BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:35:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 41030 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: May 10, 2017, 07:45:10 AM »

I don't have a problem with Comey getting fired.

However the timing of this is highly suspect. If he were going to let Comey go, it should've been either before or after the investigation--not during. Anyone who disagrees with that only does so for political reasons.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »

When all is said and done, I have a feeling that this administration is going to be compared with that of Harding's.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:10:58 AM »

The issue is not his termination but rather the timing of it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »

There will simply never be anything to cause Trump supporters to stop blindly supporting him.

Trump dissolves congress and installs himself as president for life? They would have a million and one reasons why it was necessary.

He issues an executive order declaring the media as enemies of the state? It's all fake news anyway.

All political rivals are prosecuted? They deserve it, lock em up!

I realize these are extreme examples but we all know these fascists wouldn't even think of opposing Trump if he attempted to do anything remotely dictator-ish.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 06:57:52 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2017, 08:41:56 AM by Clay »

I'm glad to see that most people are starting to open their eyes to the truth regarding this clown we elected president.

Most people already knew it.

Trump lost by about 3 million votes; he only won the presidency on a technicality--not by the actual will of the people.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »

I'm reading so many responses here from Trump voters who are trying to defend the firing with an argument about Hillary Clinton.

Stop it.

Hillary is not president.

You can't keep using her to defend the actions of your guy.  His actions are now your ideals; defend them with intellect or don't post anything at all.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 08:39:37 AM »

It really is, and that is extraordinarily disappointing and disheartening.

I voted for George W. Bush and John McCain. 2016 was the first time I've voted for a Democrat.

Everything I've witnessed from the entirety of the campaign season to now, with this embarrassment of an administration, has convinced me to never vote Republican ever again.  Not only from within the Trump administration, but also the utter lack of accountability being directed to it by the failed Republican Congress.  And not just that, but also the continued blind support of every day Americans like EnglishPete who will literally keep supporting Trump no matter what happens.  I said it a day or two ago, but even if Trump somehow tried to overthrow the government to install a dictatorship, these people would still blindly follow.  He is their savior.  He means more to them than any religion or creed they've previously claimed to cherish.  He is their Jesus Christ and they will follow him to the bitter end.

I am completely done with the Republican Party and I have zero respect for the opinions and views of Trump supporters.  The current state of the White House should bring shame to every single individual living in this country; if it doesn't, then there is something seriously psychologically wrong with you.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 06:35:51 PM »

Let's take a step back and look at the history books of 2050. This is how this week will look.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is the literal objective historical record. This is what the Trump people here on this board are defending today. Winning is so much more important than explaining to the generation of 2050 why you supported this.

Aside from EnglishPete who is some sort of British UKIP person and JJC. who is -- well, to put it kindly, a bit overly dramatic about his hate of Democrats and “anti-illegal immigrants,” virtually all the Trump Republicans haven't made a defense of this. They know they'd be roundly mocked for it.

I'm pretty sure that deep down these supporters know that Trump reflects badly on them and they care more about winning against the Left in a series of ephemeral battles rather than actually supporting him. This was a lot of their reasons for supporting Trump: beat Hillary at all costs. That's their principles, essentially: a pleasure over beating the Left instead of advancing a series of goals.

This.

So much this.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 01:58:12 PM »

I want to take a moment to commend the Trump voters for their tireless campaign of spinning, lying, and defending their commander-in-chief even in the face of outright fact. It must take serious work and motivation just to keep yourselves going with the constant, day-to-day screw ups coming from the guy you elected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies