escuelas de alta calidad que de otro modo sólo será accesible a las familias de altos ingresos, lo que les da una oportunidad razonable de éxito y un camino más fácil a la fuerza de trabajo.

Al promover el libre comercio con América Latina, vamos a dar a nuestros negocios, incluyendo las pequeńas empresas hispanas en los Estados Unidos gracias a las oportunidades de idiomas y su fluidez en espańol e inglés, nuevas oportunidades para innovar, para aumentar su competitividad, para llegar a nuevos consumidores, dando a tener acceso a los productos estadounidenses, para crear puestos de trabajo en nuestro país y garantizar su expansión. Gracias a su bilingüismo, los hispanos será dominante entre los importadores, los exportadores, los traductores y los ejecutivos que garanticen un intercambio, cultural y comercial. Y como he dicho, nuestra capacidad de innovación y la competencia proviene de nuestros mercados abiertos, así como nuestra constante búsqueda de nuevos mercados.

Gracias a mi agenda pro-crecimiento para abrir oportunidades económicas para los hispanos y crear puestos de trabajo para ellos, esta gran comunidad ganará las mismas oportunidades que cualquier otro americano.

On November 8 2016, we're going to make history through my election at the presidency of the United States, which will mark the election of a Hispanic at the highest office for the first time in America's history, which will be a great accomplishment for our country and demonstrate once again that America is the land where everything is possible. No wonder that my father used to tell me « En este pais, ustedes van a poder lograr todas las cosas que nosotros no pudimos. » That means « In this country, you will achieve all the things we never could. » And on January 20th 2017 will start an era in which all the American people will achieve all the things those who preceded us never could.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1160 on: September 14, 2017, 11:13:10 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2018, 08:20:47 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to increase his supports from Hispanic and Latino voters, their fellow Hispanic Marco Rubio enjoys the National Hispanic Heritage Month (set from September 15 to October 15 annually) to broadcast an ad in Spanish praising Hispanics' cultural heritage and their contribution to America's diversity and development.

The ad titled « Todos Somos Americanos » airs in North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Illinois, Texas, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, California, Arizona, Oregon, the Washington state and Hawaii

« Todos Somos Americanos » advertisement narration :

Marco Rubio : Los Estados Unidos de América es un gran pais. Gracias a las personas que vienen de todas partes del mundo, contribuyendo a nuestra economia y comunidad. Nuestras culturas tienen mucho en comun.

Como hijo de inmigrantes cubanos, yo sé lo que significa perder derechos humanos come el pueblo de Cuba y el pueblo de Venezuela. Yo sé lo que una de las cosas que los hispanos harán es amar este país y defenderlo. Ellos defenderán la belleza a la maravilla de esta nación y reforzar su carácter estatus como la brillando ciudad en una colina.

Mi visión de America en el futuro cuando los hispanos están un porcentaje muy alto de nuestra población es que nosotros verá enriquecida por su música, su cultura, su alimentaria, su indioma y, sobre todo, su amor por America.

El Mes de la Herencia Hispana es una tiempo a celebrar el sueńo americano. Nosotros felicitamos padres como mios, que vino de Cuba, que trabajaba duro y han abierto sus puertas al sus nińos que les estaban vedadas. Nosotros celebraremos una comunidad donde el número de adultos jóvenes inscribiéndose en la universidad al considerable aumento en los últimos ańos. Saludamos los numerosos hombres y mujeres hispanos de uniforme que están luchando por nuestra libertad en nuestras fuerzas armadas. También recordamos qué felices somos por vivir en un país donde el éxito no se limita por las circunstancias de la vida de cada uno.

Para mi la cultura hispana es muy importante y positiva. Nuestros valores son muy parecidos. Los hispanos contribuyen cada dia mas a nuestra cultura, son parte integral del sueńo americano. Por esos motivos y mas, yo los invito que celevren el Mes de la Herencia Hispana, porque Todos Somos Americanos!

Marco Rubio : Soy Marco Rubio y apruebo este mensaje.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1161 on: September 15, 2017, 08:50:28 AM »

CNN: Jake Tapper Games the Electoral Map
"Marco Rubio is the favorite in the electoral college, based on the latest polls. Real Clear Politics gives him 300 Electoral votes and Senator Warren 231 and Senator Bernie Sanders with 7.

If things remain as they are, here is the electoral map as discussed:

For Senator Warren it's an uphill climb, given Bernie Sanders is running a third party campaign and effectively taking away votes from key Democratic states like Michigan and Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. So the Warren strategy is to look for other states in play; places where Ron Paul is running strong like in Montana, Texas, Alaska and Arizona. One strategy Democrats see is a flipped map. Rubio carries the midwest, while Warren does better in the southwest and mountain western states.

Warren: 292
Rubio: 239

Now if you're having a hard time believing this map, than you're right. The odds of Warren flipping a state like Texas is unlikely, but some Democrats do see a pathway which includes taking Arizona,
 taking Montana, holding Nevada, Michigan. This would get her exactly 270 electoral votes.

However, for Warren this all hinges on her ability to hold the Democratic wall -- states that have voted for the Democrats since 1992. That would be the states of: Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Losing all three is a shut-out, but if she can hold at least two, she has a chance and Democrats see their best options as: Wisconsin and Michigan.

Which if that's the case the Senator would have 257, and would need only one big states like Pennsylvania, Arizona or a collection of smaller states; a New Hampshire and Nevada, Iowa and Montana.

Though all of this is speculation and as the polls suggest right now Senator Rubio is the favorite in the electoral college, but there is a nightmare scenario, a situation where one of the third party candidates performs better than expected.

Right now, Bernie Sanders is likely to win both Vermont and Oregon. It seems unlikely he'll flip another state in his direction, but he could flip a few states from Warren to Rubio, like Oregon and Minnesota, but the same goes for Congressman Ron Paul. He's polling strong in Montana, Nevada,
Arizona and Alaska; and a change in these states from Rubio to Warren could create the nightmare scenario - a deadlocked electoral college, where no candidates wins 270 electoral votes, and seeing the apparent strategy by both Paul and Sanders to actively campaign in strategic states, seems to suggest they could working to prevent both Warren and Rubio from clinching the magic number of 270.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1162 on: September 15, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »

Rubio/Pearcy 2016
A New American Century
Schedule September 15-September 21 2016, Part 2

September 17
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Fundraising event at Aria Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Foreign policy speech at Las Vegas Air Force Station in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Economic policy speech at World Market Center Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Rally with voters at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Small government policy speech in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Boulder City, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Flat tax policy speech in Boulder City, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Henderson, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Immigration policy speech in Henderson, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Economic policy speech at Auto Show Drive in Henderson, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Meet with voters in Sandy Valley, Nevada with Brian Sandoval
-Flight to Tampa, Florida
-Meet with voters in Tampa, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Economic policy speech at the Port of Tampa in Tampa, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Tampa, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Meet with college voters at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida in an effort to attract young voters
-Meet with voters in St. Petersburg, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Supper with voters at Pepo's Cuban Cafe in St. Petersburg, Florida in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Rally with voters at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Meet with voters in Brooksville, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Meet with voters in Arcadia, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Meet with voters in Orlando, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Foreign policy speech in Orlando, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Space policy speech in Orlando, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Meet with voters in Miami, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Iran policy speech in Miami, Florida with Luis Fortuno
-Debate preparation in Miami, Florida

September 18
-Flight to Leesburg, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Leesburg, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Coal policy speech in Leesburg, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Meet with voters in Arlington, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Foreign policy speech at the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia with Lindsey Graham :

So, as we saw, I handily won the Commander in Chief Forum. It demonstrated once again that among the presidential candidates running in this actual election I have the best foreign policy agenda, that I have the best foreign policy ideas, that I'm the most trusted to face our foreign policy challenges, that my plan offers the best path to victory against radical Islamic terrorism and to a non-nuclear Iran and a non-nuclear North Korea and that I'm the most qualified to be Commander-in-Chief. No wonder that my opponents did not get to the top. Their foreign policy agendas all have elements of Barack Obama's weak foreign policy that gut our military, gave us stronger terrorist threat, brought Iran closer to a nuclear weapon and allowed Russia to invade Eastern Europe. In addition of wanting to reduce our military at its smallest size in history, Senator Warren wants to keep handing money to Iran, the biggest state sponsor of global terrorism, through Obama's Iran nuclear deal and to deprive us of the necessary tools to prevent terrorist attacks against the United States and to defeat radical Islamic terrorism. The same goes for Congressman Paul, whose isolationist plan will never get anywhere in this day and age, will withdraw us from NATO and tear up our alliances. That's not the right path for peace and international security because our allies will trust us much less than they do now. It will make our enemies stronger and hand a massive victory to ISIS, Al Qaida, Iran and Vladimir Putin. The United States has kept the peace through our alliances. It makes the world safer and, frankly, it makes the United States safer. We saw it in Korea in the 1950s, in Iraq and Kuwait in the 1990s and in Afghanistan after 9/11. It's partly how we led successful tracks against terrorist leaders like Osama Bin Laden and brought them to justice. As President of the United States, I will work with our allies in Asia, in Europe, in the Middle East, and elsewhere and I will expand our alliances. That's the only way we're going to be able to keep the peace. United we stand. Divided we fall. Not only I will strengthen our alliances, but I will also take care of our veterans, establish a stronger diplomacy based on common interest, modernize and reinforce our military, track and strike terrorists on their territory, arm the right groups in the Middle East through background checks, deprive Iran of the money they need to fund terrorist groups and to build nuclear weapons by abolishing the Iran nuclear deal, make sure that their nuclear energy will be used for economic purposes and establish anti-missile shields that will destroy any nuclear weapon launched against us. The right way to restore peace and stability is strength. That's exactly the path I'm promoting for the sake of international security, peace, freedom and stability.

-Counter-terrorism policy speech at Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Veterans policy speech at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Meet with voters in Manassas Park, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Meet with voters in Alexandria, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Meet with voters in Richmond, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Meet with voters in Norfolk, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-National security policy speech in Norfolk, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Meet with voters in Chesapeake, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Energy policy speech in Chesapeake, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
-Meet with voters in Virginia Beach, Virginia with Lindsey Graham
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1163 on: September 15, 2017, 12:27:51 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2018, 08:24:38 PM by UWS »

Rubio/Pearcy 2016
A New American Century
Schedule September 15-September 21 2016, Part 3

September 19
-Flight to Phoenix, Arizona
-Meet with voters in Phoenix, Arizona with Stephen Pearcy and John McCain
-Fundraising event at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona with Stephen Pearcy and John McCain
-Fiscal responsibility policy speech in Phoenix, Arizona with Stephen Pearcy and John McCain
-Trade policy speech in Phoenix, Arizona with Stephen Pearcy and John McCain
-Immigration policy speech in Phoenix, Arizona with Stephen Pearcy and John McCain
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Phoenix, Arizona with Stephen Pearcy and John McCain
-Marco Rubio appears at a John McCain senate re-election rally at Gila River Arena in Phoenix, Arizona :

Today, we are living difficult times of growing terrorist threat around the world. Our military is smaller, our enemies are stronger, we and our allies are suffering multiplied terrorist attacks and we could face nuclear disasters triggered by Iran and/or North Korea unless we restore American leadership. America's national security will depend on who we will elect as the next Commander-in-Chief but also on the composition of the Senate.

Here, in Arizona, Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick is trying to fool the people of Arizona on how she's qualified to handle national security issues. While U.S. sailors were captured by Iranian armed forces last January, while we saw unsanctioned Iranian missile launches, while this administration sent a secret cash ransom of 400 million dollars to Iran, Ann Kirkpatrick still supports the disastrous Iran nuclear deal which sends 55 billion dollars to the world's largest sponsor of terrorism. She even voted against the Justice for Victims of Iranian Terrorism Act of 2015 that prohibited sanctions on Iran from being lifted until Iran pays court-ruled fines for judgments related to terrorism.

[Crowd boos]

Ann Kirkpatrick and Nancy Pelosi's liberal policies made us weaker as well as an easier target for radical Islamic terrorists. These are the same policies defended by Elizabeth Warren.

But my friend John McCain has a lifetime service as a war hero and fighter pilot in the Vietnam War, where he fulfilled several missions, was captured and tortured by the Viet Cong. As a POW, he refused early release because he refused to encourage communist propaganda. He put his country first. He served in the House of Representatives and then in the Senate where he fought wasteful spending, fought to protect our veterans and fought to make sure that America has all the necessary tools to ensure its national security and freedom, including a stronger military, stronger American leadership and stronger alliances. As Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, John made great contributions in making America stronger and safer. Unlike Kirkpatrick, he's not a partisan hack, he's a straight-talker and always put America first before his own interests. That's why we need to keep our majority in the Senate and reinforce it. With a Rubio Administration and a Republican Congress, we're going to pass the right national security policies that will make sure that America have all the tools to defeat radical Islamic terrorism. That's why I call on you to re-elect Senator McCain for a stronger and safer America.

-Flight to Pewaukee, Wisconsin
-Debate preparation on the plane
-Meet with voters in Pewaukee, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Economic policy speech at Harken headquarters in Pewaukee, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in Waukesha, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Free enterprise policy speech at Generac Power Systems headquarters in Waukesha, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in St. Francis, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in West Allis, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Trade policy speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Small government policy speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Marco Rubio appears at a Ron Johnson senate re-election rally at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin :

As my friend Ron Johnson is facing Russ Feingold in Wisconsin, we have to understand that Wisconsin, just like all the United States of America, deserves better than broken promises, corruption and decline.

Russ Feingold claims he's for seniors, but he voted to increase taxes on social security benefits. He spent the last three decades as a career politician and has a history of breaking his promises. Back in 1992 he promised that he would rely on Wisconsin citizens, not out of staters, to pay for his first senate campaign. But 70 % of Feingold's money has come from out of state interests. He even compared his taxpayer-funded career as a politician to Wisconsinites who actually create jobs. Does it remind you something when President Obama said, four years ago, I quote « If you got a business, you didn’t build that. »

[Crowd boos]

Just like Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren, Russ Feingold is another big government politician who doesn't understand the economy and doesn't know how jobs are created. Throughout his career, he voted time and time again to make life more expensive for families in Wisconsin. He voted 250 times to raise taxes, voted 7 times to raise the debt limit, racking up more on America's credit card bill. What does it all buy? Not your groceries or gas. Feingold voted to spend your tax dollars on bailouts and the Obamacare failure. He claimed it would give the middle class in Wisconsin the biggest tax cut ever. But where is the relief he promised? The people of Wisconsin is still waiting. It's not surprising that Feingold had a 25 % rating from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, meaning he supported pro-business, pro-growth policies in the chamber’s estimation only a quarter of the time while Ron Johnson received a 100 % rating from that chamber. The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) consistently rated Feingold’s voting record on manufacturing policies between 8 percent and 15 percent while Ron has a 100 % rating from NAM. The National Federation of Independent Business routinely gave Feingold low ratings, including 31 percent in 2009, the lowest of all senators that year. On the other hand, Senator Johnson received a 100 % rating from that same organization. That's why Wisconsin can't afford to give Feingold six more years.

Ron Johnson has the experience to encourage job creation. In 1979, he moved to Oshkosh and co-founded PACUR, a company that produces plastic sheet for packaging and printing applications. He created jobs and promoted success and opportunity from operating equipment to keeping the company books to selling products, all the way up to CEO of the growing company. In the Senate, Ron fought four Wisconsin workers, for manufacturers and for taxpayers by voting to cut taxes and regulations and to promote free enterprise. He will keep doing it in a second term. That's why he's asking for your support because when I'm President, we're going to need to have the largest team of pro-growth lawmakers that will pass my policies to create jobs through tax cuts and regulation cuts on all the American people, including the middle class, school choice, budget balance, reduction of government spending, promotion of America's energy independence by taking advantage of our oil, gas, coal, solar, wind and electricity, promotion of America's competitiveness in the world economy by lowering our tariffs, encouraging trade with our partners in the world, reducing our corporate tax rate in half and cutting taxes and regulations on our manufacturing industry and, finally, restoration of America's status as the best place in the world to do business by reducing the fiscal burden on businesses, including small businesses, where most of the jobs in America are created.

On January 20th 2017, you're going to have an administration and a Congress that will work together to put American workers first, to create jobs and to restore America's status as the land of opportunity.

-Meet with voters in West Bend, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Manufacturing policy speech in West Bend, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Foreign policy speech in West Bend, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in Hartford, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Tax policy speech in West Bend, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in Green Bay, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Energy policy speech in Green Bay, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Economic policy speech at Green Bay Packaging headquarters in Green Bay, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in Westby, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in Shullsburg, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
-Meet with voters in Clarno, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan and Ron Johnson
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1164 on: September 15, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2017, 09:09:04 PM by NHI »

General Election Polling: All 50 States

Alabama: Safe R
Rubio: 60%
Warren: 33%
Sanders: <1%

Alaska: Tossup
Rubio: 32%
Warren: 29%
Paul: 20%
Sanders: 12%

Arizona: Likely R
Rubio: 48%
Warren: 43%
Paul: 5%
Sanders: 1%

Arkansas: Safe R
Rubio: 58%
Warren: 35%

California: Lean D
Rubio: 29%
Sanders: 15%
Paul: 7%

Colorado: Lean D
Warren: 37%
Rubio: 30%
Sanders: 13%
Paul: 9%

Connecticut: Likely D
Warren: 49%

Delaware: Safe D
Warren: 50%
Rubio: 39%
Paul: <1%

Washington, D.C.: Safe D
Warren: 60%
Sanders: 30%
Rubio: 9%

Florida: Safe R
Rubio: 55%
Sanders: 3%

Georgia: Likely R
Rubio: 50%

Hawaii: Lean I
Sander: 33%
Rubio: 27%
Warren: 26%
[color=orange:]Paul: 3%[/color]

Idaho: Safe R
Rubio: 59%
Sanders: 4%
Paul: 4%

Illinois: Likely D
Rubio: 41%

Indiana: Likely R
Paul: 3%

Iowa: Lean R
Warren: 34%
Sanders: 14%

Kansas: Safe R
Rubio: 57%

Kentucky: Safe R
Sanders: 5%

Louisiana: Safe R
Rubio: 56%

Maryland: Safe D
Warren: 54%

Massachusetts: Safe D
Warren: 55%
Sanders: 5%

Michigan: Tossup

Minnesota: Tossup
Rubio: 35%
Paul: 6%

Mississippi: Safe R

Missouri: Likely R
Rubio: 50%
Warren: 44%

Maine: Tossup
Sanders: 14%

Montana: Likely R
Paul: 14%

Nebraska: Safe R

Nevada: Lean R
Rubio: 43%

New Hampshire: Tossup
Rubio: 27%
Warren: 27%
Sanders: 22%
Paul: 20%

New Jersey: Likely D

New Mexico: Likely D

New York: Likely D

North Carolina:  Likely R
Rubio: 49%
Sanders: 2%

North Dakota:  Likely R

Ohio:  Likely D
Warren: 44%
Rubio: 39%

Oklahoma:  Safe R

Oregon: Tossup D
Rubio: 34%
Paul: 6%

Ohio:  Lean D
Rubio: 43%

Pennsylvania: Tossup
Rubio: 42%

Rhode ISLAND: Safe D
Warren: 57%
Rubio: 35%
Paul: <1%/[color]

South Dakota:  Likely R

South Carolina:  Safe R
Rubio: 56%
Warren: 36%

Tennessee: Safe R
Warren: 33%

Texas:  Likely R
Paul: 12%

Utah: Safe R
Rubio: 65%

Vermont: Safe I
Sanders: 49%
Rubio: 26%
Warren: 22%

Virginia: Likely D
Warren: 48%
Rubio: 44%
Paul: <1%/[color]

Washington: Lean D
Rubio: 31%
Paul: 7%/[color]

West Virginia: Safe R
Rubio: 54%
Paul: 1%/[color]

Wisconsin: Tossup
Sanders: 13%
Paul: 1%[color]

Wyoming: Safe R
Rubio: 59%
Paul: 2%[color]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1165 on: September 15, 2017, 10:35:22 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2018, 10:13:34 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Andrew Napolitano in Dallas, Texas

Well, Mr. Napolitano, thank you for your arrogance and hypocrisy.

How would Saddam Hussein have kept Iraq together if he keeps killing his own people through his opressive policies? How would he have kept Iraq together if he invaded countries like Kuwait? How would he have kept Iraq together if he granted safe haven to terrorists? There's one thing that you don't understand Mr. Napolitano : Saddam Hussein's Iraq was a safe haven of terrorism.

Saddam Hussein gave refuge to the worst Islamic extremist terrorists. He had given refuge to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a jihadist who was implicated in the millennium plot, which was an attempt to commit bombing attacks against tourist sites in Jordan as well as against the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and the USS The Sullivans in the context of millennium celebrations. After that, al-Zarqawi trained jihadists in Pakistan and Afghanistan. After 2001, he flew to Iraq and Saddam Hussein gave him sanctuary and even rejected requests from Jordan to hand over al-Zarqawi, which proved him to be a sponsor and supportor of terrorism and made Iraq a safe place for jihadists. By that time, he was responsible for the 2005 bombing of three hotels in Amman, Jordan. But after we toppled Saddam Hussein, Iraq was no longer a safe haven for terrorism and we finally killed al-Zarqawi in 2006. But now, by withdrawing our troops from Iraq while our job to train Iraqi troops and to defeat terrorism was not yet completed, the Obama administration allowed ISIS to rise, to conquer a large territory and to commit terrorist attacks around the world. Mr. Napolitano is dead wrong once again because ISIS was also created from a schism with Al Qaida so these people were already terrorists before 2003. If we don't do anything, there can't be good results. We need to defeat that threat and that requires calling the enemy by its name, which is Islamic extremist terrorism and that is something you have failed to do Mr. Napolitano. It also requires tracking terrorists as well as a stronger military and stronger alliances, which is something your partner Congressman Paul wants to tear up. Our alliances always ensured our victory against our enemies and we saw it in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Gulf War, etc.

With all due respect, it is absolutely wrong to claim that we created terrorists. Islamic extremist terrorists killed over 500 Americans before September 11, 2001, in the late 1960s. They have also killed people in Bali, in London. They have launched attacks in Germany.

And let me tell you, Mr. Napolitano, we found and killed Osama Bin Laden because we had a strong military and strong counter-terrorism operations, that's the only reason. Pakistan gave him sanctuary for 10 years and would not have done anything to catch and kill him which is, by the way, why we have to renegociate our relations with Pakistan. If we hadn't declare war on terrorism, if we hadn't went after those who committed the worst terrorist attack against the United States in history, then Al Qaida would have won the war, Bin Laden would have been still alive today, we would have faced much stronger terrorist threat than we are doing today and much more Americans would be dead today.

And no Mr. Napolitano, the last time Iran invaded a country was 30 years ago, not 200 years ago. Let me remind you that they invaded Iraq after being attacked during the Iran-Iraq War and tried to topple Saddam Hussein while we were providing support to Iraq at that time. Unlike President Obama, Senator Warren and Congressman Paul, I will never allow revenues from the lifting of the sanctions from being handed to Iran who will use this money to fund terrorist groups and to build nuclear weapons. A real deal with Iran is to make sure that their nuclear energy and their uranium will be used for Iran's economic growth and job creation there and to increase their people's access to heat, not for military purposes, and that is something that was not included in Obama's Iran nuclear deal and that is something I am proposing. They must put the Iranian people's economic interests and needs first.

No wonder that I got to the top among the four presidential candidates at the Commander in Chief Forum while Congressman Paul finished last because I know what it takes to keep America safe, I have the best foreign policy experience and judgement to handle foreign policy issues and I have the best plan to lead us to total victory against Islamic extremist terrorism. Let's win this fight against global terrorism.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1166 on: September 17, 2017, 03:19:12 AM »
« Edited: September 17, 2017, 03:22:49 AM by UWS »

Rubio/Pearcy 2016
A New American Century
Schedule September 15-September 21 2016, Part 4

September 20
-Flight to Russell Township, Ohio
-Debate preparation on the plane
-Meet with voters in Russell Township, Ohio with Rob Portman and Josh Mandel
-Manufacturing policy speech at ASM International headquarters in Russell Township, Ohio with Rob Portman and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Chardon, Ohio with John Kasich
-Meet with voters in Hambden, Ohio with John Kasich
-Meet with voters in Munson, Ohio with John Kasich
-Meet with voters in Marietta, Ohio with John Kasich
-Energy policy speech in Marietta, Ohio with John Kasich
-Meet with voters in Athens, Ohio with John Kasich
-Economic policy speech in Athens, Ohio with John Kasich
-Meet with voters in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich
-Economic policy speech at Worthington Industries headquarters in Columbus, John Kasich :

Here we are in Ohio, one of the most important states in deciding who will be the next President of the United States. So, before making a choice the people of Ohio has to understand who has the best leadership skills to lead this country in the right direction.

In addition of being a big government politician like President Obama, Elizabeth Warren has selected a running mate who has a terrible record on jobs. During Sherrod Brown’s past decade as a D.C. politician, Ohio lost 590 300 jobs. Here are the factor of this massive loss of jobs during this past decade. First, Senator Brown voted in favor of giving the EPA the authority to regulate energy production. He voted over 35 times in favor of raising taxes on the American people, including the middle class and on businesses, which is damaging the business climate and hampering our businesses' ability to produce, to grow and to hire. He supported Dodd-Frank, which required more stringent consumer financial regulation. Some businesses see these measures as creating bureaucracies that are standing in the way of hiring. It is making big banks bigger because the government made them big by imposing thousands of pages of regulations. Unlike small banks, big banks are able to deal with all these regulations because they have an army of lawyers and compliance officers. As a consequence, big banks got bigger and small banks are struggling to lend or to exist. We have actually created a category of systemically important institutions, and these banks go around bragging about it. You know what they say to people with a wink and a nod? We are so big, we are so important that if we get in trouble, the government has to bail us out. This anti-growth law is eviscerating small businesses and small banks. Over 40 % of small and mid-size banks that loan money to small businesses have been wiped out since Dodd-Frank has passed in 2010, which bankrupted small businesses, killed tens of thousands of jobs and drastically raised the unemployment rate. Dodd-Frank is putting the special interests of Wall Street individuals ahead of the needs of the middle class and our workers. Senator Brown voted against the Small Business Tax Fairness Act of 2000 that reduced taxes and regulations on small businesses and increased the minimum wage and he voted against the JOBS Act of 2012 that cut regulatory burdens on small and medium-sized businesses and made it easier for them to raise capital and create jobs. All this record clearly demonstrates that Elizabeth Warren's economic plan is a job killer.

[Crowd boos]

If we want to grow the economy and create jobs, we have to reduce taxes and regulations for all the American people, including the middle class and lower income Americans, reduce government spending, abolish the IRS and replace it with a 15 % flat tax, ending the War on Coal and getting America to energy independence through increasing oil production and using a part of revenues from oil drilling to invest in the development of renewable energies. We need to reform our education system by promoting school choice, balance the budget, encourage trade around the world in order to ensure America's economic competitiveness around the world through lower tariffs and we're going to make these trade deals fairer for America's workers, including here in Ohio, by cutting taxes on our manufacturing industry and by reducing our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 %, which will bring lost American jobs back home and encourage job creation here in the United States. We also have to make sure that America has the best business-friendly climate in the world and that requires cutting taxes and regulations on businesses, reducing the cost of doing business in this country and abolishing Dodd-Frank in order to give small banks a chance to grow and to loan money to small businesses, which will help small businesses to increase their competitiveness, their productivity as well as their ability to grow and to create good-paying jobs. Because businesses, including small businesses, create jobs, not the government and that is something Senator Warren doesn't understand. She and Senator Brown can't be trusted in handling the economy.

As a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, I know what it takes to relaunch this economy and to boost job creation. That's why the Rubio/Pearcy is the best option for America's future. That's why we call on you to come out and cast your vote for ticket.

Thank you. God bless Ohio and God bless America.

-Trade policy speech in Columbus, Ohio
-Energy policy speech in Columbus, Ohio
-Small government policy speech in Columbus, Ohio
-Balanced budget amendment policy speech in Columbus, Ohio
-Counter-terrorism policy speech at the Defense Supply Center Columbus in Columbus, Ohio
-Rally with voters at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Groveport, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Upper Arlington, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Bexley, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Delaware, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Lancaster, Ohio
-Manufacturing policy speech at Ohio Glass Museum in Lancaster, Ohio
-Economic policy speech at Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum in Lancaster, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Reynoldsburg, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Circleville, Ohio
-Meet with voters in London, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Marysville, Ohio
-Manufacturing policy speech at the Scotts Miracle-Gro Company headquarters in Marysville, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Newark, Ohio
-Economic policy speech at Longaberger headquarters in Newark, Ohio
-Meet with voters in New Albany, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Pataskala, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Heath, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Centerville, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Dayton, Ohio
-Economic policy speech in Dayton, Ohio :

Almost 110 years ago, a man named Pierce Schenck founded an automobile manufacturing business called the Speedwell Motor Car Company here in Dayton, Ohio. Thanks to the ingenuity and hard work of the workers of this company, the Speedwell Motor Car Company was prosperous, created jobs and represented one of the main elements of Dayton's economic strength, of Ohio's economic strength and of America's economic strength until it defunct in 1914.

Today, we've got Elizabeth Warren who doesn't understand the economy. She believes that America has the strongest economy in the world because of government. She is wrong. We have the strongest economy in the world because of hard work and free enterprise. And yet she seeks to pursue President Obama's big government policies that gave us the slowest economic progress in our history. If she's elected, she will do it by increasing taxes and regulations even more, which will increase the fiscal burdens on our people, on the middle class and on businesses. We can't afford four more years of big government because that option will result to a recession and much more companies will suffer the Speedwell Motor Car Company's fate.

On the other hand, if I'm elected, we're going to make America the best place in the world to start and expand a business. We're going to do it by cutting taxes and regulations for all the people, for the middle class and for businesses, which will reinforce our people's purchasing power and increase our businesses' ability to innovate, to expand, to produce and hire. We will also do it by reducing our corporate tax rate 20 % and cutting taxes for our manufacturing industry, which will make our trade deals fairer for American workers, bring our jobs home, boost job creation in America and allow us to pursue our quest for open markets around the world and to grow our economy through expanding trade with our partners and lowering tariffs, which will get us much more international consumers by giving them more access to American products and boost our economy. And by getting to energy independence with the increase of energy production, we will not only create jobs through it but also boost our automobile industry by increasing car manufacturing and lowering the cost of buying an American car. It will give us the advantage in trade deals in the Asia-Pacific region because American cars will become less expensive than Asian cars, thus orienting more international consumers to our cars. That way, businesses as well as workers across America will boost our economy thanks to free market, to their ingenuity and their hardworking and they will be much more successful than the Speedwell Motor Car Company has been.

We are a nation that celebrates success. Senator Warren wants to punish it through her big government agenda. And that's why I'm asking for your vote because I will do everything it takes to make sure that a stronger economy through the promotion of free enterprise and free market will give you the brightest future you will ever know.

-Foreign policy speech in Dayton, Ohio
-Meet with voters in West Chester, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Findlay, Ohio
-Energy policy speech at Marathon Petroleum headquarters in Findlay, Ohio
-Manufacturing policy speech at Cooper Tire & Rubber Company headquarters in Findlay, Ohio
-Meet with college voters at the University of Findlay in Findlay, Ohio in an effort to win among young voters
-Meet with voters in Lima, Ohio
-Coal policy speech in Lima, Ohio
-Foreign policy speech at the Lima Army Tank Plant in Lima, Ohio
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1167 on: September 17, 2017, 08:10:19 AM »

Third Party Candidates Take Center Stage in Debate Battle
Senator Bernie Sanders and Former Congressman Ron Paul are angling to appear in the Presidential debates, despite the prerequisite 15% polling threshold to qualify. Both campaigns have argued given the fractured nature of the election, they should be allowed to participate, and Americans should have a choice, rather than the usual Democrat or Republican options.

CNN/ORC Poll: Should Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul be allowed to participate in the Debates?
Yes: 62%
No: 29%
Unsure: 9%

CNN/ORC: If the Election were held tomorrow, who would you vote for President?
Marco Rubio: 41% (+3)
Elizabeth Warren: 38%
Bernie Sanders: 7%
Ron Paul: 5%
Other: 1%
Undecided: 8%

CNN/ORC: Two-Person Presidential Race: Marco Rubio or Elizabeth Warren?
Marco Rubio: 47% (+2)
Elizabeth Warren: 45%

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1168 on: September 19, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »

Pearcy interview on Special report with Bret Baier

BB:You had some controversy over a speech on foreign policy. How did you react to that?

SP:Well I think they took it out of context I mean the mainstream media who I feel is in the pocket's of the Warren campaign edited that footage and took it out of context to make me look bad.

I had a uncle and cousin who lived through the horrors of the Holocaust and me and Rubio would never in a million years try to do background checks on Muslims like what the Nazis do to Jews. It's sinister

BB:David Duke  a former KKK grand wizard of course around the RNC you might remember this posted a picture of you with a large sort of nose and saying on the top something we can't say on TV.

SP:Well it's unfortunate you know someone in their right mind would target me or hate me over my faith and put me as a devil because of that. I really think Twitter should take a closer look at these anti Semitic users and have their accounts taken down. It isn't free speech it's hate speech.

BB:Moving on Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders could make the way for them to be in the Presidental debate.

Would you be willing to take on Judge Napolitano and Congresswoman Gabbard?

SP:Most certainly. I feel like having a good challenge *laughs* But yes I really think I am reading a few weeks from now to go on that stage to prove to this country I am the best No 2 to offer.

BB:Paul and Sanders has attacked Rubio as the establishment please tell me that isn't the case

SP:Well a lot of people that supported my Presidental campaign who were populist like Donald Trump and Ross Perot support us and our trade deals which include a  negotiation of TPP with if we are elected we will take a look at and see what to do to make it benefit the American people more.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1169 on: September 19, 2017, 05:19:56 PM »

Sanders campaigned in New Hampshire this weeek, attempting to use his proximity and primary victory there to swing it his way. He continued to hammer on the point of Warren's honesty, asking as to why she didn't disclose her cooperation with the DNC. He also hammered Marco Rubio on his platform of tax cuts for the rich, shifting the burden to the middle class, to give even more money to an alrewdy bloated military,  and that the renegotiation of TPP he offered was nothing but an empty gesture and a cynical ploy to win votes; he cited Rubio's vote to fast track the TPP as his main example of this.

Tulsi Gabbard meanwhile, visited protestors of the Dakota Acces Pipeline, and spoke out in support of them, as well as strongly against both the DAPL and Keystone XL, citing a statement that these combined would create less than a hundred permanent jobs, saying:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

After Rubio's bellicose statements, she once again accused him of having no idea what he was sending American sons and daughters into when he voted for wars. Finally, she made a visit to the United Kingdom, where she met with Oppostion Leader Jeremy Corbyn.
Different Republican
Rookie
« Reply #1170 on: September 19, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »

Paul has been campaigning on typically republican or swing states like he has been doing all the campaign, specially in New Hampshire, Arizona, Texas, Alaska and South Dakota, he's been hammering both Rubio and Warren because of their foreign policy and because they are part of the establishment. He's attacks on Marco Rubio were on issues like foreign policy and the TPP, because of he's vote to fast track the TPP.

Paul also talked about the commander in chief forum and called the media biased in favor of Rubio and Warren because they are part of the same old politics.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1171 on: September 19, 2017, 06:40:34 PM »

Schedule for Elizabeth Warren

September 15, 2016

Speech in Juneau, Alaska (With Michelle Obama)

Senator Sanders, I was given the information on you by my staff. If I had known it had come from the DNC, I most certainly would not have used it. And while we are on the subject of the DNC, I asked Debbie Wasserman Schultz to resign as chair when she endorsed me. When Tulsi Gabbard endorsed you, you didn't ask her to resign, and she continued serving as DNC vice-chair. Gabbard is now serving as your running mate, and as DNC vice-chair. How is that not a conflict of interest?

Meet Voters in Sitka, Alaska (With Michelle Obama)

September 17, 2016

Meet Voters in Deerfield, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan)

Meet Voters in Epsom, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan)

September 18-20, 2016

Senator Warren attended the protests at the Dakota Access Pipeline. She was arrested for trespassing, while attempting to mingle with protesters, on orders from the owners of the proposed pipeline (likely because she was the nominee for President of a major political party) on the eighteenth, and pled not guilty on the nineteenth, and was released on $2,000 cash or bond. Her trial date will likely be in late November, assuming President Obama does not pardon her.

September 21, 2016

Meet Voters in Altgen, Pennsylvania (With Joe Biden)

Meet Voters in Parkesburg, Pennsylvania (With Joe Biden)

Meet Voters in Spring City, Pennsylvania (With Joe Biden)

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1172 on: September 19, 2017, 07:37:17 PM »

Statement from the Sanders campaign.

Elizabeth Warren continues to use disingenuous atgacks. The record shows that Congresswoman Gabbard resigned from  the Democratic National Committee to endorse Senator Sanders. Again, Warren's honesty remains questionable.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1173 on: September 19, 2017, 11:09:51 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2017, 09:58:56 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Andrew Napolitano in Billings, Montana

Mr. Napolitano is completely dead wrong on Iran. The last time they invaded a country was thirty years ago, not 200 years ago. After being attacked by Iraq, Iran invaded Iraq. From 1985 to 1987, Iran invaded the east and the north of Iraq and they tried to topple Saddam Hussein. They invaded the Iraqi cities of Qurna and Mehran as well as the Al-Faw Peninsula, the Basra province and the Iraqi Kurdistan. If you read the Ayatollah, if you read the Hezbollah (a terrorist group supported by Iran), they want to invade Israel. They want to wipe Israel off the map. That's why they shouted « Death to Israel ». So if we don't do anything, Iran will invade and destroy Israel and then launch nuclear attacks against the United States and our allies. That's why we need to repeal the Iran nuclear deal to deprive them of the money they use to sponsor terrorism and to develop nuclear weapons and to put in place an anti-missile shield aimed at taking down any missile they launch.

If Saddam Hussein was still in power, Iraq would have been a permanent safe haven of terrorism. I guess that Mr. Napolitano believes that the world is better when Iraq is a safe haven of terrorism. I guess that he would have suggested that we would let terrorists like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi on the run by allowing Saddam Hussein to give them sanctuary and to make Iraq a safe place for terrorists, thus allowing them to use Iraq as a springboard to launch attacks against the United States and to kill Americans.

Unlike this administration, I will arm the right Syrian rebels through background checks in order to make sure we'll arm only anti-terrorist fighters and that we will not arm rebels in disguise.

And Mr. Napolitano, I'm astonished that you haven't found out what freedom of press is and that you launched an offensive against freedom of press. Because the only thing that the media is doing is defending freedom of press as well as freedom of speech. After the Commander-in-Chief Forum, journalists polled people and they noted the opinions of all these people through the expression of their free speech and most people estimated that I made the strongest performance and that, unlike other candidates, I have the best foreign policy plan and judgement to defeat Islamic extremist terrorism and to keep America safe. So the results of the forum was based on the democratic opinion of the American people while the media was only taking it in note, not riging the results. Freedom of press is one of the basic elements of the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States and it's one of the greatest values in such a democracy like America. So shame on you Andrew Napolitano for assaulting freedom of press.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1174 on: September 20, 2017, 12:11:10 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2017, 12:22:13 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Bernie Sanders in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

The Sanders campaign is pursuing inaccurate accusations on my agenda.

First of all, Congresswoman Gabbard, before lecturing me on fighting terrorism, you should have took a look at the record of your partner Bernie Sanders. He has flip-flopped on regime change in Iraq. Let me remind you that before voting against the Iraq War in 2002, Sanders voted in favor of the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, a United States Congressional statement of policy stating that "It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq."

And yes, I know what it is to send troops. It gives us all the necessary arsenal to fight and defeat radical Islamic terrorists on their turf. And it's thanks to a strong military and to strong counter-terrorism operations that we found and killed Osama Bin Laden. Under your administration, we will be deprived of these tools, which will make us unable to fight terrorists and to ever find and catch Abu Bakr-al Baghdadi and defeat ISIS.

And Senator Sanders, it's simply not true to say that my tax cuts will only be on the rich. I will cut taxes on all the American people, including the middle class and lower income Americans, which will reduce their fiscal burden, reinforce their purchasing power as well as consumption (one of the main strengths of our economy), award their hardworking, help them to raise their families and give a better access to education for their kids. I know what it is to live paycheck to paycheck because I lived paycheck to paycheck.

When it comes to free trade, unlike what you said, my alternative version of the TPP is aimed at helping American workers all across the country by making America the best place in the world to do business and to work. The reason why our jobs are shipping is because we have a 40 % corporate tax rate, which is the highest in the industrialized world while Singapore is beating us because that country has the lowest corporate tax rate in the developped world, which is 17 %. That's why we have to reduce our corporate tax rate in half in order to make America much more competitive in the world economy as well as the best business-friendly climate on the globe. By cutting taxes on our manufacturing industry, we will make America a better place for manufacturing businesses and manufacturing workers who will have a lower fiscal burden, which will encourage them to come back so we can bring American manufacturing jobs back home and create further jobs in this sector. My trade agenda will put American workers first. And let me remind you that one of the reasons why Mexico is beating us, especially on auto manufacturing, is that Mexico has free trade agreements with 45 countries while the U.S. has free trade deals with just 20. Exporting to most of the world is easier there than here. Just like Elizabeth Warren, Senator Sanders trusts the government, but I trust the American people as well as free enterprise, the only system that makes everything possible here on the land of opportunity.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies