Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:39:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 124077 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: July 31, 2017, 12:24:30 AM »

I'll be taking over as Brown.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:11:58 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2017, 05:16:41 AM by DKrol »

Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown

Hello, Philadelphia!

(Crowd roars)

Thank you, thank you!

Friends, are you ready to elect the first female President of the United States of America?

(Crowd roars)

That’s the kind of energy we need to win this race. We need committed, dedicated, and energized volunteers out there, knocking on doors, making phone calls, and talking to voters, day in and day out. We need people in field in New Hampshire, and North Carolina, and Florida, and Nevada, and Iowa, and (Brown pauses) - Ohio! (Ohio delegation roars) - and volunteers all over the country to help make sure that we elect Elizabeth Warren as the next President of this great country!

Friends, we need to elect Elizabeth Warren in November. If we don’t, we’re set to go down a dark and unstable path. I say it’s unstable because it would be lead by Marco Rubio, a man who changes his political positions to suit the upcoming election! Rubio was elected in 2010 as a Tea Party Senator, champion of the anti-Obama movement. Then when he decided he wanted to run for President, he tried to move towards the middle and joined the Gang of Eight. Now he’s the Republican nominee and he’s picking up these draconia populist positions from his running mate! His positions over his career are all over the place, swinging from left to right as the favorable political winds are blowing. If we elected him as President, who knows what kinds of policies he’ll try to implement? No one knows, because he keeps changing them!

(Crowd roars)

Senator Rubio’s running mate, Stephen Pearcy, does nothing to help the Republican ticket with stability, calmness, and leadership. Who is this guy? I mean, where has he been over the last twenty, thirty years? He’s been fighting for women, and children, and minorities. He’s been taking on the big banks and fighting for American families. He’s been making sure that the voices of the American people are heard loud and clear by the movers and shakers in Washington. (Brown pauses, confused murmuring in the crowd) Oh wait, that wasn’t Stephen Pearcy - that was Elizabeth Warren! (Crowd roars)

See, while Elizabeth Warren was doing great things in law and academics and politics, Stephen Pearcy was bouncing around from rock band to rock band. He wasn’t even very good at rock music! (Crowd laughs) I went on the Internet to try and figure out where I knew him from, which song he was famous for, and guess what - he’s never been on a Number One album! He’s criss-crossing the country right now, trying to get the American people to believe he’s this successful musician-turned-business who knows how to make money, and it’s all a lie! His last album to sell more than a million records, which is still small by music industry standards, was more than 25 years ago! This isn’t a man we can have waiting in the wings of the Oval Office, getting ready to step into the most powerful position in the world, when he can’t even sell a decent rock album!

(Crowd roars)

Let me tell you something about my friend and running mate Elizabeth Warren, folks. She cares. She cares about people and families from all walks of life. She cares about the poor and the middle class, because she’s been there before. When she was 12 in Oklahoma, her father, a janitor at the Montgomery Ward, had a heart attack. Between the bills from the hospital and the pay cut he received since he couldn’t do the hard manual labor anymore, the family wasn’t able to make the loan payments on their car, and it was repossessed. But the Warren‘s were strong. Elizabeth’s mother, Pauline, got a job at Sears. Elizabeth, when she was 13, was waiting tables to help her family keep afloat.

We’ve all been there folks, when it’s the end of the month and there’s $500 in bills on the counter but only $300 in the bank. We’ve all been there. We’ve all been there, when that check engine light comes on, but you keep driving for weeks, hoping it’s just a faulty light, because a car repair bill would mean you couldn’t put bread on the table. We’ve all been there. We’ve all been there, when you let the cough go unchecked, because you can’t afford the co-pay to see a doctor, or your insurance has expired because you couldn’t make the payments. We’ve all been there.

Elizabeth and I are running for President and Vice President to help the people who worry about paying the bills, who worry about keeping their car, who worry about losing their health insurance. We’re running so that you don’t have to scrape the change from under the couch to make rent! (Crowd roars) We’re running so that everyone can have a way to get to work in the morning that doesn’t involved walking for miles! (Crowd roars) We’re running so that you can see a doctor when you’re sick! (Crowd roars)

Senator Rubio and Mr. Pearcy, they’re running for big business. (Crowd boos) They’re running to give tax breaks to Wall Street. (Crowd boos) They’re running to protect the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the outsourcing the jobs. (Crowd boos) They’re running to turn back the clock of women’s rights. (Crowd boos) Friends, the Republican Ticket is the ticket of the 1916, not 2016! (Crowd roars)

Elizabeth Warren and I will secure a living wage for the American people, because it’s just not fair that there are people in this country making millions of dollars a day, while others struggle to just get by! (Crowd roars)

Elizabeth Warren and I will protect the Affordable Care Act while continuing to work to expand coverage, so that everyone can go see a doctor when they’re sick without worrying about how to pay for it! (Crowd roars)

Elizabeth Warren and I will stand up to the big banks and the Super PACs and Wall Street to make sure that you, the American people, aren’t getting ripped off or cheated, because it’s what we’ve been doing our entire lives! (Crowd roars)

Elizabeth Warren and I are running to fight for you! (Crowd roars)

Ladies and gentleman, Madame Chairwoman and delegates, I proudly and humbly accept the nomination of the Democratic Party for Vice President of the United States of America! (Crowd roars) I accept that nomination alongside Elizabeth Warren, the toughest fighter I have ever seen! (Crowd roars) I accept that nomination because we are here to fight for you! (Crowd roars)

Thank you! Thank you! Let’s go win this thing! Thank you! (Crowd roars)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 10:39:13 PM »

Senator Sherrod Brown spends the week campaigning in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota. He uses his speeches to promote the Democratic Ticket's plan for industrial workers, laying out his opposition to "anti-American free trade" agreements like TPP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies