BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:11:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40762 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: May 10, 2017, 10:35:52 PM »

Then quit.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »

GIMME AN N

GIMME AN I

GIMME A X

GIMME AN O

GIMME AN N

WHAT'S THAT SPELL?!

"Fake news"
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #552 on: May 10, 2017, 10:39:44 PM »

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #553 on: May 10, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »

This is unravelling fast, but I have a gut feeling that this is all going to lead to nothing.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #554 on: May 10, 2017, 10:48:17 PM »

Actually, he should channel his anger into actually doing something of merit, say, appointing a special prosecutor. After that, he can do what he wants.
EnglishPete

« Reply #555 on: May 11, 2017, 02:17:59 AM »

Unsubstantiated rumour.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #556 on: May 11, 2017, 03:49:25 AM »

Just watched Sarah Huckabee Sanders give rambling non-answers to questions of "Ummm, wasnt Trump praising Comey's actions in late October?" The best they've been able to come up with is "Well, he was a candidate then and now he's president." Roll Eyes

Can any Trump drones here do better?

Soooo... no takers?

I've seen a lot of posters on here doing the sarcastic "Gee, I thought democrats wanted him fired" shtick, but I don't know that I've seen any blue avatars actually defend or explain Trump's (supposed) flip-flop on this. Nobody wants to try?

Easy. He lied. It's like 'defending or explaining' him calling 'Lyin Ted' a great guy or that he might consider 'Little Marco' to be his VP.

It just doesn't mean much.

And right now it seems like he's trolling. And those pictures with Lavrov and Kislyak!! If it is not trolling, what is?

So why did he fire Comey then, if he lied about his reasons for doing so? And it doesn't bother you that the president would lie about firing the FBI director?

There is just 2 possibilities:

1) Trump did collaborate with Russians and he tries to cover it up.
2) Trump did NOT collaborate with Russians, but he knows the power of media's nothing burgers (Benghazi, EMAILS!!!11) and don't want to end up like Hillary. So he tries to finish off the witch-hunt and the leakers. And, probably, he thinks that it was Comey's job to stop witch-hunt&Leaking.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #557 on: May 11, 2017, 05:21:38 AM »

As it stands now, it seems like James Comey wasn't fired due to any cover-up over Russia, but rather because Trump was annoyed that Comey has been unwilling to become one of his Yes-men.

And somehow, Trump deluded himself into thinking that it would work because Comey was "unpopular with Democrats". He's got the political instinct (and the temperament) of a five-year old.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #558 on: May 11, 2017, 07:17:28 AM »

As it stands now, it seems like James Comey wasn't fired due to any cover-up over Russia, but rather because Trump was annoyed that Comey has been unwilling to become one of his Yes-men.

And somehow, Trump deluded himself into thinking that it would work because Comey was "unpopular with Democrats". He's got the political instinct (and the temperament) of a five-year old.

It doesn't matter what the Democrats think. The GOP Senate has already circled its wagons around Trump, giving him cover whatever the motive of the firing.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #559 on: May 11, 2017, 07:18:46 AM »

So if the trend continues and anyone "caught" investigating the Russia Scandal gets fired....will any of the blue avatars on here EVER start to get suspicious of the Trump Administration or is Trump forever holy in all your eyes?
Unfortunately, we all know the answer to this question.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #560 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »

Fox & Friends: James Comey a Big Story ‘If You Watch The Mainstream Media’
http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-friends-james-comey-a-big-story-if-you-watch-the-mainstream-media/

For Trump Supporters, the Real Outrage Is the Left’s Uproar Over Comey
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/for-trump-supporters-the-real-outrage-is-the-lefts-uproar-over-comey.html
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #561 on: May 11, 2017, 08:18:30 AM »

Party before country with these people
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #562 on: May 11, 2017, 08:32:21 AM »

Yeah, I was watching Fox this morning. "Have you watched the other networks? They think there's something going on with Russia!" and such. Fascinating.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #563 on: May 11, 2017, 08:39:37 AM »

It really is, and that is extraordinarily disappointing and disheartening.

I voted for George W. Bush and John McCain. 2016 was the first time I've voted for a Democrat.

Everything I've witnessed from the entirety of the campaign season to now, with this embarrassment of an administration, has convinced me to never vote Republican ever again.  Not only from within the Trump administration, but also the utter lack of accountability being directed to it by the failed Republican Congress.  And not just that, but also the continued blind support of every day Americans like EnglishPete who will literally keep supporting Trump no matter what happens.  I said it a day or two ago, but even if Trump somehow tried to overthrow the government to install a dictatorship, these people would still blindly follow.  He is their savior.  He means more to them than any religion or creed they've previously claimed to cherish.  He is their Jesus Christ and they will follow him to the bitter end.

I am completely done with the Republican Party and I have zero respect for the opinions and views of Trump supporters.  The current state of the White House should bring shame to every single individual living in this country; if it doesn't, then there is something seriously psychologically wrong with you.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #564 on: May 11, 2017, 08:43:46 AM »

Mike Lee: Instead of a special prosecutor, @realDonaldTrump should nominate Merrick Garland to replace James Comey.
https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/status/862660636903387136
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #565 on: May 11, 2017, 08:50:06 AM »

Mike Lee: Instead of a special prosecutor, @realDonaldTrump should nominate Merrick Garland to replace James Comey.

This would be a great idea if it didn't open up a spot on the DC Court of Appeals.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #566 on: May 11, 2017, 08:51:00 AM »

The problem is the mainstream media has lost all credibility by showing its obvious liberal bias. This has been long known, but never more visible than with Trump. Therefore, conservatives feel it falls on them to defend 'their man'. There's no question that some of the coverage has been hyperbolic. I agree with Howard Kurtz at Fox News. He stipulates that it's true Trump's rationale that Comey was fired over the Clinton e-mails is hard to believe, but still that comparisons of Trump to Nixon or suggestions that Pence will soon take over go too far, and are hysterical. This is quite right. Besides, such suggestions will only lead to false hope among liberals when they fail to materialize (as is likely). This Kurtz is a reasonable fellow, he should be given his own show if Hannity leaves.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #567 on: May 11, 2017, 08:51:25 AM »

This would be a great idea if it didn't open up a spot on the DC Court of Appeals.

Ha, I was wondering why he would suggest this.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #568 on: May 11, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »

, he should be given his own show if Hannity leaves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Buzz

kurtz was decent before joining fox.

he is still okayish but never ever really agrees that any republican attack on the media or any media criticism could be too harsh or just plain wrong.

using fine skills only to spin it is horrible.

and the nixon comparison just shows how seldom the president sacks a critical "employee", while being center of an investigation.

the sacking COULD be the real crime - i don't think it's acceptable for an US president to fire someone cause he wouldn't clear your name if you commanded him to.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #569 on: May 11, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »

The problem is the mainstream media has lost all credibility by showing its obvious liberal bias. This has been long known, but never more visible than with Trump. Therefore, conservatives feel it falls on them to defend 'their man'. There's no question that some of the coverage has been hyperbolic. I agree with Howard Kurtz at Fox News. He stipulates that it's true Trump's rationale that Comey was fired over the Clinton e-mails is hard to believe, but still that comparisons of Trump to Nixon or suggestions that Pence will soon take over go too far, and are hysterical. This is quite right. Besides, such suggestions will only lead to false hope among liberals when they fail to materialize (as is likely). This Kurtz is a reasonable fellow, he should be given his own show if Hannity leaves.

Yeah, the Wall Street Journal (who's reporting is corroborating NBC, ABC, NYT, Washington Post, etc.) is soooooo liberal.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #570 on: May 11, 2017, 09:01:16 AM »

Yepp. Trump was not born 'teflon'. Media made him that way. He is though (very?) good at exploiting that (their bias). Credit where it's due.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #571 on: May 11, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »

Yepp. Trump was not born 'teflon'. Media made him that way. He is though (very?) good at exploiting that (their bias). Credit where it's due.

you are correct but different then you may assume.

year-long fox news + conservative alt-media nurturing of mainstream-media-hate and ofc trump's own show have done the trick, refined through psychopath jeff zucker's decision to give him endless amounts of free air-time, without any commentary or comparable spotlight for different candidates.

the, most of the time spot-on, critical pieces about trump didn't help or harm him at all, filter bubbles and desperation are doing the trick alone.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #572 on: May 11, 2017, 09:39:09 AM »

Insert gif of Fonzie jumping Shark Tank here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #573 on: May 11, 2017, 09:40:59 AM »

Fact checkers do have a well known bias against stupid
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #574 on: May 11, 2017, 10:04:55 AM »

Fact checkers do have a well known bias against stupid
I see.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies