Ukrainian government declares Steven Seagal a threat to national security
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:29:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukrainian government declares Steven Seagal a threat to national security
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukrainian government declares Steven Seagal a threat to national security  (Read 1213 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »

...and bans him from entering their country.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/may/05/ukraine-bans-steven-seagal-national-security-russian-citizenship
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »

Ukraine is literally a joke country. I'm tired of the BS that comes out of Kiev instead of addressing its increasingly horrifying antisemitism problem, among other issues.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 03:44:45 PM »

Ukraine is literally a joke country. I'm tired of the BS that comes out of Kiev instead of addressing its increasingly horrifying antisemitism problem, among other issues.

What are you talking about?  All the information I've been able to google indicates that there are quite a few European counties with worse antisemitism problems and that the worst antisemitism in the Ukraine is occurring in the Russian occupied eastern portion.

There has been an increase in emigration of Ukrainian Jews to Israel of late, but that's been largely due to the dire situation in Ukraine for everyone, not just Jews who get to make use of a "Right to Return" to escape Ukraine.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »

steven seagull is just a poster-kid for autocracy at this point.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »

Like the country barely holding up.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »

What are you talking about?  All the information I've been able to google indicates that there are quite a few European counties with worse antisemitism problems and that the worst antisemitism in the Ukraine is occurring in the Russian occupied eastern portion.

There has been an increase in emigration of Ukrainian Jews to Israel of late, but that's been largely due to the dire situation in Ukraine for everyone, not just Jews who get to make use of a "Right to Return" to escape Ukraine.

Well, yesterday Kiev local authorities renamed one of the city streets in favour of Shukhevych (Roman Shukhevych)

Also right now Ukraine is probably the best place for Neo-nazis in the world (of course Ukraine government isn't nazist or antisemitic government, but their cooperation with radical nationalists wouldn't ended well)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »

What are you talking about?  All the information I've been able to google indicates that there are quite a few European counties with worse antisemitism problems and that the worst antisemitism in the Ukraine is occurring in the Russian occupied eastern portion.

Polish far-rightist keep moaning about how bad Ukrainian fascists are treating Poles there, which turns out to be mostly BS. Can't speak on other related issues.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 01:47:58 PM »

I'm tired of the BS that comes out of Kiev instead of addressing its increasingly horrifying antisemitism problem, among other issues.
Yeah, Ukraine is still antisemitic as hell. See also this. But of course that cannot stand in the way of the EU's geopolitical dreams Roll Eyes
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 06:26:25 PM »

most of the "russian world" is still quite antisemitic, eh?

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 07:57:13 PM »

Yea if you were to tell somebody back in 1917 that a country would end up killing 6 million Jews 25 years later. I would bet most would assume it would be the Russian Empire, the land of mass pogroms and nasty antisemitism, which was bad even for it's day. Germany was much less anti Semitic than Russia historically.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 05:09:19 AM »

Well, modern Polish antisemitism was largely awaken by antisemitic campaigns in Russia when we were under their rule. It had absolutely no basis in our previous history.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:01:31 AM »

not as 100 years ago, now it's antisemitism-light

main threat for jews in post-ussr countries are Neo-Nazis. In Russia and Belarus this movement is completely destroyed by governments, but new Ukranian authorities work with Nazis (one reason - they are good soldiers and created some regiments during 2014 crysis)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies