French Legislative Election 2017
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:44:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Legislative Election 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39
Author Topic: French Legislative Election 2017  (Read 98181 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: June 18, 2017, 11:55:22 PM »

The map is actually a bit surreal when you look at it - sure, some traditional patterns hold up, the left doing well in the South West and LR doing well in the Beauce and the Grand-Est and parts of Auvergne.

But the PS winning constituencies in Mayenne, Orne and Sarthe while faling to win any in places like the Pas-de-Calais or Dordogne is pretty hillarious.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #876 on: June 19, 2017, 12:02:01 AM »

Unsubmissive France did quite well in Seine-Saint-Denis. Of course, they did quite well there in the presidential election as well but I figured that was just for lack of other realistic left candidates. Do Muslims actually like Melenchon despite his assimilationist positions or is FI just getting the votes of all non-Muslims? Who were they fighting against in most of the Seine-Saint-Denis run-offs?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #877 on: June 19, 2017, 12:14:41 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2017, 12:21:12 AM by warandwar »

Unsubmissive France did quite well in Seine-Saint-Denis. Of course, they did quite well there in the presidential election as well but I figured that was just for lack of other realistic left candidates. Do Muslims actually like Melenchon despite his assimilationist positions or is FI just getting the votes of all non-Muslims? Who were they fighting against in most of the Seine-Saint-Denis run-offs?
Muslims in Seine-Saint-Denis definitely liked Melenchon. Their class may have more to do w/ it, but I'm pretty sure the banlieus weren't too much into Macron + autres big support for the killers of Adama Traore.
(And it's not like it's a new phenomenon that Seine-Saint-Denis likes the left)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #878 on: June 19, 2017, 12:19:50 AM »

Nice to see Melenchon and other left-wing parties winning seats.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #879 on: June 19, 2017, 12:24:02 AM »

Nice to see Melenchon and other left-wing parties winning seats.

44 seats is pretty sad, though.

It is, but given the presence of Macron (who will be a disaster and won't win a 2nd term), it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #880 on: June 19, 2017, 12:37:08 AM »

I'm surprised there's any genuine enthusiasm for Valls even on this forum. I'd have thought trashy amoral fat cats like jaichind would prefer to take their neoliberalism straight, rather than adulterated with the icky trappings of softcore post-social-democracy.

We do, but we take what we can get (we're fat cats after all).
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #881 on: June 19, 2017, 12:43:55 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2017, 01:20:39 AM by Trounce-'em Theresa »

I'm surprised there's any genuine enthusiasm for Valls even on this forum. I'd have thought trashy amoral fat cats like jaichind would prefer to take their neoliberalism straight, rather than adulterated with the icky trappings of softcore post-social-democracy.

You haven't posted much until recently so maybe you're not aware of how uniquely repulsive jaichind is yet. If you are, you taking a comment about people like him to include you is...concerning.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #882 on: June 19, 2017, 12:46:11 AM »

I doubt you are, unless you prefer dictatorship to democracy due to being more efficient, like him (along other wierd views nobody else here, either from the left or the right, ever approved of).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #883 on: June 19, 2017, 04:08:06 AM »

Map:

SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #884 on: June 19, 2017, 04:38:54 AM »

It's a pity this thread has become a constant whinge about Macron, LREM and the evil centrists...there will be more than enough time to discuss the presidency in the next few years.
Right now, given that this topic is about the legislative elections and the overall coverage on the internet is pretty low-quality, I was looking forward to some comments about the most important races and the more interesting candidates, too bad.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #885 on: June 19, 2017, 05:03:14 AM »

It's a pity this thread has become a constant whinge about Macron, LREM and the evil centrists...there will be more than enough time to discuss the presidency in the next few years.
Right now, given that this topic is about the legislative elections and the overall coverage on the internet is pretty low-quality, I was looking forward to some comments about the most important races and the more interesting candidates, too bad.
Sadly the far leftists who love to post on some of these threads love to derail them and say everyone but themselves are traitors to whatever cause they support.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #886 on: June 19, 2017, 07:19:52 AM »

Sadly the far leftists who love to post on some of these threads love to derail them and say everyone but themselves are traitors to whatever cause they support.

Macron is literally a European style liberal. Its not that hard to make the case that hes not a left winger.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #887 on: June 19, 2017, 07:37:06 AM »

I doubt you are, unless you prefer dictatorship to democracy due to being more efficient, like him (along other wierd views nobody else here, either from the left or the right, ever approved of).

You haven't posted much until recently so maybe you're not aware of how uniquely repulsive jaichind is yet. If you are, you taking a comment about people like him to include you is...concerning.

I was just joking, and yeah I know (and disapprove) about some of Jaichind's more peculiar views.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #888 on: June 19, 2017, 07:48:57 AM »

Macron is literally a European style liberal. Its not that hard to make the case that hes not a left winger.
What does that have to do with my observation?  Did I mention him at all in my post?
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #889 on: June 19, 2017, 09:08:05 AM »

there is for the LREM MP the split for their former party affiliation?
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #890 on: June 19, 2017, 12:51:02 PM »

His prime minister is a right-winger.  Try again please.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #891 on: June 19, 2017, 12:57:53 PM »

I don't view Macron as a traitor to 'my cause' as he's never been an advocate of 'my cause'.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #892 on: June 19, 2017, 01:36:48 PM »

I don't view Macron as a traitor to 'my cause' as he's never been an advocate of 'my cause'.
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #893 on: June 19, 2017, 04:35:29 PM »

Macron is a classical liberal. Édouard Philippe too (albeit a little more conservative). I don't see how their place on a left-right scale is up to debate; they are centrists, plain and simple.

Also,

Marine Le Pen elected and the FN's two incumbent MPs, Gilbert Collard and Jacques Bompard, re-elected.

Anything interesting about the other 5 FN members who got elected? Or are they just randos?

Jacques Bompard is not FN, he is from the "Ligue du Sud", a regionalist, catholic, far-right party centered around himself. The FN hate him, as they are really centralists.

About the other new FN MPs, I note Louis Aliot (Pyrénées-Orientales), Marine Le Pen's partner, and Sébastien Chenu (Nord), who is openly gay and a former member of LR.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #894 on: June 19, 2017, 04:39:33 PM »

SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #895 on: June 19, 2017, 11:07:36 PM »

Glad to see that Dupont-Aignan was re-elected.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #896 on: June 20, 2017, 03:02:01 AM »

Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #897 on: June 20, 2017, 11:51:56 AM »

A recount flipped one LR seat to PS, putting their final score at 45. The French wiki updated this but the English one hasn't yet.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #898 on: June 20, 2017, 03:33:00 PM »

Is there anywhere where I can see all the DVG DVD and other minor parties numbers?
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #899 on: June 20, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »

The seat that flipped on Monday is in Mayotte. Ramlati Ali (PS) is now given as winner with 7.992 votes compared to 7.938 for Elad Chakrina  (LR). Chakrina had a 12 votes advantage on Sunday evening.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies