Republicans, what do you think happens to the uninsured? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:31:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans, what do you think happens to the uninsured? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans, what do you think happens to the uninsured?  (Read 3547 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: May 08, 2017, 01:17:30 PM »

Not a Republican of the Trump variety or backing the AHCA but I would say that mandating insurance (through the penalties stipulated under the AHCA) isn't a horrible idea. If we required everyone to carry insurance, with stiff penalties, we would force healthies with the sick pool. Coupled with strong collective bargaining by the government to keep down prices, it would probably work well. Drug reform as well would drive down healthcare costs as well as getting rid of the antiquated World War II employer-sponsored healthcare system.

I'm aware it resembles the ACA but I'm pointing out there are ways to deal with the uninsured under a capitalist healthcare system. We need not need single payer from a policy standpoint where there are other good options.

I won't offer a defense of the current asinine idiocy known as "AHCA," designed to buy off the Freedom Caucus and not worth discussing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies