Things you like about President Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:37:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Things you like about President Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Things you like about President Trump  (Read 3755 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 12:56:06 PM »

He may be a thin skinned person, but he doesn't let anyone push him around and he always responds to them. Also has no fear I guess lol.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »

I like how he conned almost all of his supporters, even with his history as a conman and people from all sides telling them that it would happen.
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 01:26:23 PM »

Gorsuch (though he is far too socially conservative for my tastes, the Dems are worse on social issues in different ways and are substantially worse on economic issues), regulatory reform, opportunity for healthcare reform.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 01:49:02 PM »

Credit where credit is due:
  • Freezing federal hiring
  • Appointing Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court
  • Killing TPP
  • Appointing Scott Pruitt to EPA
  • Approving Keystone XL, Dakota Access pipelines
  • Granting maximum deference to the individual in PPACA enforcement.
  • Continuing to call out the media's slanted presentation of the news
But all of that is terrible.

I wouldn't call killing TPP terrible, that's probably the one thing he's done as president that I approve of so far.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2017, 05:28:09 PM »

Yeah, of all qualities, you chose that, Hermit? C'mon now. The guy has five children by three different women, probably cheated several times (or more), makes sexually suggestive comments about his daughter occasionally, and married a model who obviously doesn't really love him back.

For me though, there is something about him that I do like, and I can't really put my finger on it. It's something very primal and masculine in nature, even though his tough guy act is an obvious facade.

OK, maybe I should amend my comment to read he "appears" to provide well for his family.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 05:30:27 PM »

I can't really name anything. Sure, there are negatives like "he is NOT a raging homophobe", "he has NOT started WW3", "NOT every appointee is a disaster".

Of course there exist and I can imagine worse people in the world. He's not a serial killer. But there is nothing particular about him that is likeable. His political views are awful, his personality is awful, his habits are awful. A man who eats steaks well-done and doesn't drink can't be trusted.

This makes me lol!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 05:32:07 PM »

He pulled back the curtain and showed us how ugly some people are beneath the surface. His candidacy gave us a very honest idea of just how hateful we have become. And by hateful I don't mean racist or sexist. I mean that there are a large number of people who seem to genuinely enjoy the idea of others suffering. The call for mass deportations, banning Muslims, "law and order", locking Hillary up (for whatever reason), and the fact that what so many Trump supporters loved most about Trump winning was seeing liberals demoralized and beaten down does not reflect well on us. And yes, before any conservatives point it out, I know that there are liberals who fantasize about Trump or his supporters suffering.

For a while, I believed that people were generally good, and had good intentions. Trump popped that bubble I was living in, and it's a good thing that he did. There are plenty of good people in the world, but a lot of people are perfectly content being nasty and selfish.

Unfortunately I think you are right.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »

I like that he isn't afraid to speak his mind and state his OWN opinion. Even though it can be reckless and I disagree with most of his opinions.

I agree that we need to be tougher on illegal immigration but the wall and mass deportations are idiotic

I like his pick of James Mattis for Secretary of Defense.

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2017, 06:52:09 PM »

Nothing. He's absolute garbage.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »

I like that he isn't afraid to speak his mind and state his OWN opinion. Even though it can be reckless and I disagree with most of his opinions.

I agree that we need to be tougher on illegal immigration but the wall and mass deportations are idiotic

I like his pick of James Mattis for Secretary of Defense.

I think I love you. 
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2017, 07:04:42 PM »

Not one thing.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »

He pulled back the curtain and showed us how ugly some people are beneath the surface. His candidacy gave us a very honest idea of just how hateful we have become. And by hateful I don't mean racist or sexist. I mean that there are a large number of people who seem to genuinely enjoy the idea of others suffering. The call for mass deportations, banning Muslims, "law and order", locking Hillary up (for whatever reason), and the fact that what so many Trump supporters loved most about Trump winning was seeing liberals demoralized and beaten down does not reflect well on us. And yes, before any conservatives point it out, I know that there are liberals who fantasize about Trump or his supporters suffering.

For a while, I believed that people were generally good, and had good intentions. Trump popped that bubble I was living in, and it's a good thing that he did. There are plenty of good people in the world, but a lot of people are perfectly content being nasty and selfish.

This is actually a very good post. I cannot believe I'm in a somewhat agreeable form with it, but I understand.

I think the big thing here is freedom. Democracy. Voting.

Did we ever vote on Same Sex Marriage? Yes we did. My state banned it 61.7%. This was 2004, not 1952. Now it's the "law of the land". But did we ever get to vote on it?

How would the map of gay marriage, religious freedoms, interracial marriage look without Federal courts stepping in? What would busing be like in America without Federal courts?

I think Judicial Activism has been a major factor in the dividing of America. The same court that legalized gay marriage also gave Americans the right to discriminate if it goes against their religious views.

The bad news for liberals was that 46% of the country openly voted for a man who they consider "deplorable".
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2017, 02:29:43 AM »

The day he leaves office.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2017, 03:42:48 AM »

I thought his election would cause a massive shift in the Democratic party's direction but he hasn't even done that for me so I got nothing.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2017, 04:01:42 AM »

He is highly memetic, and has revolutionized the role of social media in Presidential campaigns. It is ironic that a 70-year old would be the one to drag campaigning into the 21st century, but hey. He also engenders some hilarious reactions.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2017, 07:32:41 AM »

If nothing else, he's dramatically increased interest in electoral politics in both parties.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2017, 09:39:41 PM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2019, 07:10:50 PM »

Is President Trump emerging a little bit more responsible lately?

Am I dreaming?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2019, 07:11:59 PM »

This thread is worth a re-read. Very interesting what people were saying before the impeachment.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2019, 07:17:14 PM »

Better foreign policy than Obama
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2019, 07:23:46 PM »

Probably his commitment to his faith. Trump is a man of God and the repeated attacks by his detractors have less to do with his lifelong pattern of criminal behavior but has more to do with their inability to accept the unique way Trump praises out Lord: conning people, sexual harrassment, bigotry, and ineptitude are just Trumps way of bringing himself closer to God. The Liberal media will never understand this unless that liberal media has polls showing Trump doing a good job then the Liberal media is telling the truth.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2019, 09:51:29 PM »

In theory or in practice? Or both?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix