Dean's running mate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:09:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Dean's running mate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: Dean's running mate  (Read 26970 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2003, 08:07:01 AM »

For all those listing listing candidates like Dick Gephardt, and Kuchinich as cabinet members, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are negatively attacking Dean who will win the nomination. Clark is the best shot. the next colin powell

Clark is not as smart as Powell.

Grow up...

I agree.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2003, 11:09:31 AM »

For all those listing listing candidates like Dick Gephardt, and Kuchinich as cabinet members, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are negatively attacking Dean who will win the nomination. Clark is the best shot. the next colin powell

Clark is not as smart as Powell.

Grow up...
good post Al.
RhodeRage
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2003, 03:22:03 PM »

I think that Dean picking Clark as a running mate would be too predictable for that loveable irratic governor of ours.  I think that Dean is politically smart and thus would pick someone from the South.  Edwards is too young and would ecclipse Dean's image of being the vibrant one.  Someone new would go against Dean's hope of uniting the Democratic party (two outsiders won't work).  I predict that Senator Graham will get the second place on the ticket, despite any of his previous reservations.  He's already backed down and put himself in the perfect place to eventually endorse Dean when the time is right.  With Graham, Dean will have a shot at Florida and some southern moderate states.  The question remains just how much impact will a Veep slot have on a North Eastern governor.  Personally, I'm hopeful, but not stupid.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2003, 03:25:57 PM »

Listen to what we can do with Feingold:
Solidfy Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, open up Ohio, and Mizzo.  Edwards could Open up Arkansas, Louisiana, maybe Mizzo, and NC, but he wouldn't solidfy anything.  Calrk would have the same effect.

Gephardt won't run with Dean after they have been ripping each other's heads off for months now.
DarthKosh

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2003, 03:35:13 PM »

Solidfy Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, open up Ohio, and Mizzo.  Edwards could Open up Arkansas, Louisiana, maybe Mizzo, and NC, but he wouldn't solidfy anything.  Calrk would have the same effect.

Gephardt won't run with Dean after they have been ripping each other's heads off for months now.
VPs really don't do that much other then fill the ticket.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2003, 03:36:05 PM »

They can help regionally.
DarthKosh

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2003, 03:37:05 PM »

Not really.  The top of the ticket is what get's people out to vote.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2003, 03:38:08 PM »

VP's do matter somewhat.
DarthKosh

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2003, 03:39:45 PM »

VP's do matter somewhat.
Not in any way that effects EV.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2003, 03:42:45 PM »

Agreed(what about Gephardt as sec. of Labor?)

Never happen.  Gepardt and Dean hate each other.  Just like Gepardt and Gore hate each other.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2003, 03:45:03 PM »

Agreed(what about Gephardt as sec. of Labor?)

Never happen.  Gepardt and Dean hate each other.  Just like Gepardt and Gore hate each other.

That's what I've been saying.
jravnsbo

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2003, 03:46:02 PM »

Graham is anti-war with experience in dc but leaving and would fit with Dean and seems the likely choice.

but then Ar and LA and MO would be safe and Bush still carries FL.

I think that Dean picking Clark as a running mate would be too predictable for that loveable irratic governor of ours.  I think that Dean is politically smart and thus would pick someone from the South.  Edwards is too young and would ecclipse Dean's image of being the vibrant one.  Someone new would go against Dean's hope of uniting the Democratic party (two outsiders won't work).  I predict that Senator Graham will get the second place on the ticket, despite any of his previous reservations.  He's already backed down and put himself in the perfect place to eventually endorse Dean when the time is right.  With Graham, Dean will have a shot at Florida and some southern moderate states.  The question remains just how much impact will a Veep slot have on a North Eastern governor.  Personally, I'm hopeful, but not stupid.
DarthKosh

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2003, 03:51:03 PM »

I think that they are safe regardless.

Graham is anti-war with experience in dc but leaving and would fit with Dean and seems the likely choice.

jravnsbo

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2003, 03:56:44 PM »

Me 2, but no matter who dean picks some states will swing from close GOP to leaning GOP.  His liberalisim will hurt him the most of course in these conservative states.  However, you never know about a fav son vote such as Clark with Arkansas, but I guess he has hardly lived there being inthe military all the time.

I think that they are safe regardless.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2003, 04:18:58 PM »

If Dean is going to pick a southerner he should go with Edwards.  Edwards could appeal to the upper south, something that Graham can't do.  Edwards would also only be 58 in 2012; Graham would be 75.
jravnsbo

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2003, 04:45:42 PM »

But Edwards doesn't want the job and Graham does, that is obvious.

If Dean is going to pick a southerner he should go with Edwards.  Edwards could appeal to the upper south, something that Graham can't do.  Edwards would also only be 58 in 2012; Graham would be 75.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2003, 04:46:54 PM »

I still think Edwards would tak it if it is offered to him.
jravnsbo

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2003, 04:52:56 PM »

great!  as Bush would still carry NC and not much is gained, except it keeps Edwards alive for 2008.

I still think Edwards would tak it if it is offered to him.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2003, 08:58:30 PM »

I can't think of a logical choice for a Dean's VP.  I would think that he'd want to balance the ticket geographically which rules out Lieberman, Kerry, Biden, among others.  It seems as though he'd want someone experienced to run with him which pretty much kills Edwards as a realistic choice.  He might not want two anti-war candidates on the same ticket.  If so, that rules out Clark and Graham.

Gephardt wouldn't take the no. 2 spot I don't think.  Who's left?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2003, 09:05:07 PM »

I can't think of a logical choice for a Dean's VP.  I would think that he'd want to balance the ticket geographically which rules out Lieberman, Kerry, Biden, among others.  It seems as though he'd want someone experienced to run with him which pretty much kills Edwards as a realistic choice.  He might not want two anti-war candidates on the same ticket.  If so, that rules out Clark and Graham.

Gephardt wouldn't take the no. 2 spot I don't think.  Who's left?
FEINGOLD
DarthKosh

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2004, 11:15:59 AM »

Why pick Edwards?  He is not even popular in his own state.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2004, 12:47:25 PM »

Hello from Melbourne international!

Well, he would put the other southern states in play, even if he doesn't do that with NC.  Arkansas and Tennessee would be brought into toss-up range.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2004, 12:50:59 PM »

Well, he would put the other southern states in play, even if he doesn't do that with NC.  Arkansas and Tennessee would be brought into toss-up range.

Edwards flatly refused any offers to be VP.  I don't know if he'll stick to it, but not doing so would hurt his credibility.  That wouldn't be a good thing seeing as Dean already has a credibility gap of his own.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2004, 12:52:16 PM »

Edwards flatly refused any offers to be VP.  I don't know if he'll stick to it, but not doing so would hurt his credibility.  That wouldn't be a good thing seeing as Dean already has a credibility gap of his own.
I think Edwards would accept the VP slot if it is offered to him.
DarthKosh

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2004, 01:08:32 PM »

I think Edwards would accept the VP slot if it is offered to him.
I don't think he would.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies