Poll: Reality Television Shows?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:28:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Poll: Reality Television Shows?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Reality Television Shows?
I absolutely love them.  Best shows on television.

I love them.

I like them.

I can take them or leave them.

I dislike tem.

I hate them.

I absolutely detest them.  Worst shows on television.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Poll: Reality Television Shows?  (Read 854 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2017, 07:21:42 PM »

Reality Television Shows?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 09:42:35 PM »

Junk garbage.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 10:09:24 PM »

They very wildly depending on the type.

Group 1: Game-driven competition shows where one person/team gets eliminated each week - Massive Freedom Shows (Survivor and The Mole (early 2000s reference there) are the two best unscripted shows ever made)

Group 2: Single-week competition shows- Fun to watch, but I won't go out of my way to not miss a week

Group 3: Talent-driven competition shows (i.e. any singing/dancing show- cooking shows are kind of a hybrid of Group 1 and Group 3)- They're fine, but not exactly my cup of tea all the time

Group 4: Melodramatic MTV-type reality shows, usually without any sort of competition- Awful, and usually fake (legally, a show only has to be real if there is a prize)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 10:25:43 PM »

Humanity keeps finding ways to further reduce itself (#RIP).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:58:19 PM »

The shows I seriously enjoy religiously include:

1. Keeping Up With the Kardashians
2. Chrisley Knows Best
3. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
4. Long Island Medium

The ones I watched regularly:
5. The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Teresa only)
6. Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice (at its peak)
7. Kentucky Justice
8. Dance Moms - I used to watch this religiously with friends, but the lady is way too mean

I also enjoy(ed):
9. Next Food Network Star (and similar)
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
12. House Hunters (and similar shows)
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska
14. Cops (for the fleeting hope that the oppressed narrowly avoid capture)

I've been meaning to check out Growing Up Gotti, but I haven't found the time.

That's a pretty solid list, so overall a FF genre. The Voice, Survivor, Fear Factor, etc. sound like things that wouldn't interest me past age 10-11 very much however. That's very low-brow.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 12:00:36 AM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice
8. Dance Moms - I used to watch this religiously with friends, but the lady is way too mean

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

That's a pretty solid list, so overall a FF genre. The Voice, Survivor, Fear Factor, etc. sound like things that wouldn't interest me past age 10-11 very much however. That's very low-brow.

I'm mad at Survivor over how they handled a controversy a couple weeks ago, but I still love the game, even if the producers tried to interject a liberal agenda into it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 10:10:27 AM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

I'm mad at Survivor over how they handled a controversy a couple weeks ago, but I still love the game, even if the producers tried to interject a liberal agenda into it.

Knowing you, you're probably mad they didn't support Varner for being an awful person. If you're like a normal person they asked Zeke if he was ok for it to air and he said he was, so no violation there.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 10:23:09 AM »

ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 10:48:35 AM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

Knowing you, you're probably mad they didn't support Varner for being an awful person. If you're like a normal person they asked Zeke if he was ok for it to air and he said he was, so no violation there.

My issue wasn't so much that they didn't support Varner as that no one questioned transgenderism after the fact (not even Sarah "I come from a very conservative place and I've grown so much that I'm not bothered by this" Lacina, though Ozzy never spoke in the whole situation).  Though, I suppose that when you are trying to win $1 million and need interpersonal relationships, you can't afford to be politically incorrect.  By the way, Varner is really liberal himself on the issue, and he meant more that "Zeke is hiding something from you [like when a contestant doesn't say that he is a cop]", and not that "Zeke is being deceptive by being transgender".  I just didn't want to hear about transgenderism on my entertainment, and I expect that a lot of so-cons felt the same way.

By the way, a Slate article following this controversy said that Survivor's audience was found in 2010 to be the eighth-most conservative audience of any TV show (presumably excluding cable news), so they may have turned away their own viewers.  And, despite the good amount of publicity that this incident got (the 4/12 episode), the ratings for the 4/19 episode were actually down from 8.3m viewers to 7.9m viewers (and it did shoot up to a season-high 8.5m for the 4/26 episode, after the whole thing was finished).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 11:34:25 AM »

They very wildly depending on the type.

Group 1: Game-driven competition shows where one person/team gets eliminated each week - Massive Freedom Shows (Survivor and The Mole (early 2000s reference there) are the two best unscripted shows ever made)

Group 2: Single-week competition shows- Fun to watch, but I won't go out of my way to not miss a week

Group 3: Talent-driven competition shows (i.e. any singing/dancing show- cooking shows are kind of a hybrid of Group 1 and Group 3)- They're fine, but not exactly my cup of tea all the time

Group 4: Melodramatic MTV-type reality shows, usually without any sort of competition- Awful, and usually fake (legally, a show only has to be real if there is a prize)
I generally agree with this.  I'll add...
Group 5: same group of people over and over buying, selling and/or fixing sh**t-if I like the people it's fine, if not, unbearable.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

My issue wasn't so much that they didn't support Varner as that no one questioned transgenderism after the fact (not even Sarah "I come from a very conservative place and I've grown so much that I'm not bothered by this" Lacina, though Ozzy never spoke in the whole situation).  Though, I suppose that when you are trying to win $1 million and need interpersonal relationships, you can't afford to be politically incorrect.  By the way, Varner is really liberal himself on the issue, and he meant more that "Zeke is hiding something from you [like when a contestant doesn't say that he is a cop]", and not that "Zeke is being deceptive by being transgender".  I just didn't want to hear about transgenderism on my entertainment, and I expect that a lot of so-cons felt the same way.

By the way, a Slate article following this controversy said that Survivor's audience was found in 2010 to be the eighth-most conservative audience of any TV show (presumably excluding cable news), so they may have turned away their own viewers.  And, despite the good amount of publicity that this incident got (the 4/12 episode), the ratings for the 4/19 episode were actually down from 8.3m viewers to 7.9m viewers (and it did shoot up to a season-high 8.5m for the 4/26 episode, after the whole thing was finished).

And now it's back up, so just weak minded people who are scared that their TV is going to make them transgender or something.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 12:30:40 PM »

Survivor's always been a super pro-LGB show, even back in the early 2000s when it could've gotten away with not. Should be a surprise that they're pro-T too.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »

My life is a reality show.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 01:02:01 PM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

I see what you did there.

(at least I hope I did, if this is a serious post.....eeeks)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

I see what you did there.

(at least I hope I did, if this is a serious post.....eeeks)

k, like you are being literally so rude right now. So rude. Like literally read a dictionary.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »

I hate them, except when they're about film production. Also, I guess some of my favorite music artists come from Reality TV.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 11:16:19 PM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

And now it's back up, so just weak minded people who are scared that their TV is going to make them transgender or something.

MasterJedi, as a side note, how do you think Varner knew in the first place?  I didn't quite understand that part.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 11:17:42 PM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

MasterJedi, as a side note, how do you think Varner knew in the first place?  I didn't quite understand that part.

I think Jeff's active in the LGBT community and just picked up on the mannerisms?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 01:41:28 AM »

I miss the Apprentice. What ever happened to that guy?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 07:30:35 AM »

Option 7 (normal)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 06:25:34 PM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

I think Jeff's active in the LGBT community and just picked up on the mannerisms?

I also think Zeke told him in confidence since Varner is active in the community. Wasn't shared on-screen since Zeke didn't want it to be but after it came out at tribal and everyone knew and it would be hard to edit it out he was ok with letting it out then.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »

2. Chrisley Knows Best
4. Long Island Medium

7. Kentucky Justice

I also enjoy(ed):
10. Cake Boss
11. Breaking Amish
13. Sarah Palin's Alaska

Having just watched the episode, I feel compelled to point out that Ozzy did tell Varner that what he did was not cool and that he should be ashamed of himself.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies