BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:31:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40919 times)
I Won - Get Over It
« on: May 09, 2017, 04:53:37 PM »

Shocked
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:57:13 PM »

Surely has nothing to hide, right?

How will it help him to 'hide anything'?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »

FBI Directors serve terms that overlap with different presidencies for a reason.

President can fire FBI director regardless... for a reason.

FBI Directors serve terms that overlap with different presidencies for a reason. And as Yank said, it won't really hide anything, but likely an attempt for him to install a loyalist who he believes will protect him. This isn't normal behavior, and it's highly suspicious.

It is sort of other way around if one thinks a while. Trump must be damn sure there is nothing out there, because now the media will 100% attention to ANY (resonable or not) leak, rumor, idea you name it. Now there will be MUCH MORE scrutiny from the media/Dems/anywhere.

Don't you think so? Smiley

Or you think Trump didn't understand it?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 05:25:07 PM »

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 05:43:06 PM »

This seems to be massively backfiring on GOP so far in terms of hot takes and narrative

Honestly, we have heard that since... 'They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.'
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 06:08:31 PM by I Won - Get Over It »

A ton of FBI and IC people will leak like sieves if there's a there there and Trump tries to shut it down, frankly. Still on the fence about the merits of Comey himself, who really should have been gone a while ago

Totally agree. And it is so obvious we'll get a lot of leaking. Everyone understands it (including Trump, of course).

But then we assume that there is something to leak.

The problem is that it seems that the only clue they've got is Flynn. And 99% about him is already leaked. Now we just reiterate 'Flynn is so incompetent and Trump knew it'.

Anyone else, wondering why they've stopped leaking? Roll Eyes
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 06:11:58 PM »

Calm down people, Stop the insults or I will lock the thread.

Why lock the thread instead of punishing the posters insulting people?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 06:13:08 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 06:15:35 PM »

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 06:48:12 PM »

Comey screwed up badly with the Clinton emails, but Trump has zero respect for people.

Honestly, **** him.

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 06:58:28 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 07:00:12 PM by I Won - Get Over It »

And the Trump supporters should honestly welcome a full and independent probe.

But there was an independent investigation conducted by FBI that everyone was happy with.

But it was obviously not enough. They started to leak things with the only one purpose of hurting Trump (i.e. witch-hunt, the same as Benghazi).

If you break the rules of the game, what would you expect? They just could play nice and just do the goddamned investigation instead of leaking? But no...
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 07:20:17 PM »

anyone who honestly thinks that if any evidence existed of a direct collusion between Trump and Russia that it would not have been leaked to CNN months ago is naive
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 07:24:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/862072444852588545

Haha, nice one.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 03:26:45 AM »

Honest question, why is the President so quite, even on twitter?

Cryin' Chuck Schumer Roll Eyes
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 06:04:55 AM »

Do we need an independent investigation? Yes.

Did we have one? No, after leaking we only had a witch-hunt with the only purpose to undermine Trump.

Bad optics? Absolutely.

WaterGate? No. If anything, RussiaGate will get much more scrutiny now. So if there is anything, we'll know. (but don't expect much; you'll likely be very disappointed Roll Eyes)
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 06:30:30 AM »

If you guys want to hear something terrifying it's that there's supposedly talks of naming Sherriff Clarke as the next FBI director.

You're just trolling, right? You can't really believe that someone's really discussing him?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 07:31:44 AM »

I was so tied up yesterday handling my duties in my little burg, that this is the first moment I became aware that Comey had bit the dust.

How analogous is this to a redux of the Nixon mass firing?  Was Comey getting to close too some smoking gun somewhere?  Just asking. I don't mean to be a drama queen. But as I say, I know nothing about this other then the firing itself.

I would say it's far more likely that Trump thought Comey was close to a smoking gun than that Comey was actually pursuing anything along those lines. Flynn is probably going to end up on trial, and maybe some other associates of the campaign. But proving enough collusion with Russia to take Trump down was going to be difficult. (While I do think Trump is likely guilty, I don't think Russia was going to hurt him as much as some people do. On the other hand, what functions are his conscience seems to be awfully twitchy over it, so maybe I'm wrong.)

The likeliest it though that Trump knew there were no evidence whatsoever, because, you know, Trump likely didn't collaborate with Russians.

But his was fed up with media 'spin'  - 'there is something-something Russia Putin hack election Macron Le Pen, but can't say more because muuh classified information' Tongue

We know also that Trump wanted Comey to publicly dispute that. Comey refused.

Trump wrote:
He likely wanted Comey to publicly announce that.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 07:51:35 AM »

Trump being Trump is back.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 09:50:05 AM »

charming but not really the matter on hand. ^^

after all, no one questions that trump is theoretically allowed to do that....AFTER the investigation has finished or directly after being elected.

timing and explanation are the dealbreakers which make this thing nixonian.

At least we're starting to get some evidence about the collaboration...

Timing and explanation!
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »

Trump has successfully destroyed the Republican Party. He is a hero.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »

So I guess we'll soon see the leaks that proves that. Everyone's should just be so happy.

1) No way Trump manages to shut the investigation down. Perhaps, slow down a bit, but I really doubt it.
2) Now there will be much more focus on that.
3) Revenge for 'Emails'

It sounds like win-win for Democrats. They can't be happier, I guess!
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 04:53:14 PM »

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/862385363209265152

Do you goddamned job and stop leaking, d**kheads, or this will happen to you. // Unpredictable Donald J Trump
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 05:14:59 PM »

Just watched Sarah Huckabee Sanders give rambling non-answers to questions of "Ummm, wasnt Trump praising Comey's actions in late October?" The best they've been able to come up with is "Well, he was a candidate then and now he's president." Roll Eyes

Can any Trump drones here do better?

Soooo... no takers?

I've seen a lot of posters on here doing the sarcastic "Gee, I thought democrats wanted him fired" shtick, but I don't know that I've seen any blue avatars actually defend or explain Trump's (supposed) flip-flop on this. Nobody wants to try?

Easy. He lied. It's like 'defending or explaining' him calling 'Lyin Ted' a great guy or that he might consider 'Little Marco' to be his VP.

It just doesn't mean much.

And right now it seems like he's trolling. And those pictures with Lavrov and Kislyak!! If it is not trolling, what is?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 03:49:25 AM »

Just watched Sarah Huckabee Sanders give rambling non-answers to questions of "Ummm, wasnt Trump praising Comey's actions in late October?" The best they've been able to come up with is "Well, he was a candidate then and now he's president." Roll Eyes

Can any Trump drones here do better?

Soooo... no takers?

I've seen a lot of posters on here doing the sarcastic "Gee, I thought democrats wanted him fired" shtick, but I don't know that I've seen any blue avatars actually defend or explain Trump's (supposed) flip-flop on this. Nobody wants to try?

Easy. He lied. It's like 'defending or explaining' him calling 'Lyin Ted' a great guy or that he might consider 'Little Marco' to be his VP.

It just doesn't mean much.

And right now it seems like he's trolling. And those pictures with Lavrov and Kislyak!! If it is not trolling, what is?

So why did he fire Comey then, if he lied about his reasons for doing so? And it doesn't bother you that the president would lie about firing the FBI director?

There is just 2 possibilities:

1) Trump did collaborate with Russians and he tries to cover it up.
2) Trump did NOT collaborate with Russians, but he knows the power of media's nothing burgers (Benghazi, EMAILS!!!11) and don't want to end up like Hillary. So he tries to finish off the witch-hunt and the leakers. And, probably, he thinks that it was Comey's job to stop witch-hunt&Leaking.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 09:01:16 AM »

The problem is the mainstream media has lost all credibility by showing its obvious liberal bias. This has been long known, but never more visible than with Trump. Therefore, conservatives feel it falls on them to defend 'their man'. There's no question that some of the coverage has been hyperbolic. I agree with Howard Kurtz at Fox News. He stipulates that it's true Trump's rationale that Comey was fired over the Clinton e-mails is hard to believe, but still that comparisons of Trump to Nixon or suggestions that Pence will soon take over go too far, and are hysterical. This is quite right. Besides, such suggestions will only lead to false hope among liberals when they fail to materialize (as is likely). This Kurtz is a reasonable fellow, he should be given his own show if Hannity leaves.

Yepp. Trump was not born 'teflon'. Media made him that way. He is though (very?) good at exploiting that (their bias). Credit where it's due.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies