Is there a "scene" in Aisne?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:21:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is there a "scene" in Aisne?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is there a "scene" in Aisne?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Is there a "scene" in Aisne?  (Read 790 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »
« edited: May 07, 2017, 09:45:36 PM by Compassion Fills the Void »

I'd think no. I suppose Saint Quentin might have the occasional show but I'm not sure what anyone would see there as a logical place to play. At best it might be an occasional stop for bands from Lille or some of the border areas from Brussels, and maybe every now and then they can get a band from Paris, but I doubt any particularly big or well known ones. Although you could also just play Reims which I'm sure is a better spot too. So unless someone quite dedicated to booking shows lives there, probably not.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 10:42:00 PM »

Oh BRTD, never ever change.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 05:14:57 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGPXjiwlWZc

Case closed
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:26:11 AM »

BTRD,

W H Y ? ? ?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »

I'd assume there is one in Pas-de-Calais.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 02:53:07 PM »

www.aisne.org
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »

Who knows, but I do know that the words rhyme!
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 12:29:50 AM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »

I'd assume there is one in Pas-de-Calais.

Why play there instead of Lille?
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »

Why play in Lille instead of Brussels?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »

Why play in Brussels instead of Amsterdam or Paris?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »

Why not play both? Easy back to back dates if on tour.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »

Well the total population of the main conurbation (Béthune to Hénin-Beaumont, centered on Lens) is around 500,000 or so... we aren't talking a bunch of villages here, but a lot of large towns that have merged together into a single urban unit (while each also retains its own sense of self to an extent). So that would be a reason. And then you have Calais which is a big town with over 70,000 people, as Boulogne-sur-Mer and Arras (both over 40,000 and the latter is a service centre for a wide rural hinterland) so...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 01:15:12 AM »

Well the total population of the main conurbation (Béthune to Hénin-Beaumont, centered on Lens) is around 500,000 or so... we aren't talking a bunch of villages here, but a lot of large towns that have merged together into a single urban unit (while each also retains its own sense of self to an extent). So that would be a reason. And then you have Calais which is a big town with over 70,000 people, as Boulogne-sur-Mer and Arras (both over 40,000 and the latter is a service centre for a wide rural hinterland) so...

Thing is (granted this is from American experience), people don't like traveling far to go to shows. That doesn't mean they won't obviously, if it's a huge band or some classic one doing a reunion tour which happens ALL THE TIME now people will travel far and to other cities, but if you're just going to see some local bands play a quick get together show or a small one doing a regional tour, you're not going to drive 30 miles or so to do it, or spend a couple hours on public transit. And if some big American band is touring, they're probably going to just play Lille obviously...so the best bet would be to hold some smaller show which would probably be all local bands (although I guess in this area "local" could also include Belgium), but it would be quite small. Hard to pull off that sort of show unless it's in a college town or a show that will appeal to mostly high school kids in a venue that doesn't serve alcohol, which doesn't really happen anymore because today's high schoolers have terrible taste in music. Although once again, very US-centric view there...Also consider the type of people who go to these shows. Are you going to find them in such an area, or the "hip" part of Lille? I mean I remember when I posted about an Austrian hardcore band Cranberry was shocked that bands like that existed even in Innsbruck.

But if I ever find a French band on some streaming place or Dreambound or whatever, they're always from Lyon, Toulese, Marseilles, Lille or Paris it seems. Not like that everywhere, if Germany they're just as likely to be from some obscure town in the Rhineland area than Frankfurt or Berlin. It's weird. Even weirder perhaps is the comp of European bands I have from 1995 that I picked up on Record Store Day that I included a pic of in that recent post that includes a band on it from....Niederkorn, Luxembourg. But France is not Germany or Luxembourg.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 01:40:35 AM »

OMG, I remember that! One of the few pleasant memories from Middle School.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 08:24:55 AM »

Thing is (granted this is from American experience), people don't like traveling far to go to shows. That doesn't mean they won't obviously, if it's a huge band or some classic one doing a reunion tour which happens ALL THE TIME now people will travel far and to other cities, but if you're just going to see some local bands play a quick get together show or a small one doing a regional tour, you're not going to drive 30 miles or so to do it, or spend a couple hours on public transit. And if some big American band is touring, they're probably going to just play Lille obviously...so the best bet would be to hold some smaller show which would probably be all local bands (although I guess in this area "local" could also include Belgium), but it would be quite small. Hard to pull off that sort of show unless it's in a college town or a show that will appeal to mostly high school kids in a venue that doesn't serve alcohol, which doesn't really happen anymore because today's high schoolers have terrible taste in music. Although once again, very US-centric view there...Also consider the type of people who go to these shows. Are you going to find them in such an area, or the "hip" part of Lille? I mean I remember when I posted about an Austrian hardcore band Cranberry was shocked that bands like that existed even in Innsbruck.

But if I ever find a French band on some streaming place or Dreambound or whatever, they're always from Lyon, Toulese, Marseilles, Lille or Paris it seems. Not like that everywhere, if Germany they're just as likely to be from some obscure town in the Rhineland area than Frankfurt or Berlin. It's weird. Even weirder perhaps is the comp of European bands I have from 1995 that I picked up on Record Store Day that I included a pic of in that recent post that includes a band on it from....Niederkorn, Luxembourg. But France is not Germany or Luxembourg.

The most salient point is the Lillle is actually a pretty hispter town with a big university, and Béthune is not...

Although having said that, I used to regularly get the train 60km to Lausanne for gigs when I was in high school, it was less than an hour door-to-door.

And you can drink at age 16 in France, so there is no need for alcohol free venues.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 08:29:50 AM »

Ah so that's what Les Guignols was parodying here:

https://youtu.be/UeG-af-F04Q
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 08:35:35 AM by parochial boy »

love it, thank you for reminding how brilliant Les Guignols are!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies