HOUSE BILL: Atlasian Regional Powers Commission Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:50:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Atlasian Regional Powers Commission Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Atlasian Regional Powers Commission Act (Passed)  (Read 1886 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: May 09, 2017, 02:18:24 AM »

I'll start off by saying that every committee/commission/whatever that we do decreases my opinion on the effectiveness of the strategy Tongue That being said, if this can work, I like the idea.

Question for the sponsor: why is the House getting to nominate more members than the Senate? I suppose it might be "against my self-interest" as a Representative or whatever to take issue with this, but I like the idea of an equality between both chambers. I also like the idea of 3 regional members and 3 federal members.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 02:43:08 AM »

Question for the sponsor: why is the House getting to nominate more members than the Senate? I suppose it might be "against my self-interest" as a Representative or whatever to take issue with this, but I like the idea of an equality between both chambers. I also like the idea of 3 regional members and 3 federal members.
I wanted to have a split of three regional members, three federal members, plus one executive member - which obviously means that there would be a chamber getting to pick an additional member to the other. I chose the House, as the Senate confirms the cabinet positions - so I found it fairer that way. Wink Tongue

Is the federal executive branch not federal? Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 02:13:13 AM »

Abstain

Still not a fan of more people chosen by the House than Senate. Shame on me for not proposing an amendment in time. Oh well. I encourage the Senate to discuss that when it gets to them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies