BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:51:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40791 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: May 09, 2017, 09:28:59 PM »

Honestly, the GOP needs to dissolve after Trump and replace itself with a new, renamed party.

What an embarrasment

This sort of nonsense should kill a political party......but it won't.

At least in South Korea the Saenuri Party had the decency to change its name to the Liberty Korea Party after Park Guen-hye resigned.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #326 on: May 09, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »

How will this impact Trump's approvals?
May look bad enough fall to 35% or cons really dig in an he goes up to 43%
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #327 on: May 09, 2017, 09:31:53 PM »

How will this impact Trump's approvals?
May look bad enough fall to 35% or cons really dig in an he goes up to 43%

Wouldn't surprise me if on net it was 0 change. Suburban repubs hate the decision, but the alt right that was disillusioned over the month or so comes back in the tent.

it will also depend on who he nominates.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #328 on: May 09, 2017, 09:32:50 PM »

Just a few facts for the blue avatars:

The Dems aren't "out of touch" and on a "witch hunt": public opinion shows that a huge majority of Americans want a special prosecutor--just go find the CNN/ORC polls or PPP polls from March.

Nobody is a hypocrite because nobody is defending Comey or his prior actions, but rather saying that this looks like a move to cover up the Russia investigation, which Sarah Huckabee Sanders' comments just a little bit ago basically confirm. So, you're making a false equivalence here. We don't want Comey, we want an investigation unimpeded by the President.

There is absolutely evidence that could indict Trump himself possible, and almost certainly his campaign. It's a fact that Manafort, Page, Flynn, and other were in contact with Putin's people. It's a fact that the leaks targeted against HRC were launched by hackers with ties to the Kremlin. I'm not saying it's a smoking gun, but it certainly is something that merits a serious investigation. Now, I know that some of you dgaf because you think women are made of ribs and climate change is a Chinese hoax. But most Americans haven't descended down that hole yet. See my first point.

Which brings me to that final point about that hole: I know that you know your logic is shoddy, but for the past few decades you've built an alternative media apparatus to reify your unfounded beliefs, brainwash others, and keep an unsustainable status quo in place that is based on buzzwords like freedom and justice, but really has no values--as your flippant disregard for the sanctity of this investigation demonstrates. That's the textbook definition of fascist ideology--not an insult, just a fact--so just know that nobody arguing in favor of continuing the investigation is outside of the mainstream; you are.
*slow clap*

Here is the issue: how many times must you guys be told that at this time, *there is no evidence of collusion between the campaign and russia*. Feinstein, schiff, et al have said it repeatedly over the last few months, but based on what you hear from people on here, you'd think it was a sure thing.

Is it ethical to milk an investigation dry for political points before anything has even been found, let alone confirmed?

That's my issue with you guys,you somehow forget that the investigation has found nothing substantial between trump and russia.

In fact, you guys would prefer if the investigation *never ended* than if the investigation found nothing and was concluded. You guys WANT another watergate scandal, you WANT a dark cloud, because it could help you politically.

It's pathetic, really.

Nobody ever said anything that you're citing about except perhaps on Fox (Fascist Old Xenophobes) News.

Feinstein said, "Not at this time." not that there was no evidence period. She went on to say that the investigation should continue. And the reason that there is no evidence is because the investigation is ongoing as of right now. The point you're making is like saying that because I am not actively manifesting disease X that there is no way that I have its virus or bacterial progenitor in my body, when I very well could and won't know until I get the results of the blood test that is in testing back from my doctor! It's so stupid that I can't possibly believe that you are making a serious argument here.

But you contradict yourself in the next sentence: "Is it ethical to milk an investigation dry for political points before anything has even been found, let alone confirmed?"

The investigation is not even close to being done, so no s*** that there is no evidence yet! And you keep deflecting because the truth is that if there is any evidence you, just like your President, don't want the public to know about it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2017, 09:35:18 PM »

wow
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2017, 09:36:46 PM »

US Attorneys serve at the will of the President (or, I think, technically, the Attorney General), and can be fired for any reason or none at all.  46 other political appointees were fired the same day.

How many of the 46 other political appointees were personally asked by Trump to stay on in the new administration, cinyc?

How many of the 46 were grandstanding, camera-mugging glory hogs, like Bharara?

You're allowing your own personal feelings cloud your judgement but ok wek
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2017, 09:37:44 PM »

This is my favorite post in the thread.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2017, 09:40:19 PM »

Any idea how long it takes for a president to announce who he wants as director?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »

US Attorneys serve at the will of the President (or, I think, technically, the Attorney General), and can be fired for any reason or none at all.  46 other political appointees were fired the same day.

How many of the 46 other political appointees were personally asked by Trump to stay on in the new administration, cinyc?

He didn't answer me either guess that says it all.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2017, 09:46:30 PM »

Collins is deplorable af. Hope she runs for Governor so I can vote against her again.
I hope she does so she wins and kicks out any belief Dems can retake the governorship
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 09:50:42 PM by TheSaint250 »

You've got to be frickin kidding me. You liberals with your stupid EVERYONE IS A RACIST IF THEY WANNA FOLLOW IMMIGRATION LAWS.

I'm sick and tired of liberals calling EVERYTHING Republicans do as "racist" and "xenophobic" (which doesn't make sense because NO ONE is AFRAID of IMMIGRANTS)

Grow the hell up
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2017, 09:48:29 PM »

Honest question, why is the President so quite, even on twitter?

Some men just like to watch the world burn.

Nero was an entertaining fellow, too.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2017, 09:50:52 PM »

Nobody ever said anything that you're citing about except perhaps on Fox (Fascist Old Xenophobes) News.

Feinstein said, "Not at this time." not that there was no evidence period. She went on to say that the investigation should continue. And the reason that there is no evidence is because the investigation is ongoing as of right now. The point you're making is like saying that because I am not actively manifesting disease X that there is no way that I have its virus or bacterial progenitor in my body, when I very well could and won't know until I get the results of the blood test that is in testing back from my doctor! It's so stupid that I can't possibly believe that you are making a serious argument here.

But you contradict yourself in the next sentence: "Is it ethical to milk an investigation dry for political points before anything has even been found, let alone confirmed?"

The investigation is not even close to being done, so no s*** that there is no evidence yet! And you keep deflecting because the truth is that if there is any evidence you, just like your President, don't want the public to know about it.
You've got to be friction kidding me. You liberals with your stupid EVERYONE IS A RACIST IF THEY WANNA FOLLOW IMMIGRATION LAWS.

I'm sick and tired of liberals calling EVERYTHING Republicans do as "racist" and "xenophobic" (which doesn't make sense because NO ONE is AFRAID of IMMIGRANTS)

Grow the hell up

How many times are you gonna be triggered by this?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2017, 09:54:23 PM »

You've got to be frickin kidding me. You liberals with your stupid EVERYONE IS A RACIST IF THEY WANNA FOLLOW IMMIGRATION LAWS.

Grow the hell up

Wow, you're fully triggered huh? Not a liberal, was a Republican for 16 years, Republicans aren't Republicans anymore. Everything is in that party is built on hating minorities and forcing beliefs on people. Trust me, a lot of Republicans are terrified of immigrants coming in and taking their jobs and raping their wives and killing their kids and turning the US into a caliphate. My uncle is one of the cultists.

Trump should have been impeached by now for incompetence. He's slowly but surely hanging himself.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2017, 09:54:41 PM »

You've got to be friction kidding me. You liberals with your stupid EVERYONE IS A RACIST IF THEY WANNA FOLLOW IMMIGRATION LAWS.

Grow the hell up

How many times are you gonna be triggered by this?
Until you liberals grow the hell up and stop with these blatant lies
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »

Until you liberals grow the hell up and stop with these blatant lies

Xenophobic rhetoric on immigration is a core tenant on right-wing populism.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2017, 09:57:16 PM »

He didn't answer me either guess that says it all.

Says what?  All I saw was a long screed with few questions.

The Russian investigation is a partisan witch hunt.  It's not even a criminal investigation, yet Democrats, the liberal media, and you are grandstanding about it as if it were.  I suppose if the Senate wants to waste its time investigating, it should.  That's up to Congress.  I wouldn't waste Congress' time.

But the thought that the FBI's intelligence investigation is suddenly going to stop because the top monkey is gone is disrespectful to everyone else at the FBI.  James Comey isn't the whole FBI.  If this is a valid investigation, it's not going to stop because he's gone.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »

Grow the hell up

Wow, you're fully triggered huh? Not a liberal, was a Republican for 16 years, Republicans aren't Republicans anymore. Everything is in that party is built on hating minorities and forcing beliefs on people. Trust me, a lot of Republicans are terrified of immigrants coming in and taking their jobs and raping their wives and killing their kids and turning the US into a caliphate. My uncle is one of the cultists.

Trump should have been impeached by now for incompetence. He's slowly but surely hanging himself.
I'm not afraid of immigrants. My father is one.  I have never EVER once in my life met someone afraid of immigration and immigrants as a whole. You say you left the party, huh? I feel that the Party of Lincoln, the one built to STOP slavery, is much better than the Party of Slavery and Jim Crow, the one with a slave mentality towards immigrants, the one that promotes white guilt for s*** these people haven't even done.  There is NO hate in the GOP for any minorities, and if ANYONE WHATSOEVER DOES, then they should be kicked out of the f***ing party and sent back to the damn Democrats
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2017, 09:57:41 PM »

Lol watch tomorrow he'll announce his stud horse as his FBI Director

BTW I was pleasantly surprised by Burr's reaction
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #346 on: May 09, 2017, 09:59:23 PM »

Grow the hell up

I'm not afraid of immigrants. My father is one.  I have never EVER once in my life met someone afraid of immigration and immigrants as a whole. You say you left the party, huh? I feel that the Party of Lincoln, the one built to STOP slavery, is much better than the Party of Slavery and Jim Crow, the one with a slave mentality towards immigrants, the one that promotes white guilt for s*** these people haven't even done.  There is NO hate in the GOP for any minorities, and if ANYONE WHATSOEVER DOES, then they should be kicked out of the f***ing party and sent back to the damn Democrats

Lmao, what a world we live in.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #347 on: May 09, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »

Grow the hell up

I don't see how hard it is to understand that the parties switched, all those old racist Democrats became even older racist Republicans in the late 80s and early 90s. Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, many others. My uncle is one of those people terrified of "the evil muslims who are coming here to rape and murder us", I know many people like him.

You're right, all those people need to go, we'd lose about 75% of the elected Republicans, but it will be a good purge, might possibly bring me back!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2017, 10:02:40 PM »

Grow the hell up

Lmao, what a world we live in.
One where the Democrats have spread so many f***ing lies that Americans get sucked in to the deceit about the Republicans being "racist"?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2017, 10:02:57 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies