Center for American Progress Ideas Conference 9am-4pm **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:50:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Center for American Progress Ideas Conference 9am-4pm **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Center for American Progress Ideas Conference 9am-4pm **live commentary thread**  (Read 4125 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: May 16, 2017, 05:36:54 AM »

Also, not surprised that there is only one Pro-Israel (by my definition) speaker at a CAP event, and that's Elizabeth Warren.

Huh?  How is Warren as far to the right on Israel as Booker, Gillibrand, and Klobuchar?  Warren said nothing on UN Security Council Resolution 2334, while both Booker and Gillibrand were quite critical.  Booker, Gillibrand, and Klobuchar are all among the 78 Senators co-sponsoring Rubio’s resolution that condemns the UN action, while Warren is not:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-resolution/6/cosponsors

Booker, Gillibrand, and Klobuchar were all among the Senators who signed on to a letter urging Kerry to use US aid to the Palestinian Authority as a lever to block them from joining the International Criminal Court, while Warren did not.  Booker, Gillibrand, and Klobuchar also signed on to a resolution in support of Israel’s actions in Operation Protective Edge, which Warren also did not do:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/1/30/1361281/-75-Senators-Sign-Letter-to-Kerry-Defending-Israeli-War-Crimes-Demanding-More-Palestinian-Suffering

Finally, Warren was one of only 8 Senators to boycott Netanyahu’s speech before Congress, which Booker, Gillibrand, and Klobuchar all attended.

Warren took the more “dovish” line on all of the above, and the only other Senators to agree with her in in every single one of those cases were Leahy and Sanders.  She seems to be one of the least hawkish Senators on Israel.

In my opinion, Warren was, and personally still is, quite hawkish on Israel, but turned dovish to pander to the far left base.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:26:25 AM »

Warren is very Pro-Israel, much more than Cory Booker.

I went point by point in my earlier post on examples where Booker has been more hawkish than Warren on Israel, and what is the response to that?  "Warren is secretly even more hawkish on the issue than Booker is, trust me?"  Tongue

For the record, I was convinced by your point Tongue
I still think that Warren is probably much less dovish than Sanders and co.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies