Opinion of TrumpCare
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:14:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of TrumpCare
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you have voted for it?
Yes; freedom bill

No; horrible bill

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Opinion of TrumpCare  (Read 720 times)
mieastwick
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 04, 2017, 03:26:27 PM »

I would have voted for it, I guess. Amash was for it; Massie against, and most of the big league fiscal conservatives were in favor, so I guess it's OK.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »

I haven't made up my mind.  I've heard all of the bad things about it, but could someone provide good info about it?

(Also, it's not really Trump's)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »

Sick and wrong...like every broad U.S. Healthcare proposal (not counting Medicare or Medicaid) besides Bernie's, Nixon's, and New Deal ideas.

This just happens to be in the wrong direction.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:53:21 PM »

Every bill that isn't a step toward better healthcare or healthcare for more people is wrong. America should have high-quality universal healthcare. Obamacare was a step in the right direction. Trumpcare is wrong. Perhaps this failure may cause the public to become more supportive of universal healthcare though.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »

Every bill that isn't a step toward better healthcare or healthcare for more people is wrong. America should have high-quality universal healthcare. Obamacare was a step in the right direction. Trumpcare is wrong. Perhaps this failure may cause the public to become more supportive of universal healthcare though.

That's why i support Obamacare as that led us on the path to universal healthcare without doing single payer.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »

This, of course.

I haven't made up my mind.  I've heard all of the bad things about it, but could someone provide good info about it?
Basically, if you are a rich person who never goes to the doctor, this bill is great for you.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 01:56:48 PM »

Can't think of anything positive about it, other than defunding PP for a year.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 02:31:50 PM »

Besides pre-existing conditions (which has hogged media coverage so far)...

1. TrumpCare will allow insurance companies to deny coverage on maternal care, mental health, and prescription drugs.

2. TrumpCare also no longer offers tax credits based on healthcare costs or household income, only age. Though even people who are older would receive less than they did under ObamaCare.

"A 64-year-old who makes $26,500 a year could see net out-of-pocket costs increase from $1,700 a year under the current law to $14,600 a year under the GOP plan, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates."

3. TrumpCare also will also allow anyone 65+ to be charged up to 500% what someone under 65 is charged, for the same plan.

4. Federal support for Medicaid expansion would end. But not only that...

5. You'll also be required to have a job to receive Medicaid, unless pregnant/disabled/elderly (a major number of people on Medicaid are recently laid off and take a couple years to find a new job).

6. After 2020, they'd also change Medicaid where they will cap the amount each person can get, for those who do still qualify for it. There are 75 million Americans currently on Medicaid who will now have a "cap" on how much their Medicaid insurance will cover.

7. Medicaid after 2020 will also no longer be required to cover emergency care, pregnancy, newborn care, pediatric services, or prescription drugs.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trumpcare-bill-could-affect-health-care-consumers-014600693--abc-news-topstories.html

"Do unto others as you would have done unto you."
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 02:34:04 PM »

As for pre-existing conditions, and how people with them will be charged a lot more, just look at this list... it's basically everything besides the common cold

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 03:10:00 PM »

No (doesn't want people to die in the streets from easily preventable diseases)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 03:49:46 PM »

Isn't basically like Obamacare, but without actually spending enough money to run it? Yeah, no.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 03:54:23 PM »

A step towards getting the government out of the health care business, so I would have voted for it even though I would have just preferred a bill that said "the government has no role in funding or providing health care".
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »

A step towards getting the government out of the health care business, so I would have voted for it even though I would have just preferred a bill that said "the government has no role in funding or providing health care".

What about disabled veterans?

You see, they knew the risks when they took the job, so it's obviously their own personal responsibility. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »

It's an awful pile. It's also going to kill a lot of poor southern white conservatives so that's ultimate karma and awful at the same time.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »

I'm a pretty ideological person, but this INSISTENCE that you see from a lot of people on the hard right that The Government CANNOT CANNOT MUST NOT CANNOT have any role in providing health coverage has got to be one of the premiere examples of pursuing ideological utopianism at the expense of working with real world in American politics today.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 05:06:36 PM »

Pretty awful.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »

What about disabled veterans?

You see, they knew the risks when they took the job, so it's obviously their own personal responsibility. Smiley

No, they are government employees, so obviously that is an exception.  Prices would be driven down to the point that there would be no need for health insurance if only there weren't insurance to insulate us from the costs (with plans for catastrophic events).  Buying a doctor visit should be more like buying a loaf of bread.  A huge part of the problem is that we don't see a board with the prices they charge for each procedure so that people can pick and choose what they want.  If we actually had a real supply-and-demand system here, there would be little need for insurance at all (and, for poor people, if there were no government programs, there would be no poor people because they would actually want to get out of poverty instead of mooch off the government),
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies