French Legislative Election 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:09:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Legislative Election 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Legislative Election 2017  (Read 98468 times)
rob in cal
« on: May 07, 2017, 02:55:24 PM »

If the legislatives could be delayed a few months I wonder if Macron's honeymoon period would be over and EM wouldn't do as well.
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:14:19 PM »

Does the Republicains platform still call for the various national referenda that Fillon wanted?
rob in cal
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 12:41:33 AM »

Oh right, but in terms of the policies they would be about like immigration and government reform does the new platform include them?
rob in cal
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 10:56:50 AM »

In a nutshell why do so many posters on this board not like Valls?
rob in cal
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »

So it looks like there will be many seats where after the 1st round we might have a REM, Republican, a FN and a left candidate all making the 2nd round. In such circumstances what kind of stand down agreements are likely, if at all.
rob in cal
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:34:27 PM »

So it looks like LRM will win a majority of seats with much less than a majority of 1st round votes. Nothing new here I realize, but I wonder what the minimum threshold of nationwide votes it needs to win a bare majority. With such a splintering of the electorate the French single member district winner take all with runoffs might just yield a new low in disproportional results.  Here's hoping the Fabulous Beautiful One will deliver on his election reform promise.
rob in cal
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 10:52:40 AM »

Is there a list of seats with the highest % of Moslem voters? I'm guessing most are on the outskirts of the bigger cities but wonder if there is a handy list. Intresting to see how the Beautiful One's candidates will do in them.
rob in cal
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »

The real question is, what % of total seats will be won by the 67% of the electorate who did not vote for FBM candidates in the first round.  What a contrast the final results will be in terms of seats vs the French European Parliament delegation which is elected by PR.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies