Clyde/Siren for President/VP • GET OUT AND VOTE!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:45:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clyde/Siren for President/VP • GET OUT AND VOTE!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Clyde/Siren for President/VP • GET OUT AND VOTE!  (Read 5794 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2017, 07:33:46 PM »
« edited: June 12, 2017, 12:19:26 AM by Delegate West_Midlander »

I'm proud to endorse Representative Clyde1998 for the President of the United States of Atlasia.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2017, 07:35:03 PM »

I'm proud to endorse Representative Clyde1998 for the President of the United States of Atlasia.
Thank you Smiley
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 08:12:25 AM »

I thank the Liberal Justice Party for your endorsement. Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »

If it weren't already obvious, this superb ticket will have my support in the June elections; I can't think of anyone better to lead Atlasia through the next four months.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2017, 12:24:52 AM »

While I consider Representative Clyde a great friend of mine, I respectfully rescind my endorsement for President of Atlasia.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2017, 07:10:49 PM »

Endorsed
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2017, 04:20:13 PM »

Swing voter, i must hear about your platform
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »

Endorsed!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2017, 05:30:11 PM »

Swing voter, i must hear about your platform
Welcome to Atlasia. I hope that you enjoy the game. Our platform is based around fairness and making Atlasia more interesting for everyone involved.

A key plank of the platform is to not punish the poorest in society. Everyone should be given a chance to have a successful live in Atlasia. One of my proposals to do this is to reduce taxation on small businesses to provide them with extra resources to grow and to encourage people to set up their own businesses. A tax relief to companies that are in properties with a combined rentable value of less than $35,000 annually, providing a combined saving of roughly $11bn annually for these companies.

Additionally, I wish to introduce an additional rate of corporation tax that would tax companies generating over $100m in revenue, annually. This will ensure that our biggest companies won't be able to avoid tax by moving their profits offshore - as demonstrated by Pfizer between 2010 and 2012, who generated $43bn of revenue in Atlasia but paid no corporation tax. While I haven't determined an exact percentage, a 0.5% tax on revenue above $100bn for all the Atlasian-based companies on the Global 500 list would generate around $42.3bn in additional tax revenue; more than covering the tax relief for small businesses.

Based on the last budget that was passed in Atlasia, we're currently in a budget surplus. This is good, and is something that I wish to maintain. I recognise that since the last budget, there has been a lot of bills past that will have no doubt increased our public spending. However, I believe that any left over from the additional tax on large businesses would cover the increases in public spending that have happened since the last budget and should, hopefully, lead to.

Something that I believe would make the game more interesting is having more official data sources for Atlasia. When I was Game Moderator, I trialled several data sets that would be important in making Atlasia more realistic. A notable example was commodity prices. Re-introducing this would give the government more problems to solve, as a fall in oil prices (as an example) could lead to an increase in unemployment in the oil industry. This may require legislation to help resolve. Modelling GDP figures would allow for the game to simulate recessions; a government response would be crucial in this situation. This should start to make actions within the game more consequential and will lead to more interesting governance. My preferred method of achieving this is to split the current Game Moderation team in two, and create an Office for National Statistics.

On a related point, I note that DKrol has announced his intention to resign from his position as Game Moderator once the new President is sworn in. I thank him for his service as the Game Moderator and I hope he remains active within Atlasia. I have a few people in mind as to who could replace him, but my decision will be based on whoever I believe will produce the best stories and to help inject new life into the game.

On healthcare, I believe that we should revive the Congressional committee to pass the long awaited healthcare reforms. A lot of very good work has gone into this from across the board, and I think that the current problems with the draft legislation could be ironed out to produce a bill that most people in Atlasia will be happy with. It would be a shame to let the draft bill die after all the work that has been put into it.

On environmental policy, I'm hoping to introduce a bill that will provide rebates for energy produced by renewable sources before the end of the current Congressional term. This will start to drive our country away from fossil fuels and towards an energy policy that will transform our energy industry. I also believe that people who's work currently depends on fossil fuels should be offered training to allow them to move into the renewable energy industry or related industries to ensure that they are given an opportunity to find a new job. This should prevent the transition towards renewable energy doesn't come at the cost of people's employment.

To reduce unemployment, my plan is to offer subsidies training for parts of our economy that is suffering from skills shortages. This will allow for people to move into a new industry to find a job, should they be having difficulty finding a job with their current qualifications. Additionally, it will hopefully reduce unemployment across the board by targeting the industries most in need.

If you have any further questions about my platform, feel free to ask. I hope my response will help you in your decision as to who to vote for in the election.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2017, 07:52:36 PM »

If elected,will you create jungle primaries
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2017, 07:28:37 PM »

If elected,will you create jungle primaries
As our electoral system is preferential, I don't believe that we will need to have jungle primaries. A party could run multiple candidates in single-winner races, should it so wish. Generally, the only primaries that occur are Presidential primaries - so introducing jungle primaries would only affect them. In a lot of cases, there's only a single candidate from a party anyway (even before the conventions).
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 03:46:23 PM »

Over the past few months, Siren and I have created a number of bills that have been passed by Congress that seek to make Atlasia a better place and seek to improve our international relations.

A prime example of this was a very simple bill that I proposed to Congress that ratified Montenegro's membership of NATO. This bill was passed unanimously by Congress. This simple bill ensures our commitment to NATO and helps keep our allies safe by ensuring that we wish to help them grow. Montenegro has become the 29th member of NATO and third former Yugoslav nation to join the organisation. Currently, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia and Macedonia are in the application process to become members and, if elected President, I will do my up most to assist them in becoming members of the organisation to ensure their protection and to affirm our friendship to them.

A bill that is still making its way through Congress is the Atlasian Regional Powers Commission Act. Should this bill pass, a commission would be set up to look into regional powers and draw a dividing line between what's a regional power and what's a federal power. I understand concerns that people have about the potential that this commission could fall inactive; if elected, I will do everything in my power to ensure that this reaches its conclusion. This is my commitment to the regions that they will not be forgotten about and can become an highly important aspect of Atlasian politics.

Another bill that I created was the Baby Box Act, which again hasn't completed its path through Congress, but I hope can be completed soon. This is another simple bill that will provide basic necessities to families with new born children that they may be unable to afford otherwise, assisting the parents in giving their child the best possible start to their life. Atlasia, unfortunately, has one of the highest infant mortality rates in the OECD, but this bill attempts to make a difference to reduce this. Finland has successfully introduced this scheme and is a major component of their healthcare and welfare system. I hope that this scheme can have the same level of affect in Atlasia as it has in Finland.

On top of this, the Employee's Rights Act was a major piece of legislation that unified a large amount of our employment laws and made it clearer what rights employees have in the work place. Given the extent of this bill, I was willing to listen to people's concerns with this and make amendments to resolve people's issues with this. This bill passed Congress without a vote in opposition to it.

Siren created a bill that resolves a large amount of our immigration issues and seeks to address the root cause of illegal migration to Atlasia. The Come Out of the Shadows Act provided solutions to these problems and was passed by Congress after a fantastic cross-party effort. Some of the resolved issues were keeping families together, ensuring that there was a clear pathway for undocumented residents to obtain Atlasian citizenship and providing funds to foreign development projects to give people more opportunities in their place of origin.

This is just a few of the things that we have managed to do in Congress and if we are elected this weekend, there's more that we can do. We've proposed bills and worked with others to provide solutions to problems that have arisen. On top of this, I assisted Lincoln with their budget which was passed earlier this year.

If we are elected to executive office, we will keep fighting for people's rights and assisting our international partners. That is a future that we can all look forward to.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 04:42:23 PM »

Endorsed.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »

If it weren't already obvious, this superb ticket will have my support in the June elections; I can't think of anyone better to lead Atlasia through the next four months.
I thank you all for your endorsements. Smiley
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2017, 05:21:28 PM »

Good luck (you probably need it). The game is not in great shape and you have proposals to try to improve the situation, for example regarding the cabinet and for regions. I know it doesn't matter for votes but at least you made the effort to have an active public campaign explaining some policy proposals.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2017, 12:08:14 AM »

Polls have now opened for this months Federal Election.

Throughout this campaign, I've cited my plan to make the regions more powerful, made a couple of proposals that would attempt to make business taxation fairer, outlined what I would like to see from the GM department, talked about how cabinet should be changed to make the roles more important within the game and brought forward a plan as how to tackle unemployment. Over the last few months, Siren and I, have created bills that seek to make Atlasia a better place.

The next 72 hours will determine the direction of Atlasia for the next four months now lies in the hands of the voters. Please vote for myself and Siren to become the next President and Vice President of Atlasia.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »

Lel. Good luck, you are going to need it. XD
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to: