Clyde/Siren for President/VP • GET OUT AND VOTE!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:33:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clyde/Siren for President/VP • GET OUT AND VOTE!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Clyde/Siren for President/VP • GET OUT AND VOTE!  (Read 5781 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2017, 07:18:16 AM »
« edited: June 23, 2017, 12:08:28 AM by Clyde1998 »

Huge thanks to Simossad for this logo

Friends, today I must tell you that I am a candidate for the June Presidential election. Along with a vice presidential nominee, Siren, I believe that Atlasia can become a more progressive nation where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in life.

While I have just been elected to the House of Representatives, and I thank everyone for their vote, I'm stepping forward and running for the White House. As President, I will be at the centre of Atlasian politics, to ensure that all levels of the game are active and working well.

In my next term as a Representative, I'm going to sponsor a couple of bills that will seek to create commissions on finding the best system of government for Atlasia and on regional powers. If elected President, I will seek to implement to findings of the commissions.

Another key aim is to increase equality in society. I believe that this can be done by providing opportunities to lower income workers to enable them to achieve their potential.

Additionally, I will seek to build upon the environmental policies that I brought forward in my House campaign, aiming to see at least 35% of our energy produced by renewable means by the end of my second term.

On top of this, I would like to start the transition towards a single payer healthcare system, that will reduce the cost of healthcare for the poorest in our nation.

In the next few weeks and months, I will be releasing more detailed policies to make it clear what you will be getting with me as President and Siren as Vice President.

Atlasia: I believe that now is the time for government to work for the people. I believe that now is the time for fairness in our society. I believe that now is the time to start an environmental revolution. I believe that now is the time for strong regions. I believe that it's time for cheaper healthcare.

I believe it's time for a Clyde presidency.

Endorsements
Peebs (Lab) - Representative, Registrar General, Secretary of Federal Elections
NeverAgain (Lab) - Southern Governor
SJoyce (Lab) - Southern Senator
OneJ (Lab) - Representative
CXSmith (Lab) - Lincoln Speaker
Simossad (Lab) - Representative
Barnes (Lab) - former At-Large and Midwest Senator
Dr Novella (Lab) - Fremont Parliamentarian
Winfield (Ind) - former Northeast Governor
LongLiveRock (Lab) - Fremont Senator
JustinTimeCuber (Lab) - Southern Delegate
Mike Wells (Lab) - Lincoln Governor
Kingpoleon (Ind) - former Northeast Governor and United Alternative chair
Adam Griffin (Lab) - former President
Evergreen (Oth) - former Representative
JGibson (Lab) - Lincoln Speaker and Lt. Governor
Lok1999 (Lab) - Lincoln Legislator
Maxwell (Oth) - former Midwest Governor and At-Large Senator
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »

I was considering a bid myself, but hey, at least I can run for re-elex in June. Wink

Endorsed, and might I add, a solid VP choice. Would have picked her myself.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 08:56:40 AM »

Clyde is one of the staunchest and hardiest freedom fighters in the game, and with both Siren, a great Senator (and person). I am extremely excited to this duo in action!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:14:52 AM »

Well, uh, congrats on having the guts to take on DFW. I look forward to seeing him defeat you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 09:27:55 AM »

Candidate Clyde, what is your stand on the issue of

"decriminalization of Cocaine and other drugs" (direct quote)

which is supported by and is being put forward by your opponent dfwlibertylover?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »

There is no candidate who better understands the needs of the Atlasian people, and no candidate more capable of addressing the very serious crises we face. You will make an outstanding President.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 09:45:55 AM »

Well, uh, congrats on having the guts to take on DFW. I look forward to seeing him defeat you.
Theme song of the Clyde/Siren campaign.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »

Candidate Clyde, what is your stand on the issue of

"decriminalization of Cocaine and other drugs" (direct quote)

which is supported by and is being put forward by your opponent dfwlibertylover?
I think that it's a dangerous road that the President is taking the country down. Cocaine is one of the most addictive drugs on our streets and has some terrifying side affects. I don't want to see increases in people suffering heart attacks, with mental health problems or worse. Cocaine users are also known to move to heroin, another terrible drug, once to dull their cravings.

I feel that people that are already addicted to cocaine, and similar drugs, should have a safe place where they can reduce their intake in a controlled manner without causing serious withdrawal symptoms and should be limited to rehabilitation centres. Here, staff can monitor patients to ensure that they drop the drug for good and to help them get their lives back on track. This is the only place in our country where people should have the ability to take the drug without fear of penalty, and that's so they can slowly withdraw from the drug.

Drugs, such as cocaine, are illegal for a reason. They're dangerous and should have no place on our streets. People may say that they should have the choice to decide what goes in their body, but the first responsibility of the government is the safety of their citizens and I feel that the President is neglecting his duty in this area if he believes this is a good idea.

I seriously hope that Congress opposes any move to make cocaine and, similar drugs, legal. It would be awful for society to allow that to happen.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 10:15:11 AM »

Endorsed!

I also agree with your stance on decriminalization of cocaine.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »

Endorsed.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 11:20:01 AM »

I was considering a bid myself, but hey, at least I can run for re-elex in June. Wink

Endorsed, and might I add, a solid VP choice. Would have picked her myself.
Clyde is one of the staunchest and hardiest freedom fighters in the game, and with both Siren, a great Senator (and person). I am extremely excited to this duo in action!
There is no candidate who better understands the needs of the Atlasian people, and no candidate more capable of addressing the very serious crises we face. You will make an outstanding President.
Endorsed!

I also agree with your stance on decriminalization of cocaine.
Thanks for the endorsements everyone! Smiley
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 11:21:32 AM »

Endorsed (needless to say)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 11:28:20 AM »

Thank you. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 12:06:18 PM »

What an exciting ticket! This rightist administration is a bankrupt of ideas and solutions for the working man and average Atlasian and must be replaced with a truly progressive government!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »

What an exciting ticket! This rightist administration is a bankrupt of ideas and solutions for the working man and average Atlasian and must be replaced with a truly progressive government!
DFW is one of the most liberal Federalists you could hope for and is doing a pretty good job as President. However, I'm still allowed to endorse this ticket wholeheartedly.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »

I want to thank Clyde for giving me the chance to be his running mate.  I'm so excited to join him on this new journey to wherever it may take us!

Ever since I started this game, I've always cared most about three things: the first one is supporting issues that help those of us who need it most... the poor, the hungry, the victims of violence and discrimination.  The second is being active and formulating serious, detailed policy.  Third is staying true to myself.  I like to think I've been able to do that, and I hope you all agree.

As I've worked with Clyde and watched his progress thus far in Atlasia, I'm happy to say that he checks all of those boxes and more.  He's spearheaded comprehensive legislation to protect Atlasian workers, disabled people, and students, ensuring that we aren't overworked and oppressed by our employers.  He's authored a bill to provide resources for families with newly born babies because no baby should be without a blanket in Atlasia.  He's opposed nuclear proliferation and supported peace around the world. 

Clyde is so passionate about these issues that he's even drawn up policies and participated in Senate debates as an ordinary citizen, even when he hasn't been in office - that's more dedication than some people have shown when actually in office!  I know that as president, Clyde will be a fighter for the working class and the voiceless.  He'll be active to ensure Congress is passing good legislation.  I know this because I've seen his passion and how much he cares about Atlasia.  And that's why I can't wait to support him in any way I can on this campaign and eventually in the White House.  Clyde is the breath of fresh air that we deserve and the leader that we need.  I hope we can earn your votes over the coming months.  Thanks for listening!
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 01:31:23 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »

I am pleased and proud to enthusiastically endorse and support Clyde for President and Siren for Vice President, who are, by a country mile, the most well qualified candidates in this election.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »

Hell yeah! Endorsed!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 02:36:34 PM »

I am pleased and proud to enthusiastically endorse and support Clyde for President and Siren for Vice President, who are, by a country mile, the most well qualified candidates in this election.
Thank you. Smiley
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »

Super-endorsed
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 03:04:27 PM »

Thank you guys! Smiley
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 05:06:34 PM »

Obviously endorsed. As someone who has worked with Clyde before back when he was instrumental in forming a budget for Lincoln, I can say that he will know what he is doing as president. I was impressed by his competency then and I am confident that his abilities will continue to impress us if he is elected.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »

None of these candidates are good, but I will keep an open mind towards this ticket.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 09:30:16 PM »

Drugs, such as cocaine, are illegal for a reason. They're dangerous and should have no place on our streets. People may say that they should have the choice to decide what goes in their body, but the first responsibility of the government is the safety of their citizens and I feel that the President is neglecting his duty in this area if he believes this is a good idea.

By keeping drugs illegal you make them more dangerous and achieve precisely the opposite of your intention.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies