DCCC Autopsy is complete, suppressed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:51:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DCCC Autopsy is complete, suppressed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DCCC Autopsy is complete, suppressed  (Read 1716 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2017, 08:24:09 PM »

Link

Two things this could mean:

1) the autopsy is substantive and very critical, and hopefully will lead to real and permanent change within the institution (which I think everyone, irrespective of ideology and attitude towards the Democratic Establishment agrees needs to happen).

2) the autopsy is a giant pat on the back and Congressional Democrats want to avoid grassroots anger.

Either way, I'm fairly ambivalent about publicizing these reports to begin with. Transparency is all to the good, but if you can avoid the narrative that surrounded, for example, the RNC 2012 autopsy it's probably worth keeping your plans on the DL.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 09:01:52 PM »

Personally I'd love to read it, but if it is the case that it won't be released, then it's no biggie to me. So long as the report is honest in its analysis and the party actually works to change its ways, that's all that counts.

On the other hand, the lack of transparency is sure to feed the liberal critics of the Democratic Party.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:52:54 AM »

If your second point ends up being true, then I hope they get smashed in 2018 and 2020 so that they learn their lesson. And given the hubris of the Democratic Party leadership, I wouldn't be surprised if that really was the case.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »

Maybe they suppressed it because all it supposedly talks about is money, data and consultants.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »

Maybe they suppressed it because all it supposedly talks about is money, data and consultants.
No, clearly there's some overarching conspiracy because it totally talks about how they want to crucify Bernie Sanders upside down or something.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 11:19:19 AM »

The DCCC isn't a government agency, it's a private party organization, so it's not as if they are required to release anything. With that said, it's probably nothing that this forum thinks it is, since this forum is far from being close to the mainstream on much.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »

Quit being condescending to people. That's all they need. If they do that, it'll open a door to another Democratic landslide.

I doubt it's that easy.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 08:32:55 PM »

I'm sure a copy of it will wind up online in due time.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »

Quit being condescending to people. That's all they need. If they do that, it'll open a door to another Democratic landslide.

Democrats are condescending just by existing. They don't even have to do anything. By and large, most white voters and especially Christian Republicans have a heavy persecution complex so every piece of legislation Democrats introduce is spun as an "attack on the American values." But what they really mean by attack on American values is its an attack on the dominant white Judeo-Christian power structure that's basically always existed in this country. I would wager most white voters know the GOP screws them but their more terrified of America becoming more diverse and thus them losing power.

Democrats probably know this which is why the report was suppress ed. Their basically viewed as the party of freaks and minorities. At least that's my experience of having grown up in the white working class
From what I heard on Twitter this is the autopsy. Rural America hates dems for cultural /social/racial reasons an suburanties are going dem cause they hate the GOP for cultural/social/racial reasons
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 12:51:14 PM »

the dominant white Judeo-Christian power structure that's basically always existed in this country.

I know this isn't really the point of the post, but the implied idea that Jews have always been part of the power structure in this country is certainly an interesting one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 12:53:21 PM »

The DCCC isn't a government agency, it's a private party organization, so it's not as if they are required to release anything. With that said, it's probably nothing that this forum thinks it is, since this forum is far from being close to the mainstream on much.
Hack.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »

Also, I love how implicit in this type of analysis is that poor whites have become (irrevocably?) more racist (as opposed to just more motivated by racial animus in a particular election under particular circumstances) than they were fifty or eighty (or, you know, FIVE) years ago. This from a party that ostensibly believes in social and moral progress.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 12:59:59 PM »

So they have learned absolutely f**king nothing. Great. Looking forward to T***p 2020 and Pence 2024.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »

So they have learned absolutely f**king nothing. Great. Looking forward to T***p 2020 and Pence 2024.

In their defense we have no idea what's in there.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 03:06:02 PM »

The fact that it isn't being released to begin with is the problem itself.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 03:11:39 PM »

It's part of their obvious contempt for left-wingers who criticize how the party is run.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »

I would love it if you forwarded me a copy of this document you have apparently read! Surely you aren't making such far-reaching claims about such an important matter without any actual evidence?

(baseless rumors from right wing Twitter sources that definitely have no access to this document do not count as evidence)
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 12:22:14 PM »

I think there is no report, and this entire autopsy story is just a false flag leak to test their cyber defenses. They have created a placebo report on their servers, leaked this story, and want to see if the Russians can get past their new defenses to leak the "report." That's my theory.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »

I think there is no report, and this entire autopsy story is just a false flag leak to test their cyber defenses. They have created a placebo report on their servers, leaked this story, and want to see if the Russians can get past their new defenses to leak the "report." That's my theory.

They're not smart enough or stupid enough to do something like that.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »

Only a problem for the right, and the party burners above you.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »

Even if the autopsy isn't as awful as people suggest (really, the Democratic Party can't win back voters they won 8 YEARS AGO?), the fact their keeping it under wraps while the GOP had their autopsy out for the public by March of 2013 shows how much hubris is present among the leadership.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 02:46:27 PM »

Perhaps the embarrassment the GOP received for years after hitting the nail on the head in their report and then proceeding to throw it out the window years later had something to do with the Democratic Party not wanting to show everyone. But, fwiw, the GOP actually did make efforts to solve the problems in their report, it's just that various individual politicians felt those recommendations weren't in their own best interests and proceeded to act in ways that destroyed the work the RNC had done (cough DJT and oodles of (R) House Reps cough)

Look, for people who don't trust the Democratic Party right now, I don't expect this action by the DNC will look like anything but covering up incompetence and unwillingness to change. That's a given. But I would expect everyone to at least give the party some time to change before going all-in on their personal opinions.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »

Ugh, 8 years of seeing you write "T***p" all over this forum. Great.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 06:22:40 AM »

I had low expectations for the Democratic party for learning anything from a Hillary defeat. They have failed my low expectations. And they were damn low since they didn't learn anything from 2014.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 10:27:09 AM »

Only a problem for the right, and the party burners above you.
I don't get what you're trying to say/spin here.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies