AMA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:48:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AMA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AMA  (Read 2665 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: May 10, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »

Do you see yourself voting straight ticket D until Trump leaves office and Trumpism dies out in the GOP?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 05:48:56 PM »

Do you see yourself voting straight ticket D until Trump leaves office and Trumpism dies out in the GOP?

Yes.

At this juncture the plan is to do that as its the only really meaningful way to force the Republicans to address the Russian issue and the alt right issues (not populist -- I mean alt right racial and ethnic issues). I'm not very fond of the idea but I don't really have a choice. Simply voting Republican for Congress and local office but voting against Trump changes nothing. They need to be pushed to take action on the investigation and reforming the party. The more pain the rank and file Republicans feel the more pressure they direct upwards.

So yes, the idea is to vote Democratic until the Republicans clear the party of their Russian and alt right issues. If I think Pence is innocent of collusion and rids the party of the alt right like Bannon I will vote Pence and the Republican ticket -- most likely. But that's an if contingent on many things.

I do anticipate myself voting Republican when the Democrats retake the White House, provided the Republican coalition is reformed.

Great. Welcome to the fold Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies