Poll: Grade trump on his first 100 days in office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:44:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll: Grade trump on his first 100 days in office
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Grade trump on his first 100 days in office
A+
A
A-
B+
B
B-
C+
C
C-
D+
D
D-
F
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poll: Grade trump on his first 100 days in office  (Read 2929 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:12:33 AM »

This weekend is the completion of trump's 100 days in office as president.
Grade trump on his first 100 days.

Vote and Discuss.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:22:38 AM »

I gave him a ....
D+
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:26:19 AM »

D+ only because I like some of his foreign policy moves. Everything else just ugh.
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 01:26:36 AM »

F in terms of the direction he's taking the country.

D- in terms of achieving what he set out to do. Getting Gorsuch on the court isn't really his victory to take credit for (thanks McConnell) but that is a huge win for the far-right. He's botched everything else while still managing to lower the country's discourse, serve as a horrific role model for America's children, and incite fear in our marginalized communities. He's a complete and utter disaster who cannot leave office soon enough.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 01:36:49 AM »

D-

Being generous because I thought he would be full on hitler now but he isn't.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 01:43:12 AM »

D
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 01:45:16 AM »

D+ for accomplishing some of the stuff he set out to do.

He got Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, withdrew from the TPP, and has cracked down hard on illegal immigration.

F in terms of the direction he's taking this country.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 01:52:18 AM »

I refuse to grade him on a curve, so F.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 01:59:23 AM »

Not Good!
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 02:06:43 AM »

A- because he has mostly given up that populist charade to be a regular Republican, but we still need to get more done, like actually repealing Obamacare.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 02:13:31 AM »

He got Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, withdrew from the TPP, and has cracked down hard on illegal immigration.

i basically agree with this. there are some things i approve of. or at least give him some credit for following through on even if i disagreed with them. but his administration lacks a clear direction and strategy on a lot of issues. in quite a few cases it's not even just that i disagreed with what he did on a particular issue. it's that his response has been contradictory, bordering on totally incoherent. healthcare and syria are good examples of that. there is still time for improvement. and in some ways president trump could be doing much worse. but his leadership the last 6 weeks in particular has honestly, not inspired confidence. and that's coming from someone that voted for him.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 02:19:32 AM »

He spent nearly a third of it on vacation at his own properties, which in itself sets off a lot of ethical violations, especially since he is still making money off of these properties. Marred in scandal, his NSA had to resign, attorney general had to recuse himself, and the House Intel chair had to recuse himself, all due to similar reasonings. Got literally nothing accomplished. The things he did were either struck down in court or not really on him (Gorsuch was more McConnell's doing). Crappy foreign relations. Constant mixed messaging. No popular initiatives or proposals. No legislative accomplishments. Blames Democrats for failures of the Republican congressional majorities.

It's a D-.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 02:20:46 AM »

i basically agree with this. there are some things i approve of. or at least give him some credit for following through on even if i disagreed with them. but his administration lacks a clear direction and strategy on a lot of issues. in quite a few cases it's not even just that i disagreed with what he did on a particular issue. it's that his response has been contradictory, bordering on totally incoherent. healthcare and syria are good examples of that. there is still time for improvement. and in some ways president trump could be doing much worse. but his leadership the last 6 weeks in particular has honestly, not inspired confidence. and that's coming from someone that voted for him.

You voted for him, Mint? That's disappointing.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 03:06:02 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2017, 03:09:08 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

F-

One of the worst presidents in American history by any standard. He's an unmitigated trainwreck, a total catastrophe, a disaster etc. He has expended his political capital on failed executive orders relating to immigration, rapidly turning the public against him, his behavior during the AHCA debate was on the level of what I'd expect a 12 year old to do, he speaks publicly about the need to "have a low dollar" (you are not supposed to do this as President...), his tax reform "plan" is a series of tax proposals written down on a napkin that a frat tool 12 beers deep could come up with. This level of mismanagement is unprecedented.  He's a fraudulent clown. Thankfully, he's so bad that it's the country's only saving grace.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 03:07:42 AM »

He spent nearly a third of it on vacation at his own properties, which in itself sets off a lot of ethical violations, especially since he is still making money off of these properties. Marred in scandal, his NSA had to resign, attorney general had to recuse himself, and the House Intel chair had to recuse himself, all due to similar reasonings. Got literally nothing accomplished. The things he did were either struck down in court or not really on him (Gorsuch was more McConnell's doing). Crappy foreign relations. Constant mixed messaging. No popular initiatives or proposals. No legislative accomplishments. Blames Democrats for failures of the Republican congressional majorities.

It's a D-.

That's not a D-...

What is up with this forum and giving politicians generous grades? I imagine that if Hitler was President the forum would "grade him on a curve" and give him a collective D. "Disagree with him but very effective at murdering Jews, also, he likes dogs Smiley"
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 03:15:50 AM »

F in terms of the direction he's taking this country.

This.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 03:22:50 AM »

D-

The successful Gorsuch nomination aside, Trump appears to be the embodiment of incompetence, incoherence, and corruption. He's mix of James Buchanan and Warren G. Harding.

He doesn't know what he's doing, most of the time he also doesn't seem to know why he's doing it, and worst of all he doesn't seem to care.

That being said, I reserve the F for when he starts an unnecessary large-scale war which leads to a disaster like Iraq or for when the United States hits an economic depresson.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 03:59:21 AM »

I gave him a D- because he has been less terrible than I expected, he did get a victory in confirming Gorsuch and I approved of his Syria strike(though it should have been stronger given Assad was still using the airfield days later, it sent the right message that use of chemical weapons was a red line)

However, outside of that Trump's presidency has been a failure. Trumpcare was a disaster, the policy was horrible and is rapidly becoming even worse(24 million people lose coverage-I was sincerely shaken by that). Trump was inept in failing to pass a key campaign promise. His travel ban was utterly mishandled and terrible policy and failed to pass muster in the courts. He hasn't passed any major legislation, and so far only governs by executive order. He golfs far more than Obama, who he said golfs too much. He is historically unpopular. Trump tweets too much and lacks the temperament to be President. The US's reputation abroad is rapidly deteriorating. He gets into petty fights, such as the argument over inauguration crowds, and constantly lies. He has failed to live up to his campaign promises, he has been ineffective in pushing through his agenda, he has made an embarrassment of himself and is embarrassing the US.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 06:06:40 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2017, 06:10:20 AM by J_American »

D-

I have supported absolutely nothing he has pursued thus far. His healthcare reform plan was and is an unmitigated disaster that violates his campaign promise of universal healthcare coverage (LOL). His travel ban was immediately and rightly challenged by the Courts - as was his second attempt at it. He walked back his promise to make Mexico pay for his ridiculous border wall and there is now threat of a government shutdown, partially over funding this stupid project. He has yet to announce any comprehensive infrastructure plan. He has done nothing constructive with trade, but has instead threatened to remove us from NAFTA and ridiculously slapped tariffs on certain imports. He conducted an absurd air strike in Syria that had zero benefit, cost millions of dollars, and was supposedly in response to sad images he saw in the media due to the alleged and unsubstantiated chemical attack by the Syrian government. He is escalating tensions with North Korea with the possibility of an actual war with a nuclear state increasing daily. His way of handling foreign leaders is appalling (arguing with the Australian PM, disrespecting Merkel). And he has consistently proven his immaturity, lack of knowledge, total incompetency, and unprofessionalism as he takes to Twitter regularly, obsessed over crowd sizes, and him and his team talk about "fake news" and "alternative facts."

The only thing he remotely conducted professionally was the appointment of Neil Gorsuch, although that was primarily handled by the Congressional GOP and was only possible due to the outrageous obstructionism by those same legislative members against President Obama's appointee. His tax reform proposal isn't a total nightmare, but it'll blow a hole in our deficit, which they ignore on the largely disproven basis of trickle down economics. Of course, Republicans will all support this until a Democrat takes office, then they can scream "but the deficit!" whenever Democrats make policy proposals.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 06:29:55 AM »

About as expected ... basically a train wreck. I give him a D rather than an F in recognition that he backs off some from his most insane ideas.  If his actions were co-extensive with what comes out of his mouth (before he backs off some), it would be an F-.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 06:34:07 AM »

D.

D- would imply political instability (as in barely surviving a coup or being in danger of impeachment and removal). F would imply that he had been overthrown in a coup, military defeat, or impeachment and removal.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »

A- because he has mostly given up that populist charade to be a regular Republican, but we still need to get more done, like actually repealing Obamacare.

Not going to happen. There is not a majority in either body that wants that to happen.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 07:21:17 AM »

D. His constant obsession with the election results, his flip flops, and his failure to accomplish anything within his first 100 days. I'm being generous with my grade.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 07:33:07 AM »

F. Literally the only thing that could be considered a victory for him is nominating someone to the SC. But all he did was nominate, he didn't even fight or do anything that helped him get passed (and with the nuclear option it's basically going to bite them in the ass on the go around).

Everything else he has done has been pointless, his executive orders don't really do anything and everything he has tried to do is pretty much crap.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2017, 04:17:31 PM by pbrower2a »

Betraying the people to whom he appealed is cheating -- failure in itself. It is one thing to make promises that fail because Congress and the courts do not go along; it is another to make a 180 turn on promises made just to become a corporate stooge or align with one's selfish economic interests.

I stick with my "D" for now because he has been getting away with what he does to some extent. The next President that we elect will largely repudiate what he does. He has put the House majority in danger of loss of majority status for very slight successes that have grave dangers attached.

Those who voted against him seem to disapprove of him as President. Yes, he can be re-elected -- but he would practically need to destroy democracy (or get others to destroy it) in the process. I can imagine provisions of the 25th Amendment being used against him, in which case his culpability in presidential failure gets recognized as the result of diminished capacity -- except that he has filled his Cabinet with yes-men who would never do something of the sort unless he were in an irrecoverable coma or certifiably insane.

Sure, I hate his guts. But I try to evade that in my discussion.  I may be a liberal, but I an also looking at him from a libertarian angle. Seemingly everyone likes an Imperial President -- so long as the Great and Glorious Leader gives one what he wants.      
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies