Donald Trump brags that he got highest ratings since 9/11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:00:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump brags that he got highest ratings since 9/11
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Donald Trump brags that he got highest ratings since 9/11  (Read 1326 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »
« edited: April 24, 2017, 01:29:01 PM by Senator PiT, PPT »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-9-11-approval-ratings-interview-who-with-first-100-days-us-president-world-trade-center-a7698516.html

Donald Trump boasted that his “ratings” were higher than broadcasts of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in an interview about his first 100 days in the White House.

In an interview with the Associated Press, the President railed against the “fake media”, former rival Hillary Clinton and the election during which he lost the popular vote.

When asked if he thought he had changed how people vote, Mr Trump pointed to his “very high ratings”, claiming they increased by two or three times when he appeared on the Sunday morning shows.

He highlighted Chris Wallace’s Fox News show.

“It had 9.2 million people. It’s the highest they’ve ever had. On any, on air, [CBS’ John] Dickerson had 5.2 million people,” he said.

“It’s the highest for ‘Face the Nation’ or as I call it, ‘Deface the Nation’. It’s the highest for ‘Deface the Nation’ since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It’s a tremendous advantage.”
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 09:07:26 AM »

Because nothing says patriotism like saying you're more popular than one of our nation's greatest tragedies.

Seriously though, when did Republicans suddenly become the unpatriotic party? Maybe they always were and I just never noticed it. Not to say Democrats weren't patriotic, but that was one of the GOPs things. No more can they claim they're a party of patriots.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:09:51 AM »

Because nothing says patriotism like saying you're more popular than one of our nation's greatest tragedies.

Seriously though, when did Republicans suddenly become the unpatriotic party? Maybe they always were and I just never noticed it. Not to say Democrats weren't patriotic, but that was one of the GOPs things. No more can they claim they're a party of patriots.

Yeah, this is pretty ghastly, but it's standard for Trump at this point. It's all about him, and it doesn't matter how everything else falls into context.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:12:31 AM »

One of the things that bothers me most about this is that his supporters will either think he's right or just not care.

Now if Obama or Hillary had something something like this...."LOCK THEM UP!"
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 09:13:36 AM »

Very fitting, since he's probably going to be an even bigger and more costly disaster for the United States.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 09:15:42 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2017, 09:48:23 AM by Torie »

Again, Trump is a [contemptible person], but you people (and the Independent UK) have some serious reading comprehension issues.  He said.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

[Post modified by Torie to exorcise naughty word]
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 09:23:38 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2017, 09:47:10 AM by Torie »

Again, Trump is a ..., but you people (and the Independent UK) have some serious reading comprehension issues.  He said.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nah, not reading comprehension. I just don't give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 09:27:25 AM »

But he's said and done SOOOO much horrible sh**t, why focus any attention at all on something so clearly NOT true at just a glance?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 09:36:06 AM »

He's demonstrating once again that he has mental issues.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM »

But he's said and done SOOOO much horrible sh**t, why focus any attention at all on something so clearly NOT true at just a glance?

Well, everything else doesn't bother his followers, so I'm grasping at straws?

But he does sort of allude to having higher ratings, so while it's not directly saying that outright, it is hinting at it.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 09:43:38 AM »

We all know he didn't actually stop watching CNN and MSNBC.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »

But he does sort of allude to having higher ratings, so while it's not directly saying that outright, it is hinting at it.
No, he said "since".  He wasn't hinting at anything.  Yeah, it's a low class move to bring up 9/11 when you're bragging about something, but he didn't say his ratings were higher and he didn't hint at it either.  The Independent UK read that into it and you ran with it.  It's not like he said he was "more popular than Jesus right now" or something.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »

No, he said "since".  He wasn't hinting at anything.  Yeah, it's a low class move to bring up 9/11 when you're bragging about something, but he didn't say his ratings were higher and he didn't hint at it either.  The Independent UK read that into it and you ran with it.  It's not like he said he was "more popular than Jesus right now" or something.

I won't argue about interpretations but saying "I'm more popular than Jesus" is something I can totally believe Donald Trump would say--and his supporters would eat it up no doubt.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »

He knew Dems would be #triggered.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 10:37:14 AM »

Personally, I'm triggered more by the false headline (which granted came from the site) than Trump's actual statement, assuming it's true.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »

No, he said "since".  He wasn't hinting at anything.  Yeah, it's a low class move to bring up 9/11 when you're bragging about something, but he didn't say his ratings were higher and he didn't hint at it either.  The Independent UK read that into it and you ran with it.  It's not like he said he was "more popular than Jesus right now" or something.

I won't argue about interpretations but saying "I'm more popular than Jesus" is something I can totally believe Donald Trump would say--and his supporters would eat it up no doubt.

It's what the John Lennon said about the Beatles. People got upset over it, and like this it was an incredibly petty thing to get worked up over.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-9-11-approval-ratings-interview-who-with-first-100-days-us-president-world-trade-center-a7698516.html

Just when you think he might be toning it down a little...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 07:09:13 AM »

It's like some people don't read threads.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »

I merged that in from a redundant thread, so in his defense the post wasn't actually made in the context of this thread.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »

I merged that in from a redundant thread, so in his defense the post wasn't actually made in the context of this thread.
ahhh, my mistake. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies