Your least favorite president post-Nixon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:49:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your least favorite president post-Nixon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Gerald Ford

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan

George H. W. Bush

Bill Clinton

George W. Bush

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 137

Author Topic: Your least favorite president post-Nixon  (Read 5723 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 19, 2017, 08:01:40 PM »

Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump
Last year he was the worst presidential candidate I had ever seen, campaigning so badly it was as if he wanted to lose rather than he wanted to win.
This year he is governing in a manner displaying complete incompetence.
I'm saying this as an assessment of his general qualities as a politician and leader, not in terms of my assessment of the one thing about presidencies that is more important to me than anything else. Is Neil Gorsuch any worse of a Supreme Court Justice than the others who have been appointed by presidents since Richard Nixon? No. Gorsuch is likely going to be just as mediocre as the rest of the appointees by Ford, Reagan, both Bushes, Clinton, and Obama. If there is another Supreme Court vacancy in the next three years, then Trump will probably appoint another mediocrity. I want -- BADLY -- to see a President get elected who will appoint to the US Supreme Court only the most highly objective interpreters of law that can be found anywhere in this country; we need people like Oliver Wendell Holmes, Learned Hand, Benjamin Cardozo, and Hugo Black to be appointed, and so far I have no reason to think Neil Gorsuch will turn out to be anything like them. Nor will anyone else that Trump might appoint. In this regard, Trump is NOT worse than the other Presidents of the last several decades.

But in terms of the kinds of other qualities that many people often look for in our US Presidents, Trump is the worst.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies