BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:07:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40773 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: May 12, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »

Trump's going on a Twitter rampage again, guys!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 24m24 minutes ago 
...Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago 
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Oh geez Donald....just shut up already.

Donnie you're out of your element.

No no Donnie keep talking!
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #701 on: May 12, 2017, 11:14:15 AM »

LOL, so Trump called and bragged about himself, "taped" it and after 25 leaked it to the media?

As creepy as it is, I really can see Trump calling Comey, bragging about his win, asking Comey about the investigation... and recording it on a tape...

Well, I'd be afraid if I was Comey...
Why?
Because he could be in significant legal trouble.

Trump was Comey's boss....any legal trouble Comey got into would almost certainly reflect badly on Trump as well (if not worse)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #702 on: May 12, 2017, 11:15:35 AM »

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/863064487808708608

"Law firm @POTUS used to show he has no ties to Russia was named Russia Law Firm of the Year for their extensive ties to Russia. Unreal."
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #703 on: May 12, 2017, 11:19:55 AM »

"Law firm @POTUS used to show he has no ties to Russia was named Russia Law Firm of the Year for their extensive ties to Russia. Unreal."
Future president Murphy doesn't mess around
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #704 on: May 12, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »

Comey is a strong patriot who is well aware of the classified material around Trump relating to his businesses and his Russian ties. I would imagine Comey will not let that die down easily. Neither will his allies in the FBI who feel he was pushed out.

Yepp. So it (as I said initially) is a really good news. Trump's acting resulted in the 'Russia ties' will get even more scrutiny!

The way Trump fired Comey is also very interesting. It was really awful, almost as Trump wanted Comey to react/start to leak. I hope we'll get soon much more new information (if there is something Wink)

And now Trump is dropping a massive hint that there are "tapes" of the conversations with Comey. I suspect that Trump has been leading his oh so predicable opponents into a massive elephant trap.

Why are you so ecstatic about what is essentially witness intimidation?  
EnglishPete

« Reply #705 on: May 12, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 11:40:25 AM by EnglishPete »

LOL, so Trump called and bragged about himself, "taped" it and after 25 leaked it to the media?

As creepy as it is, I really can see Trump calling Comey, bragging about his win, asking Comey about the investigation... and recording it on a tape...

Exactly. A couple of things that people should remember about Trump. Firstly he has long been paranoid about being spied on and recorded. Its therefore unlikely that he would have said anything over dinner that could later be used against him as he would fully expect ever word to be potentially spied on and taped.

Also part of the reason he so readily expects to be spied on in this way is that he engages in this kind of behaviour himself. I'm sure that the tape he leaked of his conversation with the journalist is only one of hundreds of similar tapes in his possession. His security in his establishments have certainly been known for using similar methods. I would expect him to be doing the same sort of thing in the White House.

If Trump was having dinner with Comey he would fully expect Comey to be potentially spying on him and recording their conversation. Comey on the other hand might not expect the President of the United States to be secretly taping their conversation and may have let his guard down. Yes its quite possible that Comey could be sweating right now over something he said.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #706 on: May 12, 2017, 11:56:01 AM »

Exactly. A couple of things that people should remember about Trump. Firstly he has long been paranoid about being spied on and recorded. Its therefore unlikely that he would have said anything over dinner that could later be used against him as he would fully expect ever word to be potentially spied on and taped.

Also part of the reason he so readily expects to be spied on in this way is that he engages in this kind of behaviour himself. I'm sure that the tape he leaked of his conversation with the journalist is only one of hundreds of similar tapes in his possession. His security in his establishments have certainly been known for using similar methods. I would expect him to be doing the same sort of thing in the White House.

If Trump was having dinner with Comey he would fully expect Comey to be potentially spying on him and recording their conversation. Comey on the other hand might not expect the President of the United States to be secretly taping their conversation and may have let his guard down. Yes its quite possible that Comey could be sweating right now over something he said.

So you're perfectly okay with Trump bullying Comey into submission?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #707 on: May 12, 2017, 11:57:20 AM »

Future president Murphy doesn't mess around

Murphy does give off a bit of a Macron/Trudeau vibe doesn't he
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #708 on: May 12, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »

NEW REPORTING: Comey is 'not worried about any tapes'
https://twitter.com/vplus/status/863075666144763905
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #709 on: May 12, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »

And no doubt Trump isn't worried. He probably thinks any problems the tapes might cause him can be fixed in 18˝ minutes.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #710 on: May 12, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »

A source close to Comey told me this morning: “He hopes there are tapes. That would be perfect.”
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/863076987639926784
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #711 on: May 12, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »

A source close to Comey told me this morning: “He hopes there are tapes. That would be perfect.”
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/863076987639926784

Very unexpected. I thought that Comey would say "S**t, dude, I'm done!" Tongue
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #712 on: May 12, 2017, 12:58:19 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 01:00:42 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

Spicer doesn't have firm yes or no on whether anyone in the WH has an audio recording of Trump-Comey dinner. "I'm not aware of that."
https://twitter.com/RosieGray/status/863089243157127168

Spicer's three times refusal to answer whether Oval Office conversations are taped is interesting.
https://twitter.com/EdwardGLuce/status/863089293815939072

SPICER on TRUMP’S “tapes” tweet: “The president has nothing further to add on that”
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/863088592146632704

Trump might cancel daily briefing because he's 'dismayed' that the press 'parses every little word' -- and no, I didn't just make this up.
https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/863089927478812673
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #713 on: May 12, 2017, 01:46:41 PM »

Top Intel Dem demands release of Trump's 'tapes' on Comey
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/333153-top-intel-dem-demands-release-of-trumps-tapes-on-comey

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #714 on: May 12, 2017, 01:55:14 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #715 on: May 12, 2017, 01:58:12 PM »

I want to take a moment to commend the Trump voters for their tireless campaign of spinning, lying, and defending their commander-in-chief even in the face of outright fact. It must take serious work and motivation just to keep yourselves going with the constant, day-to-day screw ups coming from the guy you elected.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #716 on: May 12, 2017, 02:22:36 PM »

I want to take a moment to commend the Trump voters for their tireless campaign of spinning, lying, and defending their commander-in-chief even in the face of outright fact. It must take serious work and motivation just to keep yourselves going with the constant, day-to-day screw ups coming from the guy you elected.

They don't think any of this controversy really exists except in the minds of Democrats and the "mainstream media," which fabricates all of this. Just watch FOX News, they're reporting is that nothing has even happened except the Democrats are harassing Trump because they dislike him.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #717 on: May 12, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »

They don't think any of this controversy really exists except in the minds of Democrats and the "mainstream media," which fabricates all of this. Just watch FOX News, they're reporting is that nothing has even happened except the Democrats are harassing Trump because they dislike him.
The big tv screen in 1984 has more journalistic integrity then Fox does right now
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #718 on: May 12, 2017, 02:32:04 PM »

The big tv screen in 1984 has more journalistic integrity then Fox does right now

Obviously true, but FOX is the main news source for Republicans and many Independents, so to them whatever FOX says is true. And FOX has declared this a madeup war of Democrats on Trump. So those voters will see this as nothing more than political opportunism by the left and a fake "scandal" for partisan purposes.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #719 on: May 12, 2017, 02:33:43 PM »

Can this thread become the "Trump / Comey / Coverup" thread? (Gass might want to edit it)
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #720 on: May 12, 2017, 02:43:08 PM »

Can this thread become the 'Russiaism is the new Birtherism' thread? (Gass might want to edit it)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #721 on: May 12, 2017, 02:49:54 PM »

U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein has agreed to brief the U.S. Senate next week about the circumstances of Comey's firing
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/863117079641292801
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #722 on: May 12, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »

Can this thread become the 'Russiaism is the new Birtherism' thread? (Gass might want to edit it)

The key difference, Obama provided a long form birth certificate while Trump stonewalls and fires the Director in charge of said investigation and says he wants to "lengthen it." Amirite?
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #723 on: May 12, 2017, 03:25:39 PM »

Not really, considering Obama made it through his 8 years without being impeached.   We can't say the same for Trump.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #724 on: May 12, 2017, 03:25:49 PM »

Trump just went on FOX and refuses to say if he's secretly taping Comey and others.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies