AMA: Scarlet edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:00:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AMA: Scarlet edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AMA: Scarlet edition  (Read 548 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:34:00 PM »

Because why not? apart from it being completely unearned and self-indulgent, of course
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 06:42:03 PM »

Have your views changed in any way since you were last here?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 06:53:57 PM »

Are there cacti in your yard?

Do you live in a house with 4 or more bedrooms?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 07:04:49 PM »

Welcome back!

What other websites do you frequent?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »

Have your views changed in any way since you were last here?

That's a good question, which gets even harder because IIRC, I've never been super clear about my philosophy on atlas(parts of it have been made very clear, but e.g. I haven't really talked about economics too much, and what I have talked about is parts of other leftist's ideas that anger me.) I don't think my deep-down philosophy has changed too much, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the more surface elements that usually show have changed significantly.

Are there cacti in your yard?

Do you live in a house with 4 or more bedrooms?

No to the first, though they aren't uncommon around here. To the second, my house has exactly four bedrooms, though they aren't very big.

What other websites do you frequent?

I read www.cracked.com some and watch a lot of youtube.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 01:28:09 AM »

What would have happened if (a) Boadicea had been the daughter of Edward the Confessor? (b) Canute had succeeded in sitting on the waves? Does it matter?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 08:35:31 AM »

What would have happened if (a) Boadicea had been the daughter of Edward the Confessor? (b) Canute had succeeded in sitting on the waves? Does it matter?

A) no idea
B) we'd have a new religion on our hands(thanks google)

This matters because it might have been beef that was banned instead of pork.

Well, they tend to have a simplistic worldview which boils down to "us vs them" on some level, they put feels over reason, they thus support awful policies like protectionism, problems are always declared the fault of some scapegoat(eg mexicans, free trade), the movements are often cronyist when they start governing, and I believe politics shouldn't be about vague ideas about being "for the people". I guess their simplistic worldview, bs feelgood laws, and nuking of good ideas because they don't align with said oversimplistid worldview is probably the main reasonI dislike them.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »

Have you ever voted Republican?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »

Who would you vote for in an election between a pro-choice polyamorous eugenicist and a pro-incest trans woman who plans to commit assisted suicide after completing her term?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »

No, I'm not yet over 18, and there aren't any republicans I would vote for.

Who would you vote for in an election between a pro-choice polyamorous eugenicist and a pro-incest trans woman who plans to commit assisted suicide after completing her term?

Wat? I'd vote for the ballot box. I may not agree with it on everything, but it says what it thinks!
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 03:51:40 PM »

Why did you support Bernie Sanders in the primary given your answer about populists?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 04:26:03 PM »

Well, they tend to have a simplistic worldview which boils down to "us vs them" on some level, they put feels over reason

Do you believe that some schools of intersectional feminism are guilty of this, as well?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 04:35:20 PM »

Wat? I'd vote for the ballot box. I may not agree with it on everything, but it says what it thinks!

Boo! Sometimes you have to make hard choices in politics. Tongue

More seriously, what are your thoughts on the French election?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 01:56:55 PM »

Why did you support Bernie Sanders in the primary given your answer about populists?

I didn't really have the anti populist streak until I had stopped being a sanders hack(I was one of the bad ones). I guess I started learning a bit more while also coming off the populism high, and the views I once held (basically because they were #trueLeftist) eventually became bad. I ended up shifting on trade because of my economics class(though not too much on other issues, I was mostly being exposed to new ideas at a time when I wasn't in stubborn cognitive bias mode(which doesn't seem quite as strong for me as for some people, though its still powerful, esp in arguments). I started thinking about the issues and I guess my philosophy came through, and seeing that protectionism would cause people to starve turned me completely against the populist sentiment that made free trade so unpopular. My mind wasn't fighting for #proggressive ideology, and its more natural patterns arose.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »

I didn't really have the anti populist streak until I had stopped being a sanders hack(I was one of the bad ones). I guess I started learning a bit more while also coming off the populism high, and the views I once held (basically because they were #trueLeftist) eventually became bad. I ended up shifting on trade because of my economics class(though not too much on other issues, I was mostly being exposed to new ideas at a time when I wasn't in stubborn cognitive bias mode(which doesn't seem quite as strong for me as for some people, though its still powerful, esp in arguments). I started thinking about the issues and I guess my philosophy came through, and seeing that protectionism would cause people to starve turned me completely against the populist sentiment that made free trade so unpopular. My mind wasn't fighting for #proggressive ideology, and its more natural patterns arose.

Interesting.

I moderated on free trade after being unabashedly for it as a result of researching the arguments against it including dumping, infant industries, comparative advantage being domain specific, and our terrible/non existent retraining programs to help displaced workers. There's also the national security angle of wanting to produce our own food.

To put it bluntly I don't trust our current politicians to sign off on free trade deals after seeing their lack of willpower to retrain and retool people, especially after NAFTA.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »

Boo! Sometimes you have to make hard choices in politics. Tongue

More seriously, what are your thoughts on the French election?

Macron over Lepen. I've been zoned out of politics for a bit, so I don't know much else

Well, they tend to have a simplistic worldview which boils down to "us vs them" on some level, they put feels over reason

Do you believe that some schools of intersectional feminism are guilty of this, as well?

Probably somewhere, but something worse then typical populism(esp the "us vs them" aspect) I have not seen from intersectionalists. Among certain second wavers and TERFs, however...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 04:34:31 PM »

I don't like you.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 06:47:48 PM »

Is it really polite to just say things like that unprompted? Unless you're joking or something.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 11:37:44 PM »

Is it really polite to just say things like that unprompted? Unless you're joking or something.
He could've been more rude, I suppose...
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 10:48:28 AM »

Which one is dumber?....Jan Brewer or Ducey?

Brewer.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »

I don't dislike you either.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies