Warren asks if the US will ever want to elect another male president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:36:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Warren asks if the US will ever want to elect another male president
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Warren asks if the US will ever want to elect another male president  (Read 2918 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 09:31:06 PM »

Do people seriously not get the joke here? It's light-heartedly making fun of the "We're not ready for a female President" thing.
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 09:41:48 PM »

Do people seriously not get the joke here? It's light-heartedly making fun of the "We're not ready for a female President" thing.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 09:49:24 PM »

She is one of the most annoying people on the political scene today.

Look at what a reasonble person RINO Tom is!

1) I've never presented myself as overly reasonable.  The other weekend, I went and barhopped with two friends in the rain because they asked me to, knowing it was a waste of time, money and my liver!  Wasn't even that fun, and I'll almost certainly say yes next time.

2) Why is it so unreasonable to say an incredibly outspoken, ridiculously partisan ideologue who sounds like she's talking down to everyone is annoying, especially as a Republican?  If I've forfeited my reasonability cred, I gladly do it at the alter of Elizabeth Warren being a loser.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 10:04:46 PM »

This joke would be more effective if Democrats weren't calling everyone who didn't support their terrible nominee last year sexist.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »

The joke and the irony of it is clearly flying over the heads of tone-deaf white males.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 10:56:05 PM »

She is one of the most annoying people on the political scene today.

Look at what a reasonble person RINO Tom is!

1) I've never presented myself as overly reasonable.  The other weekend, I went and barhopped with two friends in the rain because they asked me to, knowing it was a waste of time, money and my liver!  Wasn't even that fun, and I'll almost certainly say yes next time.

2) Why is it so unreasonable to say an incredibly outspoken, ridiculously partisan ideologue who sounds like she's talking down to everyone is annoying, especially as a Republican?  If I've forfeited my reasonability cred, I gladly do it at the alter of Elizabeth Warren being a loser.

Yeah, calling you "unreasonable" purely because of that comment was a bit much on my part. I'm sorry.

Still, Elizabeth Warren is a Top 3 Senator and I look forward to voting for her next November (if I still live in MA then)!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 11:15:20 PM »

I get conservatives disliking Warren for her political stances. What I don't get is the outrage over this joke. I thought us liberals were supposed to be the overly sensitive ones...
mencken
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2017, 08:29:15 AM »

Yes, we understand that it is an idiotic straw man argument. (Seriously, who has ever said we are not ready for a female President, aside from maybe a fringe wacko or two?)
cvparty
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 09:41:40 AM »

This still bothers me.  This is pretty disrespectful.  "Oh, there's a man leading the country that half the country doesn't like.  ALL MEN ARE DEMONS!!!"

This is like saying Hitler was a man so all men should be ashamed.

That's it.  She needs to go for being a complete idiot.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »

Elizabeth Warren has being saying stupid & boring things for a while. She totally wastes her intellect. She made a joke about wanting to cut open the body of Republicans to see if they have a heart & gave an incredibly boring interview (Morning Joe) where she almost stammered & I had to skip for the 1st time an interview of Warren.

Instead of rallying people around progressive ideas & doing her bit, she engages in ridiculous jabs against Republicans, Trump etc which sidetracks the whole issues & creates useless banter.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »

It likely was a joke. That being said, we need to stop with the identity politics.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2017, 10:52:52 PM »

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »

I can't wait to see the recreation of the Nixon vs. McGovern map come 2020.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2017, 11:46:50 PM »

Elizabeth Warren has being saying stupid & boring things for a while. She totally wastes her intellect. She made a joke about wanting to cut open the body of Republicans to see if they have a heart & gave an incredibly boring interview (Morning Joe) where she almost stammered & I had to skip for the 1st time an interview of Warren.

Instead of rallying people around progressive ideas & doing her bit, she engages in ridiculous jabs against Republicans, Trump etc which sidetracks the whole issues & creates useless banter.

Yup, she's nowhere as good as Bernie on the issues. But I have the feeling I'm going to have to vote for her over some absolute trash opponents like Cuomo and Booker.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2017, 11:55:46 PM »

Jesus Christ. It's a joke, funny or not, but it's a damn joke. And Democrats are the triggered party wanting safespaces...
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2017, 12:12:22 AM »

Yup, she's nowhere as good as Bernie on the issues. But I have the feeling I'm going to have to vote for her over some absolute trash opponents like Cuomo and Booker.
What's with all the hatred towards Andrew Cuomo?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2017, 01:24:49 AM »

What's with all the hatred towards Andrew Cuomo?

Cuomo is insanely corrupt, half of his aides are in jail. He is supporting the IDC tacitly & sabotaging real progressives in a way while pretending to be one. He is incredibly close to Wall Street (100% will oppose Glass Steagal), he has made glowing praise for charter schools in the past. He is like Heb Bush fundraising to essentially force other people with a massive barrier to entry!

I think everything else is acceptable but the pure corruption surrounding Cuomo is ridiculous! Booker may turn out to be more honest than him (even if he is a Wall Street & Big Pharma shill supporting Charter schools). This is not to say that Cuomo didn't get some progressive stuff done, he did & he can rightfully claim. But if Preet Bharara was still around, I think Cuomo would probably be in trouble heading into 2020 !

Warren is infinitesimally better than these lot, that's not even a debate. She is atleast an honest, anti-big money, non-corrupt, anti-Wall Street politician & definitely way more progressive than these people !
mencken
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2017, 09:12:22 AM »

Jesus Christ. It's a joke, funny or not, but it's a damn joke. And Democrats are the triggered party wanting safespaces...

Again, a joke ought to be making fun of an actual position, rather than an paranoid delusion of feminists who cannot fathom why anyone would not like Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren. Self-deprecation does not hurt either, as our President has frequently demonstrated.

Nobody wants safespaces from Warren's terrible jokes, but surely she should not be entitled to a safespace from the ridicule she endures as a consequence?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2017, 08:07:34 PM »

White men are pretty clearly become incapable of being President. Have we had one that was since LBJ?
Literally every single President after him, barring Nixon, was far more capable and less evil than him.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »

If the genders were reversed and this were Senator Ted Cruz saying that America may never elect a female president again because of the poor performance of President Hillary Clinton, you'd be calling it sexist, so you'd better call this sexist, too.

If it's a joke, it's a sexist joke.

That's certainly true; any mainstream or semi-mainstream figure would be pilloried for making a statement of that kind, even in jest. It's not helpful to the narrative though, so that detail is going to be ignored.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2017, 12:15:43 AM »

I feel like that was a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic statement from Senator Warren rather than her being completely serious.

Rather than tongue-in-cheek, I'd say another hyperbolic rant that are more and more her signature. She's got the intelligence to be more substantive; it's disappointing.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies