What gives O'Malley the idea that democratic voters/Americans like him?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:09:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What gives O'Malley the idea that democratic voters/Americans like him?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What gives O'Malley the idea that democratic voters/Americans like him?  (Read 941 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2017, 01:29:11 AM »

If his frankly embarrassing "campaign" in 2016 didn't humble him a bit, and voters rejecting 4 more years of his state policies in Maryland didn't either, what will?

Is he just bored?
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:40:05 AM »

The fact that the first three non-stickied threads in this section are about O'Malley.
Rjjr77
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 08:39:35 AM »

If his frankly embarrassing "campaign" in 2016 didn't humble him a bit, and voters rejecting 4 more years of his state policies in Maryland didn't either, what will?

Is he just bored?

I blame the wire
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »

The fact that the first three non-stickied threads in this section are about O'Malley.

I'm calling it right now: M'OM at minimum lurks on the Atlas.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 04:14:46 PM »

I ordered one of his bumper stickers last January. It never came.  He's going to have to clean up his operation if he wants to make a second attempt at the presidency
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »

He thinks that if they don't hate him, they can grow to like him, and if they grow to like him, they may vote for him.

Martin O'Malley is an unknown quantity to most of America.  In ordinary years, his horrid performance would cause him to be Kuciniched, but in 2016, he could plausibly view himself as being a victim of the deck-clearing for Hillary.  (Sanders, of course, overcame that, but he's not really a Democrat, so . . . )

At one time, I thought he'd be a strong candidate, but he doesn't wear well.  In the end, he came off as a whiny jerk, but since most Americans didn't even see this, it's less of a negative than if he finished a decent third.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:39:32 PM »

He thinks that if they don't hate him, they can grow to like him, and if they grow to like him, they may vote for him.

Martin O'Malley is an unknown quantity to most of America.  In ordinary years, his horrid performance would cause him to be Kuciniched, but in 2016, he could plausibly view himself as being a victim of the deck-clearing for Hillary.  (Sanders, of course, overcame that, but he's not really a Democrat, so . . . )

At one time, I thought he'd be a strong candidate, but he doesn't wear well.  In the end, he came off as a whiny jerk, but since most Americans didn't even see this, it's less of a negative than if he finished a decent third.

The difference between Kucinich and O'Malley is that O'Malley isn't really that far out (recent fortune cookie statements aside) unlike Kucinich.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 01:06:07 AM »

The difference between Kucinich and O'Malley is that O'Malley isn't really that far out (recent fortune cookie statements aside) unlike Kucinich.

The difference between Kucinich and O'Malley is that Kucinich is interesting and had a reason to run. O'Malley isn't filling a niche that couldn't be filled by 20 other people.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 09:29:56 AM »

He's a likable guy!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »

I ordered one of his bumper stickers last January. It never came.  He's going to have to clean up his operation if he wants to make a second attempt at the presidency
My bumpersticker came! I now think I may be the only person with a MOM bumpersticker.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 12:13:02 PM »

His rock hard six-pack.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 01:03:29 PM »

I can neither confirm nor deny

Also massively understated is the fact that he was the only credible Democratic candidate with actual executive managerial experience; while Hillary had been secretary of state and first lady, she hadn't been elected to executive office like O'Malley had (twice). Chafee had comparable experience but barely mattered.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 01:08:29 PM »

Also massively understated is the fact that he was the only credible Democratic candidate with actual executive managerial experience; while Hillary had been secretary of state and first lady, she hadn't been elected to executive office like O'Malley had (twice). Chafee had comparable experience but barely mattered.

What are you saying? Are you Martin O'Malley?
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 01:12:53 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2017, 01:15:21 PM by Celes Diamond »

I am not Martin O'Malley (I point to my political compass results as evidence) but I am cursorily connected with him in a non-political context, and knowing the way that he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he popped on here every now and then.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 09:11:32 PM »

I am not Martin O'Malley (I point to my political compass results as evidence) but I am cursorily connected with him in a non-political context, and knowing the way that he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he popped on here every now and then.

Oh cool.

Tell him I saw and deeply appreciated the fact that he went off the trail for a bit to go to Puerto Rico and assess the situation when the financial crisis first came to light nationally. It's a shame I that didn't have the opportunity to vote for him. Could you tell him that? Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 06:46:26 AM »

Protect the Earth, serve the people, and explore the universe.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 11:41:09 PM »

Protect the Earth, serve the people, and explore the universe.
For all mankind, man.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 12:08:31 PM »

He's like the John Kasich of the Democratic Party
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »

Distant relative?
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 02:50:27 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2017, 12:31:02 PM by Celes Diamond »

Distant relative?

By family friendship.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 11:28:02 PM »

Bernie was elected 4 times as mayor of Burlington Vermont, and  U.S. News & World Report called him one of the 20 best mayors.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 11:36:52 PM »

Bernie was elected 4 times as mayor of Burlington Vermont, and  U.S. News & World Report called him one of the 20 best mayors.

B-B-B-BUT BERNIE

Anyways, I could see O'Malley becoming a meme candidate for a bit.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 12:27:40 AM »

O'Malley really should have run for Senate in 2016... He needs an office before he tries for president again, otherwise he won't come close. But if he runs again, he'll do better than he did this time. And to the person who was related to him, that's dope, if he checks on here: you're in a good position, just try not to alienate the Bernie people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies