House Of Cards Season 5 Trailer released: (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:32:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  House Of Cards Season 5 Trailer released: (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Of Cards Season 5 Trailer released:  (Read 1787 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: May 07, 2017, 08:44:55 AM »

Just finished watching Season 4.

So, in response to a newspaper article exposing (most) of the sh**t he's done, Frank decides to get himself out of this potentially Watergatesque position by launching an invasion of Syria and Iraq,  because a wartime president is harder to impeach.

Trailer seems to imply that he is going full tyrant soon, and plannig to get the Twenty-second Amendment repealed among other things.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:44:18 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2017, 12:52:44 PM by Chairman of the 2024 Trump campaign for Russian president »

So have people been watching the fifth season?

I have to say, Underwood vs. Conway is like LBJ vs. Rubio.

I'm eight episodes in.

I didn't expect that they turn the election into a complete clusterf**k which makes the outcome of Bush vs. Gore in 2000 look like the epitome of orderliness and uneventfulness.

Conway seemed like a decent alternative (relatively speaking, this is the HoC universe after all) to the sociopathic Underwoods, until he started to fall apart und become increasingly unhinged. I like Conway's campaign manager though, since he's the only sane person on the show apart from that report guy. He's like someone from the real world who got transplanted into the world of House of Cards and has to the deal with all the madness there. Tongue

Perhaps the most unrealistic season this far, but I kind of enjoy it despite (or because of) its ridiculousness. You've got to watch it as a comedy.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:31:58 AM »

I've finished the complete season now. While I enjoyed the election stuff, the season jumped the shark for me right after the election story was completed. After that, characters - including Frank - started to do random stuff for no apparent reason and by the end nothing seemed to make much sense anymore.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »

^^

*Spoilers below*

Yeah, mostly there seems to have been a change with regards to Frank Underwood. So far, he always followed a grand long-term scheme, but now his decisions have become more erratic and he makes things up as he goes along. He went to such great lenghts to defeat Conway and get re-elected, but then he apparently decides to just quit and hand the presidency over to Claire because he had spent a weekend in the woods with a couple of powerful CEOs who taught him the private sector is where the real power lies and because the investigation into his crimes had been opened up again (like he wasn't able to see that one coming).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies