Are you gay?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:53:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you gay?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Well? Are you?
Yes

No

Bisexual

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 145

Author Topic: Are you gay?  (Read 4486 times)
Starpaul20
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -5.22

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »

No
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2017, 02:53:20 PM »

Nope
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2017, 03:01:03 PM by afleitch »

Yup Smiley
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2017, 04:50:45 PM »

I am yes.. some people know I'm gay.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2017, 04:57:15 PM »

Probably closer to bi than straight, but regardless, I will marry a woman.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2017, 06:41:13 PM »

... Please, please tell me your posts about personal opposition to same sex marriage were a joke.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »

... Please, please tell me your posts about personal opposition to same sex marriage were a joke.
You can be gay and opposed to SSM.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2017, 06:59:34 PM »

No.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »

No.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »

Just because something is technically possible doesn't mean it makes sense.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2017, 07:14:31 PM »

I'm disappointed that 3 pages in, no one has referenced "normal," as this question was the originator of that meme ~13 years ago. Have we no respect for tradition around here?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2017, 07:46:04 PM »

I'm disappointed that 3 pages in, no one has referenced "normal," as this question was the originator of that meme ~13 years ago. Have we no respect for tradition around here?

Ahem...

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2017, 10:16:31 PM »

How could you not be?
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2017, 10:51:57 PM »

Yes.
I'm for legalization of SSM, so long as it's legalized by voters or legislators (eleven US states; Ireland), but not when it's legalized by judges.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2017, 11:09:23 PM »

Romans is very clear that homosexual relations are sinful. It is good for us to be aware of any relevant tendencies we may have, and we definitely shouldn't engage ourselves and others in the useless and harmful practice of conversion therapy, but at the same time, we must not become involved in a homosexual relationship. That may not sound nice, but it is what God has commanded, and if we love God, we will follow that commandment along with all others.

As I've said before, while I disagree with the view that there is a right to gay marriage in the 14th amendment, I believe that the political fight is over on SSM, and would treat it as settled law if ever elected to anything.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2017, 12:08:16 AM »

Romans is very clear that homosexual relations are sinful. It is good for us to be aware of any relevant tendencies we may have, and we definitely shouldn't engage ourselves and others in the useless and harmful practice of conversion therapy, but at the same time, we must not become involved in a homosexual relationship. That may not sound nice, but it is what God has commanded, and if we love God, we will follow that commandment along with all others.

As I've said before, while I disagree with the view that there is a right to gay marriage in the 14th amendment, I believe that the political fight is over on SSM, and would treat it as settled law if ever elected to anything.

Paul to some extent never lost his mindset as a teacher of the law/Pharisee follower on moral issues. He also wrote to Timothy that women should not wear jewelry or expensive dresses, and I doubt you would refuse to marry a woman who wears jewelry and expensive dresses.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2017, 05:20:35 AM »

No, hetero.

PS: has it already been examined why this Forum is such a nesting place for LGBTs ? Their share in the population is 2-5%, but here it's 47% according to the poll.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2017, 05:27:02 AM »

Why would god make gay people with gay inclinations that don't change and then say they can't have sex or worse than that, can't settle down with a person that they are attracted to? Then subject them to a lifetime of being criticised for their 'wrongness'? What a vindictive f-ck.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2017, 05:34:11 AM »

In a same-sex relationship for two and a half years now and I have no desire to change to change anything about this.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2017, 05:49:12 AM »

Why would god make gay people with gay inclinations that don't change and then say they can't have sex or worse than that, can't settle down with a person that they are attracted to? Then subject them to a lifetime of being criticised for their 'wrongness'? What a vindictive f-ck.

Well, it's the same God that instructed genocide, encouraged "His people" to smash babies against rocks, kill women for adultery, beat slaves, and hardened the Pharaoh's heart so that plagues could be unleashed upon Egypt. I mean, that's not exactly a loving God, unless you consider those things loving. So in that context I could easily see "God" giving someone homosexual tendencies for the purpose of testing their faith, although in reality that's a total dick move.

Needless to say, I certainly don't believe in any Abrahamic God, nor would I take my moral or ethical views from Biblical teachings.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2017, 05:50:02 AM »

52.6% votes "no".

I don't recognize this place anymore Shocked
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2017, 05:54:11 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2017, 06:40:58 AM by Torie »

Yeah. I had this little journey from Q to B to G. I'm so glad that journey is over actually. It transformed my life, and made me so much happier and a more productive (and I would like to think, kinder) person.

I was always curious about this: how/why do some gay people start off thinking they're straight or leaning straight? Is it from the fear/taboo of accepting what is their actual sexual orientation? Or can sexuality be fluid enough for it to change over time?

I think it varies by person. Some are more hard wired about sexual preference than others (sexual attraction I think is more of a continuum, rather than a series of islands with nothing in-between). In my case, it was a process of trial and error, with the AIDS catastrophe slowing the process down to a crawl. I don't really think one's basic sexual orientation changes much though. It's more a process of one getting in tune with it, and comfortable with it. Those that are less hard wired may have a longer journey.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2017, 06:08:07 AM »

52.6% votes "no".

The straights will soon be the minority. LGBT is the new "normal." We must prepare sacrifices for our gay overlords and humbly beseech them to spare us.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2017, 06:32:34 AM »

52.6% votes "no".

The straights will soon be the minority. LGBT is the new "normal." We must prepare sacrifices for our gay overlords and humbly beseech them to spare us.

Shantay you stay...
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2017, 07:15:20 AM »

Well, it's the same God that instructed genocide, encouraged "His people" to smash babies against rocks, kill women for adultery, beat slaves, and hardened the Pharaoh's heart so that plagues could be unleashed upon Egypt. I mean, that's not exactly a loving God, unless you consider those things loving. So in that context I could easily see "God" giving someone homosexual tendencies for the purpose of testing their faith, although in reality that's a total dick move.

Needless to say, I certainly don't believe in any Abrahamic God, nor would I take my moral or ethical views from Biblical teachings.

This fully. But with that said, I respect people's right to believe in whatever they want, if they do not harm my rights in the process.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies