Things you like about President Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:52:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Things you like about President Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Things you like about President Trump  (Read 3804 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 07, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »

He pulled back the curtain and showed us how ugly some people are beneath the surface. His candidacy gave us a very honest idea of just how hateful we have become. And by hateful I don't mean racist or sexist. I mean that there are a large number of people who seem to genuinely enjoy the idea of others suffering. The call for mass deportations, banning Muslims, "law and order", locking Hillary up (for whatever reason), and the fact that what so many Trump supporters loved most about Trump winning was seeing liberals demoralized and beaten down does not reflect well on us. And yes, before any conservatives point it out, I know that there are liberals who fantasize about Trump or his supporters suffering.

For a while, I believed that people were generally good, and had good intentions. Trump popped that bubble I was living in, and it's a good thing that he did. There are plenty of good people in the world, but a lot of people are perfectly content being nasty and selfish.

This is actually a very good post. I cannot believe I'm in a somewhat agreeable form with it, but I understand.

I think the big thing here is freedom. Democracy. Voting.

Did we ever vote on Same Sex Marriage? Yes we did. My state banned it 61.7%. This was 2004, not 1952. Now it's the "law of the land". But did we ever get to vote on it?

How would the map of gay marriage, religious freedoms, interracial marriage look without Federal courts stepping in? What would busing be like in America without Federal courts?

I think Judicial Activism has been a major factor in the dividing of America. The same court that legalized gay marriage also gave Americans the right to discriminate if it goes against their religious views.

The bad news for liberals was that 46% of the country openly voted for a man who they consider "deplorable".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies