HOUSE BILL: Antineutrino-Simossad Affordable Housing Act of 2017 (Passed VP/PPT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:00:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Antineutrino-Simossad Affordable Housing Act of 2017 (Passed VP/PPT)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Antineutrino-Simossad Affordable Housing Act of 2017 (Passed VP/PPT)  (Read 2188 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:25:33 AM »
« edited: June 13, 2017, 10:51:03 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
People's House of Representatives
Pending
[/quote]

Sponsor: Simossad
Co-sponsor: Pessimistic  Antineutrino
House Designation: HB 1110 I think
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:29:32 AM »

The sponsors have 24 hours to commence an advocacy for this bill.

The rest of the members have 48 hours to post their initial thoughts and questions.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:46:57 AM »

This is a sensible bill, I would sign it.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »

Thank your, Mr. Speaker, for introducing this bill to the floor. It will hopefully draw more attention than the previous one.

This bill has is roots in the failed "The Rent is Too Damn High Act," which was shut down by the members of this house without a real debate. Right after the failure of the bill was announced, the honorable Representative Pessimistic Antineutrino and I got into contact and exchanged our ideas on this very important issue. Our goal was to create a bill on affordable housing which is influenced by the very rare criticism on the last bill and which incourages the real estate owners to invest in and to offer affordable housing for everyone. This is a real bipartisan effort by Pessimistic Antineutrino of the Federalist Party and by myself of the Labor Party and I truly believe that we have created a stable and solid foundation that is acceptable for the vast majority of representatives and that we can built and work on, if necessary.

We have addressed the criticism by the president and established a compromise on the issue of rent control measurements by giving more power to the regions, by making it more flexible and individually adjustable for the regions' executives and by making the introduction of such a rent control measurement completely optional. We are giving an extra competence to the regions, and it is a fairly sensible shift of competence which we added there, knowing that the situation within the regions can best be evaluated by the regions themselves.

Section four aims to create tax incentives for real estate owners to invest in empty apartments and houses and rent them for a relatively low amount of money or resell them for a relatively low amount of money. We hope that these tax incentives encourage these people to do so and that this measurement will lead to a revivement of empty and abandoned homes.
We also created a housing pool for empty and abandoned homes which gives the opportunity for families and people who struggle to find an affordable place to live to get an apartement or a house for a relatively low amount of money. Both the condominium and the tenants have tax incentives to use this opportunity.

Honorable members, dear collegues, this bill is, and I know that I repeat myself, the result of a bipartisan effort to address this very important issue. It would be a great thing if we find an agreement and accept this compromise that would definitely help Atlasian citizens.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 11:13:19 PM »

This is a very good piece of legislation; not only does it tackle the issue of rising rents, but helps reduce the cost for people to move into abandoned houses. This bill will have my support.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 03:51:30 AM »

I lean towards supporting this as well. However, I will note that the text could use some improvements, or is "programme" spelled that intentionally?
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »

I lean towards supporting this as well. However, I will note that the text could use some improvements, or is "programme" spelled that intentionally?

Of yourse not, just a minor error which is caused by the difficulty to seperate the British and the American spelling for someone who speaks English as a second language Tongue
Do we have to vote on an amendment or can we leave it like this, regarding to the fact that the content of the bill does not change?
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 04:09:54 PM »

Nothing much I can really say that Rep. Simossad has not covered already Tongue

The main objection (of which there were not many) to the RI2DH Act was the idea of a federal rent control - an idea that honestly did not seem appealing to me, hence why I voted against the bill. This bill is thus an attempt at a more comprehensive reform of housing policy which would in turn (hopefully) engender more debate than the last one.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 10:48:05 AM »

growls at the silent members

You could even call it the "silent" majority since I count 5 as having not posted yet on this. Unacceptable! Tongue
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »

The silent majority stands with the AHA!

(jk I can't speak for what is now the silent minority. Looks good, though. Tongue)
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 01:58:40 PM »

I'm hoping the silence indicates universal approval Tongue

If not please don't let this end up like the last bill...
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 04:28:57 AM »

I apologize for taking part of the silent majority once again lol.

But on a more serious note, I find this to be a very robust, yet solid plan for the good of citizens to be able to buy abandoned homes at affordable prices and keeps the Federal Rent Control from charging over set percentages.

This has my full support. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 10:40:52 AM »

Well now that we have at least a debating majority:

Of yourse not, just a minor error which is caused by the difficulty to seperate the British and the American spelling for someone who speaks English as a second language Tongue
Do we have to vote on an amendment or can we leave it like this, regarding to the fact that the content of the bill does not change?

Probably best to do it as an amendment.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 11:56:23 PM »

First 72 hours analysis:

Sponsor (Simossad) posted in the first 24 hours: Yes
Co-Sponsor (Pessimistic) posted in the first 72 hours: Yes

Other members:
Peebs: No
NC Yankee: Yes
OneJ: No
Leinad: No
Clyde1998: Yes
Dereich: No
Santander: No
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 05:58:54 AM »

I'm probably just not realizing something, but can someone explain the "classes" in section 2? It seems to me they're just numbers that the regions can decide - should the bill provide some guidelines? I don't really understand how they're supposed to work...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 11:42:21 PM »

This bill no longer has its primary sponsor.

Representatives have 48 hours to assume sponsorship.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 12:59:55 PM »

This bill no longer has its primary sponsor.

Representatives have 48 hours to assume sponsorship.
I'll be happy to take over sponsorship, but I'll give Pessimistic  Antineutrino the opportunity to take over before formally requesting anything.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »

I'd like to take over primary sponsorship of this bill.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 02:48:17 PM »

I'd like to take over primary sponsorship of this bill.
I'll second this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »

Representatives have 48 hours to object.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 11:25:28 PM »

PEssimistic is now the primary sponsor of this bill.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 01:32:58 AM »

My instincts is to just roll these bills along out the door, but I am mindful of the fact that we have nothing in the queue and several open slots as it is.

Be that as it may, if nothing comes up in the next 24 hours or so I plan to open a vote.
CMB222
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »

I am very hesitant on this bill. While I don't really like like the government deciding rents. I do like the filling of empty homes. This is a solid abstain for me right now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 03:19:17 AM »

I am very hesitant on this bill. While I don't really like like the government deciding rents. I do like the filling of empty homes. This is a solid abstain for me right now.

Are there any questions you might have for the sponsor or other supporters that could sway you one way or the other at present?
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 09:00:15 PM »

I get where you come from on that part. I actually voted against the last housing bill introduced by simossad for the same reason - because it was a non flexible 10% rent control.

The rent control was a concession - we decided to keep it but make it is flexible as possible for municipal governments to use at their own discretion, or not at all. In any case it's meant to be used as a last resort protective measure when you have rents in the big cities spiraling upwards out of control. 99% it shouldn't have to be implemented.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies