French Legislative Election 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:43:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Legislative Election 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Legislative Election 2017  (Read 98357 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: June 03, 2017, 06:16:40 PM »

If anyone is wondering, I've decided that I'll vote for Jocelyne Le Boulicaut (EELV) on the first round, and write in a fictional character in the inevitable LREM-LR runoff.
May I suggest Tom Bombadil ?

I mean, he would probably be an EELV supporter if he could be roused to care about politics, which he couldn't.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 04:30:32 PM »

I'm surprised there's any genuine enthusiasm for Valls even on this forum. I'd have thought trashy amoral fat cats like jaichind would prefer to take their neoliberalism straight, rather than adulterated with the icky trappings of softcore post-social-democracy.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 04:40:34 PM »

I'm surprised there's any genuine enthusiasm for Valls even on this forum.
Valls has been one of the few consistently pro-Jewish voices in France, which is very important to me.

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:24:06 PM »

I'm surprised there's any genuine enthusiasm for Valls even on this forum. I'd have thought trashy amoral fat cats like jaichind would prefer to take their neoliberalism straight, rather than adulterated with the icky trappings of softcore post-social-democracy.

You don't seem to account to those like myself who strategically choose to be neutral/fly-on-the-wall bystanders and who find that this hand-wringing over Valls (in either direction) to being a boring sausagefest by the sorts of poli-sci twerps and dorks who'd rather geek out over Game of Thrones in their off-time.  (And I *do* mean sausagefest--like, figuratively speaking, I'd be like the fair lady who tells them all "you're all creeps".)

You and I know very different types of women.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 12:43:55 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2017, 01:20:39 AM by Trounce-'em Theresa »

We do, but we take what we can get (we're fat cats after all).

You haven't posted much until recently so maybe you're not aware of how uniquely repulsive jaichind is yet. If you are, you taking a comment about people like him to include you is...concerning.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:39:33 PM »

I don't view Macron as a traitor to 'my cause' as he's never been an advocate of 'my cause'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies