What's the smallest number of counties most Trump votes came from?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:30:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What's the smallest number of counties most Trump votes came from?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the smallest number of counties most Trump votes came from?  (Read 944 times)
mieastwick
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2017, 01:54:31 PM »

A majority of Trump general election votes in Michigan came from eight counties (Oakland [Detroit suburbs and exurbs], Wayne [Detroit suburbs], Macomb [working-class Detroit suburbs], Kent [Grand Rapids], Ottawa [most socially conservative county in state], Genesee [Flint and suburbs], Livingston [Detroit exurbs], Kalamazoo). What's the same statistic for the US as a whole?

BTW a majority of Trump primary votes in Michigan came from only seven counties (Oakland, Macomb, Wayne, Kent, Genesee, Livingston, and St. Clair [Port Huron area]). What's the same statistic for the US as a whole?

I know this is basically RINO Tom fanservice, but who cares.
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:49:04 PM »

Here are the numbers for Wisconsin.
A majority of Trump general election voters came from 11 counties out of 72 (Waukesha, Milwaukee, Dane, Brown, Washington, Outagamie, Racine, Winnebago, Marathon, Kenosha, Sheboygan). A majority of Trump primary votes came from 13 counties (Milwaukee, Waukesha, Dane, Brown, Outagamie, Marathon, Winnebago, Racine, Kenosha, Rock, Washington, La Crosse, Fond du Lac).

Probably if I asked you guys without you looking up the answer, nobody would guess Milwaukee county had the highest number of Trump primary votes of any county in Wisconsin.

Can anyone find these two numbers for the US as a whole??? Bueller!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:30:43 PM »

A majority of Trump general election votes in Michigan came from eight counties (Oakland [Detroit suburbs and exurbs], Wayne [Detroit suburbs], Macomb [working-class Detroit suburbs], Kent [Grand Rapids], Ottawa [most socially conservative county in state], Genesee [Flint and suburbs], Livingston [Detroit exurbs], Kalamazoo). What's the same statistic for the US as a whole?

BTW a majority of Trump primary votes in Michigan came from only seven counties (Oakland, Macomb, Wayne, Kent, Genesee, Livingston, and St. Clair [Port Huron area]). What's the same statistic for the US as a whole?

I know this is basically RINO Tom fanservice, but who cares.

Otherwise known as telling the truth and not boiling everything down to a simplistic story of polar opposite coalitions more suitable for a third grader than a forum of political nerds.
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 01:29:28 PM »

Is nobody ever going to answer my question???
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 01:48:22 PM »

A majority of Trump voters in Arizona live in a single county:  Maricopa. 
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 02:30:23 PM »

Yes, but I want this statistic for the nation as a whole. The 2016 election stats page here only shows the top 10 counties in Trump votes; that's not enough for a majority of nationwide votes.

My guess is in the range of 200-600 counties for Trump general election voters, and ~50 counties for HRC general election voters?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 07:37:55 PM »

Yes, but I want this statistic for the nation as a whole. The 2016 election stats page here only shows the top 10 counties in Trump votes; that's not enough for a majority of nationwide votes.

My guess is in the range of 200-600 counties for Trump general election voters, and ~50 counties for HRC general election voters?

Copy county data into Excel
Sort Largest to Smallest by Number of Trump votes
Divide column by Number of total Trump votes
Highlight column until you reach 50%
Voi la
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »

A majority of Trump voters in Arizona live in a single county:  Maricopa.  

Copy county data into Excel
Sort Largest to Smallest by Number of Trump votes
Divide column by Number of total Trump votes
Highlight column until you reach 50%
Voi la
Where do I find the county data in excel for all states? I don't have a subscription to the Atlas and not all states provide this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies