Your least favorite president post-Nixon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:13:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your least favorite president post-Nixon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Gerald Ford

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan

George H. W. Bush

Bill Clinton

George W. Bush

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 137

Author Topic: Your least favorite president post-Nixon  (Read 5694 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 19, 2017, 05:23:35 PM »

Worst to Best on a Personal Level:

Trump
Clinton
Reagan
Dubya
Obama
HW Bush
Carter
Ford

Worst to Best on Foreign Policy (Trump not included)Sad

Dubya
Obama
Ford
Carter
Reagan (Only for the Summit Meetings with Gorbachev)
Clinton
HW Bush

Worst to Best on Domestic Policy (Trump not Included)Sad

Reagan
Dubya
Carter
Ford
Clinton
HW Bush

Obama

Purple=Tied

Worst to Best on How well they worked with Congress (Trump Not Included)Sad

Obama
Carter
Ford
HW Bush
Dubya
Clinton
Reagan

Worst to Best on How Well they persuaded the Public:

Ford
Carter
HW Bush
Dubya
Obama
Clinton
Reagan

My Rankings show Reagan to be a very effective President the most effective of all the Presidents since 1974, but outside of Foreign Policy, I don't think he was effective in a good way, so on the whole I think he was a bad President. Not Including the Donald, Dubya was the worst,  but because we are, than Trump, thus far, holds the title as my least favorite President Post Nixon.

dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 08:45:37 PM »

HW Bush handled the Gulf War masterfully and had justification to go into it. I can't say the same about Dubya and the 2003 invasion of Iraq and while I can say Afghanistan was justified, it was handled poorly and went on too long, this is a strike against Obama as well. Obama also has Libya against him as well.  HW Bush kept a level head during the fall of the Berlin Wall rather than gloat, and he also showed good leadership during the end of the Cold War and the reunification of Germany.

Both HW and Clinton left the Presidency with the world more stable and Country more respected around the world. I can't say the Same about Dubya and Obama.

Clinton had a rough first year in office, but after that he found his footing. Bosnia and Kosovo were handled well (even if Clinton was reluctant to go in) and Clinton deserves some credit for the Irish peace process. Not to mention Clinton came closer than any President prior or since in making peace between Israel and Palestine. 

Outside of PEPFAR, Dubya was a failed President in Foreign Policy. I don't think much elaboration is needed here.

Obama's two big accomplishments in Foreign Policy accomplishments were  Bin Laden's death and normalizing relations with Cuba. Outside of that, he drew red lines, saw them repeatedly crossed and did nothing. Either respond or don't draw the redlines in the first place. I also question the long term success of the Iran Deal.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies