Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2017, 07:11:55 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: TexasGurl, Torie, Vice President PiT)
| | |-+  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 17516 times)
CXSmith
cxs018
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 11, 2017, 01:49:59 pm »
Ignore

Sanders says Comey a "showboat" b/c he appeared--WHEN ASKED--at Congressional hearings.
https://twitter.com/EricBoehlert/status/862734393567326210

For a second I thought Bernie said that

Northeastern Assemblyman, January 11, 2016-May 6, 2016
Northeastern Lieutenant Governor, February 28, 2016-May 6, 2016
Senator from the Northeast, May 6, 2016-June 10, 2016
Atlasian Representative, June 10, 2016-June 13, 2016
Senator from Lincoln, June 13, 2016-August 22, 2016
Lincoln Assemblyman, February 21, 2017-
Speaker of the Lincoln Assembly, April 12, 2017-
GeorgiaModerate
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 11, 2017, 01:50:04 pm »
Ignore

SHS is roasting Democrats alive during her briefing today........lol. 

How? Every other word out of her mouth is inconsistent to what she said yesterday. Media is ripping her apart on twitter.

She's consistently inconsistent.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
                       -- Mark Twain
Doctor Imperialism
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 11, 2017, 01:51:42 pm »
Ignore

SHS is roasting Democrats alive during her briefing today........lol.  

How? She's unable to reconcile the fact the President just undermined the Administration's rationale for firing Comey -- a rationale the vice president said yesterday.

Are we watching the same briefing?

Are you trolling? Lol

Grumps isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and shouldn't be taken seriously

I happened to be talking with Nixon at the time of the Iran-Contra scandal a few years ago. I didn't ask his opinion, but I think he had prepared a 10-15 minute comment on the subject for all his visitors. At the end of this mini-lecture he said, "But Reagan will survive because, when all is said and done, he can get up and say, 'I am an idiot and therefore can't be blamed,' and everyone will agree." He then looked away for a moment and said, quite wistfully, "I never had that option."
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 11, 2017, 01:51:51 pm »
Ignore

So today the President undermined the White House's rationale for firing Comey and then admitted he asked Comey if he was under investigation. Then he qualified if he was not under personal investigation, meaning the campaign is definitely under investigation. The White House today claimed countless FBI agents thanked them for firing Comey, which was refuted by the acting FBI Director.

Meanwhile the Washington Post confirmed that 30 sources say Trump fired Comey in relation to the Russian investigation while the Wall Street Journal says Comey was seeing evidence of collusion.

Then we learn the FBI raided a Republican digital firm in Annapolis which is connected to national GOP candidates.

Did I leave out anything?

Between Two Majorities

“I die the king's faithful servant, but God's first.” -- St. Thomas More

"The wisest use of American strength is to advance freedom." -- President George W. Bush

#NeverTrump Republican
Devout Centrist
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.45, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 11, 2017, 01:53:17 pm »
Ignore

Trump said (in NBC interview) that he asked Comey whether he was under investigation.

I'm now reading in twitter that it might be illegal to ask the man who investigates you about it. Anyone knows?
FBI Directors don't inform people if they're under investigation or not. Comey probably said something along the lines of, "Well, I can't say that, but you're not the focus".

You are so partial that your opinion is worth little.
Mondale Won 1 State
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 11, 2017, 01:55:53 pm »
Ignore

Trump said (in NBC interview) that he asked Comey whether he was under investigation.

I'm now reading in twitter that it might be illegal to ask the man who investigates you about it. Anyone knows?
FBI Directors don't inform people if they're under investigation or not. Comey probably said something along the lines of, "Well, I can't say that, but you're not the focus".

You also have to factor in the fact that Trump is a pathological liar about everything....even bane issues like his height or the square feet of his Penthouse
Confused Democrat
reidmill
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 11, 2017, 02:00:17 pm »
Ignore

So today the President undermined the White House's rationale for firing Comey and then admitted he asked Comey if he was under investigation. Then he qualified if he was not under personal investigation, meaning the campaign is definitely under investigation. The White House today claimed countless FBI agents thanked them for firing Comey, which was refuted by the acting FBI Director.

Meanwhile the Washington Post confirmed that 30 sources say Trump fired Comey in relation to the Russian investigation while the Wall Street Journal says Comey was seeing evidence of collusion.

Then we learn the FBI raided a Republican digital firm in Annapolis which is connected to national GOP candidates.

The secret videotape of Paul Ryan accepting laundered money from Kislyak at the GOP convention.

2018 Endorsements:
FL Senate: Bill Nelson
FL-21: Ted Deutch
Mondale Won 1 State
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 11, 2017, 02:02:29 pm »
Ignore

"We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders said. "And we think that we've actually by removing Director Comey taken steps to make that happen."
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 11, 2017, 02:03:40 pm »
Ignore

The secret videotape of Paul Ryan accepting laundered money from Kislyak at the GOP convention.

Not confirmed beyond Mensch so taking that with a grain of salt.

In any other Administration we would be talking impeachment tomorrow.

Between Two Majorities

"The wisest use of American strength is to advance freedom." -- President George W. Bush

#NeverTrump Republican
Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 11, 2017, 02:08:19 pm »
Ignore

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-resources-idUSKBN1872AW?il=0
The FBI's acting head said on Thursday he believed the agency has sufficient resources to investigate alleged Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election and he was not aware of any request for more resources.

"If you are referring to the Russia investigation, I do. I believe we have the adequate resources to do it and I know that we have resourced that investigation adequately," acting FBI director Andrew McCabe told lawmakers, adding that he was unaware of any request by the agency for additional resources.

Sorry buddy...I dont trust the FAKE NEWS mainstream media...until InfoWars or Alex Jones says its true...I dont believe it.

This argument is patented by Republicans and only can by used by Blue avatars.
Your post is reported to the Mods.
I'm so scared!

Oh c'mon man. That WAS funny. Tongue

It's nice to see at least one Trump supporter here with anv (intentional) sense of humor.

Confused Democrat
reidmill
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: May 11, 2017, 02:09:25 pm »
Ignore

Not confirmed beyond Mensch so taking that with a grain of salt.

In any other Administration we would be talking impeachment tomorrow.

I'm sure we would be talking impeachment if Democrats had control of least one chamber of Congress. Democrats not taking control of the Senate in 2016 was probably the most consequential thing to come out of the 2016 election.

I think losing the presidency was probably a good thing for the Democratic party in the long term, but not taking control of the Senate was a devastating blow to Democrats.

2018 Endorsements:
FL Senate: Bill Nelson
FL-21: Ted Deutch
Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 11, 2017, 02:14:29 pm »
Ignore

The Democrats would not impeach Trump and it would be suicidal to talk about it. Even talking about it would result in a civil war in the party that causes a number of us to switch to the GOP.

But everything was fine when Bush spent $250 million of taxpayer money for pro war propaganda on all the media for a $2 trillion war that created ISIS?
No, who said it was?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 11, 2017, 02:16:08 pm »
Ignore

The Democrats would not impeach Trump and it would be suicidal to talk about it. Even talking about it would result in a civil war in the party that causes a number of us to switch to the GOP.

Yes because impeaching a highly unpopular president who is undergoing an active FBI investigation into his campaign's ties with Russia will cause a Democratic civil war…

Between Two Majorities

#NeverTrump Republican
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 11, 2017, 02:23:47 pm »
Ignore

like it killed the GOP in 2000, total train-wreck.

I Love New York
dfwlibertylover
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 11, 2017, 02:25:15 pm »
Ignore

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/332981-amash-endorses-democratic-bill-to-create-independent-russia-probe Amash is signing onto the dem bill to create an independent russia probe, first Republican to break ranks in the House, although he is probably the most never-trump republican in the House...

Mondale Won 1 State
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 11, 2017, 02:27:56 pm »
Ignore

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/332981-amash-endorses-democratic-bill-to-create-independent-russia-probe Amash is signing onto the dem bill to create an independent russia probe, first Republican to break ranks in the House, although he is probably the most never-trump republican in the House...

If it ever comes up for a vote, Amash will fold like he always does
Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 11, 2017, 02:29:48 pm »
Ignore

Walter Jones (NC-03) had previously signed on.

Endorsements
New Jersey Governor: Phil Murphy
Virginia Governor: Ralph Northam
Maryland Governor: Ben Jealous
ProudModerate2
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 11, 2017, 02:30:32 pm »
Ignore

You also have to factor in the fact that Trump is a pathological liar about everything....even bane issues like his height or the square feet of his Penthouse

You forgot to add, "or the size of his hands," in your post.
Virginia
Virginia C
Moderators
YaBB God
Antarctica

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 11, 2017, 02:34:06 pm »
Ignore

Seems thorough.

I am a bit curious how many FBI directors/official(s) Trump will chew through if he stays on for the full term. The problem with being loyal to Trump under these circumstances is that he abuses the hell out of it, and in the process of being "loyal," one would have to ruin their own personal credibility and possibly future career prospects in order to satisfy Trump's sensitive little needs. Given the situation at hand, with Trump under investigation, I just can't help but wonder if he can find (and get confirmed) a director who will stick their neck out for Trump as thoroughly as The Donald demands, and for as long as he is in office.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 11, 2017, 02:41:38 pm »
Ignore

"We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," said deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders, referring to the FBI's probe into Moscow's interference in last year's election. "And we think that we've actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen."
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/comey-fbi-investigation-russia-sarah-huckabee-sanders/

some people are just not made for certain jobs.

Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 11, 2017, 02:57:57 pm »
Ignore

"We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," said deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders, referring to the FBI's probe into Moscow's interference in last year's election. "And we think that we've actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen."
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/comey-fbi-investigation-russia-sarah-huckabee-sanders/

I think she channels the horrific post-Orwellian abomination that is the Trump mis-administration perfectly.

Mondale Won 1 State
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 11, 2017, 03:03:45 pm »
Ignore

Sarah Huckabee‏Verified account
@SarahHuckabee

Sarah Huckabee Retweeted Taegan Goddard

When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing
Sarah Huckabee added,

12:12 PM - 3 Nov 2016

https://twitter.com/SarahHuckabee/status/794255968448020480
Adam T
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 11, 2017, 03:18:06 pm »
Ignore

That would make you, and, well...

probably just you switching to the Republican Party over this.

Proposed phrase for a radical centrist: Empathy for all sides, commitment to none.
Adam T
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 11, 2017, 03:22:43 pm »
Ignore

Canadian columnist Andrew Coyne's insights (Coyne is a libertarian leaning semi contrarian with a masters degree in economics)

"But if Trump’s every move suggests he has something to hide, that does not mean firing Comey will have no impact on the investigation. Trump need not install a more compliant director to further slow its progress. He can, as David Frum has suggested, simply leave the office vacant for months on end, as he has hundreds of others. Neither should Comey’s firing be seen in isolation: this is the third senior legal officer Trump has dismissed, after acting attorney general Sally Yates and New York federal prosecutor Preet Bharara. All three were responsible for various aspects of the Trump-Russia investigation."

"Those fine minds who think the really essential point to make at this moment is that it is “perfectly legal” for Trump to fire the FBI director, or that the Democrats didn’t care much for Comey either, might wish to consider how they became so blind to context. Whatever Trump’s powers, whatever Comey’s mistakes, for the president to fire the FBI director in the very middle of an investigation into his administration — an investigation that, whatever his protestations, is very likely to touch upon the president himself — is self-evidently unacceptable."

"The official explanation for the firing — that the president had suddenly become displeased with Comey’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails he had earlier publicly praised — is transparently, clownishly false. There has been ample reporting from inside the White House that the decision to fire Comey had been in the works for days, if not weeks; that it was motivated by the president’s irritation at the FBI’s continuing investigation into various Trump associates’ alleged collusion with the Russian government to throw the presidential election to Trump."

"The question is whether this prospect can safely be endured. And the answer, it is now clear, is no. If sense prevailed, the wheels would already be in motion to remove him from office. Alas, political calculations on both sides of the aisle may conspire to leave him there: the Republicans, in dread of the turmoil his removal would unleash among their base; the Democrats, because he may help deliver them the Congress, as early as 2018.

They should think again. The risk is too great, not just to the republic, but to the world"

Proposed phrase for a radical centrist: Empathy for all sides, commitment to none.
Virginia
Virginia C
Moderators
YaBB God
Antarctica

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 11, 2017, 03:31:08 pm »
Ignore

"The question is whether this prospect can safely be endured. And the answer, it is now clear, is no. If sense prevailed, the wheels would already be in motion to remove him from office. Alas, political calculations on both sides of the aisle may conspire to leave him there: the Republicans, in dread of the turmoil his removal would unleash among their base; the Democrats, because he may help deliver them the Congress, as early as 2018.

Usually I've thought that if Trump were impeached, it would wreck the GOP for the next few years due to the backlash among their base, but thinking about it more, if the evidence of wrongdoing is weak upon removal, it could help neutralize some of the backlash Democrats would hope to harness for themselves.

If the evidence is substantial enough that a large majority of the public is convinced Trump deserves impeachment, then removing him from office would be the best option with nothing but benefits for Democrats, politically-speaking.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout