French Legislative Election 2017
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:09:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Legislative Election 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 39
Author Topic: French Legislative Election 2017  (Read 98167 times)
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: June 11, 2017, 07:25:55 PM »

So there are apparently 4, not 3 candidates who won in first turn. Anyone knows who is the fourth one (the second one from LREM)?

I think Paris 1st

Found him already, but thanks for answer.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #501 on: June 11, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2017, 08:34:01 PM by heatcharger »

A flawless, beautiful mandate. I feel bad for Hamon and PS, but they were due for a wipeout when their president had a single-digit approval rating.

Perhaps in the not too distant future Corbyn can become PM, f**k everything up and alienate everyone, and then an upstart liberal party without the recent baggage of the LibDems can dominate everything like EM has. One can dream.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #502 on: June 11, 2017, 08:34:56 PM »

A flawless, beautiful mandate. I feel bad for Hamon and PS, but they were due for a wipeout when their president had a single-digit approval rating.

Perhaps in the not too distant future Corbyn can become PM, f**k everything up and alienate everyone, and then an upstart liberal party without the recent baggage of the LibDems can dominate everything like EM has. One can dream.

Get the f**k out of this thread you dumbass.
adma
« Reply #503 on: June 11, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »

Perhaps in the not too distant future Corbyn can become PM, f**k everything up and alienate everyone, and then an upstart liberal party led by without the recent baggage of the LibDems can dominate everything. One can dream.

"Flawless, beautiful" to a tyranny-of-the-centre fault.  That is, boring as f**k.  The only un-boring thing being the plethora of first-round knockouts for sitting parliamentarians (incl. Hamon).

It's like Ontario in the federal Chretien 90s all over again.  Unless one's into parsing the subtleties of the losers' numbers, it was totally yawn.  Ho-hum.  Zzzzzzz...

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #504 on: June 11, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »

Lol, sorry, but I really would like to see EM's success replicated elsewhere, particularly in the UK. Plus, Corbyn really could become PM soon enough, and I think it'd be a disaster.

"Flawless, beautiful" to a tyranny-of-the-centre fault.  That is, boring as f**k.  The only un-boring thing being the plethora of first-round knockouts for sitting parliamentarians (incl. Hamon).

Maybe you do, but I don't mind politics being boring at all.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #505 on: June 11, 2017, 10:52:19 PM »

Does anyone has a list of how many second round districts are

LREM-MoDem vs LR-UDI-Misc Right
LREM-MoDem vs FI
LREM-MoDem vs FN
LREM-MoDem vs PS-PRG-Misc Left
LR-UDI-Misc Right vs FI
LR-UDI-Misc Right vs FN
LR-UDI-Misc Right vs PS-PRG-Misc Left
FN vs FI
FN vs PS-PRG-Misc Left
FI vs PS-PRG-Misc Left

If no one else is doing this, I may tally it up tomorrow.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #506 on: June 11, 2017, 11:01:54 PM »

Can so successful first round to LREM backfire on them in next Sunday? People can vote to refuse to give so much power to them. Or old political hates can be stronger?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #507 on: June 11, 2017, 11:07:23 PM »

Can so successful first round to LREM backfire on them in next Sunday? People can vote to refuse to give so much power to them. Or old political hates can be stronger?

It's more that nobody seems to want to vote in this damn thing.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #508 on: June 11, 2017, 11:12:39 PM »

PS gets the beating it deserves for years of corruption at long last. The only downside is LR wasn't destroyed too.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #509 on: June 11, 2017, 11:16:12 PM »

Final map by constituency:

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2017, 11:44:59 PM »

PS gets the beating it deserves for years of corruption at long last.

You have no clue what you're talking about.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #511 on: June 11, 2017, 11:55:50 PM »

Lol, sorry, but I really would like to see EM's success replicated elsewhere, particularly in the UK. Plus, Corbyn really could become PM soon enough, and I think it'd be a disaster.

The think is, Britain was led by Flawless Beautiful Centrists from 1997-2007 and from 2010-2016. In case you hadn't noticed,  on both occasions it ended in a complete disaster.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #512 on: June 12, 2017, 12:05:29 AM »

Are the FN areas all large immigrant areas as well?
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #513 on: June 12, 2017, 12:06:42 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2017, 01:26:47 AM by mvd10 »

The think is, Britain was led by Flawless Beautiful Centrists from 1997-2007 and from 2010-2016. In case you hadn't noticed,  on both occasions it ended in a complete disaster.

Didn't like all recent premierships end in disaster in the UK? 2007-2010 and 2016-(hopefully 2017) probably won't be remembered well either.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #514 on: June 12, 2017, 12:10:30 AM »

The most hilarious results I found (thanks to r/europe):

Communism vs Fascism:
https://www.lefigaro.fr/elections/resultats/nord-59/circonscription-20/

Divers Gauche takes 1st,2nd,3rd,4th places:
https://www.lefigaro.fr/elections/resultats/guadeloupe-971/circonscription-03/
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2017, 12:23:08 AM »

Nord circonscription 16, which borders 20, is also Front national vs. Parti communiste.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #516 on: June 12, 2017, 12:29:20 AM »

The ones in the South around Marseille, Nice, Monaco etc. I guess are having a big share of immigrants.

The ones in the North are 95%+ French and mostly struggling former PS areas, coal mining and industrial areas ...
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2017, 12:38:07 AM »

The ones in the South around Marseille, Nice, Monaco etc. I guess are having a big share of immigrants.

The ones in the North are 95%+ French and mostly struggling former PS areas, coal mining and industrial areas ...

The FN ones in the South aren't around Nice or Monaco. They're near Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhône), Nimes (Gard), Béziers (Hérault), Perpignan (Pyrenées-Orientales).

They're areas with high immigration, but also are poorer than the swanky areas around Nice. They've also got a large proportion of pieds-noirs (French-Algerians who were kicked out after independence), elderly people and artisans/small shopkeepers. All of those are strong FN demographics.

parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2017, 12:42:21 AM »

The think is, Britain was led by Flawless Beautiful Centrists from 1997-2007 and from 2010-2016. In case you hadn't noticed,  on both occasions it ended in a complete disaster.

Didn't like all recent premierships end in disaster in the UK? 2007-2010 and 2016-(hopefully 2017) probably won't be rememebered well either.

Well arguably Brown and May were both just doing a bad job of mopping up after the disasters cause by their predecessors (although that is probably quite a kind way of looking at both of them).

Alternatively, the UK has become the Weimar Germany of the 21st century
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2017, 01:54:47 AM »

Didn't like all recent premierships end in disaster in the UK? 2007-2010 and 2016-(hopefully 2017) probably won't be rememebered well either.

Well arguably Brown and May were both just doing a bad job of mopping up after the disasters cause by their predecessors (although that is probably quite a kind way of looking at both of them).

Alternatively, the UK has become the Weimar Germany of the 21st century

All of Europe is really Weimar Germany at this point.
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #520 on: June 12, 2017, 02:33:44 AM »

LREM/MoDem: leading in 449 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 513 constituencies.
LR/UDI/DVD: leading in 67 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 300 constituencies.
FN: leading in 20 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 118 constituencies.
PS/EELV/DVG: leading in 27 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 73 constituencies.
FI/PCF: leading in 8 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 69 constituencies.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #521 on: June 12, 2017, 04:52:03 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2017, 05:18:28 AM by Watermelon sin Jamón »

Well, the writing was on the wall, wasn't it ? How can anyone somewhat sane want to participate in this mascarade ? Of course turnout was going to be abysmal. We need PR if we want to still have a parliamentary debate in this country, otherwise we're going to sink more and more into tyranny and street resistance. I guess this election epitomizes what a Condorcet winner is...
adma
« Reply #522 on: June 12, 2017, 05:34:31 AM »

LREM/MoDem: leading in 449 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 513 constituencies.
LR/UDI/DVD: leading in 67 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 300 constituencies.
FN: leading in 20 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 118 constituencies.
PS/EELV/DVG: leading in 27 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 73 constituencies.
FI/PCF: leading in 8 constituencies, will be in the runoff in 69 constituencies.

And if one considers that the happy-happy joy-joy big-tent-middleness of LREM/MD doesn't give much incentive to galvanize an *anti* vote, a big bulk of those constituencies where LREM/MD *isn't* leading is probably as good as theirs in the second round, anyway.  It's like what's left is flukes and scraps.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #523 on: June 12, 2017, 05:37:44 AM »

Wow, France is going to be an epic neoliberal fraud echo chamber.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #524 on: June 12, 2017, 06:29:58 AM »

Perhaps in the not too distant future Corbyn can become PM, f**k everything up and alienate everyone, and then an upstart liberal party led by without the recent baggage of the LibDems can dominate everything. One can dream.

It's like Ontario in the federal Chretien 90s all over again.  Unless one's into parsing the subtleties of the losers' numbers, it was totally yawn.  Ho-hum.  Zzzzzzz...

At least in the Chretien era you could model how a united conservative party would do. France doesn't even have that Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies