I apologize for my antics on this forum.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:04:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I apologize for my antics on this forum.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I apologize for my antics on this forum.  (Read 637 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:03:20 PM »

I get hot too easily and I become unhinged when I get into political debate. Considering I am a bit outnumbered on here, you can see why that happens often and deeply.

i will work on that, but don't get the idea that I am a trump zealot. I am in favor of the investigations and I hope we get to the bottom of it, and I am disappointed that many of the associates have shady pasts and financial practices.

I am not the hot head, alt right pepe warrior my short temper makes me out to be.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »

Marty,

Political debates typically get heated. Many of your posts are fairly reasonable even if I don't agree with the conclusion. You are no EnglishPete or JJC, FWIW

That said, this probably belongs in Forum Community
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 10:25:22 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 10:29:52 PM by TD »

No worries.

I apologize for being a d*ck to you. Contrary to impressions I would love to defend a conservative Republican administration (including on immigration and the war on radical Islam) and that's partially behind my own anger with that this administration.  Especially since I agree on several issues -- but their behavior makes it hard to do so with the clear conscience I would with President Walker or Rubio. I come off as more intemperate and rude as a result of my disappointment as I was telling someone here.

If this was another presidency with less alt right ties and no Russian ties the Left would hate me more than EnglishPete, I suspect. I'd much rather debate the liberals than fight over Trump.

No harm, no foul. Again I apologise for being rude to you and I'll try to be more diplomatic with you.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 10:29:45 PM »

I feel like I should apologize too if I have offended or hurt anyone, too. I try not to get too unhinged, but sometimes I do (See: last two pages of BREAKING: Trump fires Comey) when people say things that just really get me going.  Echoing marty, I also favor investigations into Trump and am not a 100% follower of literally everything he says or does. I'm relatively new here (6 months), so I don't want to make too many enemies.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »

No worries.

I apologize for being a d*ck to you. Contrary to impressions I would love to defend a conservative Republican administration (including on immigration and the war on radical Islam) and that's partially behind my own anger with that this administration.  Especially since I agree on several issues -- but their behavior makes it hard to do so with the clear conscience I would with President Walker or Rubio. I come off as more intemperate and rude as a result of my disappointment as I was telling someone here.

If this was another presidency with less alt right ties and no Russian ties the Left would hate me more than EnglishPete, I suspect. I'd much rather debate the liberals than fight over Trump.

No harm, no foul. Again I apologise for being rude to you and I'll try to be more diplomatic with you.

I do recall you being pretty conservative when you first wrote Between a two Majorities some years ago. Props for sticking to your guns even with an administration from a party you'd normally favor
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 11:43:49 PM »

I get hot too easily and I become unhinged when I get into political debate. Considering I am a bit outnumbered on here, you can see why that happens often and deeply.

i will work on that, but don't get the idea that I am a trump zealot. I am in favor of the investigations and I hope we get to the bottom of it, and I am disappointed that many of the associates have shady pasts and financial practices.

I am not the hot head, alt right pepe warrior my short temper makes me out to be.

Same goes for me. I apologize for getting heated with others too and for going off at you sometimes.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 12:23:31 AM »

Never apologize, never back down, never show weakness.
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 12:25:40 AM »

Which mod forced you to do this?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 12:29:40 AM »

Shades of Alex Jones' Comet Ping Pong apology.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 01:15:42 AM »

who care
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 01:17:34 AM »

nice guy ff Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 01:28:19 AM »

Everyone here has been a d-bag at least once this past week. Smiley

Me included.
I think marty did a very honorable thing here.
I for one, can say that I have a new level of respect for the dude. Now how long that will last ..... well, this is to be seen.
8-)

Well said Mr marty !
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies