BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:07:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40868 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: May 10, 2017, 02:22:36 PM »

FAKE NEWS, the lamestream media is now making up stuff to bring down our President. LOCK THEM UP!

Lamepublicans trying to deflect hard, not working.

Weren't you a blue avatar most of your Atlasian life?

Yes, would still consider myself a moderate conservative. No longer a Republican. Tea party/alt right/most hard core Republicans are trash, no critical thinking, no compromise, sick of it.

This explains why you dislike trump and the current GOP, but it doesn't explain why you have become more friendly to a democratic party that is itself much more leftwing than when you were still a republican.

Perhaps at the same time the populist GOP has arisen, you are undergoing some personal philosophy changes yourself?

Main part is the Republican party needs a massive purge, and there's only one other party right now that would make that happen. I've always believed in climate change, protecting the environment, funding our schools, regulations now strongly support public transit. It's more the GOP has moved way far to the right, doesn't believe in education, critical thinking, it's using a bunch of uneducated populists in rural areas while destroying their livelihoods and brainwashed them into believing what they believe now will actually help them.

Of course, the Democrats have also moved far to the left on a number of issues, embracing dangerous positions on immigration, education, and the law. "Buddying" up temporarily to force the Republicans to change certainly has an element of rationality to it, but I would caution people against pretending that the Democrats are the good guys here.

Generally nothing dangerous about immigration or education or the law. Not liking them really doesn't make them "dangerous", there's a difference.

Open borders isn't as dangerous as most conservatives make out, but it is very poor policy that has become quite popular with Democrats. Free college is utopian and gaining steam. The list of poor ideas that I have heard mainstream Democrats posit in regards to law and the Constitution would be far too long to go over, but to choose one I will go with Obama attacking Romney over his assertion of corporate personhood, that being a basic legal doctrine.

The effects of these things would not be good. They're not going to destroy the nation or something ridiculously hyperbolic like that, but I am naturally concerned about these things. Indeed, I am concerned for reasons that go well beyond simply "not liking them". At the same time, I recognize that the Republicans are also deeply flawed. I will not suppose that anyone can  reasonably make the claim that the Republicans are the good guys here either.
EnglishPete

« Reply #501 on: May 10, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »

Don't try and back peddle. You, yourself, admitted to being a fascist.

For the record I did not 'admit' to being a fascist. Your opinion on whether you think I'm a fascist or not is of no importance.

You admitted to having fascist tendencies.
I'm not the only one here on Atlas, who has noticed and called-you-out on your poorly disguised fascist and bigoted comments.
Don't try and make it look like it's just one person who holds this opinion of you.
Thus it is "important" that others here on Atlas know the "kind" of individual you really are, if and when they read your posts.
Whatever
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #502 on: May 10, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2017, 02:37:09 PM by PittsburghSteel »

I have never seen a press secretary being LAUGHED AT by reporters in my life...

"If Hillary Clinton had won, which thank God she didn't."

You can clearly hear reporters jeer at her.
EnglishPete

« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »

Quote" WASHINGTON — Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to four congressional officials, including Senator Richard J. Durbin. " End quote

So the source of this story in the fair and balanced New York Times is a Democratic Senator and three anonymous officials.

Fake News.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #504 on: May 10, 2017, 02:38:04 PM »

She's such an amateur.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #505 on: May 10, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »

Quote" WASHINGTON — Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to four congressional officials, including Senator Richard J. Durbin. " End quote

So the source of this story in the fair and balanced New York Times is a Democratic Senator and three anonymous officials.

Fake News.

Comey's meeting with congress would have involved republicans as well as democrats. Any republicans that were there could refute this account of what Comey briefed them on. They haven't.

Your attempts at spin are laughable.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2017, 02:38:43 PM »

wapo, WSJ, NBC etc are agreeing on this matter, even while i guess, you are looking for the gateway pundit confirmation. Wink + Tongue
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #507 on: May 10, 2017, 02:42:43 PM »

Just give the Press Secretary job to Milo Yiannopoulos already.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #508 on: May 10, 2017, 02:43:11 PM »

EnglishPete, may I ask who you think is controlling the fake news?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #509 on: May 10, 2017, 02:44:05 PM »

She's such an amateur.

I find her a quite refreshing amateur.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #510 on: May 10, 2017, 02:46:03 PM »

She's such an amateur.

I find her a quite refreshing amateur.
Better than Spicer IMO
EnglishPete

« Reply #511 on: May 10, 2017, 02:46:38 PM »

wapo, WSJ, NBC etc are agreeing on this matter, even while i guess, you are looking for the gateway pundit confirmation. Wink + Tongue
Doesn't matter if the story was 'confirmed' in the Gateway Pundit, the New York Times, NBC or Breitbart. If their sources are an opposition Senator and three other anonymous officials then its fake news. If they've got better evidence for their claim then its not.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #512 on: May 10, 2017, 02:48:59 PM »

Doesn't matter if the story was 'confirmed' in the Gateway Pundit, the New York Times, NBC or Breitbart. If their sources are an opposition Senator and three other anonymous officials then its fake news. If they've got better evidence for their claim then its not.

^ aka "evidence isn't evidence if I don't want to believe so it's "fake"". Roll Eyes
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »

You can just feel how difficult it is for EnglishPete to post here without adding triple parentheses to any of his "contributions".
EnglishPete

« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2017, 02:59:34 PM »

EnglishPete, may I ask who you think is controlling the fake news?
What a curious question. News journal editors, News journal proprietors, TV editors and producers, Directors of the companies that own TV companies, lobbyists, political party bosses, politicians etc etc. All kinds of people.

Its a bit like any other industry. Food production is controlled by all the people who play a role in running the various parts of the food industry, washing machine production is controlled by all the people who run companies involved in washing machine manufacturing and distribution and likewise fake news is controlled by all the people who run organisations involved in the fake news industry (AKA the mass media).
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #515 on: May 10, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »

Trump has successfully destroyed the Republican Party. He is a hero.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #516 on: May 10, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #517 on: May 10, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »

So I guess we'll soon see the leaks that proves that. Everyone's should just be so happy.

1) No way Trump manages to shut the investigation down. Perhaps, slow down a bit, but I really doubt it.
2) Now there will be much more focus on that.
3) Revenge for 'Emails'

It sounds like win-win for Democrats. They can't be happier, I guess!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #518 on: May 10, 2017, 03:51:44 PM »

^ aka "evidence isn't evidence if I don't want to believe so it's "fake"". Roll Eyes

LOL.
Exactly.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #519 on: May 10, 2017, 03:53:51 PM »

You can just feel how difficult it is for EnglishPete to post here without adding triple parentheses to any of his "contributions".

His "contributions" come from opinion pieces he reads from Breitbart.
What does that tell you ?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #520 on: May 10, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »

The Russia investigation won't end any time soon. We may have doubts and have our own opinions of course, but the media coverage is terrible. CNN has become unwatchable, today I saw Watergate and Nixon and that's the only narrative they present. Talk about presenting facts from both sides.

What if there is only one valid side?
alomas
Rookie
« Reply #521 on: May 10, 2017, 04:16:29 PM »

There's no evidence to be 100% sure the reason was the FBI investigation into Russia. Therefore I'd like to also see a different side, that it is in fact because of Clinton scandal. However CNN has immediately made up their minds (not only them, NBC is equally terrible if not worse). This is not about facts, this is about their political preferences.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #522 on: May 10, 2017, 04:30:34 PM »

There's no evidence to be 100% sure the reason was the FBI investigation into Russia. Therefore I'd like to also see a different side, that it is in fact because of Clinton scandal. However CNN has immediately made up their minds (not only them, NBC is equally terrible if not worse). This is not about facts, this is about their political preferences.

Wanting to see all viewpoints is laudable and is something I endorse.  But in this case, the idea that the firing was because of the Clinton investigation doesn't hold up well.  If nothing else, the timing simply doesn't make sense. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #523 on: May 10, 2017, 04:32:59 PM »

Wanting to see all viewpoints is laudable and is something I endorse.  But in this case, the idea that the firing was because of the Clinton investigation doesn't hold up well.  If nothing else, the timing simply doesn't make sense. 
Because it isn't true and partisanship the the only reason any Trumper is on here defending it
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #524 on: May 10, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-praises-james-comey-230542

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, you believe that Trump would have fired Comey for "doing the right thing"?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies