Opinion on BRTD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:20:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion on BRTD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: -skip-
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Opinion on BRTD  (Read 2493 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2017, 06:32:14 PM »

Should make less hot takes, but on the whole, is worthy of being called a kind and solid poster. FF.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »

Yup. Nothing more mature than a 30 something year old adult repeatedly trying to incite other adults into personally insulting a known child. Clearly, we should all respond to child trolls with constructive, totally non personal criticisms such as calling them illiterate morons, or nazis, or such is much better suited to encouraging more thoughtful posts.

Why are you a full-time apologist for a guy who openly advocates for the murder or forced conversion of Muslims by the millions?

1.) Because its likely a troll opinion which can be resolved by reporting it/mod action.
2.) Personal insults (like calling someone an illiterate moron) are against the rules.
3.) Reacting to bad ideas with personal insults is not conducive to free, intelligent debate.
4.) The decline in civility and tolerance (generally, not just here) is reaching outrageous levels.
5.) Kids are impressionable, and having a bunch of strange adults personally insult them troubles me.
6.) Again, adults insulting strangers they know are children bothers me.
7.) Why in the hell are a bunch of adults swarming a damn kid. Kids have dumb opinions.

I know this isn't a professional setting, but if I badgered a kid like that at my job and called him an illiterate moron because of an objectionable statement, the judge would take me back to their chambers and scream at me. Even here, when someone says something derptastic, I'm not going to move beyond sarcasm or calling their IDEA stupid. Is it really that hard to switch "Classic Conservative you are a moron" to "Classic Conservative that is a moronic idea" ? That complies with the rules, makes your point, and doesn't treat the messenger like an irredeemable thought criminal. Again, I'm not defending forced conversions, but considering what you described as his viewpoint is basically the Muslim Jizya with the religions flipped, it's very likely he was trying (poorly) to make a point about how objectionable views from different religions are tolerated differently.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »

This thread was a mistake. I'm just going to lock it now before it gets worse.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies