Confirmation Hearing - DrewMike for National Archivist (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:56:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing - DrewMike for National Archivist (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing - DrewMike for National Archivist (Confirmed)  (Read 459 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2017, 03:49:54 PM »
« edited: May 05, 2017, 11:58:18 AM by Goldwater »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

We got another person to confirm to a thing, so let's begin with the questioning.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 04:49:21 PM »

First, congratulations to Drew on his appointment to this very important position.

Here are my questions:

1. How much experience do you have with Wiki sites, specifically with regard to editing and formatting?  Have you edited articles either on Wikipedia, the Atlas Wiki (which I assume Dave has granted you editing powers to beforehand), or any other online encyclopedia that use the wiki format?

2. Where on the Atlas Wiki do you feel is most in need of improvement, and what would be your top priorities as National Archivist?

3. The National Archive office currently has three designated Regional Archivists as well as Deputy Archivist NeverAgain.  Do you intend to collaborate at all with these officers, or would you keep the status quo of letting the regions be primarily responsible for keeping their part of the Wiki up to date?
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »

First, congratulations to Drew on his appointment to this very important position.

Here are my questions:

1. How much experience do you have with Wiki sites, specifically with regard to editing and formatting?  Have you edited articles either on Wikipedia, the Atlas Wiki (which I assume Dave has granted you editing powers to beforehand), or any other online encyclopedia that use the wiki format?

2. Where on the Atlas Wiki do you feel is most in need of improvement, and what would be your top priorities as National Archivist?

3. The National Archive office currently has three designated Regional Archivists as well as Deputy Archivist NeverAgain.  Do you intend to collaborate at all with these officers, or would you keep the status quo of letting the regions be primarily responsible for keeping their part of the Wiki up to date?

Thank you Scott, both for the kind words, and for your previous service as Archivist.  I also want to thank President DFW for this opportunity, and to thank the Senate for being here today to discuss this position.

1.  I do have prior experience editing Wikipedia, which is largely the same format as the Atlas Wiki.  Dave has indeed blessed me with editing capability.  When this access was granted, I was immediately able to make changes and fixes due to recent elections, changes in membership, and the like.

2.  I feel that the top priority would be to simply bring information current.  There are many pages that are years out of date, and while it may take a while to piece together every single office that citizen XYZ has ever held, it's important that we at least make note of what their current office is.  Providing simple, current information such as dates of service, current membership of an office, etc. will get priority over finer details.

Some other areas that can be brought up to date would include legislation, executive orders, and Supreme Court cases.

3.  I will start by saying that I do plan to retain these individuals on my staff.  If I am confirmed, I plan to contact the other Archivists as a way to introduce myself and to lay out my vision for the Office.  I welcome their feedback at any time if they want to ask about anything Wiki-related.  The Regional Archivists would continue to be primarily responsible for regional pages, as they would have a better knowledge about their respective regions (the exception being my native Lincoln).  NeverAgain and I would be primarily responsible for pages at the federal level.  Though any of us can certainly edit any page if we see something erroneous or out of date.

I would point out that there are some pages that don't necessarily belong to either the regional or federal jurisdictions, or maybe a combination of the two.  For example, the Atlasia Senate is a federal body, yet its elections are administered at the regional level.  The Supreme Court of Atlasia has a regional element as well.  And finally pages of Atlasia citizens may contain information about their time spent at both regional and federal positions, sometimes simultaneously.  So some collaboration could do some good in these particular situations.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 07:54:38 PM »

Whelp, I guess nobody has any more questions. Senators, please vote AYE, NAY, or Abstain.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 08:03:58 PM »

Aye.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »

Aye
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »

AYE
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 06:00:41 PM »

Aye
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 06:38:54 PM »

Aye
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 11:57:58 AM »

By a vote of 5-0, DrewMike has been confirmed to the position of National Archivist.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies