Office Of Representative Simossad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:21:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office Of Representative Simossad
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office Of Representative Simossad  (Read 1173 times)
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2017, 04:15:22 PM »
« edited: April 28, 2017, 09:37:57 AM by Representative simossad »

O F F I C E    O F
R E P R E S E N T A T I V E   S I M O S S A D

L A B O R  -  M I N N E S O T A

O F F I C E S   H E L D

Member of the People's House of Representatives
since February 2017

Policy Chair of the Labor Caucus in the People's House of Representatives
since February 2017

Member of the Fremont Legislative Assembly
January 2017 - February 2017

M E M B E R S H I P S

Labor Party
Populist Faction of the Labor Party
Rainbow Labor

C U R R E N T   E N D O R S E M E N T S

Clyde / Siren for President
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:32:26 AM »

P R E S S    S T A T E M E N T

Recent developments on the "The Rent Is Too Damn High"-Act

Dear friends, fellow Atlasian citizens. It is now official that the "The Rent Is Too Damn High"-Act, which was introduced by me and supported by the Labor caucus, will not have a majority in the house. Two measures that work perfectly well in other countries are being shut down without a real debate. While I respect the opinion of the honorable representatives and their opinions, I do want to make clear on the other hand, that this way of working is not acceptable for the House of Representatives. We can debate about everything, but remaining silent for the duration of two whole weeks to finally vote against a piece of legislation is not the way we should deal with new bills. I want to underline that, before the final vote started, not a single concern was raised by the members of the house majority.

This was a political defeat for us which was caused by unfair means. But I accept the opinion of the House, and I look forward on working hard on other pieces of legislations that address the issue of affordable housing, a political topic which has been ignored for too long and which has now made a comback into our political debate. I am willing to make compromises on this issue, which is my duty as a representative, but we all have to accept that the status quo is not bearable, and that we need to make efforts that make it possible that people in this country who work hard are able to pay their rents.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:07:10 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2017, 12:01:58 PM by Representative simossad »

Drear friends and colleagues.

When I registered in this game a few months ago, I decided to run for the Assembly in Fremont. I was new to ge game, I had no experience, but I had a mission, which was to help and support a region which had a major problem and which disturbed the flow of this game heavily. I believe that we altogether had success in reviving Fremont and to make the political procedures work again. Two months later, I was elected to the House of Representatives, bringing the motivation and the new and fresh ideas from Fremont to the federal level. The fact that I was re-elected a few weeks ago is a proof for me that I did a decent job in the house. From the start of my political career until now, I have never had any doubts that I fit into the Labor Party. Despite the fact that American politics is way different that the political traditions and the issues that I am used to here in Germany, the basic principle of this fictional party and the German social democrats is to ensure that everyone has the same chances for their lives.

I always tried to be an active and motivated voice in every legislature I was elected to. But now, times have dramatically changed. A few months ago, the Labor party called and invited me to work for and with them. Now, the real political world calls and offers me a great opportunity. A few weeks ago, our social democratic representative in our state parliament officially endorsed me to our regional party executives to be her successor in our next state parliament election. Yesterday, I have finally decided that I gratefully accept the offer and that I will be the SPD's candidate in the 2021 election in Rhineland-Palatinate in our constituency.

This is an important step for me, and a step that needs a lot of effort and motivation. A huge factor that left me struggling with my possible run is my still existing mental disease am I fighting with. If I want to achieve both: to win the trust and the support of our regional party to elect me as their next candidate AND to beat my mental disorder, I will not have the time to be involved in Atlasia's political process as well.

I hereby announce that I will resign from the house once the representatives start to vote on the current affordable housing bill.

The time in the game was a time of enjoyment and fun, I want to thank everyone who supported me in the last months. I want to thank Prime Minister Truman who has supported me during and after my time in Fremont's regional political process, I want to thank Blair who has encouraged me to run for the house, and I want to thank everyone I have worked together with, and these people were RFayette and 1184AZ in Fremont and Peebs, OneJ (who has a great potential and who should be supported by the Labor party in every possible way), Drew, Clyde1998 and all the Feds, especially Pessimistic Antineutrino and our great Speaker North Carolina Yankee, on the federal level. I wish everyone of you, and everyone who is motivated to be involved in Atlasia, the success you deserve.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for everyone who had to endure my improvable English grammar Tongue
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:12:19 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2017, 09:44:24 AM by Peebs »

Congrats and good luck, simossad. It's been a pleasure.

RIPreebs.

Also, if you're gonna be correcting your grammar, 1184 is not 1488.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 11:08:53 AM »

Wow congratulations!!! Hopefully we can meet in real life sometime as USA-German political partners or something to that extent Smiley
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 11:54:48 AM »

Wow! What a great and well-deserved honor! It has been a true honor to work with you in the limited role I have. You will make an AMAZING Representative!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »

Congratulations  Simossad it was a truly an honor working with you in both Fremont and Atlasia. I thank you for your great contributions to this game and  wish you the best of luck in the future.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 02:03:39 PM »

Congrats, simossad. It's been an honor and a privilege to work with you in the House, even for such a short time.

Best of luck on your future endeavors. Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »

wow, that is amazing!

While we never really got much of a chance to interact in Atlasia, I truly am happy for you, and wish you the best of luck in this new chapter in your life!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »

Congratulations on the great RL news, and thank you for your in-game contributions. I wish you good luck in your endeavors.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 07:47:39 PM »

Congratulations Simossad!

You have been a tremendous colleague during your time in the House with me and all the others. I can confirm that you absolutely deserve to take part of the great future that awaits you. Farewell and I hope that you go far! Smiley
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 09:39:21 AM »

Congratulations on your selection Simossad! It's been clear since you've joined the game that you'll go on to great things and if you get elected, you'll make a great member of your state legislature. You've shown that you're willing to work across the aisle and that you've got some brilliant suggestions that I hope could be implemented at some point in your state, or even at a federal level in Germany.

I wish you the best of luck in the future. It's been a pleasure to work with you.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 05:21:11 AM »

Thank you all for your overwhelming support. I have decided to resign immediatelyto clear the path for another motivated Atlasian to enter the People's House of Representatives.

As for me, the next years will be a hard and stressful time for me, but also a joyful and rewarding one. I am not a career politician - I still go to school and I want to go to university afterwards. But the election is in four years, and a lot of hands will have to be shaken. Exhausting phases will be followed by restful phases. Atlas and Atlasia will not lose me - my last contribution in this game will be a new and fresh representative for you.

Thank you all!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies