Things you like about President Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:23:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Things you like about President Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Things you like about President Trump  (Read 3822 times)
538Electoral

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2019, 10:09:38 PM »

The economy is the big one.

I also generally support his foreign policy.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2019, 10:11:10 PM »

As a person?  Absolutely nothing. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2019, 10:37:28 PM »

1.  His foreign policy is an improvement over Obama's.

2.  He has actually expended political capital to advance the social conservative issues that are important to social conservatives and religious conservatives.

3.  He fights back and takes more crap than anyone in politics I've ever seen.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2019, 10:42:29 PM »

He's sometimes (emphasis on sometimes) genuinely funny in an insult-comic kind of way. And, like OP said lo those many moons ago, I respect his choice not to drink. That's about all that comes to mind.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2019, 10:48:44 PM »

Resilience.

Probably the key moment where I really saw how resilient his character was was when the 2nd or 3rd Presidential debate occurred with Hillary and the Democrats had just dropped their bus sex comment tape with "grab 'em on the pussy".

Trump came out at that debate under an excruciating media frenzy and spoke calmly and unscathed, and held firm, and actually turned the debate in his favour.

Unheard of.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2019, 10:56:42 PM »

Resilience.

Probably the key moment where I really saw how resilient his character was was when the 2nd or 3rd Presidential debate occurred with Hillary and the Democrats had just dropped their bus sex comment tape with "grab 'em on the pussy".

Trump came out at that debate under an excruciating media frenzy and spoke calmly and unscathed, and held firm, and actually turned the debate in his favour.

Unheard of.

Trump has this quality in extreme excess.  It's the quality that triggers the libs the most.  Right when they think they "have him", he weathers the storm and either rights the ship, or lets loose with a salvo that sinks the enemy vessel.

Whatever you think about Trump, calling him "thin-skinned" is ridiculous.  He "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'" more than any public figure I've ever seen, bar none.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2019, 02:27:51 AM »

Resilience.

Unheard of.

Trump has this quality in extreme excess.  It's the quality that triggers the libs the most.  Right when they think they "have him", he weathers the storm and either rights the ship, or lets loose with a salvo that sinks the enemy vessel.

Whatever you think about Trump, calling him "thin-skinned" is ridiculous.  He "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'" more than any public figure I've ever seen, bar none.
He takes a licking and keeps on tickibg, AND he gets triggered about it along the way.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2019, 02:33:02 AM »

He was willing to talk about peace with The Taliban. I don't think Clinton would have done that.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2019, 02:55:07 AM »

Resilience.

Unheard of.

Very true. Resilience is a quality Trump shares with other great people like Mao Tsetung and Hitler who kept going when things got tough. The grab em by the pussy tape is another great example of Trump's resilience since the Republican party is big on respecting womens rights and it's just funny as can be that Trump got away with repeated sexual harrasment unless its Bill Clinton then Rs think it's bad and not resilience
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2019, 03:25:55 AM »

He pulled back the curtain and showed us how ugly some people are beneath the surface. His candidacy gave us a very honest idea of just how hateful we have become. And by hateful I don't mean racist or sexist. I mean that there are a large number of people who seem to genuinely enjoy the idea of others suffering. The call for mass deportations, banning Muslims, "law and order", locking Hillary up (for whatever reason), and the fact that what so many Trump supporters loved most about Trump winning was seeing liberals demoralized and beaten down does not reflect well on us. And yes, before any conservatives point it out, I know that there are liberals who fantasize about Trump or his supporters suffering.

For a while, I believed that people were generally good, and had good intentions. Trump popped that bubble I was living in, and it's a good thing that he did. There are plenty of good people in the world, but a lot of people are perfectly content being nasty and selfish.

I stand by this post completely.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2019, 07:11:01 AM »

Resilience.

Unheard of.

Very true. Resilience is a quality Trump shares with other great people like Mao Tsetung and Hitler who kept going when things got tough. The grab em by the pussy tape is another great example of Trump's resilience since the Republican party is big on respecting womens rights and it's just funny as can be that Trump got away with repeated sexual harrasment unless its Bill Clinton then Rs think it's bad and not resilience

Off topic. Please read thread title.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2019, 07:21:11 AM »

he can be funny, sometimes even on purpose.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2019, 07:36:29 AM »

He's not nearly as bas as Hitler. That's a big plus!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »

There hasnt been no terrorist attack. Aside from being funny, it would have served Trump, Bush W and Palin, to show contrition. Bush W was contrite during 911, but during the Saddam Hussein years, he went back to the way his father acted, and denying when he got caught. Trump or Palin never have said sorry, but Bill Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Hillary and Obama felt people's pain. Biden doesnt, that's why he is caught up in Ukraine with Trump Russian probe.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2019, 10:45:54 AM »

The Apprentice was great.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2019, 04:03:35 PM »

Resilience.

Unheard of.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2019, 06:38:05 PM »

He's not nearly as bas as Hitler. That's a big plus!

Don't forget - he's also old, unhealthy, and dysfunctional! These are excellent traits to have in a mad dictator.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2019, 06:42:20 PM »

He's not a twin.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2019, 07:07:57 PM »

Lol!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2019, 07:20:24 PM »

What do you have against us?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2019, 07:56:39 PM »

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2019, 01:13:19 AM »

I like that he is impeached.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2019, 01:16:58 AM »

His last name isn't Buchanan.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2019, 01:53:59 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2019, 01:58:22 AM by Tartarus Sauce »

Quote from: Fuzzy Condemns Matt Shea AND The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem
Trump has this quality in extreme excess.  It's the quality that triggers the libs the most.  Right when they think they "have him", he weathers the storm and either rights the ship, or lets loose with a salvo that sinks the enemy vessel.

Whatever you think about Trump, calling him "thin-skinned" is ridiculous.  He "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'" more than any public figure I've ever seen, bar none.

Your counter on the thin-skin label is quite frankly absurd. Being thin-skinned has nothing to with resilience and everything to do with sensitivity to criticism. There hasn't been an insult or critique Trump has been able to turn the other cheek on throughout his life. He has plenty of exposed nerves that always trigger a reaction when hit.

Nobody is denying that the man is fueled by vicious quarreling and petty spite, but one of the main reasons he spends so much time verbally sparring with people is because he is incapable of ignoring any attack on his character, competency, or achievements.

That's textbook thin-skinned.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2019, 02:21:32 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2019, 02:27:16 AM by Cory Booker »

Thanks to Trunp, silver lining, is that Dems can recover most of the seats lost in the House and Senate that we have lost since the 2010 and 2014 wave yrs; including: defeat McConnell who was able to get by ALG

The economy is not good , as Bernie Sanders always say, that the real unemployment is 5%, whom are workers whom are unemployed or underemployed, whom are females and minorities.  Whom have to supplement their income with welfare,  due to having to live off minimum wage jobs to support kids. Of course,  the enterpreneurs whom are white families who make salaries, to support kids are getting by with Middle class jobs. They work as teachers, doctors and lawyers

Automation has accelerated the income gap between minorities and white families
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies