AMA: the Neoliberal Hack KingSweden Edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:49:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AMA: the Neoliberal Hack KingSweden Edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AMA: the Neoliberal Hack KingSweden Edition  (Read 580 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2017, 04:26:52 PM »

Sex advice, overly detailed timelines, barbarically violent sci fi and bland Third Wayism. Everything is fair game
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:39:18 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2017, 01:36:20 AM by Crumpets »

How do you follow Washington state/local politics so closely? I mean, I'm a political junkie who lives in Seattle, and I still pretty much see everything apart from Seattle City Council races and the Murray scandal to be watching grass grow.

Also, if you live in the general Seattle area, what high school did you go to?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »

Crumpets: I look at STB and density-oriented stuff a lot, and (occasionally) venture into Croascut. The Stranger is my no-go zone, though. In Spokane I'd read the Inlander (which is not a bad publication)

I'm Interlake HS class of '09
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 12:27:05 AM »

Let's say that the next Democratic president is going to be a bit off the deep end either economically or socially. Would you have have an economic leftist or a social liberal?

Would you rather live where you are or in Sweden?

Would you like to be the King of Sweden?

What is your life like in Era of the new Majority?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:54:03 AM »

1. Rank the current SCOTUS Justices from Best to Worst
2. Would you like to be a millionaire?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 03:01:26 AM »

So what are your thoughts in Doctor Who?

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 09:27:33 AM »

So what are your thoughts in Doctor Who?

I've actually never watched it. Heard good things.

Let's say that the next Democratic president is going to be a bit off the deep end either economically or socially. Would you have have an economic leftist or a social liberal?

Would you rather live where you are or in Sweden?

Would you like to be the King of Sweden?

What is your life like in Era of the new Majority?

Good question. Even though I'm fairly fiscally conservative I'd say economic. Easier to fix if it goes wrong. Social issues tend to be more divisive and for longer (see: Roe v Wade)

I've only ever lived in the US. Sweden's great to visit but this is home.

Haha probably not

Award winning bestselling author

1. Rank the current SCOTUS Justices from Best to Worst
2. Would you like to be a millionaire?

2. Breyer, Kennedy, Kagan, Roberts, Ginsburg, Sotomayor, Thomas, Alito. I like the Gorsuch pick on paper but too early to assess
2. Yes, of course. I'd Buy a bunch of tax free munis and live off the interest

Too many good ones

"And Alexander wept for there were no worlds left to conquer"

"Never have so many owed so much to so few"

"You have to be lucky every time. We only have to be lucky once."

"For England, James?" "No. For me."
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »

When did you first conceive of the idea for Era of a New Majority?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 08:44:48 AM »

When did you first conceive of the idea for Era of a New Majority?

Major Spoilers, but I wanted a timeline where Navy QB Ricky Dobbs ran for President in 2040, like he has said he wants to do. Everything was supposed to lead up to that Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 02:47:24 PM »

what is your opinion of butt stuff
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »

Asking only the important questions!

Definitely not for everyone, butt different strokes. Vehemently against rimjobs. I have buddies who are a little too into butt stuff with their gf's. Ladies have told me it's best to be drunk if it's going down, I'm inclined to believe them
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »

Definitely not for everyone, butt different strokes. Vehemently against rimjobs. I have buddies who are a little too into butt stuff with their gf's. Ladies have told me it's best to be drunk if it's going down, I'm inclined to believe them
so what is your opinion of it
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 07:51:07 PM »

Endorsed, but not really my style
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »

why
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 07:59:39 PM »

why

I don't like poop
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 01:42:37 AM »

Another Question:

So as a fellow PacNW resident for many decades, the influence and history of the Scandinavian Community in the Region (Logging and Fishing obviously played a major role w/o going into details...

So... why is your Forum name King Sweden, and is there an ancestral family Scandinavian heritage that caused you to pick this Forum Name?

If so, why and if you feel like sharing some family history on the Forum, that's totally cool by me... :
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »

Another Question:

So as a fellow PacNW resident for many decades, the influence and history of the Scandinavian Community in the Region (Logging and Fishing obviously played a major role w/o going into details...

So... why is your Forum name King Sweden, and is there an ancestral family Scandinavian heritage that caused you to pick this Forum Name?

If so, why and if you feel like sharing some family history on the Forum, that's totally cool by me... :

I picked it because that's been my online user handle for years. And yes, I am Swedish. My parents were born and raised there and immigrated to the US a few years before I was born. I grew up speaking Swedish at home and would return to visit family back there every or every other summer as a kid.

We're the only part of the family in America besides some distant cousins in Minnesota (naturally).
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 08:50:52 AM »

Spokane is about a five hour drive north of the total eclipse on Aug 21. Do you plan to drive to see it?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »

Spokane is about a five hour drive north of the total eclipse on Aug 21. Do you plan to drive to see it?

Oh cool! Probably not, though, my wife and I moved home to Seattle over the summer
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 09:15:03 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2017, 09:17:48 AM by Torie »

What's the difference between longest duration of the eclipse and greatest eclipse? And to which of the two sites are you headed Muon2?  I'm thinking this might be a fun field trip for Dan and myself. En route, we could visit the coal country region (McDowell County here we come), which these days might be a candidate for the most distinct region in the US, in an increasingly homogenized country.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »

What's the difference between longest duration of the eclipse and greatest eclipse? And to which of the two sites are you headed Muon2?  I'm thinking this might be a fun field trip for Dan and myself. En route, we could visit the coal country region (McDowell County here we come), which these days might be a candidate for the most distinct region in the US, in an increasingly homogenized country.

Will KingSweden yield me time in his AMA to answer Torie's question?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 03:35:42 PM »

Will KingSweden yield me time in his AMA to answer Torie's question?

Naturally. Please proceed
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »

During an eclipse the sun, moon and earth are nearly aligned, but not quite. If you draw a line from the center of the sun to the center of the moon, then beyond the moon there is a shadow in the shape of a cone. The axis of the cone is that same line from the sun to the moon. One can calculate from the orbits of the earth and moon the point when that axis is closest to the center of the earth. That's the point of greatest eclipse. Because the earth is curved and turning while the moon is moving in its orbit the greatest eclipse may not have the greatest duration. The difference is only about a second this year.

The answer to my location is that I won't be either at Carbondale IL or Hopkinton KY, though I have invites there. The reason is that I want to maximize my chance of seeing the eclipse, and clouds are the enemy. Here's a calculation of the probability of cloud cover on Aug 21 along the path of the eclipse.

I'm most likely to be in Weiser ID on the Snake river west of Boise. I've had rooms booked near there since last year. I'll also be prepared to get up early and drive if there are signs of clouds.

I'll also be in coal country this summer, but that will happen in June. In particular I want to check out the location from this post. The irony fascinates me.

A company called Bluegrass Solar is in the midst of installing a roughly 60 kW system on the museum’s roof that, when completed, will provide power to both the museum and, through an agreement with museum owner Southeast Community and Technical College, the rest of the town’s municipal utility. According to the Louisville Courier-Journal, the museum’s power bill has been around $2,100 a month, “but this initiative is expected to save between $8,000 and $10,000 a year.” "It is,” the college’s communications director conceded to a local TV station, "a little ironic."

In 2016 alone, the US solar industry created more new jobs (51,000) than there are coal miners still working in the US (50,200). There are now 260,000 solar workers in the US — five times the number of coal miners.

Trump may see political advantage in pandering to the dwindling coal industry (and lying to its workers for populist theater). But even in the heart of coal country, even in Benham, Kentucky, people are beginning to understand that coal belongs in a museum and solar belongs on the roof.

Full Article - http://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/4/10/15234330/trump-coal-museum
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies