For lefties only: more evil, traditional conservatives or libertarians?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:19:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  For lefties only: more evil, traditional conservatives or libertarians?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Which one is more evil?
Traditional conservatives

Libertarians

Equally evil

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: For lefties only: more evil, traditional conservatives or libertarians?  (Read 2361 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2017, 08:50:32 PM »

Considering these two groups, which one do the lefties here in this forum consider worse?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »

I hope few lefties consider the likes of either evil. Of course, the edgy left trio of Maxwell, Antonio V, and Scott will probably pick this apart, though.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 01:55:38 PM »

Clearly traddies
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »

I hope few lefties consider the likes of either evil. Of course, the edgy left trio of Maxwell, Antonio V, and Scott will probably pick this apart, though.

Eh?  I'm not sure how myself, Maxwell, Antonio fit into any kind of "trio."  We're each very different people apart from the fact that we all fit somewhere on the left spectrum.  "Edgy?"  I don't think that word applies to any of us, really.  I like to shtpost here sometimes, yes, but that's mostly for my own amusement, especially when I'm on my bad days.

If you were expecting us to post sage effortposts or whatever about what 'evil' is, you certainly won't be getting one from me.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 02:27:55 PM »

Neither are 'evil', but I like Libertarians more.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 02:36:50 PM »

Libertarians are a much, much worse evil. At least some traditional conservatives mean well, and are outside of the top 1%.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 02:46:32 PM »

I prefer somebody who worships Yahweh or what have you than somebody who worships mammon.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »

I identify as a moderate true conservative libertarian with a populist streak.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »

depends.

in the ideal version libertarianism would be worse.....

in reality, issue for issue question.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 03:35:10 PM »

Eh?  I'm not sure how myself, Maxwell, Antonio fit into any kind of "trio."  We're each very different people apart from the fact that we all fit somewhere on the left spectrum.  "Edgy?"  I don't think that word applies to any of us, really.  I like to shtpost here sometimes, yes, but that's mostly for my own amusement, especially when I'm on my bad days.

If you were expecting us to post sage effortposts or whatever about what 'evil' is, you certainly won't be getting one from me.

You three all:
1. Regularly make long posts.
2. Have a hatred of me for some reason.
3. Have similar reactions to things.
4. Make similarly stupid comments.

I'm not quite sure how people with such different PM scores all have such similar styles.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »

Neither are necessarily "evil", but the libertarian worldview (especially in its softcore, stylistically "moderate Smiley Smiley Smiley" form) is much more dangerous, social conditions being what they currently are.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 03:53:24 PM »

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 04:00:12 PM »

You three all:
1. Regularly make long posts.
2. Have a hatred of me for some reason.
3. Have similar reactions to things.
4. Make similarly stupid comments.

I'm not quite sure how people with such different PM scores all have such similar styles.

1. Most of my posts are like, two sentences.  A paragraph at most.
2. Speaking for myself at least, I don't hate you and I don't know where you got the impression that I do.
3. I'm not quite sure what this means but each of us live very different lives and we don't all agree on the same things.
4. Um, okay?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »

Assuming that I count as leftists, which obviously I shouldn't but whatever, I would have to say  nationalistic right-populism is worse than either of these two.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »

I think some people are confusing 'libertarian' with plutocrat. When I think libertarian, the image of a guy at the college student activities fair pushing the Political Compass on people comes to mind. Plutocrats are not libertarians by any means, for instance they'll gladly accept corporate welfare.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »

The ones who smile when gay kids commit suicide.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 09:39:37 PM »

All that and a bag of chips.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »

In what world does this describe a significant portion of traditional conservatives?

Its something of an exaggeration, but american social conservatism is built upon hurting people who are different, tends to be horribly racist, etc. Doesn't help that they tend to have as bad or worse attitudes about the poor as libertarians(who are often more naive as to what actually helps people then bad people)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »

In what world does this describe a significant portion of traditional conservatives?

Its something of an exaggeration, but american social conservatism is built upon hurting people who are different, tends to be horribly racist, etc. Doesn't help that they tend to have as bad or worse attitudes about the poor as libertarians(who are often more naive as to what actually helps people then bad people)

Ya think?  Also, have you ever met any real life liberals, dude?!  Plenty of racist ones.  Or are they "socially conservative" on that issue?  LOL, GMAFB.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 10:25:20 PM »

Ya think?  Also, have you ever met any real life liberals, dude?!  Plenty of racist ones.  Or are they "socially conservative" on that issue?  LOL, GMAFB.

I never claimed that there isn't a chunk of the left that is really bad about race. But this topic isn't about the left. It's about the right. I know quite a lot of liberals, and the liberals who are regressive about race are not as bad about it as many dedicated conservatives, with some exceptions(Seth Macfarlane comes to mind). A significant chunk of republicans in office are pretty openly racist. The current republican president won partially by catering to racist sentiments.

PS: Never call me "dude".
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 12:52:46 AM »

As someone who is a social conservative and knows many, none of what your say is true.  Please leave your hyperbole elswewhere.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 01:06:31 AM »

Neither are necessarily "evil", but the libertarian worldview (especially in its softcore, stylistically "moderate Smiley Smiley Smiley" form) is much more dangerous, social conditions being what they currently are.

This.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 01:07:46 AM »

american social conservatism is built upon hurting people who are different, tends to be horribly racist, etc.

You are right, but the exact same can be said American economic conservatism. And they have been far more successful in hurting people.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 01:44:04 AM »

american social conservatism is built upon hurting people who are different, tends to be horribly racist, etc.

You are right, but the exact same can be said American economic conservatism. And they have been far more successful in hurting people.

This is because social conservatism ultimately just wants people rewarded for good things for the right reasons and doesn't instantly or apathetically accept whatever the hell label or identity is given and then attack everyone else for not being so instant.

Economic conservatism/libertarianism rewards people for success regardless of the ways in which they get it.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies