Center for American Progress Ideas Conference 9am-4pm **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:36:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Center for American Progress Ideas Conference 9am-4pm **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Center for American Progress Ideas Conference 9am-4pm **live commentary thread**  (Read 4135 times)
McGovernForPrez

« on: May 15, 2017, 01:51:52 PM »

Roy Cooper?? why does anyone think he is 2020 material? Just wondering Smiley not trying to pick a fight Smiley
He won Governorship in a year when two other Democrats failed. He seems like a good guy and all, but I don't think he's a particularly great 2020 candidate. I see his appeal to some on this board though. His biggest challenge is trying to achieve anything in a state with such a morally bankrupt GOP as NC.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »

Chris Murphy is really quick with knowledgeable answers on the foreign policy questions. He does, however, have this mild habit where he doesn't really finish a sentence and just keeps talking.
He'd probably make a solid SoS.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:23:02 AM »

Kamala Harris had a really nice speech on drug addiction policy. She's definitely a rising star in our party. I don't see her as our 2020 nominee, but maybe a VP pick or a 2024 runner. Excited to listen to Warren speak.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »

He'd quite honestly be a great candidate should he choose to run. That speech was really really good. Hope he continues to raise his national profile.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:36:18 PM »

Depressing that the American Progress Ideas Conference has maybe one a half people I would call "progressive".
Who might those be in your opinion? I'd say there are at least three people who I found to be particularly "progressive", although I may be forgetting people as well.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 08:19:54 PM »

Depressing that the American Progress Ideas Conference has maybe one a half people I would call "progressive".
Who might those be in your opinion? I'd say there are at least three people who I found to be particularly "progressive", although I may be forgetting people as well.

Warren (Though she's a bit too hawkish for my tastes)
Bullock (Obviously has some conservative positions)

The rest I would call center-left.
Interesting call. I think Kamala Harris has some progressive tendencies, and although Gillibrand is really an opportunist she has been acting very progressive as of late. Other than that I'd agree. I also don't think hawkishness is a precursor to progressiveness. The founder of the U.S. Progressive Party was a notorious hawk.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies