Harsh truths/posts you wish weren't true megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:40:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Harsh truths/posts you wish weren't true megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harsh truths/posts you wish weren't true megathread  (Read 190 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2017, 02:36:47 PM »

I know that there's already the Lief thread, but I thought we could have a thread dedicated to posts specifically with unpleasant truths. For example, as someone who wants to see the ACA as a step toward universal coverage, it's hard to argue with this post:

The most honest and sophisticated discussions of the ACA cannot but admit that it does not amount to universal coverage. You may have noticed that many political discussions are not especially honest or sophisticated. A large share of the voting public does not understand the difference - e.g. multiple major newspapers have run columns clarifying that the ACA is not universal within the past several months.

We've also seen a great deal of outrage over AHCA leaving millions of people uncovered. Only a moral monster could support that, we are told. Unfortunately, the ACA also left 25M+ Americans without health insurance. That was more than before, of course, and at a higher standard of coverage, but it's not as if no one lost their coverage because of the law.

I'm not trying to be obtuse. If Democrats campaign on achieving universal coverage, this is an obvious and natural question for most voters: What the hell did you do in 2009? That's not an easy question to answer. It is not an easy appeal to clarify.

Apologies if there's already a thread like this one.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies