French Legislative Election 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:51:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Legislative Election 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Legislative Election 2017  (Read 98375 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: June 12, 2017, 12:23:08 AM »

Nord circonscription 16, which borders 20, is also Front national vs. Parti communiste.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 06:15:23 PM »

Not voting is obviously profoundly dumb (and I would say that casting a blank vote instead of voting for whoever the marginally lesser evil does not strike me as a very useful way to make your voice heard, but I guess I can respect this), but the entire point of Ned Stark's character is to demonstrate that you can't really have the attitude he does and expect to accomplish a whole lot.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »

How many of the various LR/PS/autres candidates elected are "presidential majority" types? Paris-18, for example, was a race between an LR macronista and a PS macronista. I would ask about Manuel Valls, but on these numbers he's almost certainly lost his seat anyway, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 01:39:25 PM »

Haha, literally seconds after I thought he was sure to go
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »

Le Pen called for proportional voting system. Just curious, what is REM's position on that? I'm guessing that just like the others they don't want to give FN a better advantage.

Macron called for a mixed-member proportional system in his campaign, with a minority of seats in the AssNat elected off party lists, but it's uncertain that he'll go through with this considering how much the present system has helped him and that the FN are his polar opposites...
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 01:57:01 PM »

On the Marianne map, there are currently 4 Communists and 3 Melenchonistas, with PS running way ahead of both groups -- even if some PS are presidential majority types, it seems like they'll still be the largest left-wing group in the next Parliament?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 03:25:52 PM »

France 24 says that LREM headquarters is very quite and somber.  They know they totally under-performed.

Beautiful! Hopefully this is a harbinger of things to come.

More majorities for macronismo! I agree.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 05:17:42 PM »

How much support is there within LR for Macronismo? Are successful candidates who Macron stood aside for (like Pierre-Yves Bournazel or Franck Riester, to give two examples from the Paris area) likely to stay put in the LR parliamentary group, form their own party, or cross the floor?

And what about PS? I noticed the one PS winner from the city of Paris, George Pau-Langevin, was a close Macron ally from before he was a very prominent national figure, and is also someone Macron stood aside for.

More broadly -- what happens to elements outside of LREM/MoDem that were elected with LREM/MoDem support?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies